Closed Hitting the Mark (Drusilla)

Turrin spends the day with Drusilla at the Bent Arrow

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Hitting the Mark (Drusilla)

Postby Turrin on June 16th, 2015, 7:32 pm

Turrin smirked at the ashen faced woman when she started to giggle at his expense from his nickname given to him by the dek. The endal shrugged and said with a laugh of his own, “Well I know my size wasn't from my mother's side of the family. I think Mom was about as tall as Azira.” The endal didn't not want bring up Azira who reminded him of a red-headed badger, but she was the only woman small enough to compare his mother Ceela. He watched Drusilla as she took her first shot, and he had to admit for her to claim that she wasn't a good shot. She sure got close to the center of bull's eye. The half-breed figured that she must have been being modest about her archery skills or incredible lucky on her first shot. The symenestra didn't strike him as a hunter since she was known in Wind Reach as a seamstress, but he figured since he had been away from the city. She might have learned the skill from other Inarta in the mountain city.

Pulling two arrows from the pile, Turrin twirled one the projectiles between his fingers as he walked to the firing line. The other projectile was held in the same hand on the shaft of the short bow. Getting into his firing stance, Turrin placed the butt of the arrow onto the bowstring. The myrian hooked his thumb up on the right side, so he could easily reload another arrow without the shaft getting in the way. Turrin lifted the short bow till the metal tip of the arrow lined up with the center of the target. Pulling back the bowstring to his nose, Turrin readjusted his aim back to the center of the bull's eye. Taking a shallow breath, the endal released the bowstring on the exhale. When the first arrow fired, Turrin didn't waste a tick before he reached over and grabbed the second arrow from the hand holding the shaft of the short bow. Placing the arrow on the bowstring, Turrin made sure that he put the arrow in between the thumb and the shaft of the short bow. Pulling back the bowstring to his nose, Turrin released the bowstring and watched it soar towards the center of the bull's eye.

When the hunting arrow struck the center of the bull's eye, Turrin frowned to himself because the second arrow didn't split the arrow in two like he wanted it too. However, it landed right beside it. With a disappointing shake of his head, Turrin walked away from the firing line and said to Drusilla, “Your up Dru.” Turrin knew that he still had a nagging question hanging in the back of his mind about Brandon Blackwing. The black haired human left a horrible taste in the myrian's mouth when he blew up at him in the middle of market square. The endal knew if Drusilla had any sort of relationship with the human that she needed to know about his run in with the shape shifter. Turrin picked up another arrow out of the pile and said to Drusilla, “I know you are friends with this Brandon Blackwing, but I think you need to be careful around him Drusilla. I don't think he is as stable as he appears to be...”
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Drusilla on July 12th, 2015, 3:05 am

Drusilla stopped to think of the woman Turrin spoke of, Mabda Ceela. Not that the woman was any blood relation to Drusilla. In fact Drusilla bestowed the title on her affectionately. Mother... No, it was more than just a matronly term... It was so much more. Ceela didn't bat an eye when her son brought the pale girl home, instead she took her in as her own. Taking in the child of a people that would, given the chance harm her. Memories brought a bittersweet smile to Drusilla's face. Once again she pictured Ceela in her mind's eye, then Azira. Sizing up the two Drusilla was pretty sure Ceela had been a tad taller. "I think your mother was slightly taller than Azira but they're pretty close in height.."

She turned to the Endal, "Speaking of Azira... She gave me a few lessons in archery. She and Miss Sira... Well, Miss Sira just gave me some pointers in all truth..." Drusilla smiled to herself proud that she had gone and learned something new while Turrin was away. The Symenestra relied on the Endal constantly, so proving to not only him but to herself that she could go out and learn skills made her feel useful. Not that she wasn't already useful in other ways clothes were mended and the aeries kept clean. This was a different kind of useful.

Drusilla stood back to watch Turrin take his turn and soon found herself in awe of the Warhawk's talents. His speed and accuracy were incredible! Letting arrow after arrow fly perfectly without hesitation. She had never really focused on the skills Turrin had to perfect in his line of work. It was only now she was really getting to see him in action, and it made the spider proud that it was Turrin who had honed these skills.

"That's what you get for trying to impress me with that cheap trick shot!" Drusilla laughed happily at Turrin as she went to take her turn. She didn't really know if he had tried to impress her, but her teasing would embarrass the Endal anyway.

Drusilla stood ready in front of the target. She lined up her shot, just as she fired her arrow Turrin spoke up and surprised her sending her arrow far above the target. Looking over to Turrin a sigh escaped from the spider, "Turrin you must remember fist and foremost that Brandon is a bat. A long-eared bat to be precise. He is not a man who becomes a bat, but a bat masquerading as a human. As far as stability goes, I don't know what sort of stability you're used to in average bats. He is guided by wild instinct and one can only assume there are customs and social norms that he cannot grasp. Also remember he is an outsider just like we both were. I'm going to take another shot as my last one was interrupted." Drusilla took another arrow and lined up her shot and loosed her arrow, which landed somewhere between the bull's eye and the left side. She gave a shrug, at least she wasn't getting worse.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Words: 272571
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 6:55 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Turrin on July 15th, 2015, 4:10 am

When Drusilla said that he was trying to impress her, Turrin couldn't help himself from blushing slightly because a part of him was trying to impress the symenestra. The other part of him wanted to see if he could improve his accuracy in a rapid succession of arrows. The myrian wondered to himself about Azira teaching style with Drusilla outgoing personality. It must have been a interesting experience for symenestra because Azira and him were like water and oil. They didn't work well at all, but at least, Turrin respected the hunter unlike the Brandon. When she mentioned Sira's name, Turrin could only imagine what the playful endal taught Drusilla. He figured that he would learn eventually, so he just watched her shot instead. Turrin could tell her stance was sloppy, and it was probaly the reason why she couldn't get a consistent shot. The endal decided that he would try to help the white haired woman if he could after he discussed Brandon Blackwing with her.

Walking up to the firing line, Turrin took three arrows out of the pile. In his left hand, he held the shaft along with the two of the hunting arrows. All the metal heads of the arrows were pointed at the floor because he didn't want to cut himself reaching for next arrow. The first arrow he placed on the bowstring. Turning his head to listen to her, Turrin could tell the woman was defending her friend. Turrin wasn't convinced his behavior was the results of his “animal” instincts. The endal had to deal with people like him during the riots, so he was deliberately trying to provoke something with him. The endal shook his head and said seriously, “I understand why you protect him, Drusilla. He is your friend, and you wouldn't be you if you didn't do everything in your power to protect your friends.” Turrin paused for a moment to get the right words and said bluntly, “I had a confrontation with him in the Courtyard of the Sky. Your friend threw a temper tantrum because he didn't get his way. He demanded a reward, and when I said no than he really got mad me. To make matters worse, he brought the attention of the whole market place down on the two of us. I think he was trying to embarrass me in front of everyone in the market. I know that I can become a unmovable wall at times when it comes to my authority, but he has zero respect for Wind Reach, it's culture, or it's people. With his skills in unarmed martial arts, his behavior and attitude towards the upper castes make him a dangerous person. If I have to listen to my gut, I have a feeling he is going to hurt a lot of people before he leaves the city for good...”

Getting into his stance, Turrin cleared his mind of thoughts about Brandon Blackwing and focused his attention on the target. Placing the arrow on the bowstring, Turrin lifted the short bow till the metal tip of the arrow lined up with the center of the bulls-eye. Pulling back the bowstring to the tip of his nose, Turrin took a shallow breath, release the bowstring, and reached for the second arrow. Keeping the short bow in the same position, he placed the second arrow on the bowstring, pulled back to his cheek, and released the bowstring. Reaching for the the third arrow, the endal's golden eyes flicked to another target about twenty feet to the right for his original target. Placing the arrow on the bowstring, Turrin turned his abdomen till the metal tip lined up with the center of the second target. Pulling the bowstring to his nose, he released it and watched it fly straight towards the center of the target. At the last minute, the wind must a pick up or didn't adjust his aim when he moved, but the arrow struck deeply into the white in between the second and third line from the bull's-eye. If it was a human, it would struck somewhere in the chest region. It wasn't a precision kill shot, but it was kill shot no the less. Looking at the other two arrows, Turrin saw they shared the red bull's eye circle along with his first two shots. Turning to Drusilla, Turrin said simply, “If you don't believe me ask, Khara, she will verify my story. Your turn Drusilla...”
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Drusilla on July 18th, 2015, 3:59 am

Drusilla shot Turrin a look, "He threw a tantrum? That's the big deal?" She wandered in a circle. "Well he is three, so he's acting his age. Would you of gotten so mad had it been a human three year old throwing a fit?" Her wandering came to a stop slightly behind the Endal turned away from him.

A miffed 'Tch' came from the Symenestra who walked over to the Endal and stood toe to toe in front of Turrin. She glared up at the man, then closed her eyes focusing her consciousness on her mouth. "He is dangerous? Brandon is dangerous because of a few fancy kicks and such..." She opened her eyes and bared her long venomous fangs, "If you can stand by me and feel safe and look at a bat and be worried... I believe you have a distorted view of who or what is danger really is. Just because I don't use my fangs... Doesn't mean I don't have them." Closing her mouth the delicate yet deadly pearleque fangs hung over her blueish-purple lips. "You know, I've never said anything about anyone you were close to. Not even about Syveris when you were with her. Do you know anything about Brandon even?" With a huff the Symenestra turned on her heels.

Drusilla picked up her bow, "I am heading home Turrin, you can stay here all day if you wish." Getting real tired of this skyke, Turrin. Real tired. The way she spoke his name in Symenos gave it the intone of disdain.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Words: 272571
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 6:55 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Anuk on March 14th, 2018, 8:00 pm

GRADE WITHHELD
DUE TO INACTIVITY

If either of you ever return to Mizahar, feel free to PM me or resubmit this thread to the queue for your grade.  
Anuk
Player

Words: 13460
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2017, 1:01 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous