Flashback A Royal Rumble

Unarmed Training

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

A Royal Rumble

Postby Elias Caldera on May 7th, 2015, 5:46 am

51st Day of Spring, 508 AV

…And so we must remember, to effectively disable the parasite quickly and cleanly, the head must be destroyed in order to…” The words of the professor rambled on at tedium as the old man continued to poke and prod the pale, dead thing laying on the slab before him. The petitioner barely paid attention anymore, his eyes and his focus fixed solely on another soul across the assembly of his fellow prospects crowding around the exhibit. The other stared back at Elias, his unflinching, beady orbs glaring with heated contention while an unconstrained sneer warped his already twisted face. That’s right you ugly piece of shyke, get a good luck, because when the fight starts, all you’re going to see of me is my fist in your big, stupid face. There was no hesitation in his bubbling hostility, and in fact, every moment the two silently sized the other up just made Elias all the more angrier. It was the boy’s face that really made him the most annoyed he had decided, as said big stupid thing was home to an equally big and stupid jaw that looked like it could take a few hits, not to mention the kid’s size and stature oftentimes made the young petitioner wonder if his supposedly sixteen year old opponent had shaved off his beard before coming to class this morning. Doesn't matter how big he is, it just means he’ll hit the ground harder when I’m done with him. Elias calmly reminded himself as he tore his gaze off the other boy and returned it to the instructor still probing the vile corpse on his table. He still wasn't sure what the robed man was saying, but it didn't help that his was mind was still affixed to the cruel machinations he had in store for the fool who had dared to challenge him to a fight.

A sudden jab across his ribs caught his attention and he looked down, shaken from his thoughts all of a sudden to see Jaron stabbing him in the side with his elbow. “Ichor.” The young boy hissed between tightened lips as he stared straight ahead. It was if he was trying remarkably hard to hide the fact that he was talking, but why? Suddenly the Ravokian realized the answer to his own question as he peered back up to behold every eye among the crowd of Ebonstryfe initiates were now turned on him, waiting expectantly. “Well, Caldera?” The instructor reiterated, his impatience emphasized by the tapping of his scalpel on the creatures open chest cavity. “Uh… Ichor, sir?

Ichor, correct. Very good. You see the white substance has completely replaced the blood system of the Nuit’s host, and acts in much the same way as…

The words trailed off again as the students returned to observing the apparently undead corpse. Elias let loose a deep sigh of relief, a threw a small, wordless “thank you” Jaron’s way for the boy's quick save. The other petitioner nodded and grinned and the two of them joined the others in taking more notes on the task at hand. Every once in a while however, Elias would spare a glance towards his opponent, fist clenching at the thought of what was to come.

The lesson ended a half a bell later with the professor shouting at the backs of his escaping student to be ready for next week’s where they would be learning the delicate intricacies of dealing with the ‘exotic and majestic Dhani’ race. He had also promised live test subjects this time, and kindly reminded everyone to bring their aprons and to not eat too much that morning. The students poured out of the catacombs that were the torture chambers below the Vitrax, a place as common and comfortable as the dining hall was to them by now. Elias and Jaron walked side by side as they exited, and the Caldera noticed the big jawed brute wasn't anywhere to be seen as they left, which was good… for him. “Rhysol, can you imagine it? An entire island of those creepy things just swapping bodies out day and night. You know I’m pretty sure my Nan might a Nuit. She’s always so pale and weird, and the way she insists on pinching my cheeks every bloody chance she gets… I think she’s just testing out the leather upholstery on her new meat suit.

The Caldera smiled, clearing the archways of tunnel and entering out into the Vitrax’s courtyard where upon the pack of petitioners scattered on cue. Divided into little groups, they all went their separate way to do whatever they pleased. Normally they all went to evening prayers around this time, but today they were left free to their own devices thanks to the sudden and unexplained absence of the paladin in charge of the daily ritual. The rumors so far was either he had been cursed by one of his rivals and was now too busy collecting all his teeth as they fell out, or a night at the local brothel had left him with a particularly virulent rash that required immediate tending to. Elias wasn't sure which one he would enjoy spreading around more, so he simply decided on both and his smile deepened. “You know he’s going to quiz us on this shyke.” Elias warned, looking grimly at his own feeble collection of notes. He should have paid better attention he realized too late, but then again that sentiment felt like it was his entire life when it came to anything other than his martial training. “Yah.” Jaron responded, an idle expression fluttering over his expression as he caught on to his friend’s meaning and not so subtly tucked away his own notes well out of reach. “Anyway, you want to head down to the docks. Since we've got free time, a bunch of us wanted to say our hellos to the new recruits coming in.” Elias raised an eyebrow. “I hear they were a couple of Akalak brothers?” He asked curiously and Jaron nodded, the distaste he showed mirroring the other prospect’s. “You know, just a little ‘welcome to Ravok’ sort of deal. I've got an extra club under my bunk if you need one.

Can’t.” Elias interrupted disappointingly, abruptly hopping up unto his tip toes and delivering a number of swift jabs and hooks into the air with practiced precision. “I've got to get ready for the fight.” He felt a nauseating mixture of excitement and apprehension begin to take form in his stomach as the thought of imminent combat raced back to the forefront of his mind, but the young man thought he did a well enough job hiding the fact that he wasn't feeling anything other than overjoyed at the prospect. “Oh yah. I forgot about that.” Jaron said snidely, and Elias froze mid punch, throwing the younger boy an exasperated look before launching his arms up in annoyance. “How!” He shouted indignantly. “How is it you could forget about the fight when you’re the damn reason I’m doing it in the first place!” Not to mention word had already spread throughout the entire barracks like wildfire already. Half the petitioners were already whispering about it, and the other half were busy putting down bets.

Hey now!” Jaron quickly interjected, throwing his arms up defensively as Elias angrily unleashed a barrage of fake punches at the boy. “As I recall –Quit it!- he called us –Stop hitting me!- he called us both a couple of ‘milk drinking little bitches,’ but you were the one who decided that meant it was time to challenge him to a duel, not me. No one asked to stand up for my honor, dear knight, so let’s not pretend this isn’t entirely on you for getting in over your head. I don’t know what you were thinking anyway, he’s clearly a better fighter.

He’s not a better fighter you shyke stain, but thank you for the encouraging support.” Elias growled, slapping Jaron’s meager defenses aside and jabbing him hard in the stomach. The boy buckled against the strike, pushing away from Elias in helpless retreat. “Fine, fine, I’ll come to cheer you on then, but you better not get yourself beaten up in the first round or else I’ll be very displeased. I've never even seen an Akalak before, you know. I hear they look just like blue berries… Gosh, aren't the lesser races just positively fascinating. I can’t wait to kill a- Hey, where are my notes!

But Elias was already running off, the fluttering pages of his prize held victoriously over his head as Jaron shouted and gave chase.
Last edited by Elias Caldera on May 7th, 2015, 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Words: 1255799
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2013, 1:28 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Royal Rumble

Postby Elias Caldera on May 7th, 2015, 6:04 am

The time flew by sooner than the young man would have liked, but he had made the most of it with as much warming up as he could manage. Push up, sit ups, anything he could do to strain his muscles and get them nice and ready for the mercy killing he was about to deliver. He could see the small, sandy segment of the training hall that was usually reserved solely for hand to hand combat maneuvers was already swarming with people, while in contrast the rest of the hall was completely and eerily deserted. In the middle of the makeshift arena stood Jaron, an excited look upon his face as the decent sized crowd around him jeered and shouted, more than a few already throwing about coin along with other trinkets they hoped were worth enough to get them in the pot. He wasn't surprised that it had been Jaron himself who had inevitably opted to be the one handling all the money. The sly boy noticed Elias approaching and shushed the crowd as best he could.

"Alright, everyone shut up, so I can explain the rules here.” Elias pushed his way through the crowd until he felt sand crunching beneath his boots and stopped. His opponent waited on the opposite side, shirtless and sneering in contempt just like Elias. “I want a good, clean, honorable fight from you two, no low blows, no eye gouging no… no...” Jaron chuckling as he spoke quickly turned into full blown laughter as he could no longer contain himself. “I’m just kidding. Murder each other as violently as you please gentlemen. No one came here to see some slapping match. We demand blood, right!?” He shouted at the crowd and they in turn shouted back in excitement. “We want mayhem, right?!” They bellowed even louder and the effect wasn't lost on either of the fighters who were now growing antsier by the tick.

Well then let’s get this carnage started! Introducing first, fighting out of that corner right over there, standing at who the petch cares how tall, and weighing in at nobody gives a damn, you know him as the toad faced asshole of the Vitrax, the bastard with the mug only a mother could love, it’s the one, the only, Duchess!” The bigger boy threw up a rather rude gesture at the impromptu announcer and looked as if he were about to pounce on Jaron right then and there. Luckily for the petitioner, Jaron’s gaggle of lackeys held him back, but didn't bother restraining themselves from letting Jaron know what they thought of him as well. They were mostly drowned out among all the yelling and chants of violence coming from the crowd. Wait, hold on… I’m fighting a guy called Duchess?”

"Fighting out of that side of the litter box, boasting an impressive record of 0 wins and shyke else, it’s the Ebonstryfe’s self proclaimed finest, Elias ‘the killer’ Caldera!" Several pats on the back from the crowd behind him let Elias know he at least had a few coins riding on him to win this. Without taking his eyes off the bastard he was now fully geared to beating into the dirt, he craned his neck and grabbed one of the people beside him and pulled the stranger in close. “His name is Duchess? Why do they call him Duchess?” He politely screamed into the kid’s ear. The boy shot him an alarmed glance. “Nobody knows, he beats up anyone who asks!” He shouted back in return over the roar of the crowd, and for a brief moment the two of them shared in the same horrified and confused expression. Duchess on the other hand, had begun to smile. "Alright you blood thirsty louts, last chance for bets! Come on, fork it over.” Jaron went about the impatient crowd with as much charm as a loan shark, collecting all the stray copper and silver that he had missed the first time around, but still wasn't greedy enough to get anywhere near Duchess’s side of the ring, giving the masculine blonde haired brute a wide birth. Eventually he made his way over to Elias’s end. “How’d you like my announcing there, pretty impressive huh.

"You’d make a better Pit Fight caller than an apprentice, that’s for sure." Elias retorted smartly.

Yah well, if you pull this off I should be rich enough to retire as anything I wanna be. So don’t petch it up."

Thanks, coach.

From somewhere among the crowd, someone had brought him a pair of hand wrappings, probably to cushion some of the blow from a punch and perhaps make the whole thing last a bit longer for the crowd’s entertainment. He wondered if anyone of them would be so kind to also administer any first aid by the end, but he wiped that joke out of his mind and slipped the coverings onto his fists, flexing his fingers uncomfortably as he did so. Duchess had received his own pair, and Elias nearly quivered with rage at the blatant cockiness of the petcher who had now taken to bouncing softly on the balls of his feet. Attempting to think back about what he knew of this boy as it seemed the match was about to begin, Elias couldn't recall anything in particular other than the obvious; He was big, he was strong, and he often carried about him the faint odor of other petitioners' tears. Not a very helpful list of facts all told, so the only thing Elias could utilize was his knowledge of hand to hand combat and the fury within which he eagerly embraced.

He watched the way the other boy held his stance; Right side back, left foot forward, which meant he was most likely a right side dominant fighter, just like Elias. His stance was very mobile as well, and the way he moved constantly on the balls of his feet told Elias he preferred to be active rather than duke it out toe to toe. His shoulders were also extremely built, with powerfully corded muscles that reached down from the sides of his what little neck the hideous creature had.

"Alright betting is over! Let’s do this! No more waiting, fight, fight, fight!"

Elias brought his hands up and bent his knees like he had been taught. Immediately he noticed how much more rigid his fighting style was than his opponent's. It was surprising, but hardly mattered. He stepped forward to engage, hungry for bloodshed just like it seemed his opponent was, but Elias still had enough wherewithal about him to remember he was going in blind. He needed to be smart about this and weed out his enemy’s weaknesses before he could exploit them. Then he could enjoy himself. Tossing in a short jab as the two met each other in the middle of the ring, Duchess absorbed the impact from the blow with his forearms and then responded by darting forward and landing a pair of hard, vicious shots right into Elias's mouth. The force behind the hits were unbelievavbly substantial, causing the one who had been on the receiving end to stumble back. What the hell! What happened to warming up! Furiously, the Caldera rushed back, swinging with a wild right hook which was met with only air as Duchess bobbed like a man half his size and twice as experience, countering with a brutal right straight to Elias's gut.

Despite how hard and pristine the initiate liked to think his sweet pack of abs were, they weren't hard enough that he didn't feel the amount of follow through Duchess had in his punch. A punch that nearly drove the entirety of Elias's innards out his rear end. Clenching his teeth, he wobbled over to the side as Duchess rose up into a full stance and spun with a spinning back fist. The petitioner wasn't sure it had even connected at first, not until another pair of left and right straights to the temple brought him back to reality, and he realized that had definitely been three hits. Definitely. The result was Elias tumbling straight down to the ground like a sack of bricks. He managed to find his hands and knees before actually diving headlong into the sand, but a foot caught him in the side and suddenly he was on his back peering up hazily at the high ceiling of the training hall with Jaron's aghast face looking down on him.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Royal Rumble

Postby Elias Caldera on May 7th, 2015, 6:20 am

"What happened?" Elias managed to mumble as he felt himself being dragged away. He wanted to stand, but as his vision began to violently swirl, he decided there was no harm in just sitting for a little while long. Instead he looked about dizzily and instantly found Jaron hoisting him unto his feet despite his grumbled protests. “Well it’s not great, Elias. You've just had your ass handed to you and everyone’s laughing, but it’s not all bad, the fights not over yet.” Elias groaned. “I've managed to convince them that this fight is divided into rounds, and so we've got about thirty seconds to get you ready before he decides to come over here and kill the both of us.” That was smart, or at least the apprentice to be should have thought so, but all he could form into thought was how much he wanted to go to sleep right now. Violently, he shook his head, clearing out the cobwebs for the most part, but making his headache all the worse. With a deep breath, he steadied himself and pushed off of Jaron, finding his own two feet again and shaking out the rest of his body. There were some relieved but agitated sighs from the crowd as those around him began to regret their unwise bets.

That’s good thinking, Jaron. Well done.

Yah, well I figured it would look better if you went down in the second round instead of right off the bat. The crowd might decide to beat me up if this fight was a waste of time after I took… all their… money- why are you looking at me like that?

Are you petching kidding me!” Elias snapped, taking the other boy by his collar.

I’m kidding, I’m kidding. I would never bet against you, are you crazy? It was a joke… Right? I am joking about this, right?” He nervously inquired, narrowing his eyes as if there were anything other answer. “I mean of course I am, unless you want get rich off this, then you should definitely take a dive before he murders you. Or not. I’m usually good at reading people, but with your face all banged up, I’m having a hard time here.

Elias hefted Jaron nearly off his feet and barely restrained himself from shaking the initiate to death. “Then let me make it clear for you; I am not losing this damn fight.

Someone clattered two spare pieces of what was probably armor together to simulate a gong sound, and official or not, Duchess was impatiently wading his way back into the ring. Oh shyke. Elias hastily tossed his coach and companion aside and willed himself back into this war. He knew he had to work defensively at keeping his hands up lest he wanted to eat another one of those haymakers that had nearly knocked him unconscious earlier. Three rapid fire jabs came his way before he knew was was happening, each more arrogant and mocking than the last as his opponent circled to the side, either testing his range or letting Elias know just what he was in for. The petitioner knew for certain he had at least had a longer reach than the other boy, but this Duchess's foot work had already proven to be far better than expected. Unfortunately, the brute wasn't all dumb brawn and sluggish muscle.

Ducking down, Elias lunged forward with little warning, taking firm grip around Duchess's mid-section with what he hoped looked like a well-executed tackle. Knocking the blonde back a few steps, Elias followed up with a segment of strikes from his knees, looking to drive them up into his opponent's ribs. While a few made contact, most were staved off by Duchess raising his own knee and dropping his elbow, creating a strong shield on the side where the attack originated. Unable to squeeze his fist beneath the small opening created by Caldera’s extremely close quarters grip, Duchess improvised by jamming his elbow down into Elias's shoulders. The pain and numbing sensation was immediate and he felt his grip beginning to waver and slip. Thinking quickly, Elias wrapped his calf around one of Duchess's and swung his hip into his opponent's, awkwardly bringing Duchess's feet up and over as the petitioner demonstrated he had indeed been paying attention during all those hand to hand combat practices. Though Duchess was momentarily dethroned from his feet, the agile boxer was quickly back up before Elias could further capitalize. Coming in with his well practiced jab, Elias brought his hands up only to discover too late that the blow was in fact a feint. Dropping down, Duchess slammed a left hook into the ribs of his smaller opponent, causing Elias to nearly double over from the force. The buckling revealed an opening and Duchess, smelling blood, followed through with an uppercut that sent beads of sweat flying from Elias's poor face. The final maneuver was a right hook, effectively feeling as if it had separated Elias's head from his shoulders, bringing him back down to the sand in a pathetic heap.

Round! That’s the round!” Jaron came careening into the melee, bravely putting himself in the line of fire between Elias and the other boy. Perhaps because he was simply enjoying drawing this execution out as long as he could or his knuckles hurt from the beating he had delivered, Duchess surprisingly backed away without much complaint, leaving both coach and fighter retreating to their corner to a chorus of boos and insults from those who were now convinced they had just wasted their money and time.

Rhysol preserve me, what in the name Voice is happening here! Where was his training? Where was his skill! He was Elias petching Caldera, prodigy of the god’s damned Ebonstryfe, and this nobody punk was destroying him like a fresh slave at the Pit. He couldn't lose this, not now when so many people were watching. If Duchess won, he would never hear the end of it. Worse than that, everyone would think he was all talk and no walk. He couldn't give them any reason to treat him like they treated weaklings like Jaron before the boy had befriended Elias and came under his unspoken protection. He turned to his friend, the boy fanning him with his hands for lack of anything better to do. He could no doubt see the confusion and pleading in Elias’s eyes, but only returned a look of helplessness in return. Breathing heavily, the swordsmen tried to calm his nerves and his aches in what little time the raucous crowd allowed him. He ignored their taunts and verbal abuse, Duchess’s side of the ring being particularly rude and inventive, and focused instead on himself. He needed to go about this more tactically, he was certain of that, but the 'how' of it all still escaped him.

"Alright, I got it. You need to ground him.” He heard someone say suddenly, and was shocked to realize it was Jaron of all people. The boy wasn't at all exceptionally well versed in combat, but Elias listened intently none the less, desperation driving him to desperate measures. He was after all pretty skilled when it came to using his head, which was what drove Elias into buddying up with the smaller kid in the first place. Theirs was an alliance of convenience that had managed to somehow blossom into something akin to genuine friendship, even among the hardships of their petitioner training. The least he could do was hear him out. “You can't get anywhere just going up against him with just your fists. Take him down like you did last time, then hold him there. He’s a big guy, so let him exhaust himself out on the ground and pray to Rhysol that he isn’t as good on his back as he is with his hands.

…That’s it?

Ummm... Yah, that’s all I got.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Royal Rumble

Postby Elias Caldera on May 7th, 2015, 6:30 am

Elias rubbed the wetness from his forehead and was glad to realize it was just sweat, not blood… yet. He launched himself back into the ring with a roar, pounding his fists together and goading Duch into the fight with a renewed confidence that belied his beaten and battered body. Duchess was not impressed. "Squeal all you want, Caldera, but I’m still going bury you in this sand.” Elias growled at the brute’s deep voiced taunting. It was obvious from the beginning the bastard had far more experience fighting in such a capacity than Elias did, but there had to be a way to overcome him. Until that moment however, Duchess had ever right to be as arrogant as he wanted.

And when I’m done with you, your girlfriend back there is next.” The boxer continued, jabbing a sharp, burly sausage of a finger in Jaron’s direction. He could practically feel the other petitioner’s immediate surge of uneasiness and downright terror radiating from behind him. “Uh, Okay then. Elias, going to need you to really step it up here, buddy.

"Just petching hit each other already!” Someone from the crowd shouted, and it wasn't long before the entire audience took up the chant.

With a great swell of air, Elias raised his hands up in an offensive posture and Duchess took his own boxer's stance, feet dancing lightly from front to back. Damn he was agile, but this time Elias was the first to cross the distance and put himself directly in front of the enemy, an enemy who quickly shuffled out of the way so as to avoid being cornered. Elias hunted his prey doggedly however, ducking beneath a quick jab before closing in with hard swing of not his fist, but his much harder and deadlier elbow. Duchess simply met the elbow with his own, attempting to keep his defensive cover strong and uncompromised by the unexpected tactic. Elias hooked a punch after that, which ended up sailing painfully wide, giving Duchess the opportunity to outmaneuver Elias once more and slip beneath his right shoulder. Now it appeared the positions were completely turned around, with Duchess on the outside and Elias stuck near the corner of the ring.

Jaron had suggested taking the man down, but Elias couldn't manage to find an opening to even exploit anymore. His stance was too strong, and his center of balance was surprisingly stable for a kid of his size. As Duchess danced around the perimeter of Elias's effective punching range he suddenly darted it, swinging with a combination beginning with two left jabs followed by a right straight. Elias did well enough sweeping his hands at the appropriate times to counter the blows with open hand blocks. The two remained in the corner for several seconds, jostled by the other kids as Elias desperately tried to find a way out of his new predicament. Duchess simply took his time unloading with an ungodly assortment of hooks and jabs meant to batter and bludgeon Elias.

Finally an opportunity presented itself and Duchess rushed in looking to land a standing uppercut. Elias managed to rock his head to the side, deflecting a good deal of the blow from his chin before he locked both arms around the back of Duchess's neck. Yanking the boxer toward him Elias drilled upward with a sizable knee thrust, causing his opponent to be to drop his hands in an attempt to reduce the impact of the strike. His hasty defense soon evolved in an attempt at throwing Elias off balance as the blonde tried to take a hold of him from his compromised position, but the Ravokian recognized the maneuver quickly and stomped his foot downward as hard as he could, utilizing the full brunt of his bodily weight and breaking free from the grip. Duchess, not one to be stuffed so easily, began throwing punches even from his odd angle.

A blow struck home relatively unobstructed, releasing Duchess from Elias's clutches as the smaller of the two fled from the impact and the promise of more to come. The 'prodigy' cursed himself for giving up, and he knew that if he didn't do something stupid and/or incredible right then and there, his opponent would devastate him before Elias even got another chance to attack. Shifting his weight toward his rear foot, the petitioner kicked out, striking hard against Duch’s knee as it bent forward during the boy’s wind up. The brute let out an abrupt cry as his knee buckled underneath him, and for a moment the older boy flirted with the idea of falling over. Elias was never one to wait for an invitation, and as his enemy reeled and stumbled to regain his balance, the Caldera launched himself into the air, delivering the finest damn knee to the face he had ever witnessed. The boxer rocked backwards, nearly taken off his feet from the unexpected blow. Duchess careened out of control into his corner, and the crowd went mad as their hopes were as fiercely rekindled as Elias’s.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Royal Rumble

Postby Elias Caldera on May 7th, 2015, 6:42 am

Forced to abandon his attack when his opponent’s gang thronged around their master to protect him, Elias decided that was as any place to call the round and made his way back to Jaron and his own improvised corner. He dropped heavily to one knee, his breathes coming extremely ragged as he made a mental note to himself to knock Duchess down away from his pack of cohorts next time. In the meantime however, he sought to calm and sooth his lungs back into a normal tempo. Jaron looked beyond pleased with himself and as he clasped Elias around the shoulder in congratulation, and the young prospect found he could do nothing to stave off the other boy’s infectious smile.

"Petch yah, did you see that? Of course you saw it. Petching incredible. You're close to winning this, just keep your body loose, keep your hands up, and lock him down with your grabby moves." For a moment there, right up until the end bit, the other boy had actually sounded like he had known what he was talking about. Regardless, Elias nodded in agreement, seeing Jaron’s wisdom, even if he was just talking out of his ass at this point. Duchess had begun to stir amidst his gang, and before long he was on his feet again, a terrible fury upon his uncomfortably ugly face. Elias smiled as he noticed the new bend in the beast’s bulging nose and quietly patted himself on the back for such a well done job. A few more of those, he decided.

The sound of clanking signaled the beginning of the next round and both recruits moved into the middle this time quite quickly, with Duchess angrily firing off the first shots. Feinting low and then traveling high with a short right straight he managed to catch Elias cleanly in the face, although the newly invigorated fighter absorbed the blow well and refused to have his progress cut short now. He countered with his own strike, launching a low body shot into boxer’s ribs with his left fist that the brute, if he had been thinking clearly, could have easily stopped. Instead the blow landed and Duchess growled in irritation. The blonde roared and spun with a right hook in retaliation, but Elias brought his forearm up and deflected the attack, painful as it was. Displacing his left foot he snapped his right leg around with a surprising round kick that drove against the side of Duchess's head with a satisfying crack. The weight of Elias's leg and the force of his kick proved enough to knock the boxer’s out of the dance-like tempo his feet continuously bounced with.

Noticing this, Elias went for another grab, but the boxer backed away quickly taking the hint of his opponent's plainly telegraphed intentions. Unable to press forward however, he soon found himself against the edge of the ring. Jostled and shoved as he fell into the crowd, Duchess actually took the time to deliver an elbow or two to those who had made the mistake of thinking they could do to the giant what they had done to Elias earlier. Two kids went down with bloody noses, but they had served their purpose well enough. Unbalanced from the constant retreat he had been forced into, Duchess attempted a quick double left as his opponent flowed back into frame, but found Elias simply danced around the wild and uncoordinated strikes. He rammed his shoulder into the brute’s abdomen and locked his hands around the giant boy. With a herculean effort and a war cry to match, Elias quite literally lifted the much heavier Duchess straight up from the ground and spun, his shoulder drilling into the boxer's stone-like chest as he performed a despicably powerful take down. The force of the slam seemed to make the entire fighting pit shudder, and a unified cry bellowed out from the crowd. Jaron’s voice was loudest of them all, and he yelled for Elias to press the onslaught.

Elias was all too keen to oblige. Having finally floored the boxer, he made every effort to keep the man tight in his clutches. Once he felt confident that the beast wouldn't escape the snare, Elias started swinging, and he started swinging hard. The meaty slaps of fist meeting skin echoed throughout the hallowed hall, each sick thud as loud as the screams of the crowd. Duchess twisted his arms in an attempt to seize Elias's, clearly hoping to keep the Caldera from drilling him in the side any more, but the slick sheen of sweat that had built up all along the surface of Elias's skin made it almost impossible to keep a hold on his arm for long. While they tussled on one side with each other's arms, on the other Elias crept up on his captured prey with lethal intent. Shouldering and muscling his way into position inch by inch, the petitioner suddenly reared up, and without giving Duchess the time to react, brought his elbow down upon the boy ridiculous face before the fool realized what was happening. Again and again the recruit smashed his bony weapon down into his opponent, not relenting until he felt and heard the sickening crack of bone and the twisted pleasure of having the blood of his enemy drench his flesh.

That went on for a good while, long after even the crowd had stopped cheering and had started milling about awkwardly as one boy beat the other until he was little more that a nasty, red puddle on the ground. It took Jaron to tear Elias away from his victory, and when he finally did the Ravokian was splattered in red. The blood was every where in blots and trailing splotches, but it may as well have been a poster written in common so that everyone could understand the message he had just delivered;

He was the new royalty around here now, and no one stepped up to king Elias. No one!

Duchess's gurgled whimpering only served to hammer home the point as Elias stepped over the broken boy, but not before he kicked a little sand in the bastard's eye to add delicious insult to injury. Caldera made his way through the crowd after that, doing his best to hold himself up right as Jaron went about the grimacing crowd of losers who now owed him money.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Royal Rumble

Postby Nemesis on June 10th, 2015, 2:58 am

Elias Caldera
Skills * *
Body Building * +2
Endurance * +4
Intimidation * +2
Larceny * +1
Observation * +1
Planning * +1
Unarmed Combat * +4
Lores
*Combat: Use Opponent’s Size Against Them
*Nuits: Ichor Replaces Blood

Consequences, Injuries, Expenses, and More!
  • Concussion: don’t sleep. I don’t know much about concussion.. I’m a first aid instructor and I don’t know about concussion. How long would the effects last? o.O

• I hate combat... I really do. But you have an amazing gift of making it fun for me. I don't know how you do it. Thank you.
Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Words: 296717
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)