[Scribe's Office - Sedge] Changing the World into Words

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within this forum, all Storytellers of any level may feel free to create their office threads. These threads are then used for active thread lists, XP requests, and other communications that aren't necessarily PM required.

Moderators: Junior Storytellers, Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Scribes, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

[Scribe's Office - Sedge] Changing the World into Words

Postby Sedge on December 6th, 2014, 10:33 pm

Welcome to my office! As a Scribe, my purview is the World Development forum and all things related thereunto, including the creation of lore articles -- but most especially promoting and coordinating player contributions to the lore.

I cannot help you with any of the following:

• Developing gnosis lore, new magics, races, cities, gods, or any other articles of that sort, unless you have already secured Founder permission to do such development.
  • Developing city locations, NPCs, or anything else highly specific, narrowly focused, and above all most appropriately posted within a domain forum. Talk to your local STs about these.
  • Approving character sheets, granting jobs or wages, modding threads, grading threads, or anything else relating to IC everyday affairs. Again, I refer you to your local STs.

In contrast, these are the things I can and will most gladly do:

• Maintain a catalog of wanted, abandoned, in-progress, and completed lore articles
  • Answer questions relating to lore articles and their development
  • Coordinate volunteers in writing lore articles
  • Collaborate on article development and drafting
  • Provide feedback on any article draft, regardless of its state
  • Help with wiki code and conversion of articles from forum to wiki format
  • Write lore articles with relevance to the game at large

Please do NOT post to this office any requests for me (or anyone else) to develop specific lore articles. There is a wishlist in Lore Discussion for those. Please DO feel free to post here or PM me if you are interested in developing a lore article yourself, even -- especially! -- if you have exactly no idea how to go about it. I would love to help you along the road to becoming a Lore Author!

Yes, you.

That skill writeup you really wish you could reference? That summoning world or monstrous creature or player's guide that would be a great boon to your RP? You can write it. You should.

Think about it. Brainstorm a little. Then let's talk about how to make it happen. In the meantime, I offer you an inspirational quote:

The true alchemists do not change lead into gold;
they change the world into words.

William H. Gass, A Temple of Texts

Image Image Image
Sedge
Scrivener

Words: 34531
Joined roleplay: November 15th, 2014, 6:37 pm
Race: Human
Office
Scrapbook