Doorway to Chaos

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Doorway to Chaos

Postby Miro on July 15th, 2014, 7:59 pm

Miro was not sure how to react or what to do. The task that was to be completed, that was one thing. It was never that simple, more than a flash of a badge, but had to be done. The Alchemy, that was something else entirely, an amazing project. Something only Rayage would dream up, and something only he could accomplish. It sounded incredible, bordering on impossible, but that was the thinking of a skeptic, not a wizard. There was no doubt a master Alchemist could do so.

Truly though, the thing that left Miro dumbfounded, it was not the magic, but the declaration made after. The two of them were a team, one eternal, with complete loyalty to one another. It was something that the Reimancer would not quite expect to ever come from the ancient Nuit. He started by nodding firmly, trying to find his words. Some came to him, but not the ones he sought after. "You know, iron is inferior to steel, any fighter could tell you that."

The Chained One clenched his eyes shut and shook his head. "I am sure you could create a metal superior even to steel however." Finally the shock of everything faded and clarity returned. "And of course you know I will do anything I can to assist your efforts. We have always been a team, though it is nice to hear it said." Truly it was nice. Though there was something else that begged to be spoken. It was not the kind of thing that was willingly said, but must come out anyways.

"Though Rayage, you know, you are one of the greatest wizards that I have ever met. Likely one of the greatest that has ever lived. But you are weak. Your mind contains valuable knowledge that the world can't lose, yet there are things that would steal it from the world in an instant. And you, well, you would be helpless against them. The same can not be said for me, a personal wizard. There is nothing my soul can not overcome, as long as I am willing to pay the Djed cost."

There was a point to be made here, but some tact had to be held. To see this opening, this unusual sincerity, it touched the undead. But as well it touched his cravings for power and domination. No matter how he wished not to take advantage, there was no use. Loyal or not, the Chained One's will belong to Uldr, and nothing could get in the way of that. "Not only that, but you are without Gnosi, without connection to the gods."

Rayage was indeed one of the most talented wizards in the world, to have mastered Alchemy to the degree he had. The magic seemed to have the potential to obtain perfection, but only through the means of world magic. Miro worked to reach perfection a different route, to master his soul, to conquer personal magic, obtain power from the gods. The Nuit in a lab could create perfection, but the Chained One on the field became perfection.

"You are still vulnerable, hapless in a fight, but too valuable to let harm come to. You mustn't forget Sahova, your Reimancy, your personal magic training. I know you are trying, but there is more to the formula than just Alchemy. More to our dynamic than sheer loyalty and bonding. It is what I have learned from our meeting. Alone we are limited, but together we are without bound. With what us two can accomplish, imagine what more a team of masters could establish."

And finally he came to the point he wished to make, though it was not an easy thing to tell a proud and powerful wizard. "In my time upon this world I have met many great and powerful souls. Different races, ideals, religions, but all of them have had one thing in common. I saw great potential in them. I see it in everyone. A means to their greatest potential, and I possess the knowledge to evolve their souls." There was a simple truth to this delusion, it was the only way to cope with the cravings Uldr gave.

The words got a surge of excitement to run through the Returned's body, a burn in his tight dry flesh. His nerves screamed at the gash in his arm, but he paid it no attention. Gritted teeth from pain mixed with the pleasure of his cravings being met; the wizard grinned a wide and toothy grin to match the horrific grimace of the Mask of Many. "The way I see it, I am destined to gather them, to lead them. I will see that they all fall under my control, are blessed with my power."

Now came the truth of why this mattered, why the sating of domination filled him with ecstasy. The undead stared Rayage in the eyes with a serious passion. He lifted his damaged arm before him and tested his hand with an attempt at clenching a fist. The pain was terrible, the fingers only able to move less than half way. "I will provide you, not only what you need for Alchemy, but the perfection of your own soul. I can help you become more than a simple Nuit, more than a mortal."

"If you truly wish to repay me for all that I have done for you, I only ask one thing. Allow me to ascend you beyond what you are now, to reach your potential, become more powerful than you have been able to comprehend thus far." The hand could not form a fist, but it could still be used for other things. Miro came close to his dear friend and offered a hand to be shaken. "Show me that you trust me, that you believe in me to lead. There is no person I trust to advise me more than you."
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Doorway to Chaos

Postby Nemesis on March 15th, 2015, 12:29 pm

Miro
Skills * *
??? * +?
??? * +?
??? * +?
Lores
*???
*???
*???

Consequences, Injuries, Expenses, and More!
  • None

Rayage
Skills * *
Auristics * +1
Hypnotism * +2
Investigation * +1
Negotiation * +1
Observation * +1
Philosophy * +1
Reimancy * +2
Storytelling * +1
Teaching * +1
Lores
*Miro: Complacent About Overgiving
*Nature of a Chained One
*Reimancy: A Reimantic Gem

Consequences, Injuries, Expenses, and More!
  • None

• Love Ender...
  • Miro and Ray sure had an interesting relationship... I honestly can't work out if they like and trust each other or not!
  • Miro, if you return, PM me for your grade.
Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Words: 296717
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous