Dust's Scribbles and Sketches

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Postby Dust on November 28th, 2014, 11:08 pm

Index
Dust's Books

Pen Pals
Last edited by Dust on July 10th, 2016, 2:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
Dust
Player

Words: 160562
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2012, 7:31 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Dust on November 28th, 2014, 11:10 pm

Pen Pal: Aislyn Leavold
~80 days transit from Lhavit

Sent: Fall 5, 514 AV
To: Vanator, The Sanctuary, Riverfall
mistakenly delivered to Aislyn Leavold, Alvadas

Journey wear and poor penmanship in the address compound and result in the letter's mistaken delivery to Aislyn Leavold in Alvadas. The handwriting is large, the letters often poorly shaped, and many words are misspelled, suggesting an inexperienced writer. The letter is written entirely in Common.

Also included in the envelope is a second sheet of the same size. On this sheet is a very rough outline of southern Kalea, Falyndar, and western Cyphrus; dots labeled 'R' and 'L' (for Riverfall and Lhavit respectively), and a line connecting the two by sea.

actual text :
Hi Van! Its been a long time since we tawked. But my writting is getting better so I decided to write a letter. I am in Lavit now and have been for a while. Everything is good you dont need to worry about me beeing safe. And I havent seen a single Akolak here. You dont need to worry about that either!

I made a litle map for you from the book with how we went from Riverfall to Lavit. I put some other things on it too. On the map, it looks like we past close to some cities in Iktol but really all I saw for the longest time was just water! I was very glad when we got to the city.

Lavit is weerd though. The people like to be awake both day and night. They sleep in little naps I guess insted of all at once. I dont get it -- night is for sleeping! Its also very prety here. There's a river here thats maybe as big as the Bluevayn. There are lots of mountins of course -- the city is spread across five of them! -- and almost all of the buildings look like theyr made of glass. It doesnt feel anything like actual glass though -- it's warm, where glass would be cold. Like I said its weerd!

error-free version :
Hi, Van! It's been a long time since we talked. But my writing is getting better, so I decided to write a letter. I am in Lhavit now, and have been for a while. Everything is good, you don't need to worry about me being safe. And I haven't seen a single Akalak here. You don't need to worry about that either!

I made a little map for you from the book, with how we went from Riverfall to Lhavit. I put some other things on it too. On the map, it looks like we passed close to some cities in Eyktol, but really, all I saw for the longest time was just water! I was very glad when we got to the city.

Lhavit is weird, though. The people like to be awake both day and night. They sleep in little naps, I guess, instead of all at once. I don't get it -- night is for sleeping! It's also very pretty here. There's a river here that's maybe as big as the Bluevein. There are lots of mountains, of course -- the city is spread across five of them! -- and almost all of the buildings look like they're made of glass. It doesn't feel anything like actual glass, though -- it's warm, where glass would be cold. Like I said, it's weird!

Sent: Fall 87, 514 AV
Received: early Spring 515 AV

A letter sent the eighty-seventh of Fall, 514 AV. Contained in a travel-damaged, but otherwise neat, envelope, the note is written in small handwriting, with a large timestamp at the top. Outside the envelope is a return-to-sender sort of addressment, with a note scribbled down on the envelope in hasty handwriting; “To the sender of the letter addressed to Van”.

Dust
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Dust on July 10th, 2016, 2:50 am

The Book of Little Maps
This book is a collection of maps and sketches Dust has made during her travels. As a learning project, it better showcases how her skills have progressed over time rather than the places she's been.

This book is in Garland's possession as of Winter 516.

Page 1 -- untitled
A map displaying someone's route down city streets. The original charcoal lines are coarse and uneven, drawn by an inexperienced hand while walking (For Want of Direction). Someone with a better hand has inked over the lines and annotated with selected landmarks. (tbd)

view map :

Page 6 -- The City of Riverfall
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. (City Plotting).

Page 10 -- untitled
A very rough outline of southern Kalea, Falyndar, and western Cyphrus; dots labeled 'R' and 'L' respectively mark Riverfall and Lhavit's locations, and a line connects the two by sea but follows no particular route. The immediately preceding page has been cut out. (The Anatomy of a Map).

Page 13 -- Surya Plaza
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. (Whiskey Tango Foxtrot).

Pages 17-19 -- The City of Lhavit
Set longitudinally end-to-end, these three pages encompass a rough map of Lhavit, as seen from above. (Shapes Under the Sky I, II, and III).

Page 21 -- untitled
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. (tbd - the journey to Syka)

Page 26 -- The Settlement of Syka
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. (New Bearings)

Pages 30-32 -- untitled
These pages cover what appears to be several iterations of a treehouse design. The immediately following page has been cut out. (The Perfect Style)
Dust
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)