[Verified by Jupiter] Kendhl Pilkvist

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Kendhl Pilkvist

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on July 15th, 2013, 4:03 am

Kendhl Pilkvist

Race: Ghost (Previously sea otter Kelvic)
Birthday: Spring 76th, 508 AV
Birthplace: Alvadas
Age at Death: Five years! But I look twenty in human form.
Date of Death: 89th of Summer, 513 AV

Appearance: Kendhl has short hair, which she dyed herself. The ends on one side are red. It's always tousled, either by her own hands or the saltwater and ocean wind. Her smile is bright and her sharp canines show. She has pale skin and eyes, which remind one of a whirling storm when troubled. Her eyebrows are prominent in a feminine way that only enhances her attractiveness. She is about 5'3.5 (1.61m) and weighs roughly 116lbs(52.6kg).

In her otter form, Kennie is about three feet from nose to tail tip. She's maybe half a foot at the shoulder on all fours, and has a cream-colored face and dark brown, almost black fur. She weighs roughly fifty pounds.

Character Concept

Dead
Kendhl is connected to the world of the living by two ways: Love and revenge. Her bondmate, Gale, was with her when she died and the strength of their bond kept her soul from disappearing into the reincarnation cycle, even though it dissolved when her life ended.

The second reason is the one Kendhl is not aware of yet. The half-wolf Kelvic that killed her is still alive and roaming the Wildlands, and once she discovers that it's alive she will most likely stop at nothing until she finds and kills it.

Living
Kendhl is a free spirit. She loves the sea, and spends time with the Svefra as much as she can. There is rarely a moment you will see her not smiling or laughing, even if it's only in her eyes. She's playful almost to the point of being annoying, but she knows when to be serious. Kendhl is a sharp girl, but not very educated. She notices little things, like the change in the wind or the tides. The Kelvic doesn't hide her feelings, and is quite friendly. Her affections are never secret, and she'll tell someone if she's attracted to them. She could be described as clingy. One word to describe her? Blunt.

She has a way of getting to people and staying in their thoughts long after they've ceased talking. Some may say it's her infectious happy-go-lucky attitude, and others might comment that she was simply too annoying to forget. Either way, they remember her. She can be slightly cocky and arrogant at times, and is a bit of a gambler. She's hopeless at it though. Her favorite games are guessing ones, and she bets a few silver Mizas that she'll win. Another aspect is that she's sometimes assumed to be vain due to her near-constant grooming, but she claims it's what otters do.

Character History
Ken was one of the rarer happenings of a Kelvic giving birth to another Kelvic of its kind. Her mother was an otter Kelvic, as were her two brothers. They lived in separate rafts, of course, but always kept close. She liked spending time with her brothers, since they were the more rambunctious of their raft. She always favored the Svefra too, and swam alongside their boats for as long as she could. She's a very strong swimmer even in human form. And for how she got her name, her Svefra father named her. She doesn't remember much about him, except for wind-tangled hair, wild eyes and a laughing smile.

Fun Facts
-Her happiness and bold attitude is just a mask.
-She can't write anything except her name, which is a step above unreadable.
-Doesn't care about status.
-Fidgets when someone looks at her for too long.
-Plays with her ear-ring when she gets bored or uncomfortable.
-Her greatest fear is drowning.
-Loves to listen to stories.
-Stands with one leg supporting all of her weight and hands on one hip.
-Prefers flight rather than fight.
-Easily susceptible to panic when scared.
-Inspects her nails and cleans them out when she lies.
-Loves sleeping in.
-Can't stand depressed people; She'll try to cheer them up.
-Almost unbearably annoying to perpetually grumpy people.
-Loves the color blue.
-Puts on a smile when she gets angry.
-Laughs at others' pain.
-Low tolerance of alcohol.
-Enjoys holding hands with people.
-Looks people in the eyes when they're talking to her.
-Short attention span.
-Both hates and fears spiders.
-Freaks out if something lands on her, like a lizard.

Nicknames
-Bob (Gale McCenry)
-Vagik (Wart)
Last edited by Kendhl Pilkvist on February 27th, 2015, 12:55 am, edited 34 times in total.
Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Words: 52800
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 11:51 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Kendhl Pilkvist

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on July 15th, 2013, 4:19 am

Language

Fluent Language: Common, Musteline (Racial, no longer applicable)
Basic Language: Fratava (Able to speak some phrases, understands a good bit of the language)
Poor Language: Char (Unable to speak, can only understand)

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Dance 8 SP 8/100 Novice
Fishing 18 SP 18/100 Novice
Foraging 10 RB 10/100 Novice
Materialization 10 XP 10/100 Novice
Medicine 1 XP 1/100 Novice
Observation 5 XP 5/100 Novice
Socialization 6 XP 6/100 Novice
Soulmist Projection 7 XP 7/100 Novice
Swimming 26 SP 26/100 Competent

Lores

1. Lore of Svefra Culture
2. Lore of Coastline Terrain for Zeltiva
3. Ricky Maze and His Family
4. Ricky is a Member of the Wave Guard
5. Requirements to Become a Wave Guard
6. First Time in the Forest!
7. A... Grave, in the Forest?
8. An Awkward Kiss
9. I Love Gale
10. Attacked by Dogs in a Forest
11. What It's Like to be Hunted
12. I'm Going to Die
13. Dying
14. Location: Kelp Bar
15. Location: Fish Market
16. Location: Mirahil Pass
17. Going Right Through Someone
18. Ricky's Wife Was Pregnant
19. Death: It's Hard To Accept
20. Ghost: Blinking
21. Materialization: By Force of Will
22. Ricky's Past: An Illness Cured
23. Gale's Past: An Attempt at Suicide
24. Gale's Past: "Loveless"
25. Gale: Marked by Priskil
26. Martin: Ricky and Telion's Baby
27. Fishing: Catching A Fish By The Tail
28. Medicine: Checking For Broken Ribs
29. The Beach Bonfire, Summer 513
30. The Events Following Death
31. Gale: Left Handed
32. Gale: Selfish Son of a Whore
33. Soulmist Project: The Slap
34. Materializing: It Can Be Exhausting
35. Shiyami, Kichijou, Kimi: Fellow Ghosts in Zeltiva
36. Materialization: Can Be Used To Alter Appearance
37. Ghosts: Can Move Through Solid Objects
38. Ghosts: Can Move Objects By Projecting Soulmist
39. Home: Where I Was Laid To Rest
40. Death: A State of Static
41. Ricky: The Oddity of His Voice

Possessions*

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
465 Gold Mizas

Heirloom: Her left ear is pierced at the top and a carved wooden ringImage is inserted through it; the ring was her father's.

Housing

House: Ken lives in a cave that she found after exploring the coastline of Mathews Bay. It has an underwater tunnel that only an otter of her stature can get through. She carried torches and wood through it and let it dry, and uses dried kelp and seaweed for kindling. Half of it is submerged at high tide, and the less-wet half she lives on. It's large enough to accomodate her human form, and she stores her clothing just outside of the cave high enough to avoid it getting wet at high tide too. At low tide, she's able to carry things through the tunnel without soaking them while in her otter form.

Now being a ghost, Kendhl's possessions are difficult if not impossible to access, unless a strong swimmer or a fellow flying/swimming Kelvic goes to fetch them.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Cashed-in Housing +500 GM 600 GM
Summer 513 Living Expenses (Common) -135 GM 465 GM
Fall 513 - Winter 513 Living Expenses (Inactive) -0 GM 465 GM
Spring 514 Living Expenses (Ghost) -0 GM 465 GM
Summer 514 - Fall 514 Living Expenses (Inactive) -0 GM 465 GM

Note to STsSince Kendhl is a ghost now, I won't be putting her living expenses on a ledger. She still has mizas, but for now they are inaccessible in her cave.

Thread List

Day of Season, Year AV Name Status
20th of Summer, 513 AV Killing The Craves Graded
65th of Summer, 513 AV A Day at the Docks Graded
68th of Summer, 513 AV Beach Bonfire Bonanza Graded
89th of Summer, 513 AV I Hate Dogs Graded
80th of Spring, 514 AV So Close Yet So Far Graded
5th of Winter, 514 AV Cairn of Lies Graded
5th of Winter, 514 AV The Courage to Forgive Graded
6th of Winter, 514 AV A Long-Overdue Thanks Submitted for Grading
9th of Winter, 514 AV Shall I Pet You? Graded
30th of Winter, 514 AV Where the Lines Overlap Graded
42nd of Winter, 514 AV Dance, Dance In Progress

* Her possessions are stored in a niche located near her cave in Mathews Bay.
Last edited by Kendhl Pilkvist on March 20th, 2015, 5:32 pm, edited 40 times in total.
Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Kendhl Pilkvist

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on July 15th, 2013, 3:08 pm

Kennie's Thoughts

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Kendhl Pilkvist. K-E-N-D-H-L, 'Ken-dull'.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? Ken or Kennie.
3. How old are you? Five years!
4. What is your height? Five foot three-and-a-half!
5. What is your weight? Why, a lady never tells!

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. Cute, of course. I guess I'm pretty smart, too, but not in a school kind of way.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. Probably a lil' too carefree.
3. What is your favorite body feature? My hair.
4. How physically fit are you? I'm a swimmer, so I'm pretty fit.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? What I can find, I'll wear. I keep my shirt and trousers by my cave, though.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? I don't remember my father, but I know he was Svefra. Mother was an otter Kelvic too.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? Two brothers, one older and one younger.
3. What is your extended family like? I have a whole family of otters, and I think even a little bit of wolverine or falcon. Pretty cool, huh?
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? Just as important!
5. Do you treat animals like family? Yep.

1. Where were you born? On a Svefra ship just off the coast of Alvadas.
2. Where do you live now? Along Mathews Bay.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? Closer to the Suvan, with the wind in my lungs and the spray in my hair.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? I like to watch the ships come in.
5. Where do you fear to be? Avanthal, or any place inland.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) I've got a scar in my left hand from a sea urchin stabbing through it. Not fun, I tell you.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Right-handed.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I speak Common, Fratava and Char. I'm not sure if my native language counts as a language.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I run my hands through my hair when it's wet -- that's why it looks so good. I also groom for a good hour or two.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ? I have a piercing at the top of my ear. It's got a wooden ring through it that was my father's.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? I'll fish for the merchants, maybe.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? I love it!
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? I'd help with the Svefra. Or maybe at the harbor.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? Dancers, they're beautiful.
5. What occupation do you least like? Why? I'd say hunters. They'd trip over all those roots and sticks...

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? Rambunctious, like my brothers.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? When I caught my first fish.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? I almost drowned in my human form, when I was caught in the grip of an octopus.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? I didn't know my father much, but he was Svefra and he loved me. My mother was an otter too. She was pretty cool and let me play with my brothers.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? I'd say the Svefra.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? I'm sharp, but not like the scholars at the University.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I think I'd enjoy it. I like learning hands-on, not from a book though.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? Out in the ocean with the ships.
4. How do you learn best? Hands-on. I can't concentrate if it's from a book or scroll.
5. What are your educational goals for the future? I don't know.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? No, not really.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? Yep!
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? Straight.
4. Have you ever been kissed? Yes. Twice in the same day, by my bondmate. I was embarassed about the first one, 'cause I felt like I had messed up or something. But then he kissed me back, so it's okay.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. Pfft. Never.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. I... Don't remember.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? Nah.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? Probably a nice ale.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? No.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. Alcohol is fine in small amounts. Drugs are... weird.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? Swimming, fishing. I've fancied dancing for a while now.
2. Do you like to read? I can't, not very well.
3. What annoys you more than anything else? Mopy pessimists.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Just lounge about in the water.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? Public humility, I guess. It'd be embarassing to anyone.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? Blues and greens.
2. What is your favorite time of day? Either morning or afternoon.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? Zeltiva from the mast of a Svefra ship.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? Fish and sea urchins. I despise red meat.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? Lightning storms are frightening, but I love thunderstorms.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? Optimistic to the point of being annoying!
2. What are your religious views? I'd do anything for Laviku.
3. Would you be able to kill? If there was no other option.
4. What are your views on sex? It's not... Bad, per se, but I wouldn't go around petchin' every other guy I see.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? Being happy with someone you love.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? The worst thing? Dying. And Gale had to watch. The best thing? Kissing him.
2. What is your greatest regret? Not being able to fight back.
3. What is your best/worst memory? I died.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? Well, I wouldn't have gone out into the Wildlands that day.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? Bonding to Gale.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? I don't hide my feelings. Not much, anyways.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? Nothing comes to mind immediately.
3. What makes you happy? Being with Gale.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? I wouldn't die for anyone. Dying means leaving someone with heartache. But if I had to, it'd be Gale.
5. What makes you angry? ...What are these questions for, again?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? Well enough.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? Gale McCenry. He's my bondmate.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? I respect Laviku, even though I've never met him.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. Gale McPainty.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? Gale, obviously.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? Having fun.
2. What is the best part of life? Getting to wake up every day and see the ocean again.
3. What is the best part of death? Being set free from the pain.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? I didn't get to choose.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? I'd just want people to think that nothing could break my spirit. Nothing.
Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook