Closed The Weeping Myrian and the Mercenary [Yuri]

While Riyk crys her eyes out over her sister a mercenary has a job to do

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

The Weeping Myrian and the Mercenary [Yuri]

Postby Riyk on August 6th, 2014, 2:08 am

36th of Summer, 514 AV 10 Bells

Tonight it was Kitaot's birthday. Every thought possible was running through her brain. Even though she payed to Nysel, which she had no particular belief in it was nice to know that there was someone who would look over her dreams at night. Every night on days that reminded her of her sister would haunt her dreams. The execution would play over and over again.

Riyk was sitting at the end of her bed. Ntoto was just there for comfort. So far she hadn't even gone out all day. Tears about to pour out, they filled to the brim. It was already pretty late out side and she could barely see outside the window. With candles lit around the room she examined her arrow carefully. After using it to hunt yesterday the stone had slightly grown dull.

Taking her knife to the stone she gently begun to sharpen it. Before she knew it tears were beginning to blur her vision. Riyk would try everything not to cry over her coward of a sister. Ntoto's head popped up when she started sniffling, then it all came out. Riyk was like a waterfall.

As she pushed Ntoto off of her she crawled to her pillow. She knew it would be a restless night. Riyk at thought about going down to the tavern part of the Inn and getting drunk. Possibly bring another sailor to bed with her. Laying ontop of the covers Ntoto knew something was wrong. His tail was tucked between his legs and his ears flat to his skull. Allowing Ntoto to come lay next to her, he circled eight times around and then layed next to her face.
Last edited by Riyk on August 28th, 2014, 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
This character as been retired!
Riyk
I've got some bad intentions.

Words: 20480
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2014, 11:13 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Yuri Lehrer on August 7th, 2014, 10:49 pm

Yuri Lehrer found himself enjoying one of his more recent pastimes... wandering the city of Zeltiva after dark in full combat dress, something which he had found himself doing more often lately as he had a lot of spare time on his hands, normally this was occupied by honing his skills, or by completing any tasks he was hired to perform, but overall it left him with plenty of time to kill. Not really paying attention to his surroundings, Yuri let his feet carry him wherever they may; he momentarily tried to place himself on the mental map he was constructing, pausing while he did so, when he failed, Yuri shrugged and continued to follow his feet.

At one point, finding himself in a mostly unfamiliar area, Yuri looked around wondering what he would find, this turned out to be nothing more than a couple of copper rimmed mizas, which he left where they were in case someone, however unlikely, was looking for them. When he backtracked to the original path he had been taking, Yuri wondered where he might end up when his feet chose to stop their movement which dictated neither rhyme nor reason with the present path they were taking.

It happened to be at that particular moment Yuri’s feet decided to stop, looking up, he found himself outside the World’s End Grotto, a place he had seen and occasionally been inside, pondering the reason his feet had brought him to this place Well, I don’t think that I’m thirsty, but my feet might know better, or they brought me here so I would be able to sleep in a bed which isn’t situated in the wilderness? Shrugging to himself, Yuri opened the door to the inn, and found his senses assaulted by different stimuli, his nose was inhaling the scent of all of the different foods being consumed and prepared, his eyes were treated to a generally jovial scene, and his hearing detected many different conversations at once all die down as he entered.

When he shut the door behind him, some of the conversations had started up again, other people were still looking at him, wondering what he might be doing there, as he made his way over to the bar, they looked away and continued their conversations, seemingly satisfied as to his intentions for the night. When he arrived at the bar, Yuri asked if it would be possible to get himself a drink of plain water, the barkeep replied that it would cost him a couple of copper mizas, which he produced promptly. When Yuri was given his drink, he drank it slowly, enjoying the refreshment that it gave him after his walk, when he was done he gave the barkeep back the glass he had been using, kindly refusing the offer of another drink.

At this point, Yuri felt like exploring the establishment and asked the barkeep if it would have been OK, he was told it would be fine, as long as he didn’t enter any of the patron’s rooms, without permission. Looking for the easiest path through the groups of tables and patrons, Yuri made his way through, interrupting a couple of conversations as he went, he apologised and continued on, before long he found himself at the stairs and proceeded up them.

When he reached the top of the stairs, Yuri turned around and was greeted with a view of the first floor from up high, sighing inwardly he continued with his turn until he was facing the rather plain looking doors to the set of rooms on the second floor. Yuri made his way up the hall until he heard the sounds of sobbing or crying emanating from one of the doors, taking a step towards the door in question, he knocked gently a few times and called out in a soft, friendly tone “Is everything OK in there?” Yuri stood there, wondering if he would get a reply.
All thanks to Assilsa Curare for the signature.

Replied Owed 1/1 | Threads 1/5 (3) | Threads Planned: 1 | Threads Awaiting Grading: 0

Threads that need replies: 1/1 (1)
Death to Death
Yuri Lehrer
The Honourable Mercenary

Words: 118678
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2013, 4:19 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Riyk on August 14th, 2014, 4:26 am

Ntoto was the first to jump at the voice. When Riyk heard it, her weeping had come to a immediate halt. Her first reaction was to wipe her salty tears. Proceeding to do this, she jumped out of the bed softly and sniffled lightly, taking her shirt to remove her tears. Taking in a deep breath she placed her hand on the door but did not open it yet.

Slowly Riyk took her hand from the door and then laid down on the floor. Looking under the door she saw a pair of rather large boots. Not to mention the voice was a man. Rolling on her back she wondered if she would open it. Not many people, mainly women, like how Riyk went about her days. She ran a few married men through her head that she had approached and took to bed but none made sense. So this wasn't one of them or anyone she knew.

Raising to her feet Riyk posed a question, "Who am I speaking to right now." Waiting for a response she put her back to the door and turned her head. Her ear was placed on the wood door and her hand on the wood. Ntoto's head was straight, staring at the door, and his ears were straight up. Although his current look gave off the feeling he meant business, his tail was wagging quickly.
Last edited by Riyk on August 28th, 2014, 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Riyk

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Yuri Lehrer on August 19th, 2014, 1:06 am

Yuri’s pondering of whether he would receive an answer to his question was short lived as, almost as soon as he asked, the weeping stopped At least whoever it is has stopped crying... he thought to himself as he shifted his weight from leg to leg wondering what sort of person was behind the door he had knocked upon. Shortly after the weeping stopped it was replaced by a slight scratching sound, like claws on a wood, this made Yuri think that maybe it was a Kelvic in animal form, for a brief moment, before he rationalised that it couldn’t be Because animals don’t weep, do they?

After his moment of thought, Yuri listened intently, trying to place the room’s owner at an approximate distance from the door, he heard a few light sounds, like one’s feet scraping against wood, but it sounded distant to him The person must be on the other side of the room if I’m right The next sound Yuri heard was a sniffle, muffled by the door but still some way off, at least that’s the impression the muffled sound made. Yuri stood casually and examined his hand for any sort of excess dirt, a habit of his when he was idly standing around waiting for something to happen.

Yuri thought he heard something nearby and looked around, trying to locate its source, he unfortunately failed in this endeavor and turned his attention back to the door which he found himself outside, and was surprised to hear a voice, female and soft, emanate from within, posing its own question to him “To whom am I speaking?” When he heard the voice, Yuri adopted a surprised look on his face as he hadn’t really been expecting the woman to answer. Regaining his composure after the unexpected response, Yuri answered in kind, using a friendly tone “You are speaking to Yuri Lehrer of Black Rock, might I ask who I am talking to?” When his own question was posed, Yuri stood in a relaxed stance, arms hanging by his side, weight mostly on his left leg, and waited for the reply which would most likely come within the next few ticks.
All thanks to Assilsa Curare for the signature.

Replied Owed 1/1 | Threads 1/5 (3) | Threads Planned: 1 | Threads Awaiting Grading: 0

Threads that need replies: 1/1 (1)
Death to Death
Yuri Lehrer
The Honourable Mercenary

Words: 118678
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2013, 4:19 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Riyk on August 28th, 2014, 4:40 am

Riyk propped her back gently against the wooden door. Ntoto's nose was pressed against the door, trying to get a scent but the bluntly stuck his nose under the door. His damp black nostrils flared frivolously. When it came down to it he was quite the hunter for his size. Hissing at him in Myrian, “Stop it you dumb rat, you're going to get me killed.” These whispered words were cold but Ntoto took them as they were, retreating with a soft whimper.

As he crawled onto the bed, he covered his short muzzle with the soft covers and watched in silence. Watching him slink away gave a pang of sadness but of course, he was an animal. A treat of some sort and a pet is all it would take for him to return to his normal status. Returning to the conversation Riyk creased her brow when she found where this Yuri Lehrer hailed from. Riyk did not have the best time in Black Rock.

Although she managed to keep to herself in Black Rock, the haunting ghosts and the quiet screams were enough for Riyk to grow rather distastefully to the city. Sure Taloba was a frightening and dangerous place but Black Rock, it made her wish that she had never gotten on that boat in the first place. That was not her type of fear. Overall she preferred facing a poisonous Dhani or massive Tskanna over Black Rock. "Just give me a second?" It was about time Riyk opened the door to come face to face with whomever was on the other side of the door.

Hesitantly Riyk unlocked a thin rusty steel hinge on the door. Ntoto leaped off of the bed and before Riyk quickly tried to grab her dog but he was already bouncing joyously around the man. Shouting a few Myrian swears she didn't pay attention to Yuri's features, at least not until she could get a hold on the wiggling dog. Finally Riyk grabbed Ntoto, whom continued to struggle about in her arms. Taking in a deep breath Riyk fixed herself. Smoothing down her black hair and pushing it out of her face.

If this man had intentions to hurt Riyk, he would have done it already. So she took her faith on this one. Extending her hand she examined the man called Yuri, who was definitely taller than her and was quite handsome. "Riyk of.." at first she hesitated then she simple came out with, "Zeltiva." Holding back Ntoto with one arm and shaking a hand with the other she was a mess.

OOCHey there! I'd like to apologize for my absence and the time it took me to get this reply. I had family emergences as well as computer issues. Very, very sorry for the inconvenience.
Riyk

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Perplexity on October 9th, 2014, 3:10 pm

Yuri :
Skills:
    Socialization | +1 EXP
    Observation | +1 EXP
Loot:
  • Happy that you considered paying for a glass of water but it's not something you'd be charged for. Since you know...it's everywhere in Zeltiva.
Lores:
  • Riyk…of Zeltiva?

Comments :
Not much to give here. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns at your earliest convenience.
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)