Salutations!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Salutations!

Postby Antlia on March 21st, 2015, 1:36 am

I've been poking around the wiki and vaguely familiarizing myself with the forum for the past few days and I finally decided to go ahead and make an account here. And with a newly created account comes the need to make an introduction thread!

While I'm only twenty, I've been roleplaying (in one form or another) for the greater part of eight years. I started doing simple, chat based roleplaying and from there I migrated to forum based roleplaying. I also dabbled in a bit in table top, but I never had friends who enjoyed that stuff, so I never did much with that sort of thing.

The majority of my writing experience comes from another roleplaying forum I'm currently on (and have been on for a few years now). As someone who really likes to give back to the community, it's only natural that I've been one of the leading staff members on the aforementioned site for a while now as well.

Which brings us to my thoughts on this site!

I've been a little hesitant about joining if only because I don't want to put too much on my plate in terms of writing and whatnot. That being said, the lore and system this site goes by is simply too much of a pull for me. I've yet to be on a true, freeform fantasy site despite that being my favorite genre. Added onto that, this place has it's own fantasy with character driven story? It's really a wonder I haven't stumbled upon this place before!

As it stands, I'm thinking about making an Inarta, though the Kelvic and Ethaefal have a bit of a pull on me as well! Decisions, decisions...

Since I should start wrap up my ramblings, I'll leave with a question. What's the best way to get threading partners? I know the chatbox is the obvious answer, but the timid little girl in me is a bit too shy to go poking my nose in there until I feel a bit more comfortable with the setting/lore/etc.
Antlia
Player

Words: 5889
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2015, 12:50 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Salutations!

Postby Orin Fenix on March 21st, 2015, 1:44 am

Hi Mima and welcome to Mizahar! It's always great to have new blood especially people who are as excited about the site as we are. As to threading partners, there are so many ways. First off, as you mentioned, there's almost always someone in chat. But, if that's not your style, don't worry, there's a ton of other ways. First off, we have the Character Matchmaking forum. Just post with your city and an interest, or, if you've got something more elaborate such as you're looking for a long term thread partner or an adventuring group, that's the place to do it. Beyond that, every city has its own OOC thread where you can post looking for writing partners. Finally, you can shoot specific people PMs if that's more to your liking, or, just post an open thread in the forum and see who decides to show up. So, that is to say, there are tons of ways to find thread partners.

If we're ever in the same city, I'd be happy to thread with you! I'm currently in Syliras, at least through Spring although I'll be traveling down to Abura after that. Also, if you have any questions about lore, starting out, or just want to say hello and pick my brains, feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm pretty new myself, but I'm always happy to help.

I can't wait to see what you come up with!
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Salutations!

Postby Thohorn Riverbed on March 21st, 2015, 3:43 am

The best way might just be to ask!

Welcome to the game, Mima. I'm rather new here as well after attempting to join about two years ago. Like you I had other writing commitments. They stopped me from getting fully involved but they also involved running a community about half the size of Mizahar, so it wasn't exactly your average experience!

I have yet to update, or outright remake, my character sheet as part of getting involved once again.

One of the best ways I've found to guarantee yourself some staying power is to start working with players, new and old, right out of the gate! It tends to get you invested and motivated, which are two big things for long-term success.

My slate is as blank as it gets, so feel free to run some thoughts by me in here or in PM.
Thohorn Riverbed
Player

Words: 16671
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2012, 4:17 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Salutations!

Postby Caelum on March 21st, 2015, 4:28 pm

Welcome to Miz, Mima. :) I hope I was able to answer the questions you PMed me satisfactorily. Feel free to tag me again if you have require any further assistance regarding the ethaefal or anything else.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Salutations!

Postby Antlia on March 21st, 2015, 4:37 pm

I only just now realized I haven't said thank you publicly. Been to busy hiding in PM's!

Thank you all for the warm welcome. The friendliness of everyone here has definitely swayed me to stick to this place and whatnot. Though, I'll probably take a few more days absorbing the lore from the wiki and various, relevant topics I stumble upon.
Antlia
Player

Words: 5889
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2015, 12:50 am
Character sheet