Flashback Breathe.

[riyk]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Breathe.

Postby Ssafiracitlali on September 16th, 2014, 5:39 pm

Citlali couldn't boast of having much experience in the realm of verbal communication that didn't include graceful sibilance, but she was fairly certain the tone this child was taking with her was anything but grateful. Looking her over, she wondered if a Dhani child could look this foul if she was granted the ability to take human form at a young age.

It was not an amusing thought.

Ssafiracitlali's grasp of Myrian was small and included the basest words, and so she could not string together the meaning of what the child was snapping at her. The confusion etched itself briefly in the dark expanse of her woodland eyes before it was eased away by distaste at having to speak once more.

Her mouth opened to address the child but she stopped short. The jungle made a lot of noise, yet the Dhani had experienced it enough to recognise a sound that did not belong. For a moment, her lip curled, and she looked back at this child. There was threat lingering in the air, and the desire within Citlali's very limbs to coil around the girl and embrace her until she slept without hope of waking. A child-Myrian skull would have made a lovely gift.

"We see soon," she said, sounding the unfamiliar words out. A last look was cast over the child, assessing and cruel, before Citlali dragged her from her prone position and threw her out of the earthy den wrought by roots and ferns.

In the moments before enemies came upon her, Citlali had the time to reshape her form once again, donning the figure of a true serpent, before fleeing to that pool of water that the girl had taken a swim within.

It wasn't in her to let her scales be marked by swords.
Ssafiracitlali
mother of the basilisk.

Words: 31500
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2014, 1:34 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Breathe.

Postby Traverse on October 12th, 2014, 10:10 pm

Citlali

Skill XP Earned
Climbing 2 XP
Intimidation 2 XP
Observation 4 XP
Torture 2 XP
Unarmed Combat1 XP
Weapon: Branch1 XP

Lores Earned
Finding a Lone Myrian Child in the Wilderness
Having Sadistic Fun With Your Prey
Using the Guttural Foreing Language of the Myrians
Hiding From Too Many Myrians

Riyk

Hello Riyk if you return you will need to deduct the proper living expenses and change the format of your posts before I will release your grade. Your posts are readable, but the font is way way too big.

Additional Notes :
So Citlali I really enjoyed your PC's end of this thread, she was everything I imagine a strong female Constrictor to be and serve that Myrian child right for wandering out so far alone, I as the reader definitely felt this very satisfying feeling at seeing this classic trope of Myrian v Dhani play out here.

2 points I wanted to make for future threads is that 1: Dhani in human form appear just as humans with absolutely no differences. It says this only briefly in the Dhani lore and I think its the subject of much confusion as most Dhani would assume they have serpentine traits int heir human form, but they do not, just something to note for the future. The other thing was that you described Citlali's transformation extremely rapidly, while I certainly dont mind that being shortened (theres only so many ways to describe your shifting after all), the second case in which you did it was to return to your form before the Myrians came upon your PC and it takes 30 whole ticks for this to happen, which is quite a long time when you need to hide from Myrians, and wasn't super realistic for this thread.

A bummer this thread got cut short, it was a very enjoyable read.

Yes, I Bite.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous