The Ironworks: A Better Career (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

The Ironworks: A Better Career (Open)

Postby Orion Lorgan on November 25th, 2009, 5:22 pm

Late Fall, 509 AV

The door to The Ironworks opened wide to reveal Orion, glancing about in the darker interior to see whom was in. Only a couple individuals were within, including Ros Vizerian. Grinning, Orion stepped in and pulled back his hood, heading over towards Ros. Once close enough, Ros returned his grin. "Back again Orion?"

Orion nodded. "As always Ros. I need to buy some better weapons, as I lost my last few when I..." He coughed, changing the subject. Ros grinned at his discomfort, shrugging in reply. "What do you need?" Orion thought for a moment before leaning forward. "I need a assassin's dagger and a pair of throwing daggers, maybe a knuckleduster as well if you have one my size..." Ros considered for a moment before heading into the back. A few minutes later, he returned with a small bundle. Unrolling it, he revealed Orion's stated items. "Here they are, and in good condition too. That'll be 7 gold mizas."

Orion nodded, pulling out 7 of the gold-rimmed coins and sliding them across the counter, while Ros gave 5 silver-rimmed coins back. "Good doing business again with you Orion. Don't get caught..." Orion chuckled as he rolled the bundle back up and left, shutting the door behind him and turning into a nearby alley. Quickly unrolling the bundle and sliding the daggers into their respective places in his belt and boots, then quickly stashed the knuckleduster into his belt pouch. Glancing about to make sure he wasn't observed, he headed down the alley-way towards the inner city, on another errand.

(( If anyone wishes, they can join in on this, maybe seeing Orion leave or enter, whatever. If not, Im going to be making one more topic somewhere else in the city...)
"A good defense is a good offense." -General George S. Patton

"I have a rendezvous with Death. At some disputed barricade, it may be He shall take my hand, and lead me into His dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath. I have a rendezvous with Death. And I to my pledged word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous." Part of 'Rendezvous with Death' by Alan Seeger
Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Words: 9507
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Re: The Ironworks: A Better Career (Open)

Postby Gossamer on November 25th, 2009, 6:28 pm

A smirk crossed the lips of a very lovely woman who lounged in the darkness seemingly unconcerned by the isolation of the alley and the dangers it would normally pose. Her smokey gray eyes watched the man pause with his purchases and slip them into various places on his person. Cute. The woman grinned, mischief crossing her features, as her quick eyes accessed the man and the way he moved. Good thieves, the really good ones, moved with a careless grace that wasn't ever learned, but that came naturally. Balance, for them, was not important because it never crossed their mind to worry about where they placed their feet - they just always inherently placed them correctly.

The man was pretty, far prettier than she liked them, through he ruined his looks by the lack of attention to his scruffy appearance. He looked as though he might remember to shave, probably when his beard got so long it itched. And though his body was catlike, there was no purposelessness in his stroll that say a kelvic might have. He definitely was going somewhere.

Hrm.

In an instant she made a decision. Stepping forward, she moved into the light and out of the shadows. Dressed non-nondescriptly in black and gray leather, the woman's face was concealed by a matching cloak hood that kept her face still in the shadows even though the cloak gaped enough to show she was dressed for war beneath it.

"You should be more discrete. Hiding in alleys and arming up .... a true thief would have had his weapons concealed before he ever left Ros' place. Now, are you late for something or do you have time to talk business? My Mistress has a task for you."
The woman said, her gray eyes lighting up with delight. Her Mistress' tasks were always interesting, though not without risk, and for a moment Damia wondered just what exactly the Lady's purpose was behind asking this one to do it rather than one of her other loyal subjects. Damia's voice was silky smooth, soft, the type you wanted to hear your name spoken in. Her tone held promise and an edge of playfulness, while the matching gaze was bold and unconcerned.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Orion Lorgan on November 26th, 2009, 2:05 am

As Orion was just turning to leave, he saw motion at the edge of his vision. Turning back around calmly to face the woman, he eyed her carefully. Unable to see her face, he looked over her figure slowly. She obviously was lovely and very dangerous, if not taken seriously. Grinning slightly, he leaned againest the wall of the alley-way. "Well when I'm wanted both here and in a couple nearby towns, I don't like being seen, especially by the information broker I happened to see inside there... Luckily I'm not known well by looks. If I armed myself in there, he would have alerted the nearby guardsmen that someone armed and possibly deadly was in the city within minutes of me leaving... And yes, I have somewhere to be... We'll discuss your Mistresses business later..."

Orion crossed his arms, eying the woman carefully again. She was obviously dangerous, though she was lovely from what he could tell. Wishing he could see her face, he mentally shrugged and returned his attention to assessing her. She was armed, though with what exact weapon he couldn't identify. He would have a guess at a knife or possibly some sort of hidden blade. And her voice... Definitely a pretty one, one of the most beautiful he'd heard ever. Though as beautiful as it was, it let off a alarm bell in his mind once again to keep his distance. Turning to leave, he headed down the alley-way and turned the corner, out of sight.

((Revised.))
Last edited by Orion Lorgan on November 27th, 2009, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I have a rendezvous with Death. At some disputed barricade, it may be He shall take my hand, and lead me into His dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath. I have a rendezvous with Death. And I to my pledged word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous." Part of 'Rendezvous with Death' by Alan Seeger
Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Character sheet

Postby Orion Lorgan on November 27th, 2009, 12:52 am

(( Don't want to be pushy as I know your a busy mod, but just wanna make sure this thread isn't pushed down too deep... Just making sure, take your time. ))

Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Character sheet