Flashback Utopia In Sunberth

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Utopia In Sunberth

Postby Logan Storm on March 18th, 2015, 11:22 pm

10th of Spring, 511AV

So, here are the basic forms for fighting, Logan said to himself. He placed both of his fists in front of him. The right was further from the left. He then moved his left foot back and turned it sideways.

You got your primary stance, he continued. And that's your basic stance which you will take up while you're in a fight. This is the stance ya really gotta get use to.

You put both hands up, right up front or left up front depending on which hand you preferred. The ones in the front do the punching and the ones in the back do the protecting.

Logan shot his right fist to the front of him quickly then pulled it back. He did it again but this time quicker. After the second time, he stood straight and dropped his arms.

Today will be the day I teach her how to fight, he thought. Let's hope she's a natural, because I am not a very good teacher.

The young boy stared around the room. It was large enough for five people to stand in and dance together as a group. Its walls where white, but its paint ripped on almost every wall from old age. On the side of the room was a hole to the ground made solely for heating. Wood filled it while a pot stood over it. Next to this hole was a small wooden round table matched with only two chairs. Adjacent to the table was a blue couch that stared at the only window in the room.

Logan looked at the couch then the table. He moved towards the table and took both the chairs to place them by the couch. Then he did the same with the table and marveled at his apartment's living room area. It almost looked clean.

There. Now when she comes we will have extra room to practice.

This day was chosen by Logan to be the day he trained his good friend Demitri. He promised to teach her how to fight and that promise he intended to keep. He asked her to meet him early in the morning at his apartment, dressed ready to sweat and prepared to endure some cruel punishment. Being a bad ass comes with hard work after all, he remembered telling her.

The boy wore some shorts for easy maneuvering and his white undershirt. He stared at the only door that led to the outside world and waited for her to knock.
Logan Storm
Player

Words: 119475
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2015, 7:56 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Utopia In Sunberth

Postby Demitri Maebourne on March 19th, 2015, 12:55 am

It was a pale morning. Demitri walked down a quiet road of the Sunset Quarters, a bounce in her step that was uncommon in such an area. She wore loose shorts and a plain white shirt, boots as usual, and a slightly carefree expression that seemed to be her version of neutral. A light green bruise hung on her cheek, a gift from the events of the week before. She wasn't bothered by it, though; in fact, she had nearly forgotten it by now. Today was too lovely a day to spend on unpleasant memories.

Supposedly Logan would teach her how to fight. She'd never had a teacher, and knew nothing of it, so she couldn't help but be excited. Her friend was a fighter 'til the end, and seemed to adapt to every scenario in order to assure his and Demitri's safety. She honestly couldn't help but be a bit jealous; her meek form hadn't known a great deal of combat training, despite the city's reputation and her "profession." Maybe if he taught her a thing or two, she'd be better at protecting herself... and he wouldn't have to defend her all the time.

"Being a bad-ass comes with hard work," he'd said. She chuckled to herself again at that. Ever the confident one, wasn't he?

Finally she came to the house; like any other in this part of Sunberth, it was small, a bit shabby. She stood there for just a moment, smiling to herself as she always did, before she knocked- not to wait at the door, but to warn him that she was coming- and entered.

Logan stood in the middle of the front room, looking around at the furniture as if to assure himself of its placement. A blue couch faced a window; next to it were two chairs and a table. Her friend wore shorts and an undershirt, and again Demitri marveled at his lack of proper clothing in the cold of early spring. She sighed; then her smile brightened. "Hello there," she said cheerfully. "I believe you said something about becoming a bad-ass?"
I used my own picture for my avatar. Is that weird?
I was sick of not having pictures...
Oh well.
Also isn't it funny how you can make someone look completely different just by changing the lighting and upping the contrast?
Anyways, hi!
Demitri Maebourne
The Sneakiest of Sneaks

Words: 55391
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2015, 4:50 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Utopia In Sunberth

Postby Logan Storm on March 19th, 2015, 2:19 am

There was a knock at the door. Logan was readying to quickly answer it when Demitri suddenly waltzed in. At the sight of her he smiled.

She wore shorts that hung to her thighs and a white T-shirt that revealed her boyish features. He glanced a little at her bruised mark, deciding to only pay attention to her blue eyes. If he stared at her cheeks he would go on an uncontrollable rage of destruction, where his father would surely be the victim.

She seemed surprisingly happy today, happier than other days. Did Logan warn her that the work was going to be arduous? Her extremely cheerful disposition made Logan think that she did not care.

"Hello there," she said to him. "I believe you said something about becoming a bad-ass?"

He couldn't help but smile even wider. "I also said something about hard work."

"Shoes by the door, don't want your kicks to knock me out." Logan pointed at the door while he spoke, then his feet towards the end. Logan wasn't wearing any boots on his feet. The floor was cold under him, but if it bothered him too much then he could always place on his socks.

When, or if, Demitri took off her shoes, Logan would say, "Now, first thing I want you to do is stretch. You gotta always keep your body flexible when you wanna fight. Or else you will hurt yourself trying to pull some difficult moves."

"First, stretch your arms as far apart as you can." Logan would demonstrate by spreading his arms far away form his body. He could already feel his biceps extending. The skin on his arms felt like it was peeling away slowly, but it wasn't coming apart. After he did such, his arms felt lighter.
Logan Storm
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Utopia In Sunberth

Postby Demitri Maebourne on March 19th, 2015, 3:43 am

Demitri was immediately greeted with a smile, somewhat odd considering the boy's usual silent and stoic manner. The change only served to heighten her mood, and she looked in his eyes with an unabashed grin. "I also said something about hard work," he retorted, and then asked her to take her shoes off. She quickly obliged, yanking at her boots clumsily and then shaking each off her foot to fall by the door. As she did so she laughed. "Knock you out, huh," she repeated. "I'll bet I could manage that without shoes!" Excitedly, indulging her own slightly cocky attitude, she whipped around as he began the "lesson."

The girl had rarely been in a fight, even with her habit of thieving and therefore of getting caught. The extent of her self-defense knowledge was the smashing of glasses over heads, at most the dodging of flying tables. When she was little, she'd always managed to talk or guilt her way out of it. And in the years between now and then, she'd had Logan to look out for her at nearly every turn. She definitely wasn't going to learn from experience any time soon, so she viewed this as a necessity; it was only the fact that she could do it with her childhood friend that also made it a pleasure.

He told her that she needed to stretch, and she gave him a quizzical glance. How could that have anything to do with fighting? But as he explained it she conceded, throwing her arms out as far as possible in an attempt to match Logan's rather intimidating flex. She rolled her shoulders back, closed her eyes and let out a small groan, the pulling of the muscles reminding her how much her shoulders ached. She stayed that way for a few more seconds before letting her arms drop and hang like noodles at her sides. She wanted to ask if they needed to do a lot of stretching before fighting, but thought she might fare better if she quelled her impatience. Logan was the teacher, and as always, he knew what to do!
Oh well.
Also isn't it funny how you can make someone look completely different just by changing the lighting and upping the contrast?
Anyways, hi!
Demitri Maebourne
The Sneakiest of Sneaks

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Utopia In Sunberth

Postby Logan Storm on March 19th, 2015, 3:59 pm

It was odd for Logan to look at Demitri. Not odd in a bad way but odd in an extremely good way. He was happy watching her, the more he did the happier he got. Being around her was like pure ecstasy. Was it bad for him to feel this way? She was a good friend to him so of course he would be delighted that she was around, but the way he saw her now a days was very different than how good friends would with each other. Logan thought it very strange.

He noticed his good friend ending the arm stretch early and plopping her arms to the side. When he saw her let them hang as though they had done some strenuous task he chuckled.

"You alright there?" He asked her half concerned and half amused by her. "If you need us to stop then we can," he continued.

"One more stretch and then we are done. All you have to do is try to touch your toes without bending your legs."

Logan did so, showing her the simplicity of the stretch. He couldn't touch his toes effectively, but the outstretch helped him greatly by loosening his limbs. However, this exercise did some harm to both his legs and arms a little, as was to be expected from an ordinary exercise.

When both of them where done, Logan would say, "Alright, time to learn how to fight."

He would begin to circle her, his hands behind his back. He would speak in a revolting stuck up accent, shoulders stiff and straight to represent the stereotype of a high society male. Just to help with his act, his voice would become surprisingly high pitched and he would begin to march, not walk, around her.

"When learning how to kick the ass, one must first create a proper stance," he would joke. Logan rolled his tongue with every R-letter in his sentences, further improving his performance.

Logan would then come from behind Demitri and hold both her wrists. He would place them in front of her face, the left further from her downward sloping nose than the right. "Hands up frrrrrrront and feet behind." He said after he would bend down to grab her left leg and gently guide it to the back of her right foot.

"The one behind turned sideways to make the stance MOST rrrrrrefine!" To prove his point Logan would turn her left foot a little to the side.

When he was done showing Demitri how to stand, Logan would stand up and move to the front, dropping his stuck up act.

"Oh. And, I didn't practice that. It was just pure skill," he would say, joking about how he had made his sentences rhyme.
Logan Storm
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Utopia In Sunberth

Postby Demitri Maebourne on March 19th, 2015, 10:33 pm

The way Logan looked at her was different from usual; he seemed happier than he had in a long time. Demitri could only think it was strange- had something happened? Maybe he was faking it. Maybe he was tipsy? Or maybe the way he looked at her today meant something else entirely. They had been friends for a long time, but still she understood so little, and wondered so much... She wanted to ask if something was going on, but thought better of it. Maybe she was just seeing things.

She smiled and let her mind shift back to the "lesson." If Logan was happy, then so was she, and it would be best not to question it. He chuckled as her arms flopped to her sides. "You alright there? If you need us to stop then we can."

"Pshh," she dismissed him immediately, but retained a playful smile. "I'm not that much of a wimp!" Then he told her to reach for her toes, and she obliged, trying her best to keep her knees locked as she reached down. She grimaced ever-so-slightly, disappointed in how far her hands floated above her feet; it struck her as a wee bit pitiful. She remained that way, stretching as far as she could in her determination, until she saw Logan rise and decided to follow his lead.

Her eyes widened in an entertained sort of surprise as he brought himself up, stiff and straight as a board, and began walking in circles around her. "When learning how to kick the ass..." immediately she broke out in laughter, not even able to think of a witty retort as he carried on in his high-pitched, snooty imitation of a "proper gentleman." She loosened up and allowed him to move her limbs as he saw fit. Though it was hard to maintain the position with her growing laughter, she did her best to keep her hands in place and her foot turned as instructed. It lasted through all of his posing, just beginning to taper off into a light chuckle as he went back to his original place in front of her. "Oh. And, I didn't practice that," he said in reference to his clever wording. "It was just pure skill."

The laughter renewed itself, shorter but brighter. "Goodness, you must be the 'MOST rrrrrefined' gentleman in Sunberth!" She tried to mimick his voice in the middle, tripping pitifully over the rolled R-sound but matching pitch almost exactly. "You'll be performing at the Syliras Theatre someday, without a doubt." Enthusiastic as ever, she did her best to lock her arms in place as he'd left them, accidentally letting them droop slightly lower but keeping them at roughly the same distance from her face.

"So does turning my foot like that really help?"
Oh well.
Anyways, hi!
Demitri Maebourne
The Sneakiest of Sneaks

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Utopia In Sunberth

Postby Logan Storm on March 20th, 2015, 8:26 pm

Her laugh was a wonderful drug for Logan. How I would kill anyone to hear that every day, he thought.

As he finished instructing her, Demitri responded to his words by copying his accent. "Goodness, you must be the 'MOST rrrrrefined' gentleman in Sunberth!" She mocked him almost perfectly, but failed with rolling her R's. Her voice; however, met a perfect pitch better than his. Puberty prevented Logan from hitting the note he wished, but Demitri did so beautifully.

"You'll be performing at the Syliras Theatre someday, without a doubt," she teased. And he gave another wide smile, shifitng back to his rich guy voice to say, "Indubitably!"

As Logan got a good glance at her stance, checking to see if there was anything she needed to improve, Demitri asked, "So does turning my foot like that really help?"

Logan nodded, his hazel eyes meeting her light blue ones. "My trainer called it the steady foot," he said.

Logan turned into the same stance he instructed Demitri to be in and began to move around in it, side stepping and shifting from front to back. Every step was swift and fast, and ended with him firmly in the same stance he was in before. "Like every building needs steady ground," he said. "Every fighting style needs a steady foot. It allows you to place all your weight on it and balance you so that you won't accidentally fall while you are in a fight."

Logan turned his back foot to a front position and quickly stepped away from Demitri. When his back foot landed on the ground, the bottom of his foot rolled on the floor and Logan found himself taking a few more extra steps back to keep himself standing.

"You see," Logan said. "There was no foundation for my to quickly rest my body weight on, so when I moved back I had to take some un-needed steps."

"In a fight," he continued. "If you don't have foundation then you could loose your footing and the fight. You're already clumsy enough, I don't need you crashing into the ground with your butt trying to beat someone up."

When he was done explaining to her, Logan stood straight and watched Demitri. "Why don't you move around in that stance and get use to it. I have a lot I want to teach you, like how to punch, kick, all of the pressure points in the body, and how to throw someone to the ground without being strong enough to lift them."

He sighed a little then chuckled. "We got a lot ahead of us Dem. You better be kick ass after we're done."
Logan Storm
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Utopia In Sunberth

Postby Demitri Maebourne on March 22nd, 2015, 2:13 am

OOCLife interferes too much with my computer time... :p

"The steady foot." That made sense to Demitri. She settled into the position, making certain that her "steady foot" didn't shift at all. Then, she watched with utter shock and confusion as Logan settled into the position and then began moving around fast as a Dhani on the hunt, his precise steps almost catlike in their casual grace. "Like every building needs steady ground, every fighting style needs a steady foot," he explained. "It allows you to place all your weight on it and balance you so that you won't accidentally fall while you are in a fight."

She understood his explanation, but still held a blank, almost dumbfounded look as she continued to try and follow his steps. How could she possibly ever move like that and be ready to throw a punch? He stepped back from the girl, seeming to fall into a few more steps after that. "You see," he said. "There was no foundation..." She nodded. She wasn't perfectly sure how "un-needed steps" would make her lose in a fight, but she supposed she should go along with what Logan said anyway. After all, he knew a great deal more about these things than she did.

"If you don't have foundation then you could lose your footing and the fight," her friend continued. "You're already clumsy enough, I don't need you crashing into the ground with your butt trying to beat someone up."

She peered at him through narrowed eyes, trying to fake offense; still, a barely-stifled grin hung on her lips as she did this. "My, such blatant disrespect," she sighed. "I have no idea why I'm friends with you." At this she let herself smile slyly before shifting to ensure her footing once again. All jokes aside, falling on her behind was an everyday occurrence. Maybe this little exercise would help her fix that issue?

He told her to move around in the stance, and she nodded, her eyes a rare shade of uncertainty. Ever-slowly she tried to mirror Logan's earlier movements, stepping around in smooth motions and being careful to keep her foot at the same odd angle. She moved that way for a while, pausing occasionally to think about what she was doing or where she was going. Then she started to pick up speed, shifting around the room in smoother- albeit amateur- motions. Finally she stopped, returned to approximately the same place she'd started. She lowered her arms and stood normally, then fixed the boy with an unsure but hopeful look. "Was that any good?"

"We got a lot ahead of us Dem," he commented after. "You better be kick-ass after we're done." At this Demitri laughed just the slightest bit more. She found that just being around Logan made her more apt to smile. "Trust me," she said. "By the time we're done, I'll be the most kick-ass wimp in Sunberth."
Oh well.
Anyways, hi!
Demitri Maebourne
The Sneakiest of Sneaks

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Utopia In Sunberth

Postby Logan Storm on March 28th, 2015, 11:38 pm

OOCHehe. You are preaching to the choir.

Demitri's movements seemed alright. The more she moved in that form the better adjusted she would be. She wasn't half bad for a novice fighter; but for some reason Logan didn't want her to be half bad. He wanted her to be a murderer, or at least a destroyer. Yes, destroyer was good for now. Murdering came later.

"Alright!" Logan said taking off his shirt, showing off his lightly tanned skin. Underneath, his chest looked like it was pumped out his body, his six pack abs were as clear as day, and his muscles were practically pulsing with fat. What he had was the body of a body builder, an almost abnormal perfection for a boy still in his teens.

He did a couple of stretches himself, flexing his muscles and legs to loosen them more.

"We are gonna do a few sparing sessions. Come at me and I will defend myself. But, I will also come after you." Logan said, pumping himself by jumping up and down.

He stopped jumping once after he did so three times. "When I come after you," he said. "I want you to keep your eyes open." He pointed two fingers to his eyes. "It's human nature to flinch when their eyes are under attack, you need to break that nature."

Logan got into his stance. "Throw a couple of punches at me and I will block. If you think you can get a kick in, then get a kick in, but I'll only be blocking and punching. And when I punch you, Demitri, it will hurt. I'm not holding back."

Logan made a come hither sign then waited for Demitri to make a move. While he waited, he payed attention to everything about her, from her steps to her stance to her attacks. He wanted to make sure that Demitri was perfect in everything. If she wasn't, he would point it out to her as they went along.
Logan Storm
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Utopia In Sunberth

Postby Demitri Maebourne on March 30th, 2015, 3:46 am

"Alright," the boy exclaimed, and proceeded to remove his shirt. Demitri couldn't help but blush; her eyes darted to the side for a tick or two before she looked back at his face and attempted to seem as comfortable as ever. Her friend had... grown up. Again she thought of that odd look he'd given her before, but immediately she pushed it to the back of her mind. She must have been imagining things.

Anyway, how did a teenage boy get that much muscle on him? It was almost scary.

He stretched again, and Demitri did the same, once again letting out a small groan as she pulled her arms up and back behind her head. But when Logan spoke again, she froze, her face turning even whiter than its usual pale ivory. Sparring sessions.

She didn't feel exactly qualified for that. As he continued, she couldn't help but look at him with wide, fearful eyes. "Keep them open," she repeated, unsure how she could possibly do that. "I'll try..."

"Throw a couple of punches at me and I will block," he went on. Demitri closed her eyes, taking a deep breath to steady herself. She wasn't the type to be afraid, now was she? No, not in the slightest. She could throw a couple punches, take a couple hits. She might even win... eventually. She smiled at him, a light, playful smile that twisted up at the corner of her mouth.

"I'm not holding back."

"Best not. If you did, how'd we know when I finally beat you?"

He motioned for her to come at him, and she put herself once again in that stance, her foot jutting out sideways and her fists raised to her chin. She hoped she was doing it right, but she wouldn't let any uncertainty cloud her severe stare as she readied herself for the charge. She attached her gaze to his brown eyes, and almost nodded to herself before sliding forward in her best attempt to keep up the stance and throwing a right hook straight at his head. He would block it, of course; as he suggested, she might try to kick- if he caught her and she had just enough time. But at this moment all she could do was send her fist flying out and hope for the best.
Oh well.
Anyways, hi!
Demitri Maebourne
The Sneakiest of Sneaks

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next