Closed Bunny Blitz (Asen)

[Sacred Arch Hotsprings] Sayana and Asen meet at the Sacred Arch Hotsprings and come across a lot more rabbits than they had expected.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Bunny Blitz (Asen)

Postby Sayana on May 5th, 2015, 4:01 pm

“Two more?” Sayana asked as her eyes darted around to find them. “You’ve got good eyes Asen.” But as soon as the half-dhani began tallying up the scores it was clear that she was disappointed in the results. “Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll be able to find more,” Sayana replied brightly as she tried to encourage her friend.

Asen suddenly had a glint in her eye and Sayana followed the squire’s gaze and movement towards a white flower. The Eypharian crouched down excitedly next to it truly thinking that Asen had found the Vyfox flower. “Yes yes! The Vyfox flower. You don’t think that’s it? Oh, right. It’s just one bigger flower instead of a bunch of little ones.” Sayana responded as she realized that Asen was right. Regardless, she decided to pick it anyways and put it in her bag. It looked pretty and maybe she could take it back to Sahfri and see if it had any uses. Even if it was just a simple flower, she could put it in a cup with some water and make her home a little prettier.

“We can call it a game, but I think it was a tie,” Sayana concluded. “You still found a white flower even though it wasn’t Vyfox.”

The Eypharian continued to look around, however, since she was curious whether she might be able to actually catch one of the rabbits. They were obviously pretty fast. Her attempts at chasing them had failed and also her attempt at being quiet and stealthy. Perhaps she might have better luck with her throwing daggers. Ah, of course. Didn’t people usually use arrows or some sort of ranged weapon when hunting? Or traps, but Sayana had no idea how to even begin to make a trap.

That’s when her eyes fell on a little hole in the ground that was partially covered with shrubs. All her ideas began to piece together. “Asen! Look, there’s a hole. It might be a bunny den.” Sayana said excitedly as she pointed to the hole in the ground. “That’s probably where they all disappeared to. I was sure there were more rabbits around here. You know, I’m getting pretty good with my daggers. If you could flush them out of the den or lure them out somehow, I could wait near the hole ready to throw a dagger at one.”

To demonstrate, Sayana drew the two throwing daggers from her belt and readied them in her mid hands. She picked a tree several paces away and mentally gauged the distance. It would probably need a single but quick spin of her blade. She pulled back her left hand, knowing that she was weaker in it and gave a strong throw at the tree quickly followed by a throw with her right hand. The first dagger landed rather low on the tree and at an odd angle while the second was at a good height and completely horizontal. “See?” She said a little cheekily as she went to retrieve the blades.

“There might be a second entrance to the den but I think if I’m looking carefully enough I’d be able to see if the bunnies are escaping some other way and nab one of them. You said rabbits can fetch a good price?”
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Bunny Blitz (Asen)

Postby Asen on May 11th, 2015, 1:49 am

Asen glanced down at the hole Sayana was pointing to. She dropped to her knees again and peered into the dark, squinting. She couldn't see any bunnies, but there were bound to be some. Hopefully it wasn't a snake den, that would be rather unfortunate if they scared it out. She didn't fancy a trip to the healer's today, no thank you.

As the half-Dhani stood she turned to look at the Eypharian. "Well, if you can 'it a movin' target then maybe we've got a chance. I don't know how to scare a bunny out of it's 'ome, though... Can't hurt to try, right?"

She watched as the daggers sped past, eyebrows shooting up. She was skilled enough to not miss the tree, even with those multiple arms getting in the way. They seemed unwieldy, like they'd catch on something if you weren't careful. Four arms she could understand, but six? Six were ridiculous. What god or goddess thought it was a good idea to give someone six arms? How would you find the appropriate clothing to accomodate them?

The squire positioned herself over and just behind the den entrance. How was she supposed to scare a rabbit out? Did she just... hit the ground until it hopped its way out? That would make it retreat further into its home, though. Not come out like they wanted it to. Nevertheless, she took several steps back. If she was going to try to scare the rabbits out, she'd have to start a little ways from the entrance of the hutch.

Asen twisted around, scanning the ground for a rock. She hefted a fist-sized one, bringing it down to hit the dirt above one of the tunnels of the hutch. Another hit and a rabbit scampered out, startled by the threat to its home.

The half-Dhani tossed the rock aside and bolted after it. "Sayana, get it!" she yelled, trying to adjust her trajectory so the hunter and hunted curved around back towards the Eypharian. She prayed to Siku that the woman's aim was good enough and that she herself wouldn't be injured.
Asen
Kintsugi

Words: 136836
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2014, 11:41 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Bunny Blitz (Asen)

Postby Sayana on May 12th, 2015, 1:55 am

Once Sayana had retrieved the throwing daggers, she readied them in her mid hands, her most dominant of all her arms. However, even though she could technically throw the daggers one after another with her two hands, she knew that her best chance would be to only use her right mid in order to get the aim she needed. The Eypharian watched the hole as Asen maneuvered about trying to think of a way to scare the bunnies from their home. She gave a quick glance in the squire’s direction and saw that she had found a rock. Clever.

Sayana stepped quietly to position herself right behind the bunny hole in a half crouch. Silently she waited with her right mid half pulled back and ready to throw. She heard a thump as Asen pounded the rock on the ground above the bunny den. She tensed a little in anticipation but no bunny darted out. However, after the second thump a rabbit darted out. Sayana released the dagger in a strong throw but the rabbit was running away from her and the spin of the blade was off. The handle might have hit the rabbit but did nothing yet startle it further.

The next tick Asen was chasing down the bunny. Sayana quickly switched the throwing dagger from her left to her right mid and gauged the distance before taking aim. As the pair of them began to move sideways along her frame of reference, Sayana flung the dagger hard and true. She had aimed sufficiently in front of the running rabbit that the blade sunk deep into one of its hind legs.

The bunny gave some sort of pained squeak and Sayana darted forwards trying to close in on it. With Asen behind it and Sayana in front, the bunny attempted to make a sideways dash but the dagger in its leg had severely weakened and slowed its ability to run. Sayana pivoted to the right to run after the rabbit and at last was close enough to pounce down on it gripping its soft fur with her high hands. The little creature struggled for all it was worth but the Eypharian drew her main dagger and quickly slit its throat. There was blood, a lot more than she had thought, and for a moment she felt a little queasy. But then she looked up at Asen with bright eyes.

“We did it! We caught a rabbit!” Sayana exclaimed excitedly as she slowly got up and was careful not to let her clothes get all bloody. “Want to join me to go to the butcher and see what we can get for it? We’ll split the coin.” Despite the mess of the animal, Sayana was rather proud of herself and couldn’t care less if she hadn’t managed to find that Vyfox plant.

GraderEven though Sayana has no skill in hunting, I thought her skill in daggers (and throwing them) would be good enough to compensate.

Potential Loot :
Rabbits are about 2lbs and at the Butcher of Alban, game meat (fresh) is sold at 2gm/lb. If they split it, I’m guessing they might get 2gm each, but I’ll leave it up to the grader.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Bunny Blitz (Asen)

Postby Asen on May 15th, 2015, 9:50 pm

Asen dove at the rabbit, trying to snag its injured leg. She gripped the hilt of the dagger and, though she was trying to pull the creature back to her, accidentally withdrew the blade from the animal's flesh. Sayana was quicker, thankfully, and lifted the poor little beast into the air to slit its throat.

As blood sprayed from the severed windpipe the half-Dhani held her stomach. Sure, she liked rabbit meat, but she didn't like killing things -- unless they were bugs, of course. "Yeah!" she exclaimed weakly, her face a little green, "Nice job! That was a really good throw you did there, Sayana."

She glanced down at her breastplate, rubbing a little splash of blood with the pad of her finger. The squire frowned, then shrugged. "Oh, lemme go an' grab my helmet real quick," she said.

The blonde jogged back to where she'd laid down her helm, scooping it up and settling it in the crook of her arm before running back to the Eypharian. She held it up for a tick to let the woman know she had it, then tucked it into her elbow again. "I can 'old the bunny for you, ma'am." Whether or not Sayana handed it to her, they'd begin walking back to the city.

OOCI went ahead and assumed they'd start walking along, if that's alright with you :) This is my ending post though, so you don't have to reply unless you want to. Sorry about how short it is!
Asen
Kintsugi

Words: 136836
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2014, 11:41 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Bunny Blitz (Asen)

Postby Orin Fenix on June 8th, 2015, 7:28 pm

Grades are Served

Sayana
Skill XP
Herbalism 3
Persuasion 1
Negotiation 1
Planning 1
Organization 1
Land Navigation 1
Foraging 3
Socialization 2
Intelligence 1
Leadership 1
Tactics 2
Hunting 3
Stealth 1
Tracking 1
Weapon: Dagger 2
Dual-Wield 1

Lores
  • Asen: Female Half-Dhani Squire
  • Asen: Or Sessaschenaasen
  • Asen: Fine Being Half
  • Dhani: Cold-Blooded
  • Dhani: Extended Sibilants
  • Knights can be Women Too
  • Herbalism: Connal has velvet leaves and red and yellow flowers
  • Herbalism: Aletrid is a vine with golden flowers
  • Herbalism: Aletrid smells nice
  • Herbalism: Recognizing jile berries
  • Intelligence: Rhyming Memory Tricks
  • Tracking: Rabbit Droppings
  • Hunting: Flushing Prey
  • Event: Bunny Blitz
Extras :
Rewards: Jile Berries
Potentially Aletrid
Unidentified Flower
1 gm 5 sm for the rabbit. Butcher needs to make a profit.

Great thread! A very fun read

Asen
Skill XP
Land Navigation 1
Observation 5
Socialization 5
Intimidation 1
Running 2
Endurance 1
Tactics 2
Hunting 3
Leadership 1
Herbalism 1
Planning 1
Tracking 2
Mathematics 1
Intelligence 1
Foraging 1

Lores
  • Eypharians can have six arms
  • Sayana: Graceful Six-Armed Eypharian
  • Event: Bunny Blitz
  • Herbalism: Vyfox is a cluster of white flowers
  • Tracking: Rabbit Droppings
  • Tracking: Recognizing Your Own Footprints
  • Hunting: Flushing Prey

Shield Points
Assisting a citizen +2

Extras :
1 gm and 5 sm. Butcher needs to make a profit.

A really nice thread. Keep up the good work!

Don't forget to edit or delete your grade request in the grade request thread.

If you have any questions or concerns about your grade please feel free to send me a message.
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)