[PC Journal] Mayra

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

[PC Journal] Mayra

Postby Mayra on May 6th, 2015, 5:03 pm

MAYRA'S BOOKSHELF

This is Mayra's bookshelf. It's a little more than just a journal, but has the same concept. Feel free to post IC letters and written notes, addressed to Mayra, here.
This character is deceased as of the 44th, so I will not be taking anymore threads.
Mayra
Mildly Wild

Words: 149273
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2015, 2:00 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

The Guide

Postby Mayra on May 6th, 2015, 5:09 pm

the Guide to the Language of Your Pioneers that Have Invested in a Nefarious path to the Greatest dangers
473AV

Dear Reader,
If you are determined to unlock the most basic art, here are your instructions. The first step is to read my original lesson, but I have destroyed them. If you find my word and you may use the original to ease your way. I've left you clues at the bottom.
Marckius Kive
This character is deceased as of the 44th, so I will not be taking anymore threads.
Mayra
Mildly Wild

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Pickled Okra Recipe

Postby Mayra on May 6th, 2015, 5:10 pm

Pickled Okra

Total Cost= 5 g, 2 s, 7 c

Ingredients:
    1 1/2 pounds of fresh okra (3 g)
    4 garlic cloves (1 s, 6 c)
    1 lemon (5 s)
    2 cups cider vinegar (1 qt = 4 s)
    2 cups water
    1.5 oz kosher salt
    (2 c)
    .5 oz sugar (3 c)

Pickling spices:
    1 oz mustard seeds (5 c)
    .5 oz coriander seeds (5 c)
    .3 oz fennel seeds (3 c)
    .3 oz celery seeds (3 c)
    .3 oz black peppercorns (1 chili pepper = 1 g)
    finely chop, only use about 1/4th for all

Special equipment needed:
    4 pint canning jars
    4 gal Iron Pot
    Steaming Grate
    Candles

1. Rinse fresh Okra and trim stems. Set aside.

2. Stir spices together in small bowl. Set aside. Cut four medium-width slices of lemon. Set aside. Peel garlic and cut in half. Set aside.

3. Boil vinegar, water, salt and sugar. Once salt and sugar has dissolved, remove saucepan from fire.

4. Put steaming grate in separate pot, boil jars. Place jars on clean surface separately. Do not place hot jars on a cool surface, they will crack.

5. Drop one slice of lemon in each jar. Pour 1-2 tablespoons of mixed spices on each lemon. Place two half-cloves of garlic ontop of each lemon slice and spices.

6. Pack the okra well into the jars. Leave room near the top of the jar.

7. Pour the hot vinegar mixture over the okra in each jar. Don't fill completely. To remove bubbles, run a dull knife between the okra and the jars. Add more of the vinegar mixture if necessary.

8. Make sure the rims are completely clean before closing the jars. Make sure the lids are firmly clasped.

9. Place jars back into the pot you first boiled them in. Remove exces water and boil for 15 chimes. Once done, put back on clean, but not cool, surface to cool.

10. For a better seal drip melted wax onto the rim of the seal once cooled.

Mayra
Mildly Wild

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes