Aventis/Atticus - The Non-Sequitorial

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Aventis - The Non-Sequitorial

Postby Nivel on December 5th, 2014, 3:22 pm

okay you gotta admit the last song was good (not the simple plan...they are rightfully terrible)
Also are you sure Snivel should be my nick name...
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Aventis on December 5th, 2014, 5:43 pm

Had to share this with the Guardians of the Galaxy fans

Aventis

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Aventis on December 5th, 2014, 10:49 pm

(17:48:05) Aventis: Ball gets Ball jokes, Archailist gets testicle jokes. Either way they're ill bred humor and male anatomy is nothing to joke over.
(17:48:16) Aventis: Someone please quote me on that.
(17:48:33) Sayana: I didn't know Arch got testicle jokes
(17:48:39) Aventis: ... Damnit I meant nut jokes!
(17:48:45) Aventis facedesks
(17:48:47) Sayana: lol
(17:48:52) Sayana: nuts
(17:49:01) Alses gets horny jokes :P .
(17:49:04) Ball snickers at Aventis

^ When I try to be clever

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Aventis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Balian Martell on December 5th, 2014, 11:16 pm

I watched the entire video. No regrets.
To hunt, you need to know your prey just as well as you know yourself
a
Balians Wilderness Journal
Balian Martell
The young hunter

Words: 113544
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2013, 2:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aventis on December 6th, 2014, 3:40 pm

OOC Bucket List

1. Have someone call me White Chocolate
2. Be quoted professionally
3. Publish at least one work of literature
4. Make futurewife promise to play the sound that Mario makes when he goes into a pipe as I'm lowered into the ground at my funeral
5. Have someone name their child after me
6. Have either an autobiography or a biography someone else has written about me published and sell at least one copy
7. To solve an issue before I go
8. Make someone important to me laugh

"I still remember my grandfather's last words before he kicked the bucket. He looked up at me, true merriment and wonder in his wizened old eyes, and said to me 'Hey, how far do you think I can kick this bucket?'"

Aventis

Aventis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Aventis on December 7th, 2014, 8:32 pm

Dylan

Appearance

Birthday: 16th of Autumn
Birthplace: Berkeley, California
Secret Identity: Aventis of Syliras

Appearance: Dylan is about 5"11 in height and still growing due to his being a minor. He has sharp features and a rough jawline with the kind of smile you can only get with braces. His hair is for the most part unkempt and loose. Due to his mutt-like blood (majority of bloodline heritage being Sicilian, approximately 25%), his hair color seems to change to the color he wants least. When he was little he was blonde and wanted to be a brunette, like his father. He is now in the process of having his blonde hair darken to brown, appearing as if he is incapable of washing his hair despite washing it daily, which sucks. His build is slim, his complexion is pasty, and despite his hard jaw and wide shoulders appears more of a toothpick than anything else. His eyes are a dark brown, nearly black, and his pupils take up the majority of his eyes. He truly looks like a geek, nevermind the fact that he wears the same coat nearly every day, and the same heirloom stocking cap his father gave him when he was young every day regardless of season. Overall, Dylan is geeky.

Character Concept

It's hard to pinpoint who exactly Dylan is. He prides himself on keeping numerous hobbies and habits, spreading his admittedly few talents thin to improve upon multiple fields, his frequents being creative writing, psychology, astronomy, music, performance, and cross country. He does his best to keep a constant chipper attitude, often whistling an upbeat tune as he walks, despite the nearly public opinion that he does it to cope with a broken home life that doesn't exist or depression that he doesn't have.

Character History

Dylan was born to a deadhead biker mother and an artsy musician father, who loved him deeply as their first child. Before the age of two, his parents moved by car to the little state of Connecticut on a two-day road trip, during which time Dylan learned to walk in a hotel hallway and said his first word ("Light").

When Dylan and his family arrived in the little farm town they were to live in, they found themselves in a somewhat humble home. Previously horse stables for the former farmland, Dylan and his family lived in a small shack they called "The Cottage", which was hell for them, and Dylan has fond memories of his father coming home from his work at the hospital a town or so over and bumping his head on the door frame every. single. time. With the addition of Dylan's new baby sister when he was two, the house officially became too small. So about a year later, the family of now four packed up their belongings and waved goodbye to Dylan's grandmother, who was the landlord of the old farm, and moved a little ways upstate to a quiet little music town called Collinsville. There he grew up and went to school, virtually friendless. Until second grade.

It is here where people tell him his story gets sad.

One day, while walking aimlessly around the playground (as per norm), someone started walking with him. Just a shadow at first, Dylan paid no mind to the new presence, not even bothering to look and see who it is. He kept his eyes locked on the gorund until the bell rang and he was called back to class.

The next day, the same thing happened. And Dylan yet again paid no mind. The bell rang and he went to class.

The third day, however, he remembers clearly. The presence had made itself known for the third time. About five minutes in, a question is posed. "Do you have any friends?" It asked. Dylan took a minute. He had never thought about it. He said no, but didn't put much meaning behind it. "I can be your friend." It said again. It was then that Dylan saw her for the first time. She was beautiful. She was quite a bit taller than Dylan was at the time, so he had to look up. She was thin, maybe an inch or two above Dylan, with long, jet black hair running down to her mid back. Her face was slim with a perfect olive complexion, and her gorgeous, deep brown eyes hid themselves behind glasses. She was everything wrong with Dylan turned right. "My name is Mia," she said.

Dylan was awestruck by her.

After that introduction, they were inseparable. Dylan had made his first real friend of his entire life. He loved her with all of his little heart, and she loved him back. For the next year, they had each other at all times, hearbroken whenever one was absent, even going to the point of begging their respective parents to let them go to school when sick just to see each other. But all good things must pass.

Late in his third year of grade school, Dylan was told by his mother that Mia wouldn't be going to school for a very long time. When asked why, he was told that Mia was sick. He asked how sick she was. That was when his mother began to cry.

Mia had a brain tumor.

Dylan didn't know what to do without his second half. He wandered aimlessly and hopelessly alone, now aware of just how much he needed her back. Half a year later his wish was granted. Mia returned. But she hand changed. Not mentally, but a child knows no difference. The radiation treatment left her beautiful raven hair thin and dead, mostly gone from her. Her once thin face was bloated now with medicine, her eyes nearly obscured by her own cheeks. He was supposed to be her rock. She told him she doesn't want anybody else. But Dylan was scared. How could he support her if he couldn't even look at her without breaking down in tears? So he shunned her. Shamefully, he let the ocean of people that had once ignored her due to her popularity. He thought she'd be happy. He learned too late that she was never happy after he left. Later that very same year, the beautiful girl from the playground succumbed to her illness and died surrounded by family, but she didn't die happy, as Dylan found out shortly after her funeral when her little sister approached him by her own will and told him that Mia still hates him.

It broke him.

To this day, Dylan cannot think about her without welling up, but nothing happens afterwards. Dylan has not cried a tear of sadness since her funeral. After her death, Dylan developed something he would later learn is called Alexithymia. It is not a disorder. It is not a disease. It is classified as an undiagnosable personality trait. It means that the subject is ignorant to emotions, sensations, and feelings. The subject cannot make the connection between outside cause and emotional effect. He felt pain, but he didn't know it hurt. He was sad but he didn't know he was sad. His stomach grumbled but he didn't know it meant he was hungry. Slowly, as years progressed, his Alexithymia began to fix itself. He still has remnants of it, but it isn't as bad. Pain is pain. Hunger is hunger. And Dylan's life began to pick up.

He discovered music and passion. He made friends who appreciated his company. Dylan became happy. And he still is.

Language

Fluent Language: English
Basic Language: Spanish
Poor Language: Italian

Skills

Skill Total Proficiency
Acting 20 Novice
Astronomy 42 Competent
Begging 100 Master
Calligraphy -20 Atrocious
Composition 27 Novice
Cooking 6 Can Make Cereal
Philosophy 5 Novice
Instrument: Drums 36 Competent
Weapon: Drumsticks 93 Master
Instrument: Bass Guitar 26 Novice
Instrument: Harmonica N/A Doesn't count
Rhetoric 40 Competent
Running 53 Expert
Seduction 100 Somehow got a girlfriend, so I get 100
Singing 100 Ha that was a joke it's 0
Storytelling 33 Competent
Writing N/A You be the judge

Lores

How to Pun Like a Master
How to Pun Masterfully

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak and Coat (Trailblazer: First PC to have both)
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
-Stocking Cap
100 Gold Mizas

Heirloom: Cotton stocking cap that his father gave him when he was eleven. He loves it like a child.

Housing

House: I am NOT telling you where I live.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM

Aventis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Dieter Hauer on December 10th, 2014, 1:33 am

My submission for Aventis' theme song

Dieter Hauer
Player

Words: 15258
Joined roleplay: October 13th, 2014, 11:20 pm
Character sheet

Postby Autumn Wilde on December 10th, 2014, 6:56 am

This song actually reminds me of Aventis. Don't ask why cause I couldn't tell you. Sorry it took so long in coming :P

In case you were wondering :
This is Autumn's theme song.

Autumn Wilde
Wayward Musician

Words: 53471
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2014, 9:47 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nivel on December 10th, 2014, 6:21 pm

I really enjoyed reading the little character sheet you made for yourself, I should probably do that as well.
My mom also rode motorcycles and my dad is absolutely obsessed with guitars and singing, although my mom is actually quite artistic as well.
the story about your friend was heart breaking, I lost a friend growing up too but she didn't have a disease she had overdosed on painkillers.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Aventis on December 12th, 2014, 1:19 am

My dear gentle, beloved reader, I have an issue.

BAND NAMES. Pain in the ass, huh? Yeah. Well. My last one broke up. We're getting another together soon. So I need your help, Mister Miss or Missus Reader, to help me choose one.

1. Bird's Eye View
2. Left Hand Forward
3. Warden
4. Mary Shelley's
5. Fiefs and Vassals
6. Lionheart and Saladin
7. Prize and Punishment
8. Beyond That
9. Defenestration
10. Lady of the Lake

Please, I beg you, tell me if you prefer one of these. If the most popular of them is chosen as the bandname, then... Um... I'll post a music video. There is your incentive. Vote! Vote, dear readers! Vote!

Aventis

Aventis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

PreviousNext