They'll Take A Chunk Outta You (Verena)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Ssenislin on July 18th, 2015, 12:26 am

14th of Summer, 515AV... Later.

While one expected hunting granidile to take a lot out of them, Ssenislin hadn't quite anticipated the phrase being so literal. While he normally would have preferred not to alarm the poor townsfolk, at the moment urgency and a callousness brought by physical exertion tossed that concern to the wind. At any rate, those Kenashians with sinister intentions were largely off-put by the fact that the Dhani was hauling a creature weighing more than a ton behind him. For the most part, others on the road merely shuffled out of the way with a mix of disgust and wariness on their faces as he sniffed for a doctor, leaving a trail of red like an inkbrush behind him as he did so.

Eventually the Dhani smelled rubbing alcohol and medical supplies inside somewhere called the "Mortal Solace", which seemed promising enough. While he normally exercised a touch more precision, Ssenislin was not in the best condition at the moment, and as such his knocks proved a little more vigorous than may have been comfortable. The first two rattled the windows and sent dust raining from the ceiling, whilst the third caused the frame to splinter and send the door swinging lazily open.

Whoever was manning the desk would doubtless get a sight to share with their grandkids. A gargantuan Dhani dripping water with an enormous chunk ripped out of his left side exposing the musculature beneath as well as a sliver of bone and a gash down his arm, his front stained red from the mingled blood and swamp water holding a granidile longer than he was by the tail and staring sheepishly through the doorframe.

"Pardon my manhandling your door." he rumbled apologetically, examining the frame and trying to figure out how on Mizahar he was supposed to fit through it. "I do think I need a doctor ssomething fierce." As if on cue, a trickle of blood ran down his arm and dripped on the floor. "Iss thisss a place I can get one?
Last edited by Ssenislin on March 26th, 2016, 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ssenislin
Gourmandizer

Words: 21124
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2015, 11:50 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Verena Lorak on July 18th, 2015, 12:45 pm

With her cutlass in hand, she turned another page in her journal. Lately, Verena had been more determined to follow through her swords lesson and one of the easiest practice she could get was by strengthening the muscles in her forearm. Caedmon had taught her the simple exercise. All she needed to do was swing her sword forward and then bring it back over and over again. It was easy to do and it was something she could squeeze in between her time in the clinic. Even if it was useless, it gave her hand something to do.

Her mind was partially wandering when Verena first heard the crash from outside her office. The healer practically jumped in her seat as the blade slipped from her grasp and cluttered on the wooden floor. She noted to herself that she shouldn’t be so easily startled that the only when she had was dropped out of her grip.

Eager to see what the commotion was all about, Verena rushed out of her office only to see that Hallan had been already on his way to get to her office. He stared at her with wide eyes, his mouth opened to say something, but the Lorak was already turning her head to see a . . . a . . . gigantic snakelike being standing in front of her clinic. She saw that her door was hanging off its hinges, looking like it might fall down any second.

The young woman wondered if she should have brought her cutlass along.

Snake. Oh, by Rak’keli, Verena was never fond of snakes. Her heart seemed to climb right up to her throat and it took all her common sense not to scramble back behind the desk. The sight of its glistening scales made her shiver. Goddess, she hated snakes. And this . . . this creature was even worse than the common snake. A giant snake dragging along a granidile in front of her clinic.

In all her years as a medic, the Lorak had seen some odd and disturbing things. But she was sure she had never been quite as shocked as this particular moment. She took a deep breath, trying her best to push the fear deep into the recesses of her mind. “What are you?” the young woman blurted eyes as her eyes traveled up and down the scaly figure. At the sight of the blood dripping down, Verena took one step forward – and regretted immediately.

“Lady Verena, I don’t think that is a good idea,” Hallan warned as he grabbed her wrist and pulled her back.

It took almost a whole chime for Verena to truly gather her wits. So far, the snake didn’t seem to be interested in hurting them and he was injured. The last thing she wanted to do was close the distance between them, honestly. “I . . . I will be alright.”

With another reluctant step, the healer took her place just beneath the doorway. “Take a step back. You are too big to get inside.”
Verena Lorak
Detached Doctor

Words: 234038
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2013, 1:17 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ssenislin on July 19th, 2015, 8:33 pm

Ssenislin cackled for a tick before he winced and groaned in pain, an (admittedly agonized) grin remaining on his face. The numbing effects of adrenaline had long faded, and his wounds did not enjoy being aggravated by belly-laughs. Still, the fleshlings' respect pleased him greatly. It was as it should be, with his glorious coils and powerful muscles. "I am a mighty Dhani!" Ssenislin announced as he slithered backwards to better showcase his height and girth. "King of the river! Decided by combat." he said with a satisfied glance at the strangled granidile. "And your girly will be fine, little human." Ssenislin added with condescending softness. "My belly hungersss for bigger game."

At the request to retreat from the door the Dhani sprawled away from the doorway onto his back, humming like a sleepy alligator as he did so. "Your turn." he said with a lazy smile. "Tell me about yourssself, girly."
OOCHnnng, it's so short. D: Surry.
Ssenislin
Gourmandizer

Words: 21124
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2015, 11:50 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Verena Lorak on July 28th, 2015, 6:06 am

The snake’s words were not quite reassuring, but she supposed she would be fine considering that he needed her help. Deliberately, Verena stepped outside into the summer sun, though the dhani’s towering figure shielded her from most of it. People had started to gather in the streets, though keeping a healthy distance away. Their eyes flicked between her and the monstrous snake. It would not take long for one of the city guards – the Pailles – will come around.

“My name is Verena Lorak and I am a healer,” the young woman said simply.

With great reluctance, the doctor took a step closer to the dhani to see to his wound. Instead of looking straight at the broken chunk of flesh, Verena could not help settling her eyes on his reptilian skin first. At the sight of it, she shivered.

No, I need to focus.

Her eyes carefully turned to his bleeding arm and she assessed it swiftly. Verena had seen enough granidile bites to recognize it in a quick glance – the dead animal lying on her front lawn was also an obvious clue. A big part of the flesh was ripped thoroughly, deep enough to reveal the bone underneath. An injury that wide was not something she could stitch up easily. For now, she needed to focus on stopping his blood and cleaning his wound.

“Stay still,” the healer warned. “This will hurt.” Placing a hand on the wound as best as she could, Verena let Rak’keli’s power flow through her, cleansing the wound. An open wound like this had a terrible risk of developing an infection. Especially considering that the snake must have fought the granidile through the swamp. Rak’keli knows what kind of filth had wormed its way inside him. “How long have you been bleeding?”

It was important for to swiftly judge whether or not he had lost too much blood. Usually she would judge it by feeling the skin of her patient – whether or not it’s cool and clammy. On this case, with Ssenislin’s scales, Verena doubted she could be absolutely sure. At least, so far he looked conscious enough and his mind whirling properly enough for him to speak.

Verena turned back to her slave, who was now standing outside. “Get me the krolar poultice, some sedatives, and all my tools.”
Verena Lorak
Detached Doctor

Words: 234038
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2013, 1:17 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes