Refracted Light (By Ornea)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Sal Mander on December 15th, 2014, 5:42 am

Feeling nostalgic this week. The old videos in this song remind me of family back home, and the vacations we used to take. Music suits the video perfectly.

Last edited by Sal Mander on January 18th, 2015, 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sal Mander
Azenth

Words: 287206
Joined roleplay: January 14th, 2014, 1:40 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Ornea on December 17th, 2014, 2:11 pm

Ice vs Fire

Loving this. Real life is amazing and full of sense of wonder. I wish all people would have nice family memories to feel nostalgic about.

Your post made me think of my own childhood holdidays. There’s one trip I remember extra much right now, as it includes refusing ice cold baths :rolleyes:
We travelled to the north, not far from the arctic sea. It was all about ship and sea. I have been out in small fishing boats and even row boats on the open sea between the islands. I was only a small girl of eleven years but I walked like a giant through forests of the knee high little gnarled pines that were the only trees there, wore a traditional knitted black and white woolen sweater on the beach, and refused to bath.

And the eternal sun of summer shone over us night and day and never set.

"The last of it" isn't written yet ... :
There’s also an IC story to tell.

Once upon a time there was an azenth working at the cosmos center. Among other things he was involved in there in Lhavit, he investigated a rumor about an Inarta who had said things about the weaknesses of Lhavit. She was said to have pointed out weak spots that could cause a lot of trouble for the city if something bad happened to them. The water supply was one of those weak spots and as the inarta was working at the firm in charge of the infrastructure, the potential threat seemed serious enough to earn an investigation.

The first attempt failed. No immediate information or evidence could be found and at first the outcome could seem very dampening indeed. Would this mean cancelling the investigation, or would new reasons appear to pick it up again, with renewed zeal, and maybe also some unorthodox methods ? And is the man on a complete fools errand, or is there substance in the rumors that an unknown danger can be around?

This remains to be seen. The next step can only be revealed by said cosmos center investigator and azenth, Sal Mander, as it’s his turn to do something, in several threads where he now rules supreme over all the buckets and cold baths, on life and death, literally ... To Be Continued

Ornea
Player

Words: 354504
Joined roleplay: September 17th, 2014, 11:03 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sal Mander on December 17th, 2014, 6:00 pm

Sexy pyrotechnics! Holy crap! The Dusk Tower in Lhavit should use that for a reimancy recruiting commercial, hehe.

And nice way of saying, "Hurry up and post Sal," :p

Your giant like roam through the diminutive forest reminds me of a model village my dad used to take me when I was much younger. As for the happy memories, I guess I used to take for granted that not everyone gets to look back on life and find joy there. I'm especially appreciative these days as I only got to see my parents for the first time in almost four years last month. It's very true that you don't know what you have until it's gone.
Last edited by Sal Mander on January 18th, 2015, 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sal Mander
Azenth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

Postby Ornea on January 4th, 2015, 2:23 pm

A fairy tale inside

During the holidays I stumbled over live performance art by Kseniya Simonova. The sense of wonder is sky high and it’s amazing to watch it. Some of it is done with colors, but many of her painting performances are done with sand. They are living pictures in constant change and at the end of the performance they are over and gone, like dreams disappear when you wake up.

I’m posting this one here. It’s for Mizahar and for a good new year.

Ornea
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sal Mander on January 19th, 2015, 5:15 am

Your scrapbook has been a little too quiet, so here's something to start the week with. I wonder, what kind of feelings does this song evoke in you? I have the song, so this youtube video is the first time I've watched it with images. I think for the most part the pictures work well, although in my head it was always one house and one tree in particular that I thought of.

Also, the very last image, to me anyway, was just a little too creepy.

Sal Mander
Azenth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

Postby Ornea on January 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm

Summer

But I wasn’t quiet, Sal. I was only pining for the fjords ;)

Spontaneously I simply felt it was nice that you wanted to share the music. And more ... hmmm...it’s a wee bit bittersweet with the shifts between minor and major and the lyrics too, so it triggers a mix of happy memories and a slight streak of melancholy. Some of the pictures of the small houses by the sea especially reminded me of places where I spent my summers for a while.

It made me think I ought to go there in spring or summer and visit people I haven't seen for a couple of years.

This is actually a nice thing to think of this winter’s day.

Ornea
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ornea on February 12th, 2015, 11:25 pm

Ornea
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ornea on February 21st, 2015, 1:26 pm

Salute!

A salute to creativity, intelligence, integrity, courage and spine!

Jane: Fire Water, Earth and Air :
Last edited by Ornea on September 6th, 2016, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ornea
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ornea on March 3rd, 2015, 6:48 am

Spring break

Spring is incoming and real life is getting more and more busy, as it always seems to be this time of the year. I also feel I have used some of the ideas I started up with, and now I need time to think more of the storyline and develop new plots for this character.

She will be on the backburner this season; right now I'm content to just complete the winter threads, think and plan.

Ornea
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ornea on May 26th, 2015, 11:46 am

Prolonged inactivity

I'll not be active in Mizahar in the summer season of 515 AV.

I will likely update the ledger, put my PC in a city registry and set up a bunch of placeholders. But I'm not going to write. I have too much on my plate at the moment and other things take precedence.
Ornea
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

PreviousNext