[Temple of All Gods] A Window To The Past

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Re: [Malia's Thread] The Temple of All Gods

Postby Malia on October 11th, 2009, 12:45 pm

Incredible pain was burning inside Malia’s body. She hadn’t really believed that the ichor would be as powerful as it presented itself now, bubbling and raging inside her veins. Her desire, her deep will to get the goddess’ attention had lead her to that.

And then every movement stopped. Her hair froze in mid-air, her body felt weightless, the room around her lifeless, even the white bubbling inside her dead body was silent. A creepy silence. Like the flow of time had suddenly stopped and she was locked in it. She, who had wanted time to halt and pay tribute to her existence, she, who had believed to be out of time. Until that moment she hadn’t even known the true meaning of being timeless! Hadn’t been able to imagine that incredible power incorporated in a single moment. And the moment stretched into eternity.

Of course only one being could do such wonders, could bring such a curse.

The woman who was suddenly standing in front of Malia, appearing in the same short instant She had needed to stop time. Her shimmering white hair appeared both young and old, as well as the rest of Her body. But most importantly, Her presence quickly filled the room, took the last memory of living movement and replaced it with vacuum. A single breathless moment. It almost seemed unreal that She showed visible signs of life, speaking words in the language of the mortals, looking at Malia with mortal curiosity.

The overwhelming presence caused Malia to sink into a deep bow, a symbol of respect and gratitude. But she also knew that the moment they were locked in – together! – was precious and not to be wasted. Words as well as gestures had to be used carefully.

So she broke the ban and forced her lips to part. “We, the Nuit, your experiment … half-beings, trapped between the living and the dead, existing in a world that we cannot belong to. I ask you why!” Strong words. She realized that she neither felt fear nor anger any more, just a strong desire to know – to know Tanroa and her intentions.

When her ichor had been fire before, it had turned to stone in an instant.
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on November 2nd, 2009, 7:39 am

Tanroa gazed into the Nuit's sharp determined eyes, noting the lack of fear and the absence of anger. It was instead the thirst of knowledge, and the desire to drink from the waters of time to understand why there was indeed no time or proper place for the Nuit. The Goddess did not answer immediately. But she stood looking at Malia without expression to mar her countenance.

"In many ways, Kihala is my sister though there is no blood shared between us. Long ago, Yshul grew bold and stole from her the knowledge of how to breath life into things. Along with Uldar's help, the Goddess of thieves created unlife. From them, the first magics of ancient Alahea arose. They gifted them to their mortal followers who improved on them. Some call these powers animation, but that is only half truths. For the best of the mortal wizards that perfected these arts and mastered it far beyond what is known now also took souls and bound them into artificial forms. But to trick a soul and bind it without destroying it takes a delicate touch. There must be a faucet of life there, some semblance of the reality or the energetic essence that is bound cannot thrive. It will whither and die."
Her voice was cool, precise, as if she was looking at the happenings in Alahea the very moment she spoke of them to Malia.

"So to say that the Nuit are my experiments is incorrect. The first were the products of hundreds of years of mortal tampering. The first of your kind, the Daek-nuit, was created by Valisatovak Kantiva, a wizard attached to the royal line of Alahea. From his work, other mortals created the Nuits that exist today. There are still Nuits being created by mortals, and there will be well into the future. But just because you are not my children, does not mean I do not take an interest. You are unique in all the world, for though you are not alive and forms you wear must be borrowed and changed out, you will live forever if enough care is taken of your form."
Tanroa said softly. "In all the world, in all time, no creature save the Nuit has ever had the ability other than myself to bear witness to the passage of time and yet remain, somewhat, outside of it. That makes you incredibly precious, Malia. Whether you understand this or not. You are the witnesses to the world. And no other can claim that title." The goddess stared at Malia, her unfatomable gaze still holding the Nuit's with her own steely eyes.

"But I sense that is not exactly your question, is it? Instead, you wish to know, I suspect, what will give your life meaning since you have found very little up until now."
The goddess moved then, beginning to pace the length of the small sitting room, moving from one tapestry depicting a god or goddess, gazing thoughtfully at it, and then moving onwards. "Life is filled with answers to that question. You can find it in the smile of a child if you are mortal. You can understand your own purpose by gazing at a sunrise or moonrise if you are Ethaefal. But when you are Nuit, the questions become harder and the answers more fleeting. You have no anchor, no purpose, because your creators did not hold the beliefs that they would succeed, and thus did not properly purpose you, did they?" Her voice took on a resonant quality. And suddenly, she seemed bigger, more fully there within the room than she had moments before. The Goddess turned, and reached out her hand, slowly with her palm up. "Give me your hand. I can help you, Malia, if only a little and if only in a small way. But you must trust me." The Goddess said, standing there, her slim hand waiting for her offering to be accepted or rejected and the gap between them to be closed.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Malia on November 23rd, 2009, 9:06 pm

When the Goddess spoke, Malia listened carefully to her words and memorized information that she considered important and interesting. The Nuit were born out of Animation ... Never had she actually showed any interest in the part of her heritage that consisted of facts, instead she had focused on the philosophical part. Perhaps a mistake? A name she memorized too: Valisatovak Kantiva ... wizard who created the first Nuit, the Daek-Nuit. An odd name, but she was pretty sure that she could look those up at a library.

Then her eyes widened with surprise. Precious ... precious?! Indeed, she had seen much more than any human, even more than any of the gifted Konti, but she had never considered herself to be precious because of that specific ... knowledge.

The amount of information was a bit overwhelming, Malia had to admit. Still she hoped that she would remember the most important parts of what Tanroa told her. And then she would treasure them, lock them away deep in her undead, yet sensitive heart.

Life is filled with answers. Still time hadn't moved on, still Malia was alone, yet together with Tanroa. When the Goddess held her hand out, Malia was confused for a moment. What did she expect? What did she offer to her? Was she, Malia, allowed to ask? But that decision was about whether she trusted her Goddess or not, right? Or perhaps she had gotten something wrong?

She shook her head, trying to find the missing link and ignore the chaos in her head. She couldn't think straight any more!

And then, time was running out - as if there was any pressure, but for Malia there was -, and she approached Tanroa and carefully laid her pale right hand in the Goddess' neutral one, looking at her with an expression of curiosity as well as trust, belief. "I trust you, I believe in you. Please, do with me whatever you think is right." It almost sounded like prayer.

Yes. Yes, she believed! Time could heal wounds, time could also show her the way to herself. She had to be right, she wanted to believe that Tanroa could help her. She had already given Malia so much hope, the will to continue living and watching.

It even was a blessing to know that she was willing to continue doing so in the future.
Malia
The Remnants

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on February 1st, 2010, 7:46 pm

Mod NoteWe need to move on. I'm sorry about the delay. I was waiting for Treavery to be completed, but we'll just keep going and I'll move into another direction.

When the nuit's hands touched the Goddess' palm, there was a flare of light - brilliant and pure. Malia could feel herself wrenched from the present and dunked into the waters of time. Life disappeared around her. The temple vanished. Its walls bled into a wash of color that in turn dissolved into a water so pure, so filled with power, that even something that wasn't quite alive like herself could sense it. It swept her away from her sense of 'now' and she was pulled backwards through the current, as if crossing time itself. She could feel the palm beneath her hands, warm and solid, but there was no other sensation of Tanroa being with her. The experience lasted only what would equate to a breath or two for someone living, but to the Nuit it seemed as if it took most of her life - and beyond.

When it was over, they were standing in a room. It was elegant with high sweeping columns that were gilded in gold and decorated with chunks of lapis lazuli that made the whole place look deep dark sapphire and gold. Elegantly woven drapes swept down from the walls, framing oversized antique furniture. There were three men in the room. The first two looked identical, twins for certain, though they acted differently. It was odd, almost as if she recognized one, which would be insane because from the style of the room and the atmosphere, a building such as this would not have simply existed post Valterrian unless it was built up recently and through large acquisitions of wealth. The second of the two identical men, unlike the first one she almost recognized, was fully recognizable to her, though the face and the amount of life the man had in him left her no doubt he was alive and not nuit. It was her Master. A twin. There was a third gentleman there, someone that Malia recognized right away as being something inhuman itself. She could see the vileness about it, even if he was looking as normal as a man. Being inhuman itself had taught her the signs to recognize similar 'offness' in other creatures. It felt like a god though not so powerful, as if it was fragmented away from something older more heinous. The three men clasped hands, and the third smiled a cold smile which might have made Malia cringe.

The first man spoke, the one that looked so much like her master but wasn't - and yet was familiar in his own right - as if she knew and loved him anyhow. "You were right. Everything you said to do worked wonders. Look at this place? We've built up an empire of textiles, dyes, and have cornered the market on trade. The whole Medinis family has thrived. Both of us have taken wives, and Jovian has a new daughter, Malia. We couldn't have asked for anything more..." The second man smiled, her master, Jovian. She now had a name and a hint of what he was to her.

The third man spoke up. "Yes, I know. I've been watching you. And now is the time, I think, for me to come collect my debt. The one you both agreed to years ago when you first sought my advice." Jovian spoke up. "Yes, Bravin is right. Thank you very much for your advice. You've brought us a long way, Kahnikivas. And since you've waited so long, we now have coin aplenty to pay our debt to you." The man, Kahnikivas chuckled. "I am not interested in coin." He said sternly. "You think I wanted coin? Coin is meaningless... coin has absolutely no value in my world." The creature said, laughing. "It will just make you a slave to the world, and that lot in life is one that will not suit you." He said gently.

They were interrupted as a maid brought in a service filled with tea. Malia recognized her as memory flexed. The woman used to sing to her sometimes when she tucked her into bed as a child. In fact, the whole place was starting to look familiar. As she looked around, the men kept talking, though Malia didn't pay much attention to what they said because she couldn't. Suddenly, as if a dam burst in her head, memories flooded back. She grew up in Karjin. It was a wealthy place of merchants and mages. It was so unlike Syliras where she was now. Karjin was a city where industry boomed again, directly after the Valterrian emergence. Life was re-established, especially commerce, and her family was a prominent one in the city. They were fabric makers. They owned a huge factory where weaving was a way of life. And their dyes were sought after world wide. They had shades of color no one else had, and they guarded the secrets jealously. Medinis fabric was renowned. She remembered, even as a child, playing around the vats that soaked silk and linen, dying it bright red or blue or a shade of black so perfect it rippled with the undertones of night. She remembered, all in a jarring instant, the silkworm house where the caterpillars spun their lovely wares.

Her childhood had been magical, filled with the wealth of being someone who belonged to a place that they mastered. The only shadow had been her father's death. She grew to adulthood loving fabrics, their weave, their texture, their coloring. She knew industry secrets, recipes, formulas. She was standing in the middle of her legacy, an empire her father and his twin had built from nothing, based on the advice of a stranger, a nuit. Only, she hadn't grown up with a father. Jovian had died when she was still an infant, an carriage accident on the outskirts of town. Her uncle, Bravin, had raised her, stepping in to do for her mother ... Rose... when her father was no longer around. She hadn't known, however, that Jovian and Bravin were twins.

She focused back to the conversation. Jovian was yelling now. "No, you can't have Malia. This was not part of the deal." Her father said, vehemently. It was apparent by every tense muscle in his body that he was protective of his daughter. The man just laughed. "You signed the contract and willingly took my advice. It is your duty to provide for me what I want." The creature said. "And that was a firstborn. I had hoped for a boy, and one of Bravin's body for he carries more raw talent than you do Jovian. Not that it matters at the moment. Malia is useless to me now... I had no idea she was still an infant. Time passes differently for us, you see. I will return when she's older, perhaps in eighteen years or so, and collect my due. She will be important, and used to do great good, I promise." His smile flashed bright, but there was such a sinister about it that even Malia could feel the threat.

Jovian spoke up again. "We never signed over a child! We signed that we'd pay you if your advice proved helpful." He said, reaching for his own contract copy that was in the elaborate desk by a large bank of windows. He dug it out of the desk, opened it up, and began reading. "See? It said nothing about..... wait... THIS WAS NOT HERE BEFORE...." He said, gaping at the man as Brevin pulled the contract from his hands and read it over. "No, indeed it wasn't. It was to be coin. This has been changed." The creature said nothing for a long time then shook his head. "Nothing has been changed. You read what you wanted to read back then when you were living on the streets at scrounging out a life after that fire. You should know better than to make deals with strangers offering you gifts. I must have her and I must have her willingly. I have obligations too, and a Master myself. I will return, in a few years, and collect her. I suggest you enjoy her while you can. For in eighteen years, she'll be mine. This is how its been done, how its always been done, and there's nothing you can do to change it." He said, a hint of sympathy in his otherwise hard eyes. And then he turned and walked from the room.

He left the two brothers alone with themselves, staring at each other in stunned silence. Jovian spoke first, finally. "We need to find out more about him. What he is. What can stop him... what hes capable of. We have years, but it might take at least that long. He's not taking my daughter." The man said, his brother nodded. "We'll get to the bottom of it. We'll find out why he wanted her so badly... coin should be enough. We have it in plenty. We'd have never signed something like that, never. All we've ever wanted was a family... security... wealth to make sure they have everything they need." He said, softly, not knowing this would be the result.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tanroa turned to Malia then, still with her, whether the nuit had realized it or not. "Your father and brother stumbled upon a trickster creature almost as old as time itself. For such creatures, it is not the payment that matters, but the devastation it brings upon the lives of those the creature touches. It builds up empires just to see them fall. Had I not known better, I would have thought the fall of Suva would have been brought about by one such monstrosity. He did not need you for payment. He did not think you were older. He came early to ruin your family's life for eighteen years. Every word pouring from his honeyed lips is a lie. To your family, to the world. He is one of Rhysols creations. And he targeted Brevin and Jovian because they are special among men. Their pain is sweeter to his kind than most because they project out their thoughts, their energy, their emotions. You are a lot like them, Malia, even if you know it not. Your father, from that very moment, began his search for answers and a way to combat the creature. He was a nuit within the year. And later, after the time had passed, he came back and made you one so that you would not fall prey to the monster. Brevin never had kids and his wife was taken by an epidemic that caused a bloody cough five years later." Tanroa said softly, her words no consultation at all. "Their empire never crumbled though. His advice was that good. It still exists today in Karjin with the rest of your family, who were useless to the creature. He wanted the twins bloodline, and yours as well. And now, sadly, it is lost to the world forever. But your spirit is not. Nor will it ever be unless you are careless." She said gently.

"Kahnikivas destroyed your family. He enjoyed doing so. And now your father hunts him. He is gone from you because he did not want you harmed... but make no mistake... if your father fails in his quest but angers Kahnikivas, there will be no mercy for you."
Tanroa said softly. "It is not my war, but I can do my part. The creature has powers, abilities, insights that others do not. I would give you the same thing, child, via my own mark." And it was then that Malia's palm burned, the hand touching the goddesses. "So that you may begin to fight him a little, perhaps help your father, and be forewarned of the future by having an idea of the past. Treavery will grant you control of time, at least in a small ways at first. Use this to help yourself and others... for Rhysol touches the world and you will cross paths with those that serve him much like Kahnikivas. You might even run into Kahnikivas or your father again, and if its the later he will need your help. She said, then paused, letting Malia take one last look around her childhood home even as the brothers began planning their next moves - one that would leave her father dead in less than a year.

Then after a moment, Tanroa took Malia back to the temple, back through the river of time and stood before her, watchful, waiting to see her reaction to everything she'd learned.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Malia on February 7th, 2010, 5:38 pm

The touch caused something strange to happen. Malia felt as if she was dunked into a pool of colorful, fresh water, so unbelievably pure that she could do nothing but watch in awe. For a time span that seemed like a single moment stretched out into eternity, a vast amount of colors circled her, hugged and embraced her. Her existence within the color tunnel would last forever without even being touched by boredom or mischief.

But then it was over and Malia found herself in a luxuriously furnished and decorated room. She immediately knew that they weren’t in the temple, not even in Syliras anymore. Not in Ahnatep either, since the architecture looked more antique than the present Eypharians could possibly get. Tanroa’s hand had guided her there, and she noticed that the Goddess was still with her. Then one of the three men in the room moved and started to speak, drawing Malia’s attention. While observing the scenario that unfolded in front of her, she forgot everything else, her problems, concerns, her existence in Syliras. She merely played the observer role – although she soon noticed that the scene was far more personal than expected.

The first few words had no meaning to her. However, the man who spoke felt strangely familiar, as if she knew him, but still not the right way, as if something had been turned upside down inside her memory. She immediately recognized him as her ‘Master’, the person she had travelled with for years and years, but at the same time he was someone else for her she hadn’t remembered until then. Her mind felt like cold clay, and she continued to listen.

Malia. The word hit her like a fist in the face. Another name appeared, Jovian, the name of her ‘Master’ … and her father. The Medinis family, their clan, their home, their life. Everything Jovian possessed and Malia was meant to be familiar with was voiced in that room of exotic beauty.

When the maid interrupted the conversation that seemed to revolve around business issues, more names flooded her mind. They simply reappeared out of a memory she hadn’t even known to possess. Karjin, a wealthy city thriving with industry and business, filled with mages, merchants and lower-class folk who hoped to ascend quickly at the golden ladder of success. The Medinis … her family … had been one of those clans who had gained power through the game of buying and selling. The little girl Malia had been surrounded with relatives who loved her, a whole lot of servants and fabrics, colors, textures and the rattling of the caterpillars. She remembered the techniques of the trade, remembered how the industry worked and how her family had successfully used that knowledge. Jovian, her father who had vanished from her life too early, and Brevin, her nice and caring uncle, had led the business together. So they had been twins. The image of her mother Rose appeared at last.

Then there was that mysterious man who apparently took part in their business. But his sharp smile cut into her heart. Little Malia hadn’t known him, but the Nuit didn’t sympathize with him at all. He was undead, just like her, with a significant difference in age, ancient and powerful, but lacking the wisdom that should go along with so much power. Something about him made her suspicious and very careful.

She missed a good part of what was being said, but suddenly her ‘Master’ … father … was yelling at the Nuit. You can’t have Malia. Speechlessly and breathlessly she followed the conversation again. When the Nuit spoke again in a cold and ruthless voice, she paid close attention. He wanted the young Malia. He had a Master himself. He would return in eighteen years. It had always been that way. Then he disappeared, leaving the father in utter despair – but with a strong will to fight.

Still overwhelmed by the amount of life and personality she had been confronted with Malia noticed the Goddess still standing next to her. She had watched silently, but then she turned back to the Nuit. Malia had just realized that she was still young for a Nuit, very young, no threat to the being she had just seen.

She listened to the rest of the story, although she didn’t really know whether she wanted to hear it or not. Tanroa just continued to speak and Malia couldn’t shut her ears or deny her interest. After all, that had become a personal issue for her. Subconsciously she memorized every single bit of information that could prove to be useful. Karjin, the Medini family, the ancient Nuit called Kahnikivas. She would find out everything about him and what he had taken away from her. She would seek him out and destroy him. What else should she do?

Then Tanroa spoke about spirit … Malia’s spirit, the spirit of Jovian’s and Brevin’s bloodline. She had to be careful if she wanted to preserve what they had cherished all the time while building their empire and making their dream come true. That precious spirit would continue to live through her – yes, for that she would do her best.

But Kahnikivas … He deserved something else. Perhaps Malia could even locate and find her father and reunite with him to fight their tormentor, maybe even his Master if they still worked together, but she wasn’t yet ready for an open confrontation. She would be wiped out, and so would her father. They were too young and inexperienced, despite the fact that they had travelled half the world together.

Suddenly everything made sense. The fatherly love and care he had demonstrated more than one time, the countless hours they had spent walking side by side and talking about the gods, about destiny and so-called coincidences. He had always protected her, but also made sure that she used her mind and intelligence to survive on her own. She had managed to reach Syliras, then travelled through the desert to reach Ahnatep and returned after a few days. Restlessly she roamed the world, searching for … something. Perhaps she had subconsciously searched for Kahnikivas. Perhaps she was wrong.

There was chaos, but one thing she knew: She had to be very careful. Such an ancient being, even a follower of Rhysol was somewhere out there and waiting for her. If she wanted to develop from a mere tool, the coin of the men’s game, to a gambler herself, a weapon with a sharp edge, she had to do so silently and inconspicuously. Considering all those facts, she already started to plan …

However, the sudden silence brought her back to the ground she was standing on. The luxurious room that had turned into a place of desperate scheming and plotting, but was still full with her childhood memories … Jovian sitting there was the last image she took with her.

Then everything was gone. The colorful river of time, its pureness and clarity irritated her that time, but then it spit her out and she found herself standing in the middle of the warm, comfortable room at the temple. Eyeing the Goddess of Time who still hadn’t vanished, she soon realized that Tanroa was waiting for her reaction. At that moment a whole lot of questions started filling her mind, but she resisted the urge to ask all of them at once. Like always, her face turned into an undecipherable mask while she separated the less important from the more urgent.

The first thing she did, however, was performing a deep bow. Silky cascades of black hair covered her eyes, but her words were clear. “I am very grateful that you showed me all this! I don’t really know whether I’d have agreed to see it if I had known … but that is of no matter. You didn’t particularly give me a sense, but you gave me a lot of information to work with. Also, I very much value your help. I think it’s far more than you may think …” At this point, she stopped and thought about what she had seen. The burning memory in her right palm remembered her of the Goddess’ presence. The knowledge that Tanroa would be with her from that moment on comforted her a bit. But the thought of Kahnikivas narrowed her deep, black eyes. “He spoke about his Master, so he is not alone. We don’t have any advantages. We would have to start from scratch to fight him … although it’s possible that Jovian could have had success on his search meanwhile.” For some unknown reason, she couldn’t call him ‘father’. Still her clearest and freshest memories were those of her ‘Master’, although the scene she had just witnessed was still burning behind her forehead with shocking intensity. It just seemed unreal. She still had to get used to having a past again.

Then her attention turned to the city she had been born in, Karjin. “Would it be safe if I visited the Medini family? Would he know if I stayed with them for a few days?” Although her words were more an inner monologue than anything else, they partly addressed Tanroa as well.

Then she straightened and met her opponent’s gaze with strength and determination. “I know what I have to do. I know that I have time …” Time Tanroa had granted her. She couldn’t say ‘thank you’ enough, but she guessed that Tanroa already knew what priceless a gift she had given to Malia.
Malia
The Remnants

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Re: [Temple of All Gods] A Window To The Past

Postby Gossamer on February 15th, 2010, 7:08 am

The Goddess of Time smiled slightly, amusement playing across her lips. "The truth about time is often hard to take. Your eyes see things differently now, and indeed will look different when you do peer into those turbulent waters. You were at a disadvantage, Malia. Mortals know their past and where they come from. It molds their future. You had no such sense of place, and you need to have one for the enemies you have are not easily swayed or avoided. I have no interest in who wins or looses, but I do enjoy an equal playing field and a mind well balanced by fact. Your mind is an extraordinary thing. It is commendable of your father to have saved you, in whatever form he felt he must. But for all that, you are welcome for the help." The woman said, standing so still she almost looked like a statue as she spoke.

The bow was not returned, but it was met with a raised eyebrow and a slight smile that was neither belittling nor amused. She felt clearly that Malia did have an advantage in even knowing information rather than walking ignorant through the world. "There is no truly safe place for you, Malia. You should understand that. But if you wanted to go visit your home, I would not hesitate. You are, after all, the heir to your family... even as you are now." The goddess said softly.

"And as time passes, you'll understand more about the mark you bear now. It is more a mark on your ichor than it is one on your physical form, so do not be disturbed if it fades from your hand as your body rots. The true mark of Treavery is in the eyes... and yours will be forever changed. Learn what you can, Malia, and keep yourself safe. You are right though. You have time. I would use it wisely, gain allies, and plan for the future if you want to exist therein." She said softly, then her form started to fade. It was all but gone in the time it took her soft words to echo over Malia's soul. The very last thing she saw was Tanroa's eyes, ringed with a vivid blue, and fading into nothing leaving Malia alone in the temple once more.

Glav stood at the door, curious but silent, studying Malia with soft concerned eyes.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Malia on February 18th, 2010, 11:53 am

Malia nodded. Tanroa appreciated fair play, so she had made sure that Malia and her enemies possessed equal information. There were no expectations, no plans or missions, she simply had put the scales right so that they were on equal height. Malia understood that for it was similar to her own thinking. Watching without judging. There was no right and wrong, anyway. Even a follower of Ivak she wouldn’t despise. Everyone and everything had its place in the eternal struggle for power, be it for reasons of egoism, justice or whatever. Still Malia felt that she had to thank the Goddess for her help.

She listened to Tanroa’s explanations with interest. So the mark was indeed not bound to her body, but to her very soul and would appear in her eyes … That was relieving, although Malia would have never doubted that a gnosis mark was something that lasted.

Learn as much as she could, keep herself safe … Wise advise Malia had to admit. From that time on she would play a game of strategy and intelligence, a game of who had the more powerful allies, who had the better cards, the most advantages. In so many ways, thoughts about the future reminded Malia of a chess game. Preparation, drawing the right conclusions at the right times and planning infallible strategies were important parts of the game. She would play it – and she was determined to win it, to gain everything her enemy had taken away from her. Perhaps she did it for justice, perhaps for personal vengeance … but she would do it regardless of what she got out of it in the end.

However, the most important advantage she had gained was time. Tanroa’s gift again. Despite the fact that everything would get complicated soon – of which she was well aware –, Malia watched the Goddess vanishing and could not help but smile. Despite the hardship that would dominate her life, she gave a little smile.

She had a mission and would do everything to fulfill it.

Suddenly she noticed the caretaker of the temple standing at the door, unassuming and innocent. Immediately her smile disappeared, and her eyes that were graced with a new blue circle studied him with suspicion. Did he expect something from her? Or was he there because he assumed that she had further questions? It seemed like a lifetime had passed since he had left her alone. He knew more things than her. And Malia, still caught in her plans and things to do, skills to learn, thought that he would perhaps make an useful ally. Of course, it was his own decision; he was a sentient being, but still …

Making a hesitant step towards Glav Malia asked: “Have you met Her in the past?” It sounded strange that she was breaking the silence by speaking about the past – still she felt an echo of Tanroa’s presence in the room –, but she had to do something, anything. And she had the faint idea that he might understand what she had experienced.
Malia
The Remnants

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on February 26th, 2010, 1:08 am

He nodded slightly, a smile suddenly gracing his face. It wasn't a smile of pleasure, it was more a whimsical thing of wondering. "Yes. And in the future to. You will as well, I suspect, if shes willing to mark you. It is as I've already explained to you Malia. I just... wanted to make sure you'd be well and still here afterwards. Sometimes journeying on the River of Time can take its tole and those that leave from one point always do not return to that very same point to continue their lives onward. It seems she watched you well." His own eyes glowed for a moment, a ring of blue around them. Glav was a mystery, someone who's existence perhaps proved to be one of the biggest questions of all. But Malia could tell it wasn't something she was willing to tackle.

Her own questions took precedence in her life - for they lead her on a journey that had always awaited her - from the very moment she took her first breath and her father and his brother smiled upon her newborn face. She had a family. A history. A duty - to stay alive - to fight that which still sought to destroy that which she didn't even know she possessed.

Glav wished he could ease her burden, but he knew he could not. Instead, he had something else for her... something that would help her immensely if she ever got the chance to use it. The priest strode forward and offered her a bundle wrapped in a black piece of silk. If unwrapped, it revealed itself to be a curved jewel encrusted dagger.

"It's called The Kalivant. It's a dagger that... harms Nuits. Do not cut yourself with it... for it does something special. If you pierce the heart of a Nuit with it, the corpse will instantly decay down to nothing in about thirty minutes. If they do not have another corpse to move to, they will die. In the meantime, they are all but useless. Even cutting a nuit with it can cause their flesh around the wound to decay faster. It takes no skill to use, but its a very rare important item, Malia. If it got into the wrong hands, it could really do many nuits a great deal of harm. I know the existence your kind is rare, and you will need something equally rare to dispose of this nemesis. He will attempt to take your life. Worse than that though, he wants you for something more ... something that might be far worse than death. This is the only help I can give you Malia. And there are no more answers I have to the questions you want to ask." He said softly, worried.

"Be careful though. Be very very careful."

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Malia on February 27th, 2010, 8:28 pm

Although she should have expected it, Malia was still a bit surprised when Glav spoke of Her with such a great familiarity. The blue rings in his eyes indicated that they now shared something – a relationship to the Goddess. However, Malia was almost sure that that couldn’t be everything about Glav. Anyway, she memorized his words. Time wasn’t something you could play with. She knew that, but perhaps it was good that he reminded her again. After what had happened … she wasn’t sure anymore.

Observing the caretaker, she realized that he wished to do something for her. Something, anything to help her on her way. Did she deserve that? After all, she had come to the Temple without anything to give, instead carrying a load of unsolved problems with her. Some had been resolved, yes. But Malia, having a deep sense of justice, didn’t want to take and take and take without ever giving anything. It wasn’t right, was it? Even though Glav only did his job.

Anyway, she watched him approaching with a mixture of different feelings. Of course she couldn’t deny what he was about to give to her. Even while unwrapping the object that felt heavy and hard in her hands she observed his expression as if he carried potential job requests on his face. Of course that was ridiculous.

The object revealed itself as a dagger, heavily decorated with jewels. The light of the fire created dancing reflections on the beautiful – and undoubtedly expensive – stones. A breathtaking piece. When Glav spoke, Malia’s dark eyes watched him again. So that was meant as some kind of present? Well, she would have to take it, but she really hoped that she could give something back one day.

After all, obviously the dagger held true power. It was a weapon made for ending the endless existences of the Nuit. As ridiculous as it seemed, Malia didn’t think about Kahnikivas in the first place … but now she wasn’t allowed to abandon her mission. She had to keep and hide the dagger for the moment when she stood in front of the one she wanted to see dead. Nobody deserved a wound from the Kalivant more than him. Nobody would ever face it except for him and his allies.

While carefully covering the precious thing again, she whispered her thanks to Glav. That was a priceless gift. And the only help, but she could accept that. She knew her way and didn’t want to rely on others too much.

Then she raised her gaze and faced Glav again. “You already did more than enough. I am truly grateful.” A small, approving nod was the only sign, but she thought that it was enough. He certainly knew what she meant.

After hesitating a bit, she eventually stepped forward to leave the room. If there was nothing else to be said, she would be at the street and on her own again in a mere chime.

OOCI believe this is the last post. Thank you for this wonderful thread! I really hope to write with you again!
Malia
The Remnants

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on February 28th, 2010, 9:41 am

Malia
Experience: +4 Interrogation
Lore:Nuit Origins, Nuit Creators, Tanroa, Kahnikivas (partial), Medinis Family, Fabric Industry in Karjin
Gnosis: Tanroa’s First Mark
Magic Item: The Kalivant – a gem encrusted dagger that will kill a nuit instantly if it pierces the corpses heart. It does extra damage to their flesh if it cuts them.
Notes: The lore of Medinis family and fabric industry in Karjin was due to the lost memories of Malia coming back. Thank you for the thread. I enjoyed it enormously.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous