[Telor/Crook/Snouit's Scrapbook] Under the Big Top

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Telor Riptide on March 26th, 2015, 6:20 pm

Welcome, one and all! I am the mostly sane ringmaster to the great, the marvelous, the ever-intriguing Big Top scrapbook!

This will be used for posting pictures, scraps of writing, or any other personal snip-its from my life.

Anyone else is welcome to add whatever they want, so long as:
1) It follows the rules of the site.
2) It is not too large of a picture or video (please post links to those!).
3) It is respectful, both to my views and the views of others who might see it.

And that's it! Just sit back and enjoy the show! Popcorn and peanuts are sold at the door.
Last edited by Telor Riptide on April 8th, 2015, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Common-Fratava-Vani
Telor Riptide
Player

Words: 24242
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2015, 12:08 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Telor/Crook's Scrapbook] Under the Big Top

Postby Telor Riptide on April 2nd, 2015, 12:30 pm

Yesterday, a new addition was welcomed to the family.

No, not a baby; a lizard! A bearded dragon named Luna was purchased and brought home yesterday. She is young but healthy, and eating as she should. She enjoys bathtime and naps, as all babies do. :D

Luna is the first lizard I've owned, though not the first I've cared for. I was lucky enough to babysit a bearded dragon previously, so I already what they like to eat, tricks to help them get their required sunshine, etc.

Pictures will be posted later.

Common-Fratava-Vani
Telor Riptide
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Telor Riptide on April 6th, 2015, 3:37 pm

Pictures of Luna the lizard linked below, as promised. :D
http://i.imgur.com/alEPPHB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VXDTguB.jpg
Telor Riptide
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Telor Riptide on April 9th, 2015, 12:29 am

A Confession

It isn't something I've kept hidden from you guys. It isn't anything that should effect your view of me or my time here on Mizahar. It is merely a personal goal of mine to be more open about my struggles, and because I feel very safe and welcome here, I decided Miz was as good a place to start as any. So let's get straight to it.

I have anxiety.
I get panic attacks daily, if not more than once a day. Panic attacks vary widely so, for those of you who are already familiar with them, my symptoms may not be the same you've heard of before. I shake uncontrollably. My muscles tense so tightly I cannot stand, let alone move. I cannot hear anything over the rush of blood in my ears, caused by a rapid heartbeat. There are usually sobs, and always hyperventilation to the point of numbness in my fingers and toes.

I thought these were normal until age 14, when I finally got caught during one of them by my mother. She was devastated, to say the least, and brought me immediately to find help. Since then, I have been through 8 different medications and 5 different therapists. It seems nothing is working.

Sure, there are things that help. Reading, writing, spending time with my boyfriend, interacting with animals- all these things can stave off an attack to a certain extent. But sometimes...most times...they are unstoppable. Once a day, I am required to fall to this demon that I cannot defeat.

I have had suicidal thoughts.
I haven't tried, but I have self-harmed, and that's close enough to scare me. I won't go into much more detail there, for the comfort of anyone who reads this. If you want to know the full story there, feel free to ask me to put it in a spoiler, but I won't put it out in anyone's faces.

I was hospitalized today for suicidal intentions during one of my episodes. I was with my mother, by sheer luck, when it happened. I told her I wanted to die, right then, and she took me to the ER. We both left frustrated, as they didn't do SHIT. They waited until I calmed down, took my vitals, and sent me on my way with a date for a new therapy session.

Too long;Didn't read- Today was a very trying day down an already rough road and I am thankful that I have made it this far, but pessimistic about the future.

Please, take a moment to be thankful for what you have. Give yourself a pat on the back for showering today. Smile, because you were strong enough to get out of bed and get dressed. It might seem dumb to you, but to be able to function would mean the world to me.

Common-Fratava-Vani
Telor Riptide
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nivel on April 20th, 2015, 5:30 am

Wow I totally missed this, my thoughts go out to you. Stay strong.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)