Introductory Post by Vreynor Stormshard

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Vreynor on November 28th, 2014, 6:24 pm

Hi guys,

My name is Vreynor Stormshard. Most people just call me "Vrey" for short, though. I'm new here - obviously. My only experience prior to coming here, is on iOS Devices, which - to say the least - is much more lackadaisical than this, so don't expect my posts to be as pristine and concise as all of yours. Of course, I'll be pushing myself to do as well as you all.

I found Mizahar a long time ago online; can't remember how, now that I think about it. But I was reading lore on and off for a long time before registering. As far as RP goes, I enjoy playing the role of the behind-the-scenes, guile threat; the one you trust who stabs you in the back. The maniacal sociopath, if you will. Y'know, the cool guys - the Heath Ledger's. As such, I prefer writing in tense situations and enjoy conniving and plotting against others. I have little experience with physical battle-posting, so I'm not a fan of that, simply because of my lack of experience...

As of now, I am astounded and in awe over the detail and meticulous planning put into Mizahar's lore and history. As stated, I've only ever dabbled in iOS PbP-RP, and that was very laid-back, casual, and improvised. This, however, is something far more elaborate, and it kind of blows my mind. Contrarily, it has been overwhelming for me to try and adjust to this magnitude of RP. There's a lot of planning, thinking, and reading that goes into it - not that I mind it, just that it's unfamiliar. I'm used to having "on-a-whim" RP sessions with people who wrote one to two paragraph posts, and everything being entirely improvised.

If I were to take one thing away from Mizahar, it would be a better understanding of what it means to RP literately. I felt, before, as though I was among the "elite" solely because - in my environment - having more than 500 words was considered exemplary. So I would like to enhance and improve to the tier of what Mizahar writers operate at, daily. Nothing, I mean nothing, on this website needs to be expanded; it's already so humongous!

Anyway, I'm glad to be here, can't wait to start, and will see you all on the flip side! Thank you for taking the time to read this post!

Respectfully Yours,

Vreynor Stormshard
Vreynor
Player

Words: 3970
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2014, 9:52 pm
Race: Human

Postby Kailily Sinclair on December 18th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Lol nice to meet you I love villainous characters myself they have a lot more appeal to me, I could go on for days about which ones and why lol but there's only so much time In a given day.

And In this website you have a vast array of tools to do that.

Anyway I wish you the best of luck on your rp adventure, and if you need help with anything feel free to drop me a line and ask :)
Shout out to Aventis for helping with my avatar. :)
Kailily Sinclair
Life Hack 101

Words: 13672
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2014, 10:38 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Journal
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Rosela on December 22nd, 2014, 3:34 pm

Welcome, welcome! Always lovely to see more dark characters around. Looks like you're starting out in Syliras - keep an eye on those Knights if you're going to be up to anything shady!

Good luck out there and have fun! There is indeed a ton of lore to read, so if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or pretty much anyone; we're all happy to help :)

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)