Sibling Rivalry-Part the (Finished/XP Awarded)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Sibling Rivalry-Part the First

Postby Aidara on October 13th, 2010, 4:33 am

"You've always been selfish and better than me. Why bother ask? You knew whatever you had planned was going to turn out okay, and that's all that mattered. I am not an idiot, Sairque. You are my other half, I know you as well as you do... Or I did." Her voice was flat, her eyes were flat. If Sai cared to test their bond, she would notice that Addy had withdrawn so deep inside herself there was just a numbness in response to the such probing.

Finally taking the courage to sit up, and ignoring the excruciating pain as she did so, Aidara rubbed the mess that was her throat. Her sisters iron grip had left a welt in the shape of a hand mark, red, angry and starting to bruise around the edges. Taking a deep breath, she lifted her torn shirt, wincing as shreds of fabric that had been pressed into her wounds tore free. The freshly opened wounds immediately started bleeding anew. Pulling the ruined garment over her head and throwing it to the ground, Aidara shivered as goose flesh crept along her torn and savaged skin as the cold wind buffeted her. With her shirt off, the extent of her wounds were easy to see. Addy's entire side was torn and bleeding with welts on top of welts across her back, both from the shaft of the arrow. Her knees, elbows and shins were mottled with bruises from the rocks and sticks that they had rolled around over in the heat of their tussle. A shallow scrape on her forehead oozed blood just above her eye, where strands of hair from her bangs stuck as it dried. It was not a pretty sight.

Green eyes turned towards her sister as she talked, Aidara standing completely still until Sairque was done talking, nodding once before returning to the inspection of her wounds. She clearly wasn't going to forgive and forget. Her sister had hurt her deeply. The love and devotion, the unyielding trust that Aidara had placed into her twin was shattered. She could feel the pain and confusion, the regret as well as the diminished satisfaction and shame. They were all feelings that Aidara shared, deep down. She wouldn't feel them until later, anyways. She was just an emotionless shell.

Abandoning her shirt, ruined quiver, bow, and arrows Aidara turned her back on her sister with out another word, making her way slowly and painfully back to Wind Reach, where her medicinal supplies were located and the hope of eased physical pain. Emotional pain was another story.
Last edited by Aidara on November 5th, 2010, 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sairque on October 13th, 2010, 2:11 pm

Sai didn't move until Addy had stood and started hobbling off. She was going to have an ugly face for a week or two, and a sore midsection for a day or two, but Addy was going to have to deal with excruciating pain every single time she moved. That was the joy of core injuries. At least she would have some bad ass temporary scars and wounds to show off to their friends. Always an upside. And she would get some respect for having taken her sister down at all, and then hanging on for as long as she did. See, Addy already had things to look forward to, no need to be so bleak and dismal.

"Hey, wait up!" Sai scrambled to her feet, gathered up Addy's coat, quiver, all the stuff she left behind, and hurried after the gimpy girl.

I'll meet you two. Catabasis informed her matter-of-factly.

Her steps faltered for a brief second, the simple words triggering a realization that every single thing she did was going to be marked and witnessed. Which, before today, when she realized that she could do things that were shameful, hadn't been a big deal. No time to explore that now, though, her sister was laboring her way down the path.

So she would tell her sister all the upsides to today's activities, and Catabasis would give her a ride to the aerie, so she could go to Sai's rooms and use the private bath, and then Sai would go get her medical stuff and some food...Sai nibbled on her bottom lip as she planned furiously.

Catabasis landed in front of Addy and made an elegant dip to allow the girl to mount, no doubt knowing exactly what to say to make the girl comfortable and appreciative of the ride. Sai, with a plan now, resumed her jog toward them and closed the distance quickly, she had only been walking a few paces behind the slow girl.

"Catabasis will take you up to my rooms where you can use the private baths, and I'm gonna swing by and get your medical stuff," she informed Addy, though there was a subtle streak of doubt tainting her statement, a new addition to her vocal quality, like Addy could say no now where before she never would have been allowed to even argue the plan. Like, maybe, Sai was actually concerned with what would make the girl happy.
"Oneday I wished upon a star
And woke up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me."
Sairque
It's so empty in here

Words: 424341
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2010, 12:15 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Aidara on October 13th, 2010, 4:16 pm

"Thank you." Was all she said, a small smile as she accepted Sai's generosity. Although she kept her composure, Aidara initially wanted to stop and stare open mouthed when her sister came running up behind her. Even while they were tussling on the cold ground, Addy had come to terms with the fact that her sister would be bragging for weeks on end about how pathetic her attempt at knocking the shit out of her was.

It took an inordinate amount of time for Addy to pull herself up onto Catabasis's back, tucking her feet securely behind his wing joints and wrapping her arms tightly around his neck. She could have sat more gracefully upon the strong birds back, but the pain that tore at her body from a dozen different places made her throw dignity to the wind.

As she flew away, rocking along with Catabasis' strong wing strokes, the cold, fresh air rejuvenated her. For just a few moments she forgot about her pain and her wounded feelings, enjoying the ride. It was when she let those walls down that she felt a strange emotion surge down the channel she had internally labeled as "Sai". A mix of desire, shame, guilt, anger, regret and confusion swept over Addy, the emotions all so powerful that it was almost as if she could taste them. And yet...The combination didn't make sense. Sairque never regretted a single action in her entire life, anger was the norm but shame...? Before she had time to delve deeper into this strange emotion, Catabasis landed in the middle of the aerie, sending a jolt through to her core. Crying out in pain, Addy slid from the eagles back into an ungraceful heap on the floor, her arms forming a protective cage around her broken ribs just before hitting the ground. Whimpering as fresh tears streamed down her face, Aidara kicked a loose stone at the bird as he sauntered away.

"Stupid beast."

Though the insult had no feeling behind it. Propping herself against the wall of the courtyard, Addy settled down to wait for her sister and her medicines. Yes, she could have taken the time to almost instantly heal her wounds with out her herbal medicines. She had considered it, finger tracing the gnosis mark on the inside of her elbow. But she earned these "battles wounds", and what was going to teach her a lesson if she wasn't reminded of the incident every time she moved? Picking off bits of grass and dirt that clung to her ruined pants, she had time to think over what happened, although she already knew she forgave her sister. This was the first time Aidara had ever stood up for herself, and although she had the broken bones and bruises to show for it, she realized that nothing could ever come between her and her sister. But Sairque....doing something for her... now that, she could get used too.
Last edited by Aidara on November 5th, 2010, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Dreamcatcher on October 16th, 2010, 6:49 pm

Character: Aidara

Experience: +2 Brawling, +1 Wrestling
Lore: Accepting pain and Scars, Letting out Shame and Hurt

Character: Sairque

Experience: +2 Brawling, +1 Wrestling
Lore: Forgiveness for Family, Tenderness from Victory

Additional Awards:

First link in the chain: Aidara and Sairque have formed an empathic link. Without concentration, either one of can tell instantly when the other dies. With concentration and both of you within eye contact, you can experience a small feeling of the other persons emotions. Their emotions must be very strong for you to detect them. The emotion will appear powerful to you, but very blurry, so much that you can’t necessary tell who it’s directed to. Examples: Love, Hate, Fear, Lust, and Intense Happiness.

Additional Note:
If you feel that I missed something please PM me with the details on what I missed and I will review it.
Dreamcatcher
Retired Staff

Words: 120506
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2010, 4:27 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous