Completed The chains that bind (Orin)

The truth of about Orin's cat comes to light

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

The chains that bind (Orin)

Postby Sylvette Sciath on March 16th, 2015, 11:06 pm

Lettig Orin disengage himself from her her as he stood back again looking over her as if he was still trying to confirm she was indeed what he was seeing, brushing her tears away gently with his thumb, Orin was again making the peaceful face Sylvette loved seeing on his face. Shushing her one last time Orin informed her that he would not reject her and that he did in fact like her, aying her name for the first time, her real name, and telling her it was nice to meet, the true her, though, both her forms were her true self as far as Sylvette was concerned. though then Orin abruptly paused scartching the back of his head the way he does when he's not quite sure what to do, realizing that her name was not in reality, Ginger. To which Sylvette reply was a snort, that turned into a laugh, Smiling, up at Orin. "You can call me whatever pleases you, if you like it, so do I"

Looking at Sylvette's Wound Orin's face shifted quickly to one that showed worry
from his previous calming expression, his eyes showed that the thoughts behind them were likely grim ones. looking up he told her he would wanted to have her lag looked at, to which Sylvette's answer was a slow nod, It wasn't like she had a logical reason to turn down the offer of medical treatment.

After which it seems he had the idea of taking her treatment into his own hands, going over to the body he tore one of the pant legs off of the corpse after retrieving his dagger, then coming back to Sylvette he began to dress her wound after warning her it might hurt a bit wincing when pressure was put on her wound Sylvette bit her lower lip, not allowing her pain to vocalize itself. after a few moments of discomfort as Orin performed a haphazard field dressing on her leg, He offered to support her on the way back to town Or to have her transform so he could carry her back carry. as he said this he moved to retrieve the sword and in turn it's sheathe from the corpse, it was likely he wouldn't be using them any more anyways. Lookig up at her master, Sylvette decided that it would be best to transform and let him carry her. And in a moment the nude girl in front of Orin was again a cat. though the bandages Orin had made now laid limply on the ground, Pawing at them once Sylvette looked up at Orin and Meowed as if to say, It's the thought that counts.
Sylvette Sciath
Ginger

Words: 37951
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2014, 4:24 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Orin Fenix on March 17th, 2015, 1:35 am

Orin could see that Ginger, or Sylvette rather—he was going to have to get used to that sooner rather than later—was calmed down, at least partially, by Orin’s soothing words and gentle touches. ”Well, I think I’ll call you Sylvette. I mean I know that I wouldn’t want someone calling me by a name that wasn’t really mine. On that note I really am sorry that I called you Ginger.” Orin looked at Sylvette and just the faintest hint of teasing entered into his voice. ”To be fair, though it’s not like you ever told me what your name was so it’s not like I’m the one to blame here.”

It was true. After the initial glow from the bond had faded, Orin had found himself filled with questions and concerns about how and why Sylvette had chosen him. And Orin had no idea what in the world possessed her not to reveal her race to him. Sure, it would’ve been shocking. But right now it was shocking too. If my life hadn’t been in danger, I’m not sure she ever would have come clean about who she truly was! It was kind of a sobering thought.

But, the time for explanations was clearly not now. Thankfully, Sylvette hadn’t objected to Orin’s ministrations. As Orin looked at the wound more closely, however, he began to have serious doubts about whether the bandage he’d applied was actually doing anything. Orin had almost no medical experience to speak of. Sure, he’d gotten some rudimentary skills in Mithryn while caring for sick animals but humans were a completely unknown subject to him. And even the animals he was mostly just monitoring them, following the directions of the actual caretaker, and informing someone if Orin felt they had worsened. Also, his worry, which would have been present no matter what the circumstances, was substantially worse because this wasn’t just anyone. This was Sylvette. Orin’s Sylvette. She was his and he was hers. It resonated in his soul and felt absolutely right.

Sylvette seemed to be having many of the same doubts as Orin was about Orin’s mediocre, at best, doctoring. In a swirl of energy, the cat that was more familiar to Orin appeared, nudging the now loose cloths to show Sylvette’s decision. It was probably the right one. Orin could make much better time and she would be much less of a burden. Physically, that is. Orin felt she would never, could never, be a mental or emotional burden to him. He just prayed that the same would be true of him.

There was one more fringe benefit that Orin hadn’t realized until Sylvette had transformed. She was no longer naked. If she was going to appear naked every time she went from cat to human it could get awkward, fast. For Orin, obviously, but also for anyone else Orin or Sylvette might run in to. And it would never do for them to be living together as they had. For one, Orin wasn’t going to get fully undressed in front of her anymore. We’re going to have to work out some ground rules, aren’t we? Orin sighed, but it was a sound that carried more contentment than exasperation. Orin scooped Sylvette up and cradled her in his arms as if she was precious and fragile both, and then being stumbling and shuffling his way back home.
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Aoren on April 5th, 2015, 12:58 pm

Sylvette

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Hunting + 1 EXP
Herbalism + 1 EXP
Tracking + 2 EXP
Running + 3 EXP
Acrobatics +2 EXP
Dagger + 1 EXP
Tactics + 1 EXP
Philosophy + 2 EXP
Stealth + 1 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Herbalism: Use Of Clover In Hunting
Philosophy: Worth of A Human Life
Bonding With Orin

Orin

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Persuasion + 2 EXP
Herbalism + 1 EXP
Planning + 2 EXP
Acrobatics + 3 EXP
Dagger + 2 EXP
Tactics + 2 EXP
Brawling + 1 EXP
Medicine + 1 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Herbalism: Fauxil
Dagger: Pro's and Cons of Reaching Distance
Tactics: Seeing Through An Obvious Feint
Bonding With Sylvette
Medicine: Bandaging A Thigh Laceration

+1 Shortsword to Orin
+1 Shortsword scabbard to Orin

Notes :
If you have comments, questions or concerns please approach me at your earliest convenience. Don't forget to edit/delete your request in the request thread!
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous