Foreigners (Alodian)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Foreigners (Alodian)

Postby Marius on September 9th, 2010, 7:29 pm

“Liking to dance is one thing,” Marius replied, “but knowing how to dance is entirely different. I am afraid my kinsmen are not talented in the arts – but I should like to learn! Oh yes, it would be my pleasure to caress the earth with the pitter-patter of feet, twirling and pirouetting to the strains of violin and ocarina. Or perhaps a mandolin would better suffice? Alas, I am tone-deaf, so it is difficult to tell the difference.”

“Shall we go in search of this music, my friend?” Marius flashed a coquettish smile as he took Alodian’s arm – more out of habit than lust. “I am averse to the elderly, you see. It’s their breath,” he blanched. “I cannot abide the moldy-beans-and-privies odor that seems to emanate from their withered lips. I would rather take a turn in the streets, and perhaps speak of romance. My friend, what do you wish for in a woman? Or a man if that’s your fancy,” Marius winked. “It all looks the same in the dark.”
Marius
Give us a kiss!

Words: 26675
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2010, 5:06 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Foreigners (Alodian)

Postby Alodian Aviastas on September 12th, 2010, 6:01 pm

Alodian chuckled as Marius spoke. What a character he was! He ws certinly glad that he had met this strange fellow, moreso so he could lern about his race. "If I was shown the correct way to dance, I do not believe it could hurt. Why dancing is an art in itself!" Alodian said as Marius took his arm and they proceded forward. It was a bit odd, but it didn't bother him. Maybe this was common for Marius' race, no? As Marius spoke of Master Jarret, Alodian could not contain his laughter. "Is it safe to asume we are heading in the direction of your residence then?" he chuckled, as a grin spread across his face.

When his new friend spoke of romance, he nodded. "Well to be honest I have never been with a man, so I do tend to think that pushes me in the direction of women. In my homeland, men are to be with women so we can reproduce, and so that we can both do our fair share around the household," he informed Marius, and he wondered if this fellow had been with another man. "Ah, women. Such glorious creatures my friend. I look for someone who is able to understand me, someone who is able to know what I m feeling and have them feel the same way. I am looking for a woman who is strong, yet still would need me from time to time. Someone who shares the same views and likes as I. I do not care for looks; they would only be a bonus," he said, his emerlds growing bright as he spoke of this imaginary woman. "What about you friend? What do you fancy in a woman, or as you put it, man?" Alodian wondered, as they continued walking the streets.
Last edited by Alodian Aviastas on September 22nd, 2010, 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Words: 38674
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2010, 2:24 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Power Fork (1)

Foreigners (Alodian)

Postby Marius on September 21st, 2010, 7:45 pm

“I look for many things,” Marius replied, “but inevitably I return to calves. I am connoisseur of calves, you see. Shapely and firm, dark or light, I adore them as much as the caress of granite – although not so much as basalt. I wouldn’t think of copulating with a woman if she did not possess calves that might have formed under a master sculptor’s chisel. It’s quite absurd. After all, are calves not gateways to the soul?” Marius raised an eyebrow. “It is a shame we conceal their divinity beneath skirt and trousers. If I commanded here I would outlaw such raiment.”

“Would you care for a date, Alodian?” Marius reached into his pocket. “I still have a few left. Or should I hoard such delicacies? I might need to win the favor of a small child at some point. Or a toad. Hmm, do toads eat dates? I’m intrigued.”
Marius
Give us a kiss!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Foreigners (Alodian)

Postby Alodian Aviastas on September 30th, 2010, 1:13 am

Alodian smiled as Marius talked. He nodded his head and took the date. "Mmmhm, my friend, that is one of the most delicious things I have ever tasted! Where do you get such treasures?" he asked, intrigued by the little treat. They didn't have these in his homeland! He chuckled when marius spoke of his infatuation with the calves. "Well, honestly, I have never considered that to be a deciding factor. That would just be a bonus to the traits I spoke of before," he chuckled, as he continued walking.

As they were walking, Alodian wondered if he would ever meet a woman that could understand him. He was a healer, so preferrably he would want a woman who knew about such a thing to be with him. "I don't know about calves, but I think common knowledge is the most important quality in a woman. I like them smart," he said, a boyish grin on his face.
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Foreigners (Alodian)

Postby Marius on October 10th, 2010, 9:39 pm

“Smart?” Marius halted abruptly. He peered at Alodian, his brow knitted in shock. “Either you are very brave, my friend, or very foolish. Or flatulent. No wait, that’s me,” Marius stifled a titter. “I would be remiss if I did not offer a cautionary tale. Not long ago, when I returned to Zeltiva from Syliras, I had the misfortune to fall head over heels for a lecturer at the university. Oh, such magnificent calves! I could not contain my excitement. But my point is that when I awoke at the foot of the staircase, with my head cracked in three places and leaking a viscous fluid, this woman had already commenced negotiations to sell me as a cadaver. At that moment, I knew I was in love. It took some cajoling, but I eventually convinced her against staving my skull in with a loose cobble, and fashioning a crude bandage, managed to trail her back to her chambers. I would have proposed we copulate there and then, but I soon realized I was in no condition and stumbled off to find a healer.”

“After a few days, when I awoke from a comatose state, I returned to make my feelings known. For some reason, she refused. It was only later that I realized that women of exceptional intelligence must be wooed with cunning and perseverance. I tried repeatedly to penetrate her defenses, only to find myself spurned. But I was not disheartened. I hired a latchkey to help me gain access to her chambers, only to find she had double-locked the door and bolted it from the inside. Later that night, I surreptitiously sought to clamber down the chimney, only for her to ignite a fire in the grate. I smoked for a half-dozen chimes before I managed to haul myself onto the roof, and all without the courtesy of a marinade,” Marius sighed. “If I was you, Alodian, I would tread with caution.”
Marius
Give us a kiss!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Foreigners (Alodian)

Postby Alodian Aviastas on October 26th, 2010, 12:01 am

Alodian managed a chuckle, as he was warned by Marius. "I will use caution friend, although I am friends with great healers if such a time arises," he said in jest, as they walked. "I am afraid I like a woman of intelligence. I like a woman who can hold a conversation at my level, as well as they are quite knowldegable. I need to find someone who will make my mother proud, as well as my homeland community," Alodian said, as he gave a small smile. As he heard the melody of the current bell, Alodian stopped. "Son of Rak'keli! My friend, I must go. I have matters of the home life to take care of, and then I must continue my studies. I shall like to to this again sometime, btu I really must go. If you ever have a need to find me, then you shall find me residing in the building above the chapel," he said until he ran out of breath.

Without waiting for a response from his new friend, Alodian hurried back the way he had come. Turning around, he gave a wave and shouted,"Don't be a stranger. It was a delightful time talking to you my friend." Feeling bad about having to run on short notice, he made a mental note to find Marius after his work had been done.
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Foreigners (Alodian)

Postby Marius on November 8th, 2010, 5:20 pm

"Mmm - what did you say?" Marius looked for Alodian, but it seemed that his friend had vanished. "I could have swore that I saw a bat just then," he murmured, returning his gaze to the eaves of a house.

END
Marius
Give us a kiss!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Foreigners (Alodian)

Postby Tabarnac on November 10th, 2010, 2:11 am

XP Award!

Alodian
XP Award: Observation +1; Philosophy +1; Socialization +5
Lore: Marius Mero (basic)

Marius
XP Award: Observation +1; Philosophy +1; Socialization +5
Lore: Alodian Aviastas (basic)

Additional Notes:
Titillating, my loves! I wish I could award more useful XP, but you know how that goes. I enjoyed the banter immensely.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Keep writing!
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous