PM to join Shall I Pet You?(Kendhl)

The ghostly trio meets a ghostly...human?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Shall I Pet You?(Kendhl)

Postby Shiyami on January 13th, 2015, 8:00 pm

Shiyami smiled at the barrage of questions brought forth by the younger ghost. "My, aren't you a curious one?", he said with a small laugh, before answering the questions one by one.

"As a ghost, we are not solid, like this dock, or those of the living. We can go through walls, floors, just about anything, baring special circumstances.", he explained, while having the older of his two companions demonstrated by slipping downwards through the docks, until only her head was visible.

"...now onto the next question.", the ghost continued, ignoring the somewhat morbid joke from his companion. "As ghosts, our bodies are not made of the usual materials of the living. We have no blood, nor flesh, but instead we have what is called soulmist. By using your soulmist, you can affect the material world, say to push or pull, or lift something up.", along with his explanation, Shiyami looked around, before noticing a coil of rope tied to the dock. Extending a tendril of his soulmist, he lifted one end of it up, before allowing it to drop again.

Sighing as he pondered over the next question in the line, Shiyami could only explain it. "This might answer two questions at the same time. As ghosts, we can move and interact with the material world with our soulmist, but we can also touch the living by Materializing ourselves. However, like utilizing our soulmist, it drains us of energy, like how the living wold tire by lifting heavy objects. Also, depending on how powerful you are, your touch can range from just a prickly, cool sensation, to a blistering frostbite feel.", he explained

With the other questions, it caused the ghost to frown, more so because he was less knowledgable on this topics. "As far as I know...the dead stays dead. I do not know what happens if we pass on, but I'm no exactly inclined to find out anytime soon.", he said with a laugh, before thinking again. "As ghosts, we have no need for the needs of the living. The need to eat, sleep, drink, stay healthy. None of that afflicts us.", he started to say, before pausing to glance at Kimi, who looked away innocently. "However, a ghost can eat soulmist, created from a Spiritist, or bitten off from another ghost...", he finished his explanations with a clap of his hands.

However, there was a more important question that was asked of him. Seems to be a more personal question of Kendhl's, since she had asked in a more quiet and seemingly serious voice too. "Love huh....", Shiyami could only mutter, before looking up at the sky. "Well, we can still think, and mentally feel, just the same way the living can. Sadness, anger, fear, those can be felt by ghosts. What is to say love is different? Likewise, as a Kelvic, your bonds are not just material, but immaterial as well.", he explained, before resigning himself with a sigh. "Although I can't say I'm speaking from experience here. I have maternal feelings for the little ones, but as for loving another as an equal.....", he muttered, shrugging as he left his sentence off.

Mentally shaking himself of his musings, he turned his attention back upon the kelvic ghost. "Have I cleared up the confusion regarding ghosts that you might have?
Shiyami
See if I have given you a nickname here!
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Words: 125205
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:29 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Shall I Pet You?(Kendhl)

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on January 20th, 2015, 3:11 am

Kendhl drank in the answers to her questions, her gaze fixed on Shiyami as he spoke. Everything had made sense except the Kelvic part, though. Instead of satisfying her curiosity, it only created more questions. The Kelvic decided to mull over them herself, sinking into her thoughts.

Okay, so if the bond isn't just material, it could still be there. But if I hadn't come back as a ghost, would it still exist? Is it because I'm a ghost it might still exist? Mama never said anything about bonds, really. Was Mama even bonded to my dad? I should try to find her one day. I miss Mama, and the twins.

I should go looking for them, yeah. Soon, maybe. But I can't leave Gale, can I? Maybe I could take him with! But he's kind of attached to Zeltiva... I should try to convince him. He could meet Mama! And she might know where the twins are. They might even be with her. She might've even found Papa again.

Upon realizing her train of thought had gone completely off-track, the ghost moved like she was shaking off water in her otter shape. She turned back to the ancient spirit. "Yeah! Sorry about that. I kind of drifted away just then."

She had mixed feelings about his answers, now. Kendhl stood and, instead of pacing once more, she turned towards the city. Her back was to Shiyami, clasping one wrist in the opposite hand at the base of her spine. The petite girl looked over her shoulder at the trio.

"I think I'm gonna go. I need time to process all of this. My grave is by Mirahil Pass, if you're looking for me. I'll probably be there. Thanks for answering my questions, Shiyami. It helped a lot."

Kendhl unclasped her wrist and walked back towards the city, her head bent and eyes locked on the ground. It had certainly been interesting, talking to him. She'd have to seek him out another time.

Common - Fratava
Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Words: 52800
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 11:51 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Shall I Pet You?(Kendhl)

Postby Shiyami on January 23rd, 2015, 6:13 am

Shiyami smiled as he watched the kelvic ghost musing through his answers. She had seemed to be in rather deep thoughts, as she had to forcefully shake herself, akin to an animal coming indoors from the rain, and confirmed by her words moments after the motion.

Seeing as the kelvic had stood up and faced the city, Shiyami mentally sighed. He had managed to answer her questions, even though he himself, despite being a ghost, was somewhat lacking in the knowledge of his own race. Most of his knowledge came from what he heard and read, combined with the intuitive feel for his own soulmist.

As he watched Kendhl walk back towards the city, Shiyami sighed once again, this one audible compared to the last. Noticing the inquisitive glance from his companions, the ghost shook his head lightly, before staring at the cloudy sky. "It seems that, in teaching someone, even the teacher has ways to go. Answering the questions of others causes you to question yourself.", he said, his gaze almost one of longing.

With the older of his companions only sighing while shaking her head at the words, and the younger tilting her head in confusion, Shiyami waved it off, muttering "Nothing, just pointless musings.", before standing up. They should be leaving too, else the scenery of ice would bore him too quickly. The ghost turned around and followed the path towards the centre of the city, with his two companions following one after another behind him.

OOCThanks for RP'ing with me! Let's do it again sometime!
Shiyami
See if I have given you a nickname here!
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Words: 125205
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:29 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Shall I Pet You?(Kendhl)

Postby Perplexity on March 9th, 2015, 9:47 pm

You have played well, but the game is at an end.

You have been bested. Beaten. Checkmate!

However, here is a consolation prize: a wealth of Experience and Lores! If you have any questions or concerns regarding this grade, please do not hesitate to send me a PM. I'll be more than happy to assist you!

Shiyami
XP
  • Soulmist Projection | +1 EXP
LORES
  • Kendhl: Newly Deceased Ghost
    Materialization: Can Be Used To Alter Appearance
MISCELLANEOUS
  • Shiymai, you can’t tell at a glance how powerful a ghost is or not. That’s something that has to be tested or revealed to you by direct questioning. You don't just know it because you know it. Now, what you can gauge upon first meeting is mood based on approachability, attitude, and greeting. Also, you have a grand total of 0 lores in regards to Morphing. How exactly do you know anything about the magic?

Kendhl
XP
  • Materialization | +1 EXP
LORES
  • Materializing: It Can Be Exhausting
    Shiyami, Kichijou, Kimi: Fellow Ghosts in Zeltiva
    Materialization: Can Be Used To Alter Appearance
    Ghosts: Can Move Through Solid Objects
    Ghosts: Can Move Objects By Projecting Soulmist
MISCELLANEOUS
  • N/A

Until Our Next Match,