Award March's Featured Thread Is..

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

March's Featured Thread Is..

Postby Gossamer on March 1st, 2015, 3:10 pm

[color=#10aca0]
There is a light that never goes out

Estrellir Konrath wrote:When we sat down and this thread was suggested, it was almost immediately decided we would award it. Although it’s old, I believe it shows in an entertaining and exciting way how an adventure thread can be. It’s not the typical adventure, the PC didn’t gain any coin or valuable material loot, but such threads usually offer different things that are harder to find.

Colombina weaves a mysterious riddle for Trista, consisting of stories upon stories, until even the reader questions what’s real and what’s fantasy. There is a bizarre wonder to it that suits the melancholic Akvatari very well. In the end she has to trade a tale for success in her endeavor. As an artist and performer, Trista masters this last challenge, although not effortlessly. This adds another kind of spice to the thread: There is clearly no right or wrong when it comes to the end results. Behind the outer layer of her adventure to help a girl trapped in past sin, deeper meanings are hidden. I believe this is one of the great appeals of the thread: In the end Colombina doesn’t reveal what it means. She keeps Trista and the reader guessing.

It also holds the promise of more adventures and secrets yet to be uncovered. Eloab will continue to be interesting to those seeking the mysterious and surreal. Who knows, Trista or others might even lift the veil that hides its past eventually. This thread, however, will remain as a great piece of whimsical writing on both sides and a more than entertaining story for all who come after it. I believe its writers deserve the spotlight. Well done!
[/quote]
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Kiva on March 1st, 2015, 4:04 pm

OOC

How interesting. An oldie, but a goodie. Can't wait to give it a read. It's also very neat to see the very first Akvatari in the thread. How fun.

-Kiva
ImageImage
Kiva
Player

Words: 225555
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2015, 7:34 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Trista on March 1st, 2015, 5:09 pm

Awww! This is so exciting ^_^

This remains one of my favorite threads I've ever been privileged to be a part of. It's had a profound impact on the development of Trista's character as well. I always appreciated Colombina's creativity here.
Trista
I can see for miles and miles and miles...

Words: 101570
Joined roleplay: August 17th, 2009, 1:08 am
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Xii on March 4th, 2015, 5:16 pm

That's a beautiful story. Very sad. I even felt sad for the dark spirit in the dream world, for some reason. I felt he was lonely, though I don't know why or if that was even possible for him, as he seemed to be some sort of construct or conduit. Still.

Anyway, well done to the writers.
Xii is using hypnotism
Xii is "speaking Common"
Xii is "speaking Pavi" and also signing Pavi Note
Signed Pavi can also be represented by a person's total body language; it doesn't have to be an actual hand sign.

Xii is demonstrating her internal emotions. Anything in plain, uncolored italics should be considered completely internal; for example, if it says that Xii is sneering she is only doing so in her mind, and the sneer would likely not show as a physical expression unless otherwise stated. This is a way for me, as her writer, to differentiate between her true feelings and what she outwardly shows the world. Note
If the italics thing feels too confusing to me after I've tried using it in some posts, I'll remove it.
Xii
Drykas-Zith

Words: 143088
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2015, 7:47 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Kailily Sinclair on March 16th, 2015, 4:13 pm

Ive always enjoyed these featured threads, i have to agree there is something sad about about that spirit i can relate to it
Shout out to Aventis for helping with my avatar. :)
Kailily Sinclair
Life Hack 101

Words: 13672
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2014, 10:38 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Journal
Medals: 1
Donor (1)