Closed Hitting the Mark (Drusilla)

Turrin spends the day with Drusilla at the Bent Arrow

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Hitting the Mark (Drusilla)

Postby Turrin on April 24th, 2015, 3:56 am

Turrin might have avoided the rock if he wasn't distracted by her comments about him never noticing her in a romantic or sexual way. During his teenage years, Turrin was new to the city of strange city filled with new people and stranger customs. Since he was around fifteen when he arrived in Wind Reach, the city immediately put him into his bendi training as a game scout and apprentice hunter, so women were last on young foreigner's mind at the time. However, when he was made a hunter and became a avora, the myrian life started to settle down for a time. Soon after arriving in the city, Turrin met Drusilla and quickly bonded and became friends. Later, he introduced Drusilla to his sister Kaya, and they were almost inseparable. It made Turrin almost jealous seeing how close the two of them were.

Drusilla was over at his apartment constantly, so his mother started to refer to the young symenestra as her second daughter. Eventually, Turrin watched as his family slowly adopted the white haired girl into the family, so eventually he started to consider Drusilla his sister too. Until last winter, Turrin still considered Drusilla his sister even though their friendship was strain over the event of her last birthday when they slept with each other. The myrian could tell his relationship with Syveris and the events of the riots put even a greater strain on his relationship with Drusilla.

Turrin stood up, brushed off his backside, and continued walking down the inner warren to the Bent Arrow. The myrian knew that they needed to talk about their changing relationship with Drusilla. Changing the tone of his voice, Turrin said seriously to Drusilla without looking at her, “At the time if I didn't consider you my sister. I would have been definitely admiring your butt too...”

Turrin had to admit how awkward and stupid that he sounded trying to compliment her again. As he continued to walk down the corridor, he said simply, “Drusilla, I met you when I was fifteen, and for about ten years, I was calling you my sister, so it was quite difficult to not think you as a part of the family. You know what my mother and sister were like. They basically adopted you into the family.”

Trying to think of the right words, Turrin knew that he wasn't a word smith, but he had to be delicate with what he was about to say now, “...for the longest time, the thought of you a romantic partner was considered taboo for me because in my eyes, you were part of my family...”

Returning his gaze back to the corridor, the myrian continued gently, “I have to admit. For a time in my avora years, I was starting to grow emotionally attached to you. For about year, I sort of wished you never referred to me as your brother. It might have been a different ten years for us...” Turrin paused for a moment remembering those confusing days and continued, “However, I didn't want to take away your happiness by not letting you call me your brother and belonging to our family, so I swallowed my selfish feelings and fully embraced being your brother..”

During his time in the Unforgiving, Turrin had a long time to reflex about his life choices. The endal needed to time to mourn the loss of Syveris, and he needed to figure out the confusing relationship with Drusilla. Also, he needed to come to grip that he fought and killed his owe people that he sworn to protect during the riots, so it was necessary to leave for a time. The endal only wanted happiness for the white haired symenestra, so if she was interested in this Brandon character, he would support it. Turrin gave her grin and said with a smile, “You know if you really want to impress, Brandon Blackwing. We really need to get you in some leather attire...”
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Drusilla on April 24th, 2015, 6:49 am

Drusilla walked past Turrin, "I called you brother, because we were the same. Outsiders. Confused. It was just a word. Kaya, she often consoled me..." She tilted her head to the side. "Then I accepted that this was my fate for all I did, for running away. For not being stronger and willing my way through my step-mother's beatings. That I would never be loved, I accepted it. After all I wasn't human and what my people did, maybe I was being punished." She closed her eyes and sighed.

If she was going say anything she'd spill her soul. Opening her eyes she allowed her inner self to carelessly drop the glass that had held her emotions. In her minds eye she watched it shatter. "I decided if the fates would allow me to be your 'sister' I would be content with solely that and love you from a distance. No matter how it hurt, I'd be there smiling." She nodded to herself. "And so I did. From the sidelines I became your confidant, because if I was just meant to be your sister.... I'd be the best darned one I could be. It was... bittersweet. Watching you pursue teenage girls, always knowing when things went sour you'd come to me for comfort. Time and time again you did."

She went quiet for a few ticks, "Then it changed... You met Syveris, and you were so happy!" The Symenestra clenched her fists, claws digging in her fists. "But I was so miserable. But, if you were happy... I'd force myself to be happy as well, even if it killed me. Then the riots happened and I was forced to make my own way. It was during that time I decided I'd fix up the aeries. Then you told me off Syveris' death and I though everything would be okay, but you left again! With no good bye you left! I decided if I was unnecessary I'd grow strong and need no one."

Drusilla shook her head and finally turned to look at Turrin, her face red and tear stained, "But what happened? You come back after how long! I thought you were dead Turrin! Dead! I'm so confused with all this! Every emotion I have is all jumbled up! "

Collapsing to her knees, she was exhausted between the yelling and crying and if to say that wasn't degrading enough her hands were bleeding. All she could do was sit there and sob to herself.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Words: 272571
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 6:55 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Turrin on May 1st, 2015, 4:17 am

Turrin grin started to fade as Drusilla started to walk past him and started to tell him the truth about her hidden feelings for him. Drusilla reveled that she only called him brother because they were outsiders. It didn't make sense to Turrin at first, but the myrian eventually realized that brother was just a term that she used for having some sort of connection with anyone male. It didn't mean that she was apart of his family at all. It just meant that they shared a close bond. Turrin completely misinterpret what the symenestra meant by brother, and this misinterpretation cost them dearly. It cost Drusilla years of heartache and Turrin years of happiness with someone that truly loved him. The shock of this realization stopped the large endal in his tracks and the look of utter shock crossed his face when he realized that Drusilla was in love with him. As Turrin listened to Drusilla continue her story, he whispered to himself “...I didn't know...

Drusilla continued her heartbreaking tale of loving someone from a far, but it hit hard when she brought up Syveris. During his attempt to learn mountain climbing, Turrin met Syveris as she attempted to scale the climbing wall. He had a lesson from a profession instructor, but he or she never showed up, so he asked Syveris for assistance. From there, they quickly became friend and overtime their friendship was blossoming into something deeper and more intimate. Turrin fell in love with the beautiful Inarta woman, but before he was able to tell her his feelings for her the riots struck, and he never heard from her again when it ended. With the stress of the riots, the endal had a hard time wrestling with his new found feelings for Syveris and his feelings for his “adopted” sister Drusilla. His relationship with Drusilla was starting strain because with his constant patrol duty in the city, he had a hard time balancing his time between Syveris and Drusilla.

As the winter season dragged on and got more violent in the city, Turrin's rare free time was spent with Syveris. In the end and with Wind Reach falling into chaos, the endal completely forgot about the whereabouts of Drusilla during the riots. It wasn't the proudest time in his life, and he was starting to see how much he took the symenestra's kindness for granted. As he stared at her, he could tell how much he didn't deserve her kindness or her love. He was a terrible friend, so how could he possibly be a good lover to her. Turrin knew that he left Drusilla without saying goodbye because he was ashamed at himself for not being there for her. He was ashamed at himself for failing to protect the city from itself. He was ashamed for killing his own people and enjoying it because of the myrian blood running through his veins.

When Drusilla screamed at him about him leaving her without saying goodbye, Turrin just froze and admitted to himself, I left because I hated the man that I saw in the mirror. How can I be around you when I can barely look at myself in the mirror...!

The color of blood in Drusilla's hand brought Turrin back from his own mind. Drusilla was on the ground crying as her claws dug into her hands. The myrian sat on the ground next to her, took one of her hands, and pressed both his hands down on it for a chime to stop the bleeding. Still silent, Turrin took the other hand and repeated his earlier action. Feeling the sticky liquid on his fingers, the endal couldn't muster himself to look at her, but he said softly, “I know a simple sorry won't fix everything broken between us, but I hope one day. You can find it in your heart to forgive me, Drusilla...” Turrin decided to admit, “I left because I was ashamed at myself. I left because I failed Mother, Kaya, Syveris, and you. I killed my own people that I swore to protect. I am a coward, Drusilla. I couldn't face what I have done, and I ran away. In the bottom of my heart, I knew that you could have help me, but I choose the easy route and ran away. It was unfair to you, and I understand if you hate me for it because I know I do...”

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Drusilla on May 2nd, 2015, 8:32 am

Drusilla halfheartedly tried to pull her hands away from Turrin, "I'm... Fine.... No! I'm....Fine!" She tried to tug fer hands away. The last thing she wanted was her blood on Turrin's hands. In her mind it was just as toxic and disgusting as her venom. Once Turrin let go of her hands, she brought her palms to her mouth and licked over her self inflicted wounds.

She couldn't look at him. No, not like this. But... Just sitting like this, in complete silence.. Silence, she hated it and yet she couldn't find her own voice. So she just sat there on the dusty ground. Although she was curled in a ball of sorts, it felt like she had exploded and puddled here. "Did...did you ever notice, when you came home for however short..." She paused finding her voice again, "Did you notice your bed sheets or your left behind clothes were always freshly washed..." A sad smile came to her face, "Every week, I would wash them." Drusilla moved her gaze up and far away, "For the longest time, I lit the candles at Aponivi's landing and watched the skies for you. I finally gave up. I stayed to take care of Mother and Kaya." Nothing she said was over a whisper.

Then he spoke and for some reason tears burned on her face. Even after all she had confessed, Drusilla couldn't be mad at him. "Turrin, hush. There's no need for sorry. If anything I should apologize for my outburst."

Drusilla looked Turrin in the eyes. "You were following your father's blood. The feeling of being a monster, the feeling I long grew up with... You are now just feeling this sense of not being human." She clasped her own injured hands over his, "You must remember, your father was not a human and you are not fully human yourself."

When things go sour you always come to me.

"I do not hate you. I believe it would be impossible for me to. I'd rather die than have to ever say that to you..." She paused. "I do have some requests of you... I would like to see the place you grew up, your father's home. Second..." Drusilla stood up and dusted off her pants and looked at Turrin.

She held out her arms, "Hug me. Not as your sister and not as the Drusilla you left... Knowing what you know now, let me be selfish this once and ask you to hug me."
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Turrin on May 8th, 2015, 3:29 am

“...You were very attentive to our aeries, Dru. I always noticed when I came around when you were at work. Unfortunately I was to afraid of your reaction to my sudden reappearance to see you sooner.” Turrin laughed at himself and said sadly, “You picked a bad man to love because I have no clue about women.”

Turrin really never knew how to behave around women outside of Taloba. In myrian society, he was a male, so he had no rights, property, or power, so he learned to respectful and obedient to any orders given to him by a myrian woman. However, when he left Falyndar, the dynamics of the relationship between male and females started to change, so he needed to adapt to outside world. This confused when he first arrived in the city in the clouds. Especially the fact the city was managed by a male. It was such a absurd concept to the myrian that he thought the red headed human's were touched in the head. Thinking like a myrian got him to more trouble than he actually wanted, so over the years, he adapted to a more moderate way of thinking about gender roles in Wind Reach. On the other hand, Drusilla known him since he first arrived in the city, so the symenestra had sway over him that she might even realize yet.

When Drusilla' forgave him for all his past wrongs against her, Turrin was surprised how quickly the ashen skinned woman was able to forgive him. If Turrin was in Drusilla's shoes, it would have taken him weeks or even seasons to forgive her. However, Drusilla had a big heart, so he wasn't surprised that she was able to forgive so easily. When the symenestra stood up, the woman made two requests. One request was to see his father's homeland this Turrin knew was impossible because the myrians would kill her on sight. The endal wasn't going to risk the one bright spot in his life to step into the jungles of Falyndar once again. He cared to deeply for the symenestra to watch her die by the hands of his father's people. The second request was a hug, and Turrin knew that he could grant her request for such a simple gesture.

Walking over to her, Turrin wrapped his arms around the pale woman, pulled her close to his chest, and said softly, “Drusilla, I won't be able to grant your first request. My people's xenophobia is at the core of there religion. They killed or drove every race accept for the Dhani from the jungles of Falyndar. They tolerate humans because we look like them, but races like the symenestra are killed on sight in the jungle.” Turrin started to gently stroke her white hair and said softly, “I would die if I lost you, so I can't grant your request, so you will just have to settle with a hug and me.”

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Drusilla on May 8th, 2015, 11:10 am

Drusilla chuckled at the Myrian man, "Have you so little faith in your goddess? I grew up beside you learning of Myri. I followed her laws of death. Do not doubt that she would allow such things to happen. If they did, well the joke is on your father's people as I would join her ranks in my next life. Besides what is life if you do not dare and go out to see things? The only reason they'd kill me is that they'd fear me, Turrin. I am not helpless and I do not fear your father's people."

A smile crossed her face, "It's been hundreds of years since they ran my kind out. Don't you think they'd be more curious of me than anything? I know I would. I feel like our people are more similar than they wanted to admit." As Turrin held her close, Drusilla found it not unpleasant this contact. But it was a strange new experience, to be held close by someone. Let alone Turrin! Her own body was awkward in this hug and she mentally blamed her arms, although over thinking was the obvious culprit. Finally she found a position that didn't feel as strange to her arms and hugged Turrin back. However strange and awkward it was a moment of comfort, and Drusilla rested her head on Turrin's shoulder just for a few ticks.

It wasn't until the whispers of a pair of cheits reached her ears that Drusilla let go and gave the women an angry look. The women scattered. She cleared her throat, "Like you said earlier, we should get going if we want a good spot." Picking her bow up from the ground she took a few steps and looked back at Turrin. "Shall we be going?"
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Turrin on May 14th, 2015, 4:03 am

Turrin heard the laughs from the chiets, the myrian looked over at them and gave them a blank stare. They seemed more intimated by Drusilla, so he decided to not interfere and let her have her victory. When Drusilla pulled away from him, Turrin said with a nod, “Yes. We should hurry, Drusilla. Do you need to go to the infirmary?” The endal knew if all the spots were filled up. He would be able to get a spot using his endal status, but he would rather not if he didn't have too. The lower castes tend to get ornery if they are overruled by a upper caste, and he didn't want to expose Drusilla to unnecessary trouble if he didn't need too. The endal decided to make idle small talk with the seamstress as they walked down the inner warrens to the bent arrow. The small talk was mostly him teasing Aponivi about Drusilla's nickname for him. He knew it would annoy the pale woman, but he hoped that she knew that he would never do anything to hurt the feelings of his feathered friend.

As the two of them got closer to Bent Arrow, Turrin watched as the inner warren gave way to path on the side of the mountain. It was narrow and kind of slippery, so the endal walked closer to the side of the wall as they hiked down to trail. When they made it to the outdoor range, the endal could tell that their were a few people brave enough to deal with the elements. When he walked into the range, the Avora gave him a side glance as he walked by them. Turrin wondered if they were staring at Drusilla, but the scowls on the face of few were aimed directly at him. In the beginning, Aponivi told him that he would have very little friends in the lower castes if he accepted his role as a endal. In the end, the wind eagle was right, but Turrin accepted the sacrifice and joined the most feared and respected caste in Wind Reach. When they made it to their empty target, the endal looked over and saw it was just a circular target with three rings and bulls-eye. It was boring compared to the targets at the Top Notch, but he would have to make due with such a dull target.

Taking off the short bow from his back, Turrin saw a dek with a large deformation on his back hobble over to them, The endal knew the deks tend to act as runners and fetchers in the archery ranges. Normally, he would rather not want to deal with Dek or chiet because of the memories of the riots. When the dek got closer, Turrin noticed the man was middle age man with a mostly bald head. The way he carried himself the dek seemed to be intelligent, but even if he was intelligent the deformity on his back doomed him from birth. The dek gave him a respectful bow and said in Nari, “Beautiful day for shooting isn't it endal? My name is Narif, and I will fetch you fresh arrows if you and your lady needs them.” Looking at Drusilla, the dek gave her a smile and complimented her, “Pardon my memory. It doesn't work well at my age, but I forget your name, symenestra. I know you are a friend of the dek, but as I said my memory is starting to fade.”

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Drusilla on May 16th, 2015, 10:06 am

Drusilla stubbornly refused to go the infirmary for her self inflicted cuts on her palms. She would not go over to the infirmary over something so trivial as her self made cuts. Drawing blood with her own claws... It was an embarrassing thing. Something a child would do. The last thing she wanted was for Turrin to view her as a child. Although the cuts were painful Drusilla would deal with it.

As they walked she listened to Turrin speak of teasing Aponivi over the cutesy nickname she had given him. Drusilla tried to keep her focus on Turrin and his words, however her focus kept shifting to other things on her mind. Such as, where would things go from here? She had spilled her soul, as had Turrin. Hadn't he? Now what? Did they just go about their lives, just like that? Maybe saying all that had been meaningless in the end. Oh well, at least he knew...

The Bent Arrow was somewhat active, perhaps more than Drusilla thought it would be. As they walked, Drusilla couldn't help but notice the stares and glares aimed not at her but Turrin. A strange mindset came to the Symenestra, How dare they?! The Endals keep you safe! She had already had an emotional day and it didn't look like it would be getting better. Drusilla found her mouth turning to a scowl and at first she tried to stop what was about to happen, but she tossed her cares aside... She looked at the glares and allowed her fangs show. Most caught sight of the fangs ending in fine needle points and quickly looked away. Had they been looking at her she wouldn't of cared. But something about it being Turrin glared at...That upset her more than she had realized.

It was only when a dek approached them did her face soften. She knew him from somewhere, but where? "Drusilla. I am Drusilla, Narif. We have met somewhere, not formally but... I believe when the winter when sour we shared the same dwelling as well as with many another dek." He had been in the Den. "I suppose I have to let you fetch my arrows..." She looked aside thinking, after messing in her pocket she turned back to the dek. "Oh my, your hand!" Drusilla grabbed the dek's hand, slipping him a Copper Miza, "Oh sorry, my eyes must of deceived me!" She gave him a simple smile and allowed Narif to scurry of an fetch their arrows. She didn't look at Turrin, she wasn't sure if he saw her slight of hand or if he would be upset over it.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Turrin on May 20th, 2015, 2:42 am

Turrin watched Drusilla and dek interact, and he remembered a day where he used to take pity on the lower castes and be nice to them. Lately, the endal had a hard time trusting the lower castes chiet or dek because of the things he saw during the riots. It was hard to get over the fact that one day a dek could be kind and respectful to him than another day the same dek could be pulling a knife and trying to stab him the next. During the riots, Turrin was a guard, so he had to keep the peace during the famine. It was tough for everyone during the famine, but the lower castes were hit the hardest. A lot of the dek who were to deformed or handicapped were left to starve. By the end of winter, Turrin couldn't count the amount of bodies that he had to throw into the Tomb of the Fallen. The riots were a mess that could have been avoided if the Valintar expanded the hunting range around Wind Reach, but he was to concerned about order to send the War Hawks to find food. In the end, the days of rage could have been avoided if the people at the top didn't wait till winter to act.

Looking at Drusilla, Turrin noticed that she slipped a pinion into the dek's gnarled hand, and he couldn't help himself from smiling. The endal couldn't understand why a kind soul like her would ever choose a city like Wind Reach to make a life for herself. The city of Lhavit would have been the obvious choice for her since it was a city of beauty and grace just like herself. When the dek brought back the bundle of arrows, the endal decided to give a gnarled man a nod. Narif seemed fine with Turrin's silent gesture and said to Drusilla with a smile, “You and your big friend enjoy your day if you need anything! I will be happy to assist you both...”

Turrin watched the man hobble off to the next archer when he was out of range. The endal picked up three arrows from the pile and said to Drusilla, “It always astounds me how generous to the dek you are Drusilla. I think you might have made Narif's day with the pinion that you gave him.” Looking around him, the endal noticed the sideways glances in his direction from the lower castes and the endal said sadly, “When I took time to think, I thought about going to a soft blooded city like Lhavit, Riverfall, or Syliras to start a new life. Where people don't immediately see you as a endal or think you are tyrant.” Turrin gave her a smile and said softly, “However, it would have been tough trying to convince you to come with me...” Looking at the target, Turrin said with a nod, “You can shoot first, Drusilla.”

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Drusilla on May 29th, 2015, 10:09 am

"I knew that dek... He's not a bad person." Drusilla defended her actions. "Besides, that one coin can get him more than you can imagine." She had spent that horrible winter with them, a close knit group of dek who had allowed her passage into the den. Of course she had also provided food by killing off some of the giant rats that got into the food stores and would chew apart the deks' belongings. She had also helped steady the ceiling, carefully climbing up and removing the problem stalactites.

She gave a small laugh, "You're my big friend.." No sooner had she said that then laughter came from the woman. "I'm sorry, I thought I could say it and keep my calm!" She continued to giggle for a bit.

"Okay...Okay I'll go first, but I'm pretty bad...Just so you know..." Drusilla took an arrow from the bunch. Lining up her shot and getting into stance, she did what she did when the shot mattered. The target was no longer a bull's eye, but a pale woman with long black hair. Her gold eyes glared into Drusilla's very being. As she let her anger build, Drusilla loosed the arrow. It wasn't a bull's eye but it wasn't far off either.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets