Article Wishlist

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Article Wishlist

Postby Vellichor on December 26th, 2014, 9:06 pm

Article Wishlist

Welcome to the Article Wishlist! This is the place to bring your requests for development. The goal of this list is to give present and future lore authors a sense of what is most wanted for the game, and to help prioritize development towards things which more immediately benefit RP. Requests posted here will be added to the 'Wanted Article' list in the Article Index.

Guidelines for posting wishes:

1. Do NOT wish for Founder-reserved topics such as magics, gnosis, gods, etc. Please limit requests to articles which can be developed through the World Development forum without needing special permission. See also the Guidelines for Lore Creation.
  2. Do NOT wish for broad categories of articles, such as 'more skills' or 'more worlds'. Please request a single, specific subject that can be written up as a distinct article.
  3. Do NOT wish for topics that are already under development; check the Article Index first. However, you may post wishes for currently abandoned articles.
  4. Please wish for only ONE article per post, and do not spam the list with wishes in immediate succession. You may post in support of a wish someone else has already made.
Vellichor
Promoting weapons of mass creation

Words: 25755
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2016, 3:09 am
Race: Staff account

Article Wishlist

Postby Colt on December 27th, 2014, 9:20 pm

I would really like to see an article exclusively on the Zeltivan navy; trade relations, how many ships and sailors they have at their disposal, wage differences between a captain and a cabin boy, what competition they have with non-Zeltivan traders, how they see pirates, if privateers are a regular thing for them, etc. Also, it'd be really cool to see how they relate to Svefra.

I think that there is a depressing lack of naval roleplay on the site. As a fan of naval history myself, I think that developing the Zeltivan navy as a legitimate way of life for anyone that wants to make a sailor PC would open up a whole new platform for storytelling that has been previously overlooked. Sailing is not an easy job; it's uncomfortable, it's repetitive, it's dangerous, and, when talking about a paying government, the larger the navy means smaller the wage for the average sailor. I would love to see new information given on sea livelihoods in general, and I think it could be a powder keg for new ideas and development.
“Pavi” | Grassland Sign | “Common” | “Tukant” | Nura
Colt
Miss Communication

Words: 943625
Joined roleplay: August 8th, 2011, 6:38 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Advocate (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Article Wishlist

Postby Ila on January 26th, 2015, 3:15 am

I would really like the Scavenge/Salvage skill stub to be worked upon? If that would be possible at all?

The reason I'd like this is because it seems a really quite interesting skill, but I can't work out what it actually includes
I have it listed in Ila's skills, but I'm really relying on storytellers to notice what is actually salvaging

I would write this myself, however I don't feel as though I understand the topic to expand on what is already there
Common || Symenos || Fratava
Thoughts
Ila
Player

Words: 9946
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2014, 10:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Article Wishlist

Postby Zhol on February 8th, 2015, 9:47 am

I would like to see an expansion of the Trade Routes article, and/or a separate article detailing how trade works.

A few of the cities I've roleplayed in have their own individual information on how trade works, but it doesn't necessarily always line up and agree with each other, and it's often buried in amongst the information threads in specific forums, instead of collected in one place. For example - Wind Reach has a lot of information about wind eagle trade routes to other cities, but because it's buried in the Wind Reach forums, people in Lhavit or Syliras might not necessarily know/realise/acknowledge that there is a wind eagle showing up every X days. Ravok and Sunberth both have a lot of activity and potential for activity based around their docks, and there's all sorts of potential for smuggling and theft, but things can be a bit vague on what you might be able to successfully steal, and from where. (the lack of Travel times by sea is part and parcel of this too, I suppose)

There's a layer of potential connectivity between some of our cities, and it might open up some cool opportunities if there was a little more definition on what form that connectivity takes - even if all it does is add a bit of detail and variety to people's stories / random NPC encounters / etc.
Zhol
Carry on, wayward son.

Words: 710796
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2014, 4:45 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Article Wishlist

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on November 13th, 2015, 5:17 pm

I would like to see articles on the major/minor battles that Syliras had gotten involved with.

A history of each and every Knight/ Sergeant Knight would be good to see. :)

I do not know if these would be acceptable requests, but I don't mind the responses that others might give if these might be wrong.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Article Wishlist

Postby Shimoje on April 24th, 2016, 5:27 pm

I will work on the trade routes and making a chart specific to every city concerning the travel times by sea, and also detail what ships arrive to what ports. This is a hefty research process so it might take some time, and lots of simple math, but I will tackle it!

I have also tackled the scavenging skill as suggested here as well.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes