PM to join [Lapis Park] Hungry, Hungry...Rhinos? (Adrien)

Aoren meets Adrien. Shenanigans ensue!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Lapis Park] Hungry, Hungry...Rhinos? (Adrien)

Postby Aoren on November 3rd, 2014, 2:06 am

89th of Fall, 514
Early Morning

Fall was drawing to a close. The crispness that clung to the early morning air serving as the preamble to winter. In his hand Aoren carried the quarterstaff that had accompanied him throughout the years. He still recalled the day he first acquired the staff. It was a memory filled with many bumps, bruises and hours of laughter. The surface of the wood had been made smooth from the countless hours spent practicing with it. There were notches in the wood where it had been met with the sharp edge of a blade. The time had come to retire his trusted quarterstaff to little more than a sturdy walking stick. The practical part of his mind told him that it would be better to simply use the staff as kindling but Aoren couldn’t bring himself to part with it. Too many memories were etched into the surface of the wood. Even if it never saw another skirmish Aoren intended to keep it around if only to help him maintain his balance.

Aoren walked the paths of Lapis Park. Compared to the rest of the carefully maintained areas of the city, Lapis Park was a sliver of wilderness amid the grandeur of a disciplined civilization. The curious balance between wild and beautiful was made all the more poignant to Aoren given the nature of the Akalak race itself. A hardened race of warriors they were also very attentive to other aspects of life. With pride in just about everything they did, it came as no surprise to Aoren that they would find a way to mesh that which was untamed with that which was structured and orderly.

What do you think is waiting for us at the end of this road, eh?” Aoren looked down at his side where padded Isikai. The large black canine seemed completely absorbed in sniffing about as much as he could. The wall of new scents tinged with the bitter frigidness of the oncoming winter was no doubt maddeningly curious to the dog. Isikai perked up briefly as Aoren spoke to him. The dog licked his nose quirking his head at Aoren for a moment before going back to his contented sniffing of the landscape. The Drykas man shook his head.

Thank you, Isikai. That was very insightful.” Aoren gently tap the dog on the side with the butt of his quarterstaff. The dog paid him no mind. He was about to see if he could find a way to distract the canine when suddenly Isikai perked up. The dog hunched over for a moment growling as he looked in the direction of a particularly tall section of grass. Emitting a low growl followed by a bark Isikai darted off in the direction of the grass in a dead sprint.

Hey! Isikai!” But the dog was intent on finding whatever it was that had captured his attention. Running a hand over his face Aoren shook his head. Something had gotten into Isikai lately. Truthfully though, Aoren couldn’t really blame him. They had spent a great deal of time confined to a ship over the course of their journey from Zeltiva. Isikai was probably just very, very excited to be back on land still. Taking a firm hold of his staff Aoren bounced up and down on the balls of his feet before taking off after the dog. He didn’t go at it at a sprint like Isikai but he picked up his running to a fast paced jog. Isikai was trained enough not to run too far away from him. Aoren kept his breathing even going in through the nose and out of his mouth at a measured rate.

As he came to the tall section of grass he brought himself to a stop just as Isikai darted inside. Pushing aside some of the grass with his staff Aoren began to wade into it. The grass came up to roughly Aoren’s mid-chest making it difficult to track Isikai.

Isikai! Come back here, boy!” Aoren’s only response was a very loud bark. Brushing aside more grass, most of it wilting and quite obviously dead or dying as winter had begun to settle in, Aoren made his way further off the main path of the wild park.
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Adrien Dair on November 3rd, 2014, 5:32 pm

The morning had come to quickly for Adrien. The Rhino had awoken as his goddess shined her blessed light onto him. He shook the sleepiness out of his head and rubbed his eyes. Stretching out with a yawn he looked around the room. "Blessed by Syna because she gives us the light to see the world" he said in a quick prayer of sorts. He turned his feet off of his bed, planting them firmly before pushing himself off of the bed. The suns light brushing against the mans naked body as he stretched again. The light warming his bare body, he smiled feeling the warm embrace of Syna against him. He walked over to where his clothes were laid out, dressing himself. He threw his bag over his shoulder and headed out.

Today he felt the need to be close to nature without going to the sea of grass. He was going to his favorite park in the entire city. Lapis park was marsh and tall grass, a haven for him when he just wanted to be in Syna's light and enjoy the fresh air. Though even at the park it was still dangerous to change, he enjoyed the idea of it. The freedom of being able to walk the city in what ever form he chose. But sadly it could not be. He understood the fear that people would have and he was not to keen on the idea of having to fight off multiple Akalaks in an attempt to leave the city. Plus his life here was nice. He had a job and a home. He was well fed, he could not really complain. He just wanted a little more freedom.

He shook the idle thoughts out of his mind as he stepped into the park. He walked along one of the trails. Taking in all the energy that Syna had to offer him. He had come to a stop, turning his head both ways to look around. He slid into a patch of tall grass and took a deep breath. It was odd, but hiding himself away from the city and just meditating and praying to Syna relaxed the man. He felt that during these times he was closest to Syna and that his prayers and thanks would reach his Goddess. Crossing his legs, he sat on the ground. Removing his bag he sat it next to him and closed his eyes. Taking a deep breath, and then exhaling. The man tried to center himself. Trying to block out the rest of the city and take in only what he wanted. The sound of the grass blowing in the breeze, the feeling of the suns rays on his exposed skin.

A vision appeared in the mans head, an open field with the sun shining down on it. He felt free in his mind, the one place where he could find true sanctuary. He was his rhino self. Strolling through the field and munching on the grass. He could feel his Goddess shining down on him. A smile spreading across both the Rhino in his mind and the man in the real world. He was at peace in his mind, his breathing steady. Then it vanished as a loud noise had disrupted the mans peace. He jumped forward, almost rolling over. Catching himself with his arm he turned to look what had made the noise. He was no longer alone in the bush, another had joined him. He stood there, one hand pressed flat against the ground. He blinked a few times at the creature. It was a black dog with rustic redish eyes. Adrien turned and sat down, now looking towards the dog. The smile spread across his face again. "Well hello there" he said.
Adrien Dair
Seeker of the unseen

Words: 94322
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2014, 12:36 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Aoren on November 3rd, 2014, 9:53 pm

Isikai meandered over to Adrien sniffing at the ground curiously. The canine padded up to the man sniffing at him before quirking his head to the side with his ears perked up. His tail swayed from side to side before he set his rump firmly on the ground and emit a loud bark. It wasn’t unfriendly but it did seem geared toward getting someone’s attention. The rustling of the grass that soon followed made the perfectly clear.

Aoren pushed aside the tall grass that was almost as dense as any forest. He followed the excited bark of his dog and in that he was somewhat relieved. At least he knew that Isikai hadn’t gotten himself into anything troublesome. When finally the last row of grass was parted Aoren was treated to the sight of Isikai seated just a few inches away from a crouching man. Aoren’s first thought was to wonder what exactly a man was doing by himself alone, hidden within the tall stalks of grass in the Lapis Park. As soon as that thought crossed his mind though he turned it on himself. The same could be said of him. He stepped away from the edge of the grass bringing his quarterstaff up to rest casually over a shoulder. He gave the man a friendly smile.

Uh, sorry. I hope he wasn’t bothering you.” Aoren pat his thigh. “Isikai.

The black dog came up on all fours casting Adrien a look before padding over to the Drykas man. Aoren rest a hand atop Isikai’s head gently rubbing one of the dog’s ears between his fingers. Happy at receiving the attention Isikai leaned into the touch prompting Aoren to shake his head.

I don’t know what to do with you sometimes, you know that right?” Oblivious to Aoren’s quandary the dog panted contentedly. It was then that Aoren more closely studied the man opposite of him. He took note of the grey green eyes, dirty blond hair and athletic build. It wasn’t surprising to him really, barely a person in Riverfall was unfit as far as he could see. It didn’t seem in keeping with the Akalak culture especially given their stance on citizenship. Aoren had yet to take his trial but the day was fast approaching when he would. He was taking steps to ready himself for that day. He intended to give his all because he had no intention of giving the Akalak a reason to cast him from the city.

You wouldn’t happen to know of a good spot to meditate would you? I’m trying to prepare myself for my trial. I like to clear my head before I practice my fighting techniques.” Never mind the fact that they were standing in a perfectly good place to practice meditation. Aoren wasn’t one to impose though he would be welcome to the company and if, god willing, he could find a good sparring partner he very well might make the most of that particular morning. As it stood he had simply gotten out the tavern that morning to do a little more exploring of the city to get a handle on its layout.
Aoren

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Adrien Dair on November 4th, 2014, 2:44 am

It was not long before the dog’s owner had joined the two. Adrien’s eyes looked up the mans body. He was not have someone he had seen this season. “He was not a problem. Just interrupted my meditation is all.” Adrien said. He looked down at the dog. “I assume he is yours” he said. Letting out the breath that he held in his stomach, he stood up. “I am Adrien and I guess. I come out here because it is the most secluded of the parks. At least for the fact that you can sit in the tall grass.” he said looking around. “Though… the bugs can be annoying. But being out here allows me to be closer to my goddess then in a church.” he said. He cracked his neck and sighed. “What is your name my friend?” he asked, reaching out his hand. If Aoren shook it he would pull it back and smile. “I do not think that I have ever seen you in the city. At least not that I can remember. Are you new here?” he asked. “You mentioned something about fighting techniques? Are you looking to do some training?” he asked.

He was wondering if today would turn out more productive than he had originally thought it would. The possibility of practicing fighting techniques with someone else excited to him. He was a long way from going through his citizenship test, but every little bit helped. The silence between the two lasted for only a few ticks before Adrien spoke up again. “If you would like. We could meditate here, together and then go and find a place to spar. If that is something you are okay with” he said. Not trying to invade in the man’s day. He was not one to force his way into someones life or their day. He would rather be asked to come along or to do something. Solitude was something the Rhino was used to. Whether it be working alone or studying. He was one to keep to himself unless someone spoke to him first.

Adrien’s eyes landed on the staff in the man’s hands. “Is that a walking stick? Or did it serve a greater purpose” he asked. He sat back down on the ground, crossing his legs and resting his hands on his knees. He looked up at the man. He stared at him for a few moment wondering if he would be able to read his body language enough to tell if he was lying or not. If the man did stay he would be able to try and read his aura. It would be good practice if not a bit rude. He wondered if he should ask the guy. But then again it was not something that was easily brought up. Not everyone shared his views on magic. Some more close minded people were afraid, they said that all magic was dangerous. Which held a bit of truth but not enough for the budding magecrafter to be afraid of. He wanted to learn all he could, even if it meant fighting through his fears. It would better himself in the long run and that was something he looked forward to.
Adrien Dair
Seeker of the unseen

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Aoren on November 5th, 2014, 4:37 am

This is Isikai.” Aoren pat him on the head giving the curious dog a smile. “He is my friend and companion. He has been for near a year now. I apologize for the interruption. He gets excited when he finds something new sometimes.

Taking Adrien’s hand Aoren shook it firmly. Adrien seemed an appropriate name for the man that stood in front of him. When he released Adrien’s hand the Drykas gave him a nod.

Call me Aoren. I am new to Riverfall. I have only been in the city for a few days. It is a bit of an adjustment compared to where I lived previously. A city of warriors. Quite a different place after living in a city of scholars for a good amount of time.” Aoren wondered to which goddess that Adrien sought to grow closer to. The blue eyed Drykas himself honored two goddesses. The first being the Lady of Seers, Avalis who had been with him the whole of his life. It was only now as he foraged out into the world exploring places he’d only ever heard of that he really began to turn to her for serious amounts of guidance. Safe though the walls of Syliras had been, they left him somewhat sheltered against the atrocities of the world. The second, as evidenced by the opalescent sigil covering the right half of his face, was Rak’keli. The Goddess of Healing was still a relatively new addition to Aoren’s personal pantheon. Nevertheless she was just as important.

Faith is a serious matter, friend. I apologize again for interrupting you. May I ask to who were you paying homage?” Aoren was always interested to learn about new deities. He knew of several having grown up in a highly religious society completely devoted to the reverence of a dead god, among others. He couldn’t say he worshipped many though. At Adrien’s prompting Aoren nodded once again.

Yes. I am a little out of practice when it comes to some of my hand to hand fighting. I was looking for a good place to hone my skills. I thought I might just go through the basic motions of my techniques and work from there.” Aoren appraised Adrien for a moment. “Do you have any experience in hand to hand combat?

The idea of finding a prospective sparring partner uplifted Aoren’s mood. The last sparring match that he had been in had been an exciting one. It wasn’t a common occurrence in Aoren’s daily routine but it was something he was seeking to make a regular habit of. He’d let slip his regiment of training for a good amount of time. He could almost hear the voice of his surrogate sister in the back of his mind nagging at him to get off of his lazy arse and get to training. A lopsided smile touched his lips and he shook his head. His question was soon answered simply by Adrien’s offer to which the green-grey eyed man received an eager nod.

I am not opposed to that at all!” Isikai padded forward again making his way over to Adrien. The dog sniffed at one of the blonde’s knees before nudging a hand with his nose. Aoren looked at his quarterstaff. He was silent for a few ticks. His gaze was completely focused on the notches of the staff, the smooth surface and the barest hint of swirl to the wood. A sentimental smile spread across his face. It was gentle, filled with the fondness of many memories.

It was the staff of a warrior once. Now it serves to stand as a reminder of the journey he has made. It keeps him company these days. The day has come however where this staff no longer sees battle.” It was perhaps a more artful answer than was necessary but Aoren couldn’t help himself. The roads he had walked with his quarterstaff had been many. He could still recall the days when he had been trying to block rocks pelted at him in a training yard as he grasped the basics of handling it. He joined Adrien in sitting cross-legged upon the grass.

Have you done much meditating in your time?” Aoren only asked because it was one of the few things he considered himself fairly practiced in. He hadn’t met a lot of people who took the time out of their day to devote the effort to meditation. These days he meditated in an effort to prepare himself for the use of his magic. Lately it had centered around his efforts to understand the depths of Auristics and Hypnotism. He awaited Adrien’s answer, meanwhile Isikai made his way back over to Aoren after receiving what attention he might have wanted from Adrien. The dog lay his head in Aoren’s lap prompting him to card his fingers through the dark fur.
Aoren

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Adrien Dair on November 5th, 2014, 7:36 am

"Isikai? That is an interesting name" Adrien said looking down at the dog. He nodded when Aoren mentioned his dog being excited when he found something new. "I can relate. I get pretty excited when I can learn something new. Its not a bad trait to have" he said. Shaking the mans hand and returning his nod with a smile. "Welcome to Riverfall Aoren. It's a nice place once you get used to it. A city of warriors is an interesting way to put it. But I have had no trouble with the Akalaks." He shrugged and then said "city of scholars? Tell me more." A rather excited look on his face as he waited for Aoren to explain this city he spoke of. "Is there a big library there? A research lab open to the public?" he asked.

"Faith is a serious matter indeed. For it is the Gods who guide our paths everyday" Adrien said. "Ah. Do not worry about it to much. I had barely even begun" he offered a smile as a sign of reassurance. "I was praying to Syna, Goddess of the sun, joy and energy. She fills me with what I need to make it through the day" he nodded. "I enjoy feeling her rays upon my skin" he added. "What about you? Who is it that you worship?"

He listened to his words about going through techniques. "I know a little. Basic stuff really, reading and watching the Akalaks mostly. I have not had a true reason to use it, nor a partner to really practice with. But I really only fight to defend myself and what I hold dear" he said. The Rhino was not really one who was for unneeded aggression. "I feel that you can talk a lot of things out before needing to involve fist. But of course sometimes there is truly nothing else one can do." He smiled when Isikai nudged his hand. He ran his hand down the back of the dogs neck a few times. Rubbing down the fur. "I am really interested in wrestling. Using ones weight and strength to take down an opponent seems like something I could do. I have seen a couple of Akalaks training in it. But was to busy to sit and watch. Are there any styles you are really interested in?"

He took in the mans tale of the staff. It was poetic in a sad yet prideful way. "Ah. That was a very poetic story. I have yet to really take to a weapon. Though it is not something I am against, I just have not found something that... suits me?" he said with a shrug. The man now sitting across from him the same way Adrien was. "I have done very little. It is hard to find time to actually meditate in the city when you have to work and make money. But I try to at least one every few days. If not for long, anything is better then nothing" he said. "I am no expert of course, but I feel that being able to relax just a little bit is good for my body and soul. Being out where Syna's touch can reach me helps me to" he nodded. He took in a deep breath through his nose and then released it slowly through his mouth. " I am still trying to get the proper breathing techniques down. I read a book about some at the library, but was in a rush so I could not memorize them" he shrugged and looked back up at Aoren. "What about you? Do you often find the time to be at peace with yourself?" he asked.
Adrien Dair
Seeker of the unseen

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Aoren on November 6th, 2014, 3:05 am

Adrien’s exuberance was met with an amused chuckle. Aoren was a little taken aback by the eagerness with which the other man prodded. Nevertheless he didn’t really mind the questions.

Zeltiva, home to the University. There stands the Wright Memorial Library. As I understand it the library is one of the largest and most extensive in the world. While I was there it felt like I was surrounded by the answers to every question ever asked. I don’t think you could have read all of the books there if you stayed there for a hundred years.” It really was quite baffling when he thought about it. While he had been in Zeltiva he had been very focused on his studies to the exclusion of a number of things. He had forgotten to simply sit back and take a look at just how much was there. However, he felt his time in Zeltiva was over. He did not see himself returning to the city for a great many years to come. That was of course unless the whims of fate had other plans in mind.

It was interesting to hear Adrien’s view on the matter of fighting. He could respect a man who sought peace through acts of non-violence as opposed to settling matters with his fists. He quirked his head threading his fingers through Isikai’s fur as he listened.

I know a little bit about wrestling. Not much. Just enough to grapple with someone for a few moments.” He chuckled shaking his head. He really couldn’t quite recall where he had learned what little bit about wrestling that he knew. It had likely taken place at some point in his adolescent years when he was first getting introduced to fighting with his body versus a weapon.

I tend to use a very upright style of fighting. It usually involves blending strength and precision with a focus on speed and flexibility. I haven’t quite come up with a name for it yet. It’s just something that I have spent years working on.” Aoren shrugged his shoulders. He had begun his journey of perfecting his combat style several summers ago. The first sparring matching he’d tried to implement some of his improvised techniques had gone quite well. The manner in which Aoren fought was inspired by air currents and the strength of a terrible storm. To that end it tended to be a bit more graceful than what one would find in a rudimentary brawl.

I chose the quarterstaff because it is a weapon that is used more for defense than offense. Even if it comes to blows I do what I can to limit the pain I might inflict upon others.” Aoren was not against fighting. He was a man who had been forced to defend himself and others a number of times in his life.

I have a great deal of experience in the way of meditation, actually. It was something that I was encouraged to do as a child as a means of helping me clear my head.” He reached up tapping his forehead. “It can get a little crowded in here sometimes. Meditation served me well in Zeltiva. It was often how I calmed my nerves as I prepared for classes with my professor.
Aoren

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Adrien Dair on November 6th, 2014, 3:32 am

Adriens eyes light up at the mention of the library and university. "A hundred years? You can not be serious. Imagine what history and knowledge lies in those books. Hidden in the pages waiting for someone to come along an snatch it for themselves. Imagine the good that can be brought out with it. The medicines that could be made and the progress!" he started to go on a rampage before he cleared his throat. One hand balled up into a fist to cover his mouth. "I mean. That is interesting. Did you take classes at the University? What did they teach you?" he asked. "I can not even fathom all there is to learn in the world. But Zeltiva sounds like a wondrous place." he nodded. The man drifted slightly into his own little world. The idea of being surrounded by books and knowledge. Reading through page after page, when a voice echoed through his ear. Someone trying to point something out. He tried to looked around but everything vanished as Aoren spoke again.

Adrien looked up at him, trying to catch what he was saying. "Well you know more then I. It is something I have not even begun to learn" he said. He listened to the man describe his fighting style and nodded. "Sounds like a form of boxing. Or at least has some of the elements of it. From what I've read" he said. He shrugged. The man was still at the basics of everything he did. Fighting, building or anything else. He was far from being the master. "I have yet to pick up a weapon. I have some pretty interesting swords in the market and designs in some books. But I have not taken it up. I have very little to protect that would require a blade. A lot I can do myself" he shrugged. Realizing that Aoren would probably atone what he meant to fighting, when he really just meant from the brute force of his other form. There were very few people who would mess with a rhino. Much less go after something that a rhino was guarding. Granted he had a new life now. The Sanctuary and the people there were something he wanted to protect. If not for himself, for Kavala the one who gave him a shot in the first place.

"Shall we meditate together? Oh and you did not answer my questions about your gods" he said with a smile. The man cracking his knuckles. "You do not have to if it is something you are uncomfortable with. I understand that for some religion can be a personal topic" he said. A slight chuckle, it was true in a way. But Adrien just found it extremely pointless. One should never feel ashamed for those they prayed to. If anyone had a problem with it. The faithful would be guided and protected by the ones the prayed to. Or at least that was how the rhino thought of it. But it was different for everyone. People thought about things differently and even each race had its own opinion of the gods. It was normally better for him to keep it to himself. He took in a deep breath through his nose and then released through his mouth again. "Would you care to teach me some proper styles of meditation? Maybe they will help me get closer to my Goddess" he smiled.
Adrien Dair
Seeker of the unseen

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Aoren on November 9th, 2014, 2:16 pm

I don’t have to imagine it. I saw it. Not all of it but I have an idea of what can be found there.” Aoren had walked away from Zeltiva a more learned man than when he had arrived. There was no doubt about that. He still couldn’t say that he was knowledgeable. There were mountains of knowledge that he still had no idea about and though he wasn’t quite as enamored with it as Adrien seemed he was no less enthusiastic about learning. He chuckled quirking his head to the side as he carded his fingers through Isikai’s fur.

Don’t feel bad. It’s good that you have such a passion for learning. Never lose that and never apologize for it.” He considered Adrien’s question for a moment. His experiences in Zeltiva had made him far more cautious about who he revealed his abilities as a wizard to. The breakouts at the Scholar’s Asylum, the hunt for a murderer of mages, all of it had left a bad taste in his mouth but it had also made him a little wiser.

I studied the nature of the world. The University taught me how to see the world a little differently. I wouldn’t say that is a good thing or a bad thing. I just appreciate knowing what I didn’t know before.” It was a vague answer. Aoren knew that and anyone with a strong intuition would be able to tell that he was hiding something. It wasn’t a lie though. The study of Djed and the numerous disciplines through which it could be manipulated was, on a fundamental level, studying the very nature of the world and everything in it. Djed was itself a library of information waiting to be explored and as he had learned it was only through delving into that repository of knowledge in more abstract way could its secrets be uncovered. At Adrien’s humble admission Aoren could only chuckle.

Oh, I’m no master of fighting either. Now that you mention it I think it does sound a lot like boxing. I haven’t really ever had the privilege of going up against a boxer myself.” Weapons were not an area where Aoren could consider himself an expert either. His area of expertise was with a quarterstaff. He had fought with one most of his life and he didn’t see that changing any time soon. Since his arrival in Riverfall however he had begun to try and branch out. If studying abroad had taught him anything it was that nothing could be gained by remain too rigid. All problems should be approached from various angles so that the best solution could be found.

Not every problem can be solved by a show of force. I am most comfortable with the quarterstaff. I am learning how to fight with daggers and a sword as well though. It’s a work in progress.” He shook his head. He had a long ways to go before he would be able to face down anyone with those weapons. He hoped that he wouldn’t have to but something was lingering on the horizon. He could feel it. At Adrien’s question Aoren nodded.

I wouldn’t mind that. If you like I might be able to offer some guidance to help you get better situated.” At the mention of his worship habits Aoren blinked at Adrien. The question had slipped his mind if he were being entirely honest. He had gotten caught up in explaining about the wonders of Zeltiva he skimmed over it. Aoren gave the man an apologetic smile reaching up to rub at the back of his head.

Ah. No, it’s fine. I don’t mind talking about the gods at all.” With his right hand he pointed to the opalescent gnosis mark that shone upon the right side of his face. At the same time the Seer’s Lily shimmered beautifully upon the back of that same hand. Both marks drew attention in that they caught the light displaying an almost lively quality. There was no mistaking that these two marks were most definitely not tattoos of some sort. They were the touch of gods.

The Lily is a gift from the goddess Avalis. She has walked with me all my life. I have never known a moment in this life without her. Her blessing grants me a glimpse of things that were.” He pointed to the sigil covering the right side of his face.

This is the mark of Rak’keli, goddess of Healers. Her blessing aids me in tending to the sick and injured.” Aoren held in his heart a desire to grow closer to both goddesses if they deemed him worthy. Time would tell though if such a blessing ever visited his life again. He lowered his hand into his lap giving Adrien a nod.

Meditation can help you focus. It can help calm your mind. If you feel it will help you grow closer to your goddess then it will. If you are ready?” He lowered his gaze to observe Isikai. The dog was quite happy to continue to receive the attention Aoren continued to give him. He had closed his eyes and was breathing steadily almost as if he were dozing.
Aoren

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Adrien Dair on November 11th, 2014, 10:25 pm

Adriens eyes widened as Aoren spoke about being in the university. The thoughts at all the things he could learn there raced through his mind. Potions and healing and books about the gods filled the rhinos heart with happiness. He smiled at Aorens praise of his passion for learning and nodded. "To seek knowledge is to better ones self." he said. He studied the mans face as he gave his vague answer. "You studied the nature of the world? Which nature do you mean? The actual nature that we all live in? The nature of the animals and the food chain? The nature of the races of the world and how we interact?" he asked, more investigating then just curiosity.

He shook his head and smiled. "It is okay if you do not wish to tell me what exactly you studied" he said. "But I do understand your appreciation of knowing what you did not. I wish more people looked to gain knowledge rather then wealth" he sighed. He shook his head and then looked back at the man with a smile. "I can not even call myself a novice. I know next to nothing about it. I only throw my weight around if I am caught in a fight" he said with a shrug. Though it was more common for him to fight in his animal form in the sea of grass then it was his human. He would not let Aoren know that. "I only know of what I have seen from the Akalaks and read in the library. Boxing, as I understand it, is suppose to be about moving quick and striking quick."

"I have never picked up a true weapon before" he admitted simply. It was not something he was embarrassed of. It was just a fact, his interest in fighting had never really grown farther then learning how to defend himself. Until after his lessons with the Akalak and Kavala. His spark to defend others had only began to really burn this season. His entire life style was changing if he was ready for it or not. "Ah! Yes, I would love to be guided in meditation" he said. Nodding his head enthusiastically.

He stared at the marks of the gods. A blank look on his face as he took in the image of them. Matching them while Aoren began to explain them. "You have been touched by the gods that you follow" he said. His voice filled with shock and awe. A slight hint of jealousy mixed in with them. "I have not yet been blessed by Syna. Though I walk in her light with all my heart." he said almost sounding down trotted. "But it is all right. Even if I go my whole life without her blessing. I will still have lived for the one that I worship" he smiled.

"I am ready" he said with a nod as he began to try and match Aoren's steady breathing. His eyes closing as he once again heard the wind blow the tall grass. Feeling his goddess' energy shining down on the both of them. The man took in a deep breath through his nose and exhaled through his mouth.
Adrien Dair
Seeker of the unseen

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Next