[Orin] Mostly Recipes

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Orin] Mostly Recipes

Postby Aventis on April 7th, 2015, 8:15 pm

Except this time Philo was there.

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

[Orin] Mostly Recipes

Postby Philomena on April 8th, 2015, 2:58 am

So, I'll cry afterwards. And if I like you I'll start painting your name on my skin each morning.
Philomena
Player

Words: 718931
Joined roleplay: December 29th, 2012, 3:40 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

[Orin] Mostly Recipes

Postby Aventis on April 8th, 2015, 9:14 am

*hugs Philomena*

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

[Orin] Mostly Recipes

Postby Orin Fenix on June 22nd, 2015, 12:39 pm

Hi all! I'm so sorry that I've been a bit scarce this past week or so. I started a new job recently and the schedule has been more than a bit crazy and erratic. We've got a huge project coming up this week as well, so hopefully after that's finished I'll have a bit more free time on my hands. To all my thread partners, apologies for the delay and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

[Orin] Mostly Recipes

Postby Philomena on June 22nd, 2015, 5:22 pm

Hope the new job is going well! Thinking good thoughts at you
Philomena
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

[Orin] Mostly Recipes

Postby Orin Fenix on June 30th, 2015, 2:55 am

Apologies again to everyone for the lengthy and unexpected absence. I'm hopefully at least back physically, if not quite mentally yet and will be catching up on my backlog of replies as soon as my brain starts working again.

For those of you who care about where I've been (and those who don't, feel free to stop reading) I started a new job a couple weeks back. I work in the theater, although I've still got two years left in school so this is more of a summer gig. Anyway, new job, with completely new responsibilities. It started off fine schedule and work load wise. I was in the office most days, but I had a lot of free time during and after, and it wasn't necessarily something that required my entire attention. However, we were working up to a project, a concert specifically. This concert was composed of entirely new songs, written in a month, which would have been crazy all on its own. However, we also had to find actors on super short notice because we had no idea who we were going to cast until the rough drafts of the pieces came in, which was approximately two weeks before the show.

So, we had to find a cast in about a week. Now, keep in mind that this was all going on in addition to the other projects we had going on that summer. And this was a huge show. We ended up having twenty four actors involved. And because it was short notice, most of them were still working other jobs at the same time. So, after we finally cast it, two nights before the first rehearsal, we had to make the schedule. For the record, scheduling twenty four actors with conflicts, most of whom were performing in four or five of the songs, was a complete nightmare. Our rehearsals were mostly from 2:00-9:00pm, to accommodate people's other work. Except, because the songs weren't finished, I also had the job of printing new drafts of each one as they came in. So I was in the office around 9:00am, because that had to happen well before rehearsal, and I had my other office duties to attend to. Also, because I'd been the point person who originally reached out to the actors after they'd been cast, they started coming to me with concerns. And the stage manager ended up being unavailable for a few rehearsal, which meant I ended up running the room more often than not. The creative team also stayed after until around 10:00pm every night, and it takes me about an hour to get to my apartment, which meant I was working over twelve hours a day and sleeping only six on a good night, because once I got home I also had to do chores and whatnot, like laundry and cooking. It all paid off in the end because the show was beautiful and everyone went off happy. But it was a week of some of the hardest work I've had to do mentally, and I'm exhausted. So all that is to say, be patient with me as I get back into the groove of things here.
Orin Fenix

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

[Orin] Mostly Recipes

Postby Philomena on July 5th, 2015, 3:57 am

Congratulations on the show turning out! Backstage/business is a LOT of work, and this sounds like a particularly exciting bit. Hope things are slowing down a LITTLE bit, but excited that you're doing work that, while it sounds exhausting, seems like what you really want to do as well :).
Philomena
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

[Orin] Mostly Recipes

Postby Orin Fenix on July 19th, 2015, 3:38 pm

So I know that I have been horrible with my presence here recently and to all my thread partners and people I've promised plots to or projects I said I'd work on, I give my sincerest apologies. I don't really have any great excuses beyond my job being mentally draining, even though it's not quite the same hours as it was before. Basically when I get home I don't have the energy to keep up an active presence here and my ability to go do Mizahar related tasks while actually at work has been severely reduced as well. Only one more week left in my current job though, and after that I really should have some more time to devote to here. I'm going to actively try and make my way back this week though, so it's not as big of an adjustment. Thanks for being patient everyone!
Orin Fenix

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

[Orin] Mostly Recipes

Postby Orin Fenix on August 31st, 2015, 11:31 pm

Hey everyone. So I'm back from an unexpected and unannounced break. I'm still not going to be back fully, since I still have a few personal issues that I'm working out but I'm hoping to be able to start getting back to people soon both IC and OOC. To everyone who I had threads with or was planning threads with or was planning a project with, I am so so sorry for disappearing. I know it's a bit late but if anyone wants to throw in a placeholder let me know. I'm excited to be back and I hate that I was missing without any notice.
Orin Fenix

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

[Orin] Mostly Recipes

Postby Keene Ward on September 1st, 2015, 2:13 am

Good to see you back. :)
Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Words: 1279864
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2014, 2:16 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2014 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

PreviousNext