[Verduth's Records] Under the Big Top

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Postby Verduth on October 21st, 2010, 5:34 pm

NoteThis journal to be used for circus organization
Circus Overture by Iain Ballamy

Come one, Come all to the Greatest Traveling Show! From the torn corners of Mizahar, we bring you wonders and sights unknown!

Table of Contents

Circus City by Fabrini
Last edited by Verduth on October 24th, 2010, 8:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Avatar by: Can't remember, trying to find it.

This character has been abandoned. Please consider any open threads with him to be finished. I'm sorry but I haven't found the time to finish them.
Verduth
The Littlest Ringmaster

Words: 27108
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 9:08 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Verduth on October 21st, 2010, 5:36 pm

Members

Current members, join date:
Verduth - Ringmaster
Keres, 37th Fall 510
Jokor, 40th Fall 510
Trassen, 41st Fall 410
Leiwinn, 42nd Fall 510
Kusuri, 43rd Fall 510
Akiva, 50th Fall 510
Keorvic, 50th Fall 510

To be inducted:
Yul'tua
Voltore - Zith
Nivea? - Ethaefal/Konti
Zoraya Almasi
Shakaar - upon leaving Sunberth

Past members:
None yet
Last edited by Verduth on October 24th, 2010, 5:28 pm, edited 7 times in total.

This character has been abandoned. Please consider any open threads with him to be finished. I'm sorry but I haven't found the time to finish them.
Verduth
The Littlest Ringmaster

Character sheet

Postby Verduth on October 21st, 2010, 5:38 pm

Shared Equipment
Items listed here are available for use by any circus member, just make sure no one else has it that day. If you have something that you wish to share with the group as a whole, please inform the ringmaster. Any items put up for group use remain the property of the purchaser unless the circus organizers wish to compensate you for the item. While the circus organizers will attempt to provide tents and transportation, members will need to provide for their own personal effects, bedroll, blanket, waterskin, etc. The circus organizers will help with costumes and other performance related equipment when possible. Personal projects must be paid for out of your own pocket.

Color Key :
In order to not clutter up the list, we will be using a color scheme to indicate who owns what.

Verduth
Keres
Jokor
Trassen
Leiwinn
Kusuri
Akiva
Keorvic

Traveling

Living
3 tents, 4 person
2 Blankets, winter
Set of pots and pans
Rope, 100 ft
2 buckets
3 lamps, common

Tools

For Performance and Practice
Juggling Balls
5 Throwing Knives
4 Wooden Practice Swords

Traveling
2 wagons - 70 gm
2 carts - 30 gm
2 yokes, horse - 14 gm
2 cart harnesses - 4 gm
6 Blankets and horse hoods, medium - 24 gm
6 horses, Zavian or Colorsplash - approximately 600 gm
2 chests - 2 gm
----- Sub-Total: 742 gm

Living
plates or bowls?
2 large tarps - ?

Tools
crowbar - 2 gm
2 hammers - 1 gm
2 shovels - 4 gm
axe, carpenter's - 1 gm
axe, woodman - 4 gm
block & tackle - 5 gm

For Performance and Practice
2 mirrors, small steel - 20 gm
Tent, pavilion - 70gm (large enough for 1 ring circus)
chain, 10 ft - 30 gm
manacles - 15 gm

---- Final Total: ---- gm
Last edited by Verduth on October 24th, 2010, 9:11 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Verduth
The Littlest Ringmaster

Character sheet

Postby Verduth on October 21st, 2010, 5:41 pm

Traveling Schedule

City Season Arrival Departure
- - -
Sunberth Fall N/A 80 510 AV
Zeltiva Winter 14 34
Syliras - 59 79
Ravok Spring 27 47 511 AV
Avanthal Summer 36 56
Denval* Summer-Fall 86 15
Wind Reach - 35 55
Lhavit - 71 91
Alvadas Winter 35 55
Riverfall Winter-Spring 85 14
Ahnatep - 34 54
Endrykas - 70 90
Zeltiva Summer 30 50 512 AV
Break Summer - Fall 51 35
Sunberth - 60 80
Alternate charactersAnyone with an alt in the next city should either plan to remove them before the arrival of the circus or inform the ringmaster ASAP. ---- Travel NotesThe trip from Avanthal to Denval will be made by boat. All other cities will be traveled to by land.
The circus will take an extended break before beginning the cycle again.

Performance Schedule:
There will be 19 shows per city.
We will arrive the day before scheduled and leave the day after. The first day should be used for set up and advertisement of the circus. The itinerary will look something like this;
Itinerary :
Day 1: Complete set up. Performers enter city for street performances.
2: Show
3: Show
4: 2 Shows
5: Rest
6: Show
7: Show
8: 2 Shows
9: Rest
10: Show
11: Show
12: 2 Shows
13: Rest
14: Show
15: Show
16: 2 Shows
17: Rest
Finale Sequence*
18: Show
19: Show
20: 2 Shows. Tear down should begin after last show.
Departure: Completion of tearing down and departure.[/columns]
* If desired, we could have a special finale show for the last 3 days to encourage increased attendance (more money) at which time you could have updated acts if you've gained experience. Let me know what you guys think.

Performance Deadlines:
Sunberth - There will be no performance.
Zeltiva - Act proposals should be submitted ASAP. Single post acts should be ready by Winter 1. Multi-post acts should have a summary, general outline and first post ready.

Note :
To anyone who doesn't like this schedule. I apologize. I spent a lot of time crunching numbers. I rearranged the order we went through towns. I took towns out and put them back in. For a while I even entertained the idea of restricting the circus to the eastern side of the continent. In the end, this was the absolute best schedule that I could come up with that didn't have us skipping anyone, spending an entire season in transit or going anywhere at illogical times.

Also, yes I did leave out some places. But that's because it would be illogical or too dangerous for the circus to visit. If anyone has any helpful critique to give, I am certainly willing to listen.
Last edited by Verduth on October 24th, 2010, 5:06 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Verduth
The Littlest Ringmaster

Character sheet

Postby Verduth on October 22nd, 2010, 1:08 am

Performance Expectations

A primary performance thread will be posted in each town. This thread will include a performance schedule as well as the duration of time that the circus will remain in the city. It will be for performers only and will give anyone wishing to have attended the show an idea of what they would have witnessed. This thread will include single post acts of all performers or links and a description to acts that involve multiple characters. The posts should represent what could have been seen on an average night. If you wish for your character to have a particularly bad night then feel free to create a separate thread with the specific date for that performance and then include a link in your performance post so others are aware that there is a variation to your act.

You must submit a description of your act to the ringmaster in advance in order to be given a place in the show. All single post acts MUST be written and ready for posting the same day that the performance thread is posted so as not to slow down the other performances or leave audiences wondering what would happen. You will be given advance warning for this deadline. If you are unavailable to post that day for unforeseen circumstances then just post ASAP. But you must be ready to post if you can.

Single post acts should be long and fully detailed.

Multi-post acts must take place in a separate thread. A link to the main performance thread should be included in the act thread and the thread should be time stamped as occurring throughout the circus's stay in the town. The multi-post act must then designate the scene leader who will be responsible for posting a general summary of what to expect in the act as well as thread link after the thread is started.

All acts should be visually appealing in a way that is appropriate for the act and can include music or pictures as is appropriate for the act. Anyone requiring assistance with this may see the ringmaster.

Your act does not need to change between one town to the next, but your skills will improve and thus the post should be rewritten to account for the improvements. Please choose things that could be accomplished at your skill level for your main post and leave experimentation and failures for a separate thread.

New performers have until the next town to come up with an act to be included in the next performance thread.

Performers who plan on quitting the circus are asked to wait until the circus has left town, otherwise you should include a note in your performance stating what date the performance is discontinued on.

Upon arrival in a town, the performers are encouraged to enter the city and put on street performances to announce the arrival of the circus.

Non-performers must be seen doing their duties at appropriate points depending on what their duties are but are asked not to post in the performance thread unless they would be seen by the audience. If such is the case then you will be given a post slot by the ringmaster.

Beyond the Performance

The circus will provide for your transportation and accommodations. It will try to help members in need if it is possible. Members who are in better positions are encouraged to help fellows in need if the circus is unable to bear the cost.

You may use your time outside of performances as you see fit, however, you are encouraged to use it wisely. Get to know your fellow members, work on your skills, perfect your acts, help with general maintenance, draw attention to the circus, etc.

Performers are encouraged to provide entertainment for visitors to the circus grounds or offer services that you may charge an additional fee for such as fortune telling, sketch artistry, tests of strength or skill, etc. All members are also encouraged to learn some non-performance skill that will be of benefit to the group as a whole such as sewing, cooking, hunting, carpentry, driving etc.

ALL members are encouraged to learn to defend themselves with whatever means they are most comfortable with. We will sometimes have to travel through dangerous areas, and though a large group is less enticing, you must not rely on numbers alone to protect us. Members are discouraged from wandering through cities alone unless they have been deemed safe for such a thing.

Disputes among circus members should be brought to the ringmaster for resolution.

Verduth
The Littlest Ringmaster

Character sheet