Closed Archery Lesson with Aaze (Aaze)

Turrin decided to do some community service and tutor a yasi in archery

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Archery Lesson with Aaze (Aaze)

Postby Turrin on April 19th, 2015, 10:36 pm

Time Stamp: 62th of Spring 515AV
Who: Aaze and Turrin

Turrin walked into the Fletcher's Corner and looked around the archery range. The endal could tell that it took a special person to practice or instruct in this place because the noise from the all the children was almost deafening. He could barely hear himself think. Let alone try to instruct anyone with all this noise. The myrian couldn't believe how chaotic the yasi range because half the children were in class, but the other half were left to their lonesome wandering the range. Turrin slowly made his way towards the Fletcher's desk and said loudly, so he or she could hear him over the noise, “My name is Turrin Aponivi, and I am tutoring a yasi boy named Aaze in archery. Could you please supply him with a short bow if he doesn't have one? I will return it when the lesson is over.”

The woman Fletcher looked at him and said in common with a smile, “Of course Endal if he comes to our desk. I will make sure to supply him with adequate bow. If you need a open range than their should be one open on the fair end away from the large crowds.”

Turrin nodded to the woman and said with a smile, “Could you supply us with arrows too?”

The woman handed him a quiver with twenty arrows and said with another smile, “I will have a Dek run more arrows to you if you need more arrows, Endal.”

Turrin took the arrows and thanked the woman before he went down to his firing stall. Once he got to the stall, the myrian put the arrows into the wood quiver built into wall. Unstrapping his talon sword, Turrin pulled a arrow from the wall quiver and examined the arrows for any cracks or warping in the wood. When he didn't find any, the endal took his short bow and looked for adult target. When he couldn't find one, he noticed the giant children target. The myrian remembered when he was learning in Taloba. They never gave him a child's target since it was a considered a sign of weakness; however, in Wind Reach, the Inarta radiated weakness daily. Placing the arrow in the bowstring, Turrin lifted the short bow till the metal tip of the arrow lined up with the center of the foot bulls-eye.

Pulling back the bowstring to his face, Turrin realigned the arrow back towards the center of the target. Taking a shallow breath, the myrian released his arrow on the exhale. The myrian watched the arrow soar towards the circular target. When it hit the target with a thud, the endal saw the arrow was sticking out the center of the large circular bulls-eye. Pulling another arrow from the quiver, Turrin placed it on the bowstring and looked at the red feathered arrow. It had enough contrast in color to give him a nice target. The endal never split arrow before, so he decided it was a good time to try was he waited for his yasi student. Lifting the short bow, the endal lined up his arrow with the center of the three different feathers on the arrow shaft. Pulling back his bowstring to his face, Turrin readjusted his aim back towards the center of the arrow. Taking in a shallow breath, the myrian released the bowstring on the exhale. As he watched the second arrow soar through the air, the heart started to flutter when he watch the arrow in flight fly straight towards the center of the red feathered arrow.

When the arrow hit the target, Turrin noticed the arrow must have been about a finger length between the first and second arrow. The endal said out loud in myrian, “You got to be kidding me! I was finger length from splitting the arrow down the center!” When the lowered his short bow, the endal heard footsteps behind him and turned around to face the newcomer.
Last edited by Turrin on May 19th, 2015, 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Aaze on May 2nd, 2015, 10:31 am

Aaze looked around, slightly disgruntled. He had been told to go to the range. Because an Endal had wanted to train him. With a short bow. What kind of owl uses a short bow when they could use their talons? They were deadly sharp and could easily catch anything, and dead useful in a fight.

Though, the real reason he didn't want to go was because he had to wear clothes. They were itchy and pulled at his skin. He hadn't worn his in a long while; he usually flew around in his owl form or ran about naked. Not many people cared all that much, as long as he didn't get in the way. Which he never did; he almost never ran into people. Almost. Everyone has their bad days, right?

He entered the Fletcher's Corner, taking some strides to the archery range. He looked around, his black eyes scanning the place. He was close, he knew. He could also hear the sounds of lots of children. He briefly wondered how the Endal felt about the yells and screams from the children. Aaze knew he couldn't stand it; his acute hearing made it all the worse, until his head was pounding with a migraine. Why can't they all be quiet..... Ergh, my head feels like someone dropped a boulder on it..... Stuffing his fingers into his ears, looking rather childish with his agonized expression on his face, Aaze walked to the desk, waiting until he had the woman's attention. He looked back at all the other kids behind him, before turning back around and dropping his hands from his ears. "I'm Aaze.... Is the Endal here? He asked outright because obviously she would know if he had come already; most people knew what the Endals looked like.

The woman nodded, turning around to get a bow. She looked back over the desk at the unusual child, handing him the short bow. Once he had it, Aaze fiddled with it slightly, touching the string and feeling the different parts. He wondered if using it would be easy; he'd seen many people use it.

He gripped the handle, pulling the right string back. When he felt he couldn't pull anymore, he just stopped. He wondered how he looked, holding a bow without an arrow. He thought his stance looked okay, though he never wielded a bow before. He felt his fingers grow slippery as he held it; he wouldn't have hold of the string much longer. He started to let off pressure before it slipped, the string becoming seemingly invisible as his fingers slipped. He had half a tick before there was a meaty smack and Aaze was gasping in pain, the bow dropped. He touched his arm, his eyes becoming slightly wet. The string had hit his forearm, and it had hurt. A lot. Moving his other arm to wipe his eyes, he picked up the stupid thing, a frown on his pained face.

He looked around, the world a watery haze through his tears. He wiped his eyes again, looking around the room again. He finally spotted the Endal, with his own shortbow, shooting at a target. He watched as he shot, and saw the arrow hit the target. He muttered a small 'wow' of appreciation, before finishing his walk to the guy. "That was cool. Think you could teach me to do that?" Aaze looked up at the man, his wound forgotten.
Avian | Aaze Common | Aaze Thoughts | Aaze Nari

I currently have 2/5 Active Threads
:P So, yes, I am accepting them. Claim your spot TODAY! :P
Aaze
Mr. Hoot

Words: 19182
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2015, 3:36 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Turrin on May 10th, 2015, 7:11 pm

Turrin looked over the yasi Aaze who seemed generally excited to learn how to use the short bow. The boy was skinny for a boy his age, but the half breed could tell the boy was developing wiry muscles throughout his body. However, the boy must have mixed heritage like himself because his mocha colored skin wasn't native to the cloud city or his brownish red hair. The myrian was curious, but he wasn't hear to interrogate the boy about his bloodlines. Turning around the myrian endal nodded at the boy and said with a nod, “I am happy that you find my abilities....cool. It takes years of practice and failure to achieve my level of skill, but with time and dedication to the art of archery, you should be able to shot as well as the rest of your Inarta peers. My name is Turrin Aponivi of the War Hawks, and you must be the yasi Aaze.”

Turrin wasn't the greatest teacher in the world, but he needed practice teaching because he was going to take up apprentices in the summer. He just hoped his teaching method will be enough to help the boy achieve his goals. Looking at the boy, the endal noticed the child held his short bow in his left hand and using his right hand to pull back the bowstring. The endal said softly, “This is my second time teaching archery, so he have to bear with me if my teaching method is awkward. Now let me demonstrate for you, so I want you to pay attention.” Walking to the firing line, Turrin walked into his firing stance and stood there, so his feet were parallel to each other, but his toes were perpendicular to the target. When he placed his feet, he bent his legs at the knees slightly. Pulling a arrow from his quiver, the endal placed it onto the bowstring and held the butt of the arrow between his middle and pointer finger. Raising the short bow with his left hand, Turrin lined up the metal tipped arrow with the center of the target.

Pulling back the bowstring, Turrin brought the string of the short bow to his face and readjusted his aim back to the center of the target. Taking a shallow breath, the endal released the bowstring. The endal watched as his arrow sailed straight towards the center of the target. The projectile didn't deviate from it's attended path and plunged deep into the center of the bulls-eye. Turning around, the endal looked at the yasi and said with a nod, “I hope you have been paying a attention. Now I want you to try. Try to remember all the steps I showed you just now, Aaze.” Turrin stepped off to the side and leaned up against the divider. The endal crossed his arms and sat in silence as he observed the boy's natural skill. Turrin knew the boy was going to fail in his first attempt, but eventually over time Aaze's skill with grow.
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Ssezzkero on June 20th, 2015, 11:21 pm

Grades
General Comments go here... If you have any questions or concerns, PM me.

Turrin
XP:
    Observation +2
    Socialization +1
    Weapon: Shortbow +2
    Leadership +1

Lores:
    Fletcher's Corner: Unbearable loud
    Inarta: Accommodate for children
    Instructing a Yasi in Archery

Notes: Don't forget to edit your post in the request forum as 'Graded'. :)

Aaze
XP:
    Observation +1
    Deduction +1

Lores:
    Preferring your talons over a bow and arrow
    Clothes: Uncomfortable
Ssezzkero
Player

Words: 249053
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2014, 4:14 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)