Solo An Honest Merchant

L'orlei sets up shop, and does something she regrets. She tries desperately to make amends for it.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

An Honest Merchant

Postby L'orlei on May 20th, 2014, 10:43 pm

Timestamp: 70th of Spring, 514 AV

L'orlei made her way down to the docks, lugging her chest full of goods behind her. She'd upgraded from carrying everything in a blanket and her backpack to a chest with wheels. She still used the blanket, of course, that was her style, but she was able to display only the most enticing of goods on it, and leave the less interesting stuff in the chest until she needed it.

The docks was her main place of business, since there were constantly people visiting the city, and L'orlei liked to take advantage of being the first konti they saw. That, combined with her uncanny ability to know the name of each and every person she met, made the docks a great place for business. Many visitors to the isle were first timers, and weren't yet used to the special abilities most konti possessed. Perhaps it was a bit unfair to take advantage of the situation that way, but it wasn't as if her merchandise was hurting any of them. She always tried her best to sell them something they needed. L'orlei was an honest merchant.

The healer reached the docks and laid out her blanket, setting out her various items. Various balms and poultices were put out, and next to those she set her pair of healing scrolls. They were not the best, some of her earliest work, but L'orlei still hoped somebody would be willing to buy it. Next to those she set her vials of priskilweed, and a few other things, then sat back to wait for the customers to come her way.

Kontinese - Green | Common - White | Tukant - Cyan
L'orlei
Player

Words: 139554
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2011, 8:03 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

An Honest Merchant

Postby L'orlei on October 11th, 2014, 11:52 am

Her wares laid out, it was only a matter of waiting for the young Konti, waiting for the first of the sailors to wake and leave their ships. She did not have to wait long. Soon enough, men began to trickle down from the docks, and L'orlei called out to them by name.

"Aaron Redwind, care for a poultice? Mark, a salve for that scar? Farrel, might I interest you in a balm to protect your skin from the sun?"

Many started in surprise at the sound of their names, but none took the bait. L'orlei frowned. She needed customers. She needed to make as many mizas as possible before she set out on her journey, but nobody seemed interested. Biting her lip, she made a decision.

"Garret! Good sailor, never worry about illness again, for only twenty mizas."

The sailor paused when he heard his name, and then raised an eyebrow, making his way over to the woman and her blanket. He was a portly man, skin browned from the sun and brown eyes to match with short, wavy hair and a thin mustache. He glanced over the items laid out before turning his gaze to L'orlei.

"How do ye know my name, madam?"

"I know what the goddess wishes me to know, good sailor."

"What's this about ne'er being sick again?"

L'orlei resisted the urge to bite her lip again, not wanting the sailor to see. You need the mizas, L'orlei. She reached for one of the rolled up scrolls, unfurling it and showing it to the sailor. It was poorly done, one of her earliest works, and was more like to make a man sick than cure him. Well, not truly, but it might not be as effective as she'd like. You need the mizas, L'orlei, she told herself again.

L'orlei
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

An Honest Merchant

Postby L'orlei on October 11th, 2014, 12:41 pm

The sailor stared down at the scroll curiously. L'orlei doubted that he knew anything about glyphing, especially from the look on his face. Most people knew next to nothing about magic of any kind, and when presented with an item of supposed magic nature they either met it with skepticism or awe.

"That thing? It's just a paper with some scribbles on it? How's that supposed to keep me from getting sick?"

"This scroll is imbued with the gift of healing. It will not prevent you from getting sick, but if you do get sick, simple hold the scroll and speak the words, Heal me, and it will heal you."

The man eyed the scroll, seeming unsure. L'orlei thought hard. How do I make him buy this? The scroll was not perfect, and it might not even work. She felt bad about lying.. but.. well, she really needed the mizas.

"Maybe I can give show you how the power works. Do you have any ailments? A headache? Any scrapes or bruises?"

"Well.. I did do a lot of drinking last night, and my head is throbbin something awful."

"Perfect! I can take care of that, and so could the scroll. Come here, let me heal you."

L'orlei
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)