[Tinnok's Scrap] Halfway to Nowhere

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Tinnok on March 7th, 2015, 2:07 am

Welcome!

This has been something I have wanted to erect for some time, but the main purpose of this Scrap is to get ideas and drawings down in equal measure, so I refused to start one without the other. This rather simple sketch took me much longer to put together than I would have liked after lots of scribbling, erasing, and frustration, but I'm hoping as this scrap grows in posts drawing Tinnok and her world will gradually become easier.

And that is as much of an introduction as this scrap will get so let's jump right in!

Appearance:

This is how I imagine Tinnok to look now, her appearance changing quite a bit from her inception as a PC. Originally she had nice flowing locks, wore marginally more clothing, and was also less confident with her appearance. In a Mulan fashion she chopped off her hair as a final physical representation of her separation and betrayal of her Myrian lifestyle. She owns a set of Night Armor, but I do not see her using it very often, partially because of the heat and humidity of the jungle, and also because this set of clothing (or lack thereof) allows her the most movement when climbing trees, which she does a lot of, the binding of her breasts helping with shooting her bow as well as general combat. In many threads she has a bow and quiver with her, which do hinder her climbing and tree top acrobatics, and I enjoy imagining her without any weapons save her daggers leaping unimpeded through the trees. As it is she is always barefoot, and I often describe the soles of her feet as heavily calloused from her lack of footwear. She is now quite adept at morphing claws upon her toes and fingers in order to aid in climbing, though I have been writing her without shoes long before she learned morphing.

Apart from her 2 Phylonura marks the other two constants I generally have as part of Tinnoks appearance are fangs she uses as gauges in each ear (animal unknown), and a piercing below her lip. More recently she has started wearing two necklaces, one a symbol of Caiyha with its Triskelion and also the symbol of a Wolf, a namesake she no longer uses but is fond of, the other is the stamp of the Darkwater Clan, a clan I actually need to write up that she met and helped in a series of two very intense threads (The Deepest Darkness, The Witch and The Serpents). Despite her half Dhani heritage, she left their lands with a sign of respect in the form of that pendant, and though she has done things that are surely unforgivable in Myri's eyes, knowing that even a few in a single clan at one time respected her for what she was and did rather than her blood is very important to her.

Tinnok often has nightmares, and I imagine her waking and clutching these two pendants to help calm her.

And that is my ramblings about Tin's appearance. More sketches and ramblings to follow :)

c

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Words: 878542
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 5:27 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Tinnok on March 23rd, 2015, 12:13 am

A very quick colored sketch of Tinnok, it was on watercolor paper, but I haven't been using my tablet and decided to test it out. The coloring is quick and messy, hopefully with more time spent I can get a bit more detail and shading in these.

Nervously Emerging from the Jungle

This season I have vowed to move Tinnok and Tsuya from the jungle, and it will be happening, though I have been procrastinating about it, as I'd like to get Tin caught up on Job Threads, get her money to buy things for her journey and be well and trul set before departing in thread, and like many I'm sure, I have trouble with job threads. I have been pushing myself along by making Tin do lots of morphing in order to help her hunt, which helps me get in the mood to write the threads as I enjoy writing out morphing, but the process is still going much more slowly than I would like.

Tinnok herself is also very hesitant to leave Falyndar, even though it will take her most of the season to do so. She has grown into something I had never expected when I first started her PC, a lot of her personality shaped by PCs that she has threaded with in flashbacks in and around Taloba. If you had asked me where I saw Tinnok a year from when I first made her, it would be anywhere but Zinrah, and though she has had to deal with so much loss, hatred, and struggle, she is actually at one of the more stable places of her life. Being marked a Second time by Caiyha she has a definite purpose in her faith, and for her the next step is leaving the cradle of life that has raised and sheltered her for nearly 3 decades. As her writer I am so excited for her to take her first steps in new lands, because it is in essence going to be a sort of rebirth for her. No place in Mizahar teems with the same amount of life the jungle wilds hold, and I think she is going to be deafened somewhat in her new environments, and more than often homesick. That being said Kalea and beyond holds so much as far as learning and expanding her skills as a Witch I simply cannot wait :)

c

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Words: 878542
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 5:27 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)