[Outside Zeltiva] The Cat Comes out to Play

Saraphina and Enthere, Altaira comes across a camp as she attempts to familiarise herself with the region.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Altaira Readva on November 6th, 2014, 1:41 am

Bird Speak | Common | Vani | Others
38th Autumn, 514AV
She'd had a difficult time in the deciding of what manner of walk she'd take for her first venture - to take to the skies or two feet?

The decision came from what she heard in whispers, the warnings passed as some set brief sight on her. 'Indecent Exposure,' is what it was called. And apparently - it was a crime of some weight in Zeltiva. Altaira's mind was filled with thought and worry, the needing to assimilate to a new city so hard and fast, though not nearly as difficult as what came from the stone cage of Syliras, weighing heavily on her mind, even more since it'd be another passing of Leth's cycle and half again before her goods and equipment would reach the city.

She'd had to make quick work in the purchasing of makeshift gear, a pair of light shoes and the same plain cotton dress, the Autumn breeze cutting straight through her thin clothes, though her curious drive and winter birth leaving her more tolerant of the slow plunge in temperature than others.

"If need be," she said, her accent still thick as she took little care in the refining of the sparse and blunt common tongue, "I can always take to the skies and put my clothing in a keep safe."

Her words were quick and quiet, and quite obviously to herself, the road that she'd been travelling on till then finally thinning in the amount of traffic that crossed and travelled. Nothing was all that familiar - or at least not in the ways of flower or tree or shrub that was to the forests she'd lived in for a near season. She knew that there would be the common plants still alive and well, their presence in Sylira widespread and avid in use, but it was the core composition that was different, it was that which struck her.

In her journey to Syliras from Avanthal, the change was much expected. As she watched the ice melt away, spots of greenery quickly took its place. The journey to Zeltiva was far stranger, there was a far more subtle change that she watched - the loss of coastal plants and then their gain, the thickening of woods and forests and their eventual thinning, how deep and worn some paths seemed, and how light and rarely trodden were others. Even the tales of men and women changed- the nights she chose to rest were too often above the encampment of some caravan, their tales varying from excitement to the city ahead, to the dangers they’d soon face in the morrow, before the sweet ocean breezes had them once more lust for the site of Zeltiva.

The thunder of hoof and heel thundered close ahead ripped her from her reverie, the kelvic finally deciding that it was time to slip off the road and make for the lands surrounding the confines of what she assumed to be the border between city and wilderness – there was so little difference, it seemed.

As the sounds of movement quite quickly faded, and the breeze blew through her, instinct took over in a near violent surge, the hair on the back of her neck prickling as she listened to the bird's chatter that erupted over head. It was different once more, she noted, more sea birds little things she knew not of, with even fewer of her own kind present, from what she could tell, at least.

She clicked her tongue and whistled, the closest she could get to bird speak in her human form, as she called for kin and further talk, the land that surrounded her fiercely new and unexplored, the woman fighting the urge to strip her base clothing and take a safer perch in the trees above.

A sharp cry from the darting birds above set her on full alarm, her stance immediate taking point as she put both her ears piercing gaze to work, half scanning for a predator as she deciphered the conversation above, with little of the folk above all too close in relation to her own.

Chimes passed, and no harm came, the conversation above continued on as though there had been no interruption, and Altaira continued her walk with quickened breath and a more formidable gait to her walk. So cautious, was she, that when a familiar scent hit her nose, her body shudder and her gaze was severe, entire form harsh as her frazzled mind centred itself in the seeking for the plant whose scent assaulted her own senses.

‘Tolm.’

A breath of relief rushed from her lungs, the sight of the withering plant – likely in preparation for overwintering, she thought – confirming her short suspicion. In a moment more, her back was straightened and gaze wondering, keenly listening to the song and flurry of whistles and screams above before she deemed it safe enough to give more attention to the plant below.

A short further inspection proved ever more that she was correct, it was indeed the same tolm that she’d sought and used so often in the store of Syliras, the only thing that she felt had changed being the location in which it was found, the slight change in temperature and severity of winter likely the cause – or at least, that seemed like the thing that Mistress Sahfri would had told her. ‘I should have listened more.’

Another sound brought her from her thoughts, and the kelvic stood shock still as her golden gaze saw all that a bird’s eye could see, though hindered by the thickness of the undergrowth it was. “Friend or foe?” she asked, light and whimsical, unsure herself if she was speaking to who walked on feet or something far less reasonable in her situation, relaxing her stance as she prepared to for all the possibilities that could soon unfold.

“I’ve no coin, if that is what is wanted.” The statement rung out with all her venom and spite, the woman still quite unsure as to what or who in Gods Name’s she was dealing with.

oocDefinitely not my best, hope it still suffices!
Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Words: 279063
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2013, 6:39 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Saraphina Skyglow on November 11th, 2014, 2:21 am

Saraphina Skyglow

T he chill in the air was growing stronger with each passing day. Saraphina felt the effects and knew she'd need to buy some warmer, winter clothing soon. But for now, she enjoyed the crispness of the mountains. Stretching out her arms above her head, the Tiger Kelvic took in the morning light with a smile of peace on her lips. The autumn season was in full swing. Leaves were turned a plethora of colors. Reds, gold's, browns and some greens...it was a beautiful sight. Saraphina almost wished that the turning season could remain so the lovely shades would be around to view for longer. But Morwen's hand was drawing closer and the Kelvic welcomed the familiarity. Re-securing her tent, she walked over to her Bloodbane mount tethered nearby. Patting Abaccus on the withers, she pulled out a grooming brush and ran the stiff bristles over the dark sorrels coat. Dead fur and dirt rose to the surface and was flicked away to the ground. Her temperamental horse didn't seem to mind the attention, whiffing softly and nibbling at crisp blades of near dead grass. Clucking her tongue a bit, she finished brushing down Abaccus and pulled out some horse feed. Pouring a fair portion onto the ground, she chuckled as her horse greedily munched away at the new target.

S atisfied with her morning session, she slung her backpack over her shoulders and walked towards the fire pit area. Enthere's tent sat peaceful and quiet, she wondered briefly where her friend had wandered off to. Looking around the area, she bent down near a patch of dirt. A footprint was there, one she was fairly certain belonged to her wayward Kelvic companion. Was Enthere out hunting then? Maybe Saraphina shouldn't try to find her. But the red head was somewhat craving the company of another right now, her tongue itched for conversation. So she kept walking out into the wildlands, eyes peeled for more signs of the Cougar Kelvics trail. Passing by large birch trees and low shrub bushes, Saraphina found herself moving into an area she didn't recognize well. While she wasn't really worried about any predators bothering her, there was a small concern about getting turned around and losing her way. Walking over to a nearby tree, Saraphina peeled off some of the pale bark. The papery material was flexible and easy to work with. Picking a low hanging branch, she tied the bark around the limb. In this way, it would act like a marker so she could find her way back if she wandered to far. As she moved further, she would pause every hundred yards or so and repeat the marker system on random trees, making a visible trail back to familiar territory.

S araphina wasn't really trying to be stealthy in her walk. But as a predator and a Kelvic, her movements were naturally more graceful and fluent than any human. So when a nervous, female voice she didn't recognize called out, she froze in her tracks. Narrowing her golden eyes in the direction of the call, she debated of whether to responded or not. Travelers in the wilds were not common, usually only hunters or guides braved the untamed lands. So for an unfamiliar women to be moving about....that was interesting. Rolling her neck and flexing her fingers a bit, Saraphina moved towards the voice, speaking in a calm tone as she approached, "I have not interest in coin, I have my own. And friend I could be....provided you intend me no harm." Saraphina moved closer, though she kept the majority of her body behind a nearby tree. Getting shot by an arrow didn't sound like fun and she didn't know if the female she was approaching was armed or not. Now able to see Altaira, Saraphina gave the dark haired women a polite nod, "Most don't leave the safety of the city to explore the wilds. I apologise if I startled you, I was actual searching for a friend of mine. Have you seen her by chance, her name is Enthere. She has dark hair like yours and grey eyes. I am Saraphina....who might you be?"

Last edited by Saraphina Skyglow on November 16th, 2014, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saraphina Skyglow
No chains will ever hold me

Words: 234308
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2014, 11:59 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Altaira Readva on November 14th, 2014, 1:38 am

Bird Speak | Common | Vani | Others
38th Autumn, 514AV
Red of hair and sharp in gaze, height near hers and words fine spoken- this was the woman that Altaira was soon faced with, the so called possible 'friend' taking swift refuge behind the number of tree that spread the region far and wide. 'If she is a friend, then why does she hide?'

Altaira cocked her head at the woman, narrowing amber eyes before relaxing them, attempting a better look at what manner of being she conversed with without triggering alarm, though she herself could not help the cautious stance she took. Such were the lives of kelvics who were more often the prey than predator - those of quick wit and practised caution, sharp looks and snap evaluation.

The disclaimer of coin had her satisfied enough, the vanity and greed of men never quite sitting right with her, though she felt a shadow of distrust as she considered the chances of the woman merely seeking to deceive.

It was then that a note was made about the searching of a dear friend, and the way the birds chattered and carried on above allowed her to drop the majority of her guard, ears still keen and eyes sharp and watched for an attack. "I've seen no one," she began, rolling her shoulders and sending a cursory glance above, before clicking her tongue and whistling - it was the closest she could get to bird speak with her human tongue - before dropping her gaze back to the so called Saraphina.

"These birds are useless," there was a tone of play and jest to her broken words, the way the kelvic woman then rolling her eyes at those above, not bothering in the slightest to hide her general annoyance at them. When in human form, they language of the birds gave many aids, though none was given when those above were too wound up in their autumn affairs. The Goddess-Queen Morwen would soon walk the world once more, and it seemed that every bird and its favourite twig was in rushed preparation. "I've come from the road, I've not seen or heard her- the birds seem to care more for Lady Morwen's arrival than those who walk below."

As the words left her lips, she could scarcely help the way her jaw worked and the sinking and rising of her gaze. The last time she'd someone in the woods, their placement as a knight left little worry to character. She knew his prejudices and beliefs in an instant. She knew nothing more than the woman's name, and Altaira herself had not given her own. Fair is fair, name and purpose was given, and so she would follow suit.

"My name is Altaira, and I mean no harm," She pressed her lips and rolled her shoulders. "I was wanting to familiarise myself with the region before Morwen walked- I was a herbalist once, and I may be again."

'And I must know if a vile rot has infected the woods.'
Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Enthere on November 14th, 2014, 3:16 pm

The night called her out. It's wild tug was too loud to ignore, and the knowledge that the woods would soon be much harsher made the sounds of the night intensified. Enthere slipped out of her bedroll, tugging on every piece of clothing she had-she disliked the confinement of it, but she wanted to test her human form of the cold. The moonlight filtering through the thick canvas of her tent was just enough to see by, and Enthere also tucked her small medallion around her neck for...luck, perhaps.

Her boots crunched on crispy brown grass, crinkling autumns fallen leaves. The forest was bare in the light of day, but the shadows that wreathed it in the night provided similar cover as leaves. Enthere let herself roam, hiking up towards the peaks of the mountains, then back down their trails. She didn't climb the true mountains, no, she only traversed the foot hills around Zeltiva. She strayed from the familiar areas, trusting her instincts to lead her home. Though in truth she wouldn't mind getting lost for a day, it would be a good excuse to continue her wandering.

Alas, she did not get lost, and made her way back towards the familiarity of the camp around dawn. She passed by it though, she was loathe to leave the dapple brown-orange of the deep forest. She was lost among the trees and her thoughts, so much so that Enthere was greatly surprised when she stumbled on the pair of Kelvics also in the forest, one familiar one not so.

She heard their voices first, both with the tone of inquiry. Enthere moved closer carefully, she slipped easily from tree to tree, shadow to shadow, until she recognized the familiar tones of Saraphina. Enthere relaxed some, but paused in the shadows, uncertain on whether she should intrude or not until the red haired Kelvic voiced her reasons for being out. Though instead of revealing herself she remained hidden shyly, turning her attention to the stranger.

The stranger had a keen appearance to her; she seemed more aware of the forest than most. Though her bird chatter was quite peculiar, but she wasn't at all threatening. Actually, Enthere thought there was something quite likeable about her. It wasn't until Altaira mentioned that she was a healer, though, that all doubts fell away and intense curiosity replaced it.

Enthere walked out of the trees with a rustling of leaves. She stood awkwardly, "Hello," she said, not addressing anyone in particular. The Kelvic wanted to say more, she wanted to say she was quite interested in plants, and that she was just roaming about, but the words were lead on her tongue. She found herself sliding into silence as she often did.

Enthere's speech
Others' speech
Enthere
Surviving. Fighting. Healing. Freeing.

Words: 56259
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2014, 4:32 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Saraphina Skyglow on November 16th, 2014, 6:55 pm

Saraphina Skyglow

N ow that she had a better view of the forest wanderer, Saraphina had to tilt her head in a bit of interest. She was mildly amused when the dark haired women mimicked the gesture. The odd whistling and chirping that Altaria aimed at the sky peeked her curiosity even more and the Kelvic found her feet moveing nearly without her constant, bringing her out of the foliage. Stopping about 6 feet away from the bronze skinned girl and studied her closer. Curling dark blackish-brown hair flowed around her shoulders. But what really caught Saraphina's gaze was the golden-amber eyes Altaria turned on her. Eyes so similar to her own feline orbs, animalist and wild. Kelvic eyes. Feeling a smile pull on her lips, Saraphina inclined her head in a friendly gesture, "I look forward to Queen Morwan's touch on the world as much as the birds do. It reminds me of my Avanthal homeland. Its nice to meet you Altaria."

T he subtle crunching of dead leaves underfoot made Saraphina pause and tilt her head to the side. The source of the noise was relived shortly as her wayward companion Enthere. The red head Kelvic smiled brightly at the Cougar, waving happily at having found her. Or at Enthere finding them. Either worked, she was just glad to have located her friend, "Hello Enthere, I was looking for you. I thought we could explore a bit of new territory or something. This is Altaria....a healer I suppose." Saraphina looked back at Altaria with a questioning look, shrugging lightly. She didn't particularly care if Altaria confirmed the assumption or not, she was just trying to make conversation.

M oving around Altaria, Saraphina came to stand by Enthere. She could sense that her friends limited social interaction were surfacing and hoped that by being near someone she trusted, maybe the Cougar shifter would open up a bit more. Saraphina hadn't yet come across a Kelvic she hadn't felt a connection with, so she hoped that Altaria would be another she could come to call friend....in time. Glancing up at the birds in the canopy, she decided to be the head of the conversation, "Before, you sounded like you were talking with the birds, communicating with them. Is your animal form a bird as well?" Saraphina felt little need to curb her questions or curiosity from Altaria. With Enthere at her side, they could easy deal with any trouble.

Last edited by Saraphina Skyglow on November 30th, 2014, 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saraphina Skyglow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Altaira Readva on November 26th, 2014, 1:25 am

Altaira's head hitched and tilted at the words that left her fellow's lips.

'Another born of ice and snow.'

Her own gold gaze bore into the woman's, and it was not until the birds gave sharp trills with surprise above, and the sound of leaving shattering underfoot were heard, that the kelvic tensed and met the sight of yet another, silent scolding of lowered guard bearing heavily on her mind.

If she were to be honest, it was the newcomer that she found to be the least threatening of the two - there was no intention to the way she stood, not from what Altaira could observe. She did not stand like a Knight she'd met in the woods, or someone dignified and moving with indomitable intention. There was also the meek of the words she spoke- Enthere, unlike her apparent dear friend Saraphina, did not speak with conviction. It was a shy mere word and careful look. It reminded her of sweet Millicent.

When words passed of Altaira apparently being a healer, it was with a slight tilt of her head and a light roll of her shoulders that passed. Though she was marked by death herself, she liked to think herself as one who helped those whose time it wasn't remain healthy. That, however, did not change the fact that the greater reason for her trade was the mere fact that old habits die hard - those raised in Whitevine can never shake the healer's trade, so it seemed.

"It is a pleasure, Enthere," her words were warm and well meant, the two women before her obviously sharing a bond not unlike any she herself had shared before, and she quite quickly found herself to be a third wing of sorts. She was quite on the brink of excusing herself when further words was pressed to her nature, and her gaze sored to the trees above as she considered her words and wits.

"Aye," she said, a bubble of laughter leaving her lips, the near predatory gaze and careful lurking of Saraphina prior reminding her of just how weak she often seemed compared to those of her kin with sharp talon or claw. "I'm a parrot, frightfully unimpressive, no?" She smiled slightly at her own play and game, by that point resigning herself to her fate. Neither of the two before her seemed like man eaters, and otherwise genuine in their questions and intent. If there was harm to come from her, the kelvic felt that it would be another source entirely that brought it.

"And it was less communication as..." she struggled for the right phrasing, "helping the conversation move to a more helpful topic. I am limited in form. Much the same for you, no?" She gave a light nod to the two women, in particular referring to neither.

"I know not the forms you take, but surely you yourselves know the limits of foot and hand?"
Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Saraphina Skyglow on November 30th, 2014, 6:28 pm

Saraphina Skyglow

E nthere seemed content to stand back and observe. Not unusual for her friend, the Cougar Kelvic had a far tougher time trusting and speaking to people than Saraphina. It was the curiosity....the drive and need to explore and gain knowledge that made the ginger so much more open. Often it got her into trouble, but such was life. Chuckling a bit with Altaira, the Tiger shifter moved forward with non threating steps. Her body language, spoken and read so loudly among those that could understand it, was friendly and curious. No hostile scent could be detected in the air, "Morwen gifts all of us, large and small...predator or prey. To fly is something I've always though would be a joy unlike any other. Sadly...my true form is that of the great Northern Tiger of Avanthal. Strong and fierce in itself, but I certainly cannot dance among the clouds as I'm sure you can. The felines of the world are far more independent then many birds. Often they chose not to speak to me....or simple ignore my words. Such is our haughtiness." Saraphina gave the dark haired Kelvic a wicked grin, relaxing more and glanced above them at the chitterling birds. Rolling her shoulders lightly, the red head offer her hand to Altaira for a shake.

S araphina looked down at the plant Altaria was standing by. She knew from her time spent with Enthere that many of the foliage she offer walked by or ignored was useful for healing or medicines, but she had little interest in learning of it. Still, it might make for interesting conversation with the Parrot Kelvic. Pointing down at the plant in question, she tilted her head at Altaria, "You were looking at that when I first approached. Is it useful in some way or poisonous? And what brings you to Zeltiva? Where did you come from....another city or are you just passing through?" Saraphina had only ever met Enthere and Lavine as other Kelvics and only spent a large amount of time with the former. So she was interested in Altaria's travels. Maybe the feathered shifter could tell her stories of Syliras or other far off places. She grinned a sharp fanged smile at the dark haired women, bouncing lightly on her toes in contained excitement.

OOCKinda short sorry. :P Northern Tiger refers to a Siberian Tiger.

Last edited by Saraphina Skyglow on November 30th, 2014, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saraphina Skyglow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Enthere on November 30th, 2014, 10:20 pm

Enthere pressed her hands against her thighs, strangely nervous. What she felt was more than her normal reserve against strangers. There was something about the way Altaira had invaded her forest; Enthere wanted to despise her for her intrusion, but the facts that she was both Kelvic and healer made her like the woman. Healing was special cause for the cougar Kelvic to trust her; Enthere had never met a healer she did not respect. Though, she had met Kelvics she had no love for, in her time, and among her travels. Even as the conversation progressed, she felt more and more muddled. She couldn't quite come to terms with the knowledge that her first instincts were to trust this kelvic when naturally she should scorn her for invading her territory-not her and Saraphina's camp, but the forest itself. Enthere was simply unprepared to deal with something so...unexpected.

Altaira seemed to get along fine with Saraphina, though. The two were engaged in a trade of curious inquiries, to which Enthere listened quietly, keeping her unwavering gaze firmly on Altaira, trying to determine if she was actually untrustworthy. Enthere gave a nod when Altaira acknowledged her, and quietly stating her hidden form. "My woodland form is a cougar, its shape is certainly not as free as that of a great bird." Truly, Enthere was impressed by the traveler's animal form; parrots were both magnificently beautiful and, she had heard, incredibly versatile, with feet that could work much like human hands.

Enthere was delighted when Saraphina resurfaced the topic of healing. Her face was, naturally, stoic, but her eyes shone with the light of intense interest. The Kelvic was not entirely familiar with the plants in and around Zeltiva, being much more familiar with those native to the area around Ravok, but the herbs of the two areas were not so different. The cougar's eyes left Altaira for a few moments as she tried to guess at the properties of the aforementioned plant. She silently wondered if Altaira had done the same.

OOC :
Mine is short to, trying to catch up (I've been out of town). Please excuse its slight hastiness.

Enthere's speech
Others' speech
Enthere
Surviving. Fighting. Healing. Freeing.

Words: 56259
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2014, 4:32 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Altaira Readva on December 4th, 2014, 5:40 am

Morwen. Morwen. Morwen.

The Goddess-Queen of Avanthal had never left the kelvic's heart, though she had long since left Altaira's prayers. It struck a soft and tattered cord to hear the Lady spoken with such closeness - as all kelvic she's known often do to a lesser degree - that seemed to come from a deeper reverence. An adoration that she had only known in Avanthal. It had been well over a year already. Thoughts then shifted to the gift of Saraphina herself, and she nodded numbly as she spoke her words of strength and respect for flight. She'd have lied if she said she hadn't had a seedling of hope that perhaps she were a kin to her half siblings - a dire polar bear and further evidence that perhaps they share more than mere kinship, but a birth in the same frozen city.

It was curious, however, to hear of how independent the feline folk were. Bird were numerous, they were loud and prone to gossip. Tell a little bird in the south and her kin to the far north west will know it in a heart beat. Not even a compliment of song or feather could stop their chatter half the time. Once again, she found herself bitter at her own drifting thoughts, and took the hand extended and gave a firm shake, her own smile closer to a smirk, as she took note that the birds chattering above were quite avid in their debates.

Word of the quiet Enthere's own form then came to light, and the kelvic regarded her with a thoughtful and sweeping gaze. Her own animal nature was quite clear in her human, it seemed, the woman, from what she could tell, as stealthy in movement and quiet of thought as she would imagine any cougar. It was always a game to guess another's kin. Were they quiet from habits of stalking or hiding? Loud from pride or a mere boisterous nature? Were they one who found confidence gained or lost in their human form? So many possibilities, so little time to guess.

Almost too quickly, the topic shift back towards herself and her studies, and she took a moment to herself to gather her thoughts before addressing all questions laid out before her by the woman. "Wanting to see what kinds of herbs are had here. Different to Taldera, somewhat varying from those nearer Syliras." She gave the two a thoughtful look, before knealing towards the wilting little plant once more. "This is tolm, quite common. Also in Syliras." There was a number of things she was to respond to in the chain of questions presented, and she worked her mind to ensure that all was answered in order.

"Used in teas and tonics, mostly. Good for aches and pains and sleep." She let a deep breath roll from her lungs, before digging slightly at the base of the plant. It was the roots they always sold in Stormhold Salves, thought the mistress always spoke of rot. Something to do with the soil too close to the plant's stem? The thought came and passed, and Altaira found herself in a near rush to answer the other questions. "I've come to the city to learn, if that was the question. The university is very good, so I've been told. As for from where I've come, my last three and a half seasons were in Syliras. Before that, born and grown in the Goddess-Queen Morwen's Avanthal."

She gave a critical look over Saraphina and tilted her head, wetting her lips before continuing. "Yourselves? Did you both come to the city together?- Or is your companionship something that has come far more recent?-I can't imagine a camp would suffice a long term residence?" It was a curious thought and question. They were each kelvic themselves, though the question of bondmates and relation were yet to be asked or answered.
Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Saraphina Skyglow on December 6th, 2014, 1:13 am

Saraphina Skyglow

S araphina's golden cat eyes sparkled as Altaira said she was also from Avanthal. It was strange that she had an animal form that was so directly adverse to the cold, icy embrace of the winter province, but the ginger was simple glad to have met someone else from her homeland. It was interesting to meet another bird Kelvic. As a feline shifter, Saraphina's own independent streak had a bit of difficulty in understanding the social niceties Altaira might perhaps be more accustomed to. Still, the dark haired women seemed to be friendly enough, even speaking some of her knowledge of the plant life. Enthere would likely find more interest in the subject, Saraphina had only really breached it as an opening for conversation. She'd learned that from hanging around the city and poking her nose into converstaions random strangers were having.

H umming softly in fainted interest at the new information on the plant Tolm, Saraphina did file away the knowledge in her memory. She might never use it, but her desire to learn and grow was still a strong factor in her life. So even though herbalism wasn't big on her list of things she liked, she still knew there was value in learning about it. Really, her interest was more peeked when Altaira said she had traveled from Syliras. Her face lit up with delight and she grinned happily, "You've come from Syliras! Really....I've heard that there are knights in armor so polished the sun reflecting off it can make people blind. Is that true? Did you like it there?" Saraphina's need to travel, to learn and to explore was a constant companion. Much as she liked Zeltiva and its vast array of cultures, people and communities, she still longed to see more. More wonder, more adventure, more challenges. The world wasn't standing still, it was a constant moving engine. And Saraphina intended to absorb as much of it as she could in her short life.

T he question of Enthere and her partnership made the Tiger Kelvic tilt her head a bit. Glancing over at her quiet friend, Saraphina paused in though before she answered. Was the Parrot Kelvic asking if they were Bonded? Possibly, but she didn't want to speak openly about such a private matter with someone she just met. Giving Enthere a friendly smile, she answered in a lighthearted tone, "Enthere and I live near each other and have a communal camp, a joint territory. We both enjoy and prefer the wilds to the city, and we are both apt hunters, so we manage quite well. We met each other last season and have been friends since then. Enthere was already here I think and I traveled from Avanthal. And you, Altaria. I assume you're traveling alone?" The birds above the group chipped loudly and Saraphina looked up. The canopy blotted out parts of the sun and fluttering leaves twirled in the air as some fell. Beams of light broke through areas, giving her a chance to spot a few of the brownish, hopping sparrows clinging to the small twigs of the trees. She smiled a bit and listened to the forest around her. Soft silence, gentle wind blowing through leaves and the scent of nature around her. Such peace and freedom, Saraphina really couldn't ask for anything more.

Saraphina Skyglow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets