[Group plotnotes] In a Reverie

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Postby Karin on August 13th, 2015, 4:29 pm

(Aka the dream thread which I can't decide the name of O.o )
Hello everyone!
So, you've all said you'd be interested. I was writing private messages out, and although I do realise you can send messages out to everyone at the same time, I think it's a little easier for us all to see here like this. So, please post any suggestions to what you'd like to do, and pick what kind of restriction/limitation you'd like for your character and let me know in this thread.
Thanks for all your interest, and I'm really looking forward to writing with y'all! :D

10/7/17- All my threads are marked [open] and as such are open to all. :)
Karin
Ocean gazing

Words: 384298
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Karin on August 13th, 2015, 4:32 pm

Here's a list of bullet points which ideally I'd like to cover, which can be added to, or say 'no way!' to if you wish!

• I want to explore the feeling of helplessness. My character's a little helpless at the moment: she wants badly to do something but she doesn't have the resources to do that thing at the moment. So in the dream I'd like to create a feeling of helplessness, anxiety and confusion. (It helps that my character's living in Alvadas at the moment xD )
  • I would like to write about scenery which is bizarre, mind boggling and dangerous. The kind of scenery which is all like, yes, I am a happy, sunny beach with gorgeous rolling sands... until you step forward and suddenly the beach is a mountain, the sand is a landslide, and you're flailing and falling to your death... things like that ;)
  • Roleplaying is a relatively new experience for me, and one of the main reasons I posted about the thread is that I want to roleplay with peeps! So I would like some fun simply writing with people.

Karin
Ocean gazing

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Oceane Fougere on August 13th, 2015, 10:27 pm

I am on the bandwagon on this one, totally excited to explore the "dream" portion of the game with my PC! I think it is going to be such chaotic fun ;).

As for limitations, perhaps Océane's touch shatters things, similar to the glass suggestion, but instead of it being just glass perhaps it turns into a mosaic and shatters in different colors. The fragments being small, so watch the eyes and try not to inhale tiny shards of glass ;).

I was also thinking that Océane's body not be in human form, perhaps more of the Earth element but still with a humanoid feature. Like, tree bark for nails, her eyes appearing like daisies, her skin will have a green hue, rose vines for hair, something like that? I think it would be whimsical and strange! Since she has Earth Reimancy it could be branched off of over-giving the day before or something like that. She would still appear human, the daisy eye thing would not just simply be absolute daisies, but it will be her eyes framed by the petals of a daisy instead of eyelashes, the centers no longer sea-green but a bright-golden yellow. If this is too complicated, we can strike it ;).

As for your bullet points:

• I like the sense of helplessness integrated into the dream. What with her still experiencing amnesia this would tie in really well with that I think. My character is also living in Alvadas at the moment, so it should be fun!
  • Bizarre scenery.. YES! I would love that, where it constantly changes, like the shifting streets of Alvadas. It would be fun to implement aspects of where she lives into the dream.
  • I agree, collaborating with others is much more fun then being in a solo! Can't wait to see how the plot thickens ;)

Common | Other's Words | Thoughts
Will Be Inactive for 60 Days.
Oceane Fougere
Player

Words: 20012
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2015, 5:09 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Karin on August 14th, 2015, 11:24 am

Well, I'd say that that would be an interesting limitation to have. It sounds like it fits in well with what I know of your character too, so that's a bonus. I also like the suggestion that she isn't looking entirely like herself, I have to admit though that I know very little about magic in this game yet. However, it sounds like a really cool idea, and kind of like a manifestation of your character but in an exaggerated way, which is cool!

Can you (or anyone else) think of any particular scenery you'd like to write about? I don't want to plot everything out here, because I think it'd be nicer to simply write and see what happens, but if anyone has a particular place/scenario which they'd like to explore then fire away and let me know!

Karin
Ocean gazing

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Oceane Fougere on August 14th, 2015, 6:19 pm

With the scenery we can plot out the basic outline of what it will start out to look like, that way everyone will know where they are starting. Then we should let the writing take it further, each of us taking turns every so often to change the scenery letting it fall way to a new place. That way the other PCs can react accordingly to what is going on around them. Or Karin, you can be the one to change the scenery since it is your thread, and we all have to react to what is going on around us.

There are so many possibilities really :). But I suppose it is what ever everyone else is comfortable with!

EDIT:

Or someone could do some guest storytelling for the dream thread?
Oceane Fougere
Player

Character sheet

Postby Duende on August 14th, 2015, 6:36 pm

Hi all!

I love the surreal vibe that's been mentioned thus far!

For ideas I have one or two...
  • Scenes shrinking or growing proportionally gigantic & being linked to the group's emotions Alice-In-Wonderland style?
  • Someone could get stuck in sinking-sand, everyone pitching in a muscle to try help them out of it, but ending up sinking in & coming out the bottom into another scene.
...As Oceane suggests, inspiration will definitely hit as the thread is going!

For Duende's limitation I really liked your idea (Karin) of not being able to tell truth. I could envision ways his lying could get quite funny being (so far) the only man among women. Orr he can only repeat the last few words of whatever someone else has said and can say nothing original himself.
Duende
Player

Words: 19067
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2015, 11:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Oceane Fougere on August 14th, 2015, 6:40 pm

Oh yes! Alice and Wonderland vibes, I love it. The quick-sand idea is amazing as well, falling down the rabbit hole, but instead, suffocating in gritty sand to come out somewhere new. Sounds like lots of fun!

Hahaha poor Duende.. He would go to tell someone she is pretty and end up saying she is hideous.. bahaha that is so funny ;)
Oceane Fougere
Player

Character sheet

Postby Cuicatl on August 14th, 2015, 7:56 pm

I mentioned this in PM, but I am interested in communicating in bird - speak. Personally, I'm in favour of viewing the dream as if it was mundane; my dreams personally have always felt natural to me at the time until something particularly startles me in the context of my dreams.

I'm not saying I won't participate in the crazy stuff, but to the contrary. I intend on viewing it as casually as possible (in context). I really hope that makes sense. I see so many people playing out crazy dreams and acknowledging that they are crazy dreams while dreaming that I really just want to play one that where I don't know it's a dream.
Threads: 2/10
Cuicatl
the animal inside.

Words: 11129
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2014, 10:21 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Karin on August 15th, 2015, 3:54 pm

Hey all, great ideas so far!
I really like the idea of scenes shifting and changing size-wise, especially if that somehow corresponds to the mood at the time. I'd imagine that everyone will be feeling differently, so the scene would be shifting a lot, which sounds interesting.
I especially like your idea Cuicatl, my dreams are kind of the same, I don't really realise how weird they are until I wake up. So I think it'd be nice to accept the scenery as if it's normal. Of course, everyone's allowed to react differently, but I do want people to act as if they are in a dream, whatever that means for your character :)
I don't know what anyone else thinks, but I'd quite like to explore different aspects of emotion. Light-heartedness AND dread. Happiness and sorrow. I'm not sure how much we'd be able to fit in, I don't want it to be toooooo long... xD
But yeah. Oh! And I think that I like Oceane's idea of each of us changing the scenery whenever we want to- and as long as you're all happy with me setting the scene in the beginning, we can work from there!

And just for my sanity:
  • Karin: dream-telepathy of every thought
  • Duende: only being able to tell lies
  • Oceane: everything touched turns to mosaics
  • Cuicatl: speaking in bird-speak, no-one being able to understand

Karin
Ocean gazing

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Oceane Fougere on August 16th, 2015, 12:46 am

When I dream, it is usually vivid or night terrors personally..or black and white sometimes. But that is just me, I have weird dreams! I have continuation of dreams as well, I will dream about something and then it will continue off a month later, though I keep a log of strange dreams because I am weird like that >__<;. So any scene would be fine by me is what I am trying to say. I like the weird, crazy, alive and wonderland and I am fine with the complete norm, just know that eventually I will throw in something crazy if we are allowed to change the scenery because I do like spicing things up and shaking it up a bit!

I love exploring emotions! As long as it is not drama, drama, drama, drama through out, but sticking to one main action or a couple, then I am fine with it. But if it is like this:

"All of sudden a monster rips her head off." and then "All of a sudden she gets a shard of glass in her eye and blood spurts out every where." Like every other line, then I am not going to be interested in that (all though the shard of glass in the eye sounds kind of epic!)

Just let me know whenever you guys are ready to start it! Are we waiting on Lisana?
Oceane Fougere
Player

Character sheet

Next