Location [Location] Lord of Council's Office

For Job Requests and other administrative things!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Location] Lord of Council's Office

Postby Perplexity on March 19th, 2015, 7:01 pm

Howdy!

I apologize for the delay on all of these! Normally I would respond in-character but due to the length of time and volume things have been taken care of OOC. Professions have been addressed via PM between myself and those concerned. Housing applications are approved as well.

If you have questions contact me at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Perplexity
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Telor Riptide on March 19th, 2015, 8:00 pm

5th of Spring, 515 AV

"Ay, sir! How do?" Telor grinned widely at the man behind the counter. The Svefra produced a sheet of paper from behind his back, slapping it on the counter with what may have been just a little too much force. The wind from the movement fluttered the paper, revealing scratchy, barely legible handwriting on a job application.

It was a miracle that the application was clean, for Telor himself was a mess. His clothes were perpetually damp, and today was no excuse. There wasn't a direction his hair didn't go in, and his tan skin was dry and cracked from exposure. Still, Telor seemed no worse for the wear, and his disposition was as friendly as ever.

Profession: Laborer
Wage: 1-2 GM/Day
Applicable Skills: No
Location of Employment: Docks

"And I won't be needin' housing 'cause I got my ship, y'see? She's out by the docks. So I'll be staying right close to work." After a moment's thought, the overeager boy corrected himself. "If I get the job, that is."

Common-Fratava-Vani
Telor Riptide
Player

Words: 24242
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2015, 12:08 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aedifalse on March 23rd, 2015, 6:38 am

1st Spring, 515 AV

Happy birthday to me, Aedifex grimaced as he opened the doors to the office. Being a new arrival at a city always sucked, but he was intent on getting on his feet as soon as possible. There was no better way to build networks quickly and getting a strong start than to get shelter over his head and a source of steady income. All else could wait until he could get his basic needs settled.

Placing his obsidian arm gently on the counter, he grasped the quill with his right arm and began scribbling as legibly as he could.

Job Application
Profession: Weaponsmith/Armorer
Wage: 8gm/day
Applicable Skills: Weaponsmithing Novice (but will improve rapidly!), Armorer Novice, Lore of blacksmithing techniques, Natural crafting abilities of an Isurian Arm, Racial gnosis of Izentor
Location of Employment: Armed Scholar maybe
PSA: To those concerned about the intervention on my CS, do not be alarmed. I am innocent of all of the accusations, since Aedifex is my first and only account. I am in the midst of clearing my name, but I believe that Justice and Truth will reign in the end. Do be patient with me as I clear up the misunderstanding.

Reminder: Aedi is Fluent in Isurian but Basic in Common. This means that any conversation he makes in Common is likely to be broken, disjointed and otherwise weird. It is entirely intentional and not a typo/spelling/grammatical error. If it helps for your visualization, this video would be an excellent approximation of how he speaks Common.
Aedifalse
Account changed to "Aedifex"

Words: 71650
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2015, 12:57 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lucy Colburn on March 28th, 2015, 11:14 am

1st Day of Spring, 515 AV

Today was the day. It was the day that she had finally summed up enough willpower and determination to put forth an application for the mercenary job she had been training for. Her father's time as a mercenary had brought about many interesting tales that had entertained her many a time. She had since trained hard for that day, this day. Cleaning herself up the best she could, she dressed in the only outfit she owned, a worn white blouse and a pair of brown pants, she headed to the elegant building of burnished granite that held the Lord of Council's office. It was a majestic structure that has withstood the test of time, and contained the heart and political leader of the city.

Opening the doors and heading inside, she walked towards the counter and began scribbling away on a piece of parchment, filling in the job application with gusto.

Profession:Freelance Mercenary
Wage: 4-5GM per day?
Applicable Skills: Competent in Gladius, Novice in Unarmed and Acrobatics
Location of Employment: She will receive her work contracts from the Martial Society. She will then work on it and turn it in and report on its status when completed.

Lucy Colburn
Player

Words: 12816
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2015, 5:36 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Aider Silander on April 3rd, 2015, 3:53 pm

Spring 14th, 515 AV

It was a bright and sunny day as the man made his way through the streets of his new, mostly temporary home. The differences between Sunberth and Zeltiva were astounding. The bright colors of the buildings and the clean aura that it gave off was a relaxing thought for the man who used to pride himself on looking proper. Though those days has faded with his stay in Sunberth. His hair had grown in length and his face was covered in a dark shadow.

He stopped to ask someone where the council's office was, and nodded a thank you as he was pointed in the right direction. The quality of life was different here and one could see it with the way that people held themselves. No one was a major threat that would attempt to take your life in a moments notice.

Aider slipped inside the Council's office and walked towards the counter. After a few chimes he took a seat and began filling out the paper work he was handed.

Profession: Investigator
Wage: 3GM per day
Applicable Skills:
Writing- Novice
Persuasion- Novice
Intelligence - Novice
Interrogating- Novice
Tracking- Novice
Investigation- Novice
Location of Employment: I shall leave that up to you. If you don't mind.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander
She has my heart on the end of her blade.

Words: 170163
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Perplexity on April 4th, 2015, 5:19 pm

Telor

Tranaris examined the application in front of him quietly before penning his signature at the bottom. He gave Telor a once over then plastered a polite smile upon his face.

The job is yours, Mister Riptide. The city is in need of a great many hard workers such as yourself. If there is nothing else then? I do hope you have a pleasant day.” Looking past the Svefra, the old clerk motioned for the next in line to proceed with their request.

Telor, Please Read! :
Profession: Laborer
Wage: 2 GM/Day
Applicable Skills: None
Location of Employment: Docks, Zeltiva

Aedifex

The elder gentleman’s eyes practically lit up at the sight of the Isur. He found them to be a fascinating people though they seldom traversed the streets of Zeltiva. Tranaris perked up offering his most cordial smile to Aedifex as he accepted the paperwork.

Welcome, welcome. Looking for work as a weaponsmith? I dare say that your skills are will be appreciated indeed. The Armed Scholar will have gained a prized associate. Before long, I wouldn’t be surprised if you have customers lining up to sample your wares.” Tranaris quickly added his signature to the bottom of the application. He filed it away giving Aedifex a friendly nod.

May your stay in Zeltiva be a pleasant one, Master Aghanim. Oh! And I’m sure that with time Master Rals will become friendly enough. Don’t let his sour demeanor dampen your spirits. With enough time and dedication anything is possible.

Aedifex, Please Read! :
Profession: Weaponsmith
Wage: 8gm/day
Applicable Skills: Weaponsmithing (Novice)
Location of Employment: The Armed Scholar, Zeltiva.

Lucy

Looking to gain notoriety with the Society? Well then, I’m certain they will have plenty of use for another skilled hand in their ranks.” Tranaris accepted Lucy’s paperwork. He reviewed it for a moment before nodding penning his signature at the bottom.

Pay a visit to East Street. You’ll find the Martial Society Headquarters there. They will set you up with your proper assignments. Do make sure that you follow the standards all Society members are expected to maintain. Failure to do so will result in expulsion from the Society and heavy fines.” He gave Lucy a nod before turning to the next citizen. The elder gentleman’s work never seemed to be finished.

Lucy, Please Read! :
Profession: Mercenary
Wage: 10 GM/Day (7 + 3 = 10)
Applicable Skills: Gladius (Competent)
Location of Employment: Martial Society of Zeltiva

Aider

The white haired man gave Aider a hard look as he observed him. He rubbed the paperwork handed to him between his fingers in quiet thought. From the top of Aider’s head to the toes of his boots, the Seneschal to the Lord of Council took in the finest detail that there was. The fingers of his opposite hand tapped across the desk lightly. Silently he reached some unknown conclusion. He set the application aside drawing out a crisp sheet of paper. On its surface he quickly scrawled a set of instructions then folded it in half extending it to the rough looking young man.

Go to the Zastoska Bathhouse. Ask for a woman by the name of Zandelia. Hand her this. She will guide you from there.” With that the man gave Aider a dismissive wave returning to his work.

Aider, Please Read! :
Information to be sent via PM.

Perplexity

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Lazuhly on April 5th, 2015, 12:56 pm

Spring 3rd 515av

Gently she moved with eloquent grace as sandals clacked across cherry oak floors as the skirt of her lavishly exquisite blue dress danced rythmically with the intrepid movement of her legs.

She enthusiastically plopped into a very hospitable chair that was one part luxurious pillow and another part extravagant craftsmanship. As two fingers strummed across wooden trim the rest of herself seemed to sink into the plush velvety cloud of dreamy fabric.

Lazuhly's light blue eyes swept across various documentation. she was left with an impression that they wanted to pry for information and then apply that towards a job of her choice. Perhaps she was over analyzing this and was being standoffish but what if her intuition wasn't being irrational?

Quill dipped not once, twice, but thrice.
The feather bobbed in capricious form following the cursive swagger of the authors wrist. Her penmanship legible as ink splotched on the parchment following her flowing lines. She wasn't a scribe but she could spell her name in common rather nicely.

Name: Lazuhly
Qualifications:
Master of walking in high heels
Master of enjoying fine wine
Master Complainer/ Differs from being a contrairian.
Master of diligent tidying
Master of pushing desert and coffee on a first date.
Master Bargain Hunter
Master of lounging on the beach
Etc

This list just scrolled onward master of this and that of whatever didn't require an actual skill, although if you asked her Lazuhly would most certainly assert that walking in stilettos was in fact a real skill.

Jobs requested
Grossly over qualified dish washer/ Need I say more?
Beach Bum/ 10 black gem mizah a day, none negotiable!
Professional Librarian esq Vigilante/ would work with the great library hunting down treacherous cretins who do not return books long after the due date expires.
Extreme Treasure Hunter/ places of interest and or exploration would be public wells and or fountains.
Destroyer Of Dreams/ perhaps same as above ?
Etc

Once again the list just streamed along in light hearted humor. If only because Lazuhly believes at the end of the day it is his call, but if she takes a risk on entertaining him he may open up and give her a realitively easy well paying job.

It could go wrong oh so horribly wrong however and blow up in her face, there was always a risk when taking a chance.

But her actions were telling, if they shared a laugh and had fun this person just may view her differently then the rest and give her special treatment like he would a friend.

Perhaps even in the worst case scenario a laughing jury wasn't a hanging jury.
Lazuhly
Player

Words: 10213
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2015, 1:39 pm
Character sheet

Postby Perplexity on April 5th, 2015, 1:19 pm

Tranaris looked at the form in his hands almost incredulously. He sat back in his chair eyeing the young woman in front of him in mild disbelief. When he spoke his tone was frank, blunt and far from amused.

"My dear girl," He lifted the application letting it sway lightly as he grasped it. "What is this?"

The elder gentleman sat up straight then grasped the parchment in the middle with both hands. He tore it in half then pointed at a fresh sheet before discarding the trash.

"This office does not exist for your amusement. If you cannot be an adult, go back to the children's home where you belong." With that, the Seneschal returned to his work tending to files or addressing others in need of his attention.

Perplexity

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Lazuhly on April 5th, 2015, 4:43 pm

Lazuhly sat in the chair with a blank expressions as her lashes fluttered between momentary blinks.

Tranaris sounded like her Father always unamused and dismissive. Key phrases such as dear child, and his mannerisms like how he retained his collective calm and nonchalantly dismissed her.

She had no words not out of spite but because she was perplexed from social bewilderment. There were just so many tangible emotions being felt upon at once that had left her a verbal trogolodite.

It caused her to crumple up, as her right hand gently clasped at her left shoulder for self assurance. Her blue eyes swept off the official and gazed upon the floor not wanting to look him in the eyes after being scolded like a child.

Not because she was mad but because she had been genuinely hurt by homesickness.

She wanted to set sail far from here, past the horizon where nobody could see her so she could break down and let it out as the pictures in her mind awoke and began to breath.

Lazuhly following instruction lifted herself in a sullen manner. Once lively steps now shallow, as the clatter on the floor felt like judgement and mochery.

But she clung onto her left arm in a hopless attempt to diffuse her stress by gently caressing it before having to relinquish comfort for a blank parchment.

And once again Lazuhly found herself back in that lacquered velvet chair. Her short hair was enough to cascade veils of shadow to obstruct the features of her face as she put the blank document on the desk.

Quill dipped once

Name/ Lazuhly
Qualifications/ N/A
Job/ Barmaid
Lazuhly
Player

Words: 10213
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2015, 1:39 pm
Character sheet

Postby Eldain Dogma on April 11th, 2015, 3:29 pm

4th of Spring, 515 AV
Eldain walked silently towards the Old Quarter. Now that many things has finally changed... he need to take care of his own. People at the University said that Lord's Council's Office would easily find a job for him. Upon entering he couldn't help but to be amazed with the architecture of the building it self, not knowing the receptionist eyeing him from his desk.

"Is there anything I can help you, young man?" The receptionist made him to turn around in surprise.

"Y-yes... of course" Eldain rapidly approaching the table. His eye caught a name at the table "... Mr. Johnson. I'd like to apply to a job sir, if there is any..."

Tranaris Johnson once again eyed him before handing out a paper. "Fill it and return to me."

Eldain give him a graceful nod and look down to the paper. Everything turns out good as far as he could see. He just hope that the man could really help him find a job.

"Here it is, Sir."

Eldain handed down the paper and waited patiently.
Job Application :
Profession: Clerical job or other that requires my skill
Wage: -
Applicable Skills: Writing (Competent), Copying (Novice), Mathematics (Novice), Bookkeping (Novice), Politics (Novice), History (Novice)
Location of Employment: -
Last edited by Eldain Dogma on April 12th, 2015, 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eldain Dogma
Player

Words: 16544
Joined roleplay: April 8th, 2015, 3:12 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext