Creating a Personal NPC

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Creating a Personal NPC

Postby Ilvira on May 4th, 2015, 7:39 pm

Hi! I'm wondering what I have to do to create a NPC as a friend to my character, Ilvira. (Ilvira is an Inarta citizen of Wind Reach in the Yasi class.) Is there a certain place where I'm supposed to submit a form to create a NPC? Is that what I'm supposed to do?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me and answer my question. :smirk:
Ilvira
Yasi

Words: 7614
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2015, 12:11 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Creating a Personal NPC

Postby Alija on May 4th, 2015, 7:54 pm

I'm not too certain about it myself, but depending if you want it to be a stationary NPC or a travelling one, you might have to request it at the help desk.
NPC Lore this might be useful. I'm slightly confused about it too.
How would you go about getting an NPC that you would adopt later?
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Words: 349054
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Creating a Personal NPC

Postby Ilvira on May 4th, 2015, 8:23 pm

I read through the NPC page and I'm still a bit confused too. I'm not sure about adopting an NPC... I think somewhere in the NPC Lore page it said you can acquire an NPC by threading about the NPC and that a storyteller would officially decide whether or not to award the NPC to you.

I'm not sure what a friend would be considered as: a stationary or traveling NPC? If the NPC I want is my PC's best friend then obviously they're going to be doing a lot of stuff together and be in the same place often, so would that be considered a traveling NPC? Or would it be a stationary one since it's not my PC's child or slave or anything?

And I wonder of it matters whether or not you acquire an NPC through gameplay or through the help desk? The NPC Lore didn't really specify whether or not each option is open to everyone or if you need to meet certain requirements to earn a NPC through threading.
Ilvira
Yasi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Creating a Personal NPC

Postby Orin Fenix on May 4th, 2015, 8:32 pm

Traveling versus stationary just means if you leave Wind Reach will your NPC travel with you I believe.
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Creating a Personal NPC

Postby Ilvira on May 4th, 2015, 8:49 pm

Well, in that case I guess my NPC will be a stationary one then. I'm still not sure about how exactly to create an NPC though...
Ilvira
Yasi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Creating a Personal NPC

Postby Elias Caldera on May 4th, 2015, 9:00 pm

You'd submit the NPC to the Help Desk just like you would a regular character to the character sheet section. Think of it like that, just on a smaller scale.

Edit: I'll send you a copy of what my npc submission looked like so you can get an idea.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Words: 1255799
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2013, 1:28 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)