Solo Never Kneel

Two slaves and a master dance in death.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Never Kneel

Postby Caesarion on July 8th, 2015, 10:33 pm

34th of Summer, 515 AV

He would tell no one. Not even Ameer would know of this plan - this dark infestation of macabre thoughts that came upon him. He would avoid Emarus Telemaran's gaze whenever he thought of it, for fear of his emotions catching the aurist's eyes. No, he would not let discovery stunt his ambitions. He was ultimately quiet, and ultimately adventurous, spending much of his waking hours far away from his master's side. He was meant to improve, and as a result he was given opportunity to do so - and to go out, to give himself time to balance his emotions and formulate a plan. In the time given to him by his master, he had formed many plans, and met many people. He had gone to the Forest with Ameer and he broke his shell, he learned truthful things about his fellow slave. Not only that, but due to recent conversation, he had formulated an extremely steady plan with which he'd kill his master.

Emarus Telemaran wanted to pick up hypnotism once again. The thing was, he was rusty after not practicing it all that much in the past few years. He was barely a mage even though he was a wizard, most of his talents living outside the thought of other Nuit: money, prestige, appearance of power that he did not possess. It was for these reasons that Caesarion was here, when he should've been across the world with Aoren . . . anywhere else. It was Telemaran's need for luxury that stunted the life of this young man that he could've otherwise lived. In happiness. In safety. In love.

But this was a great weakness that was to be exploited. His lack of practice meant he would not know his own limits so well. Caesarion promised to oversee his hypnosis training, even despite being of somewhat inferior caliber in that regard, and so he would be there to prevent his master from overgiving. But that wasn't his plan. His plan was to emotionally condition his master to continue to overgive, extensively, past the point of health. To the point of his ichor flowing freely from his mouth and his eyes, insanity consuming him, and his death being certain. This plan was one that Caesarion would need to execute perfectly if it would ever succeed. Otherwise, he may yet be bound in chains, or worse, punished by the council of Sahova.

So - consider this day to be a great game of manipulation and intrigue. Caesarion knew that Telemaran was wise, so he would employ neither such thing freely, but only silently and subtly.

On the 8th bell, Caesarion awoke in his section of the laboratory and stretched his body. He prevented any thoughts of his plan or of rebellion, simply fearing the sort of inquisitive nature of his master whenever he determined to see his slave's aura. From the eighth to the ninth bell, he performed simple duties, bathed and cleaned his clothes. He greeted Telemaran as he always did in the morning, watching the man fawn over the gilded chronicles in his personal library. He paid no mind, and did not seem to see the day any differently as it was. So, from the ninth to the tenth bell, he exercised with Ameer at his side. Like usual, he ate meat and drank water before the exercises began, and he began with sit-ups, then push-ups, then squats. Ameer was feeling particularly lazy, so he just watched and talked instead of really exercising alongside him. That was fine. Caesarion enjoyed the company.

They spoke of silly things - they spoke of their interests regarding animals. Caesarion described the sort of dogs he liked, horses, even things that seemed obscure if not trivial like sheep and rabbits and other things of the like. Ameer was a cat person, not surprisingly, which made Caesarion explain to him that cats were pure evil and he should disassociate with them for fear of offending the Gods themselves. Though, that part was a joke, but he was fairly serious about cats being evil. He even added in how they would leave dead birds at your doorstep, and torture small animals and bugs, denoting that their favorite past-time was bloodshed and brutality. Ameer admitted truth, but nonetheless, he confessed his deep infatuation with black cats and the sort of mystique that laid beyond their eyes. The other slave simply laughed. The tenth bell was there, and so too was the next trek of Caesarion's journey.
Caesarion
Your world was burning, and I stood watching.

Words: 415638
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2013, 5:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Never Kneel

Postby Caesarion on July 8th, 2015, 10:53 pm

Caesarion was unwilling to admit, that since Ameer had come here, he had been a lot happier. He tried to bring happiness to the young man, devoted entirely to Priskil, but the result was opposite if not mutual. Caesarion was very proud to have become the friend of one so intuitive, receptive and charming. For someone who had been a slave forever, he spoke more like a calculating noble who had seen much of the world and its games. He was wise for his age, much wiser than Caesarion was until recently, and the smile that was perpetually on his face whenever the young mage seemed to look at him was as charming as it was deadly in nature; it fought to seduce him, to make him question why they couldn't simply remain as two owned beings intertwined forever. But of course, the thought of romance now after everything scared him away. All he'd ever felt had always been denied for some reason. His first love was a man who did not find himself drawn to men, and cruelly reminded him of it, then his second for his brother's best friend who teased him and reeled him in only to push him away. His third hint of feeling was lost the very moment he was enslaved.

Perhaps his reason for feeling these things around Ameer was not that he was truly drawn to the thought of romance, but instead that he had made a friend he did not want to lose. He felt a bond, an attachment, one he didn't want to lose. The severity of it? He didn't know. It was likely nothing as it was likely something. But such feelings were too shallow for him to pursue. He simply let his heart skip a single beat in thought of what might happen between Ameer and He, the young man that had nothing but could have everything and the mage Caesarion who so deeply longed for things that were impossible as they were brutal. Death of powerful creatures. Control over the fate of mankind. He wished, always, so deeply, that he could just do something right for someone without letting his heart slip and fuck up. If Emarus Telemaran were to see any feeling in Caesarion right now, it would be shame that he could never make a proper decision when he was faced with it. But he quickly resolved that Ameer's fate was his own, and although Caesarion would help him, he would never let himself live this existence simply to make sure Ameer remains 'safely' bonded to an arrogant sadist.

So, as the eleventh bell came, he did not resume his Reimancy training like he generally did during this hour. He didn't want to use a single morsel of Djed to ensure the success of all that would happen today. Instead, he went to where Emarus was to speak with him in private. Explore his thoughts as of the time being. "Master," he said, sitting down beside him. The Nuit nodded his head, staring forward at an antique vase he'd just purchased from some city in Cyphrus. "Hello, Vox," he called the man. Even though it was significant of his suffering, the name didn't bother him all that much. It was the name that lived on during a stage of his life, but as of today, he was only Caesarion. He knew this to be true. Even if he would pay in blood for all that he had done to Telemaran, and would do today, he would be content that he could die as someone free. Someone with a dream.

"How goes your second look into hypnotism? You mentioned earlier that you'd like me to teach you, but have not spoken a word of it since." He looked to his master, and the man leaned back into his seat. He sighed. "I want to learn today, but I cannot for the life of me remember where to start." He shrugged. The slave laughed, and he said, "The stages of conditioning, master. Have you golden plated your brain as well? I heard it does ill for the memory." He smirked. The master did too, always loving Caesarion's ability to be an ass to his master, as it was a replica of his own infinite sass. "I forget things because I don't care to think about them. Magic was good to elevate me to where I am now, but as a Wizard, I no longer need it. I only need trade, and connections. It's just that they've grown difficult to obtain as of late. I thought perhaps hypnotism could sway the direction of my negotiations." This was true, though why he was admitting it to his slave he didn't know. He supposed after a while he sort of expected Vox to adapt to being 'Vox'. To accept slavery. He never actually suspected that all this time he was plotting. It didn't cross his mind anymore. All he ever pondered was foolish wealth and ambition. What else did he need?

"The stages of conditioning, definitely, then. The only way to subtly influence the mind to positive and negative answers without alerting such obvious suspicion." He spoke the truth, and it seemed his motives were clear. He acted as if he simply wanted to outwit his master, which was something Emarus rolled his eyes at and challenged back. "Since when did you become such a genius?" He crossed his arms. "I have learned much, as you have commanded of me." To Telemaran's great dismay.
Caesarion

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Never Kneel

Postby Caesarion on July 8th, 2015, 11:13 pm

For the purpose of the hypnosis training, Emarus would conscript his other slave, Ameer. When Caesarion went to retrieve him, he said nothing at all, only that the master wished to speak with him. The man went, although he seemed somewhat scared of the Nuit suddenly becoming wrathful. Caesarion assured him that no such thing would occur, as Emarus was in a good mood. When Ameer went, he was provided a seat in front of Emarus so the two could sit face-to-face and look at one another. The master then spoke. "Hello, Ameer," he said calmly. The young slave replied with a greeting to his master, speaking patiently and formally. The man smiled at his pleasantries. Perhaps by some record Telemaran was being unusually kind, but every now and then, he would act bizarrely sweet to his slaves as if to imply that he was a gracious master. Perhaps this was his tactic of getting Caesarion to obey, but really, it never quite worked on him. Even so, Ameer wasn't necessarily caught off guard so much as he was simply bored of the thought. He didn't really enjoy Telemaran's company very much, preferring to stick to the silent places or being made to 'comfort' Vox.

"I want to say that I feel I've been cruel as of late." He spoke. Caesarion wasn't sure if he had begun emitting his Res yet. What he did know was that while Ameer was ignorant, Caesarion would certainly be able to resist if he attempted to hypnotize him as well - because he already knew what Telemaran was trying to do. "I have not allowed you to do anything that you might enjoy. You clean and provide all day, and even tend to Vox's every whim. Your only leave is allowed when you go out with him, on the assumption that you'll be petching too." He grinned. Ameer almost busted a laugh. "I would like to say that I care about you, and want to be trusted to guide you on a more productive path from now on. I have always wanted to be a kind master. Everything I have done was to try and be sweet and kind." Everything I have done was to try and be sweet and kind. A lie. Hypnotism always started with a lie. He imagined that somewhere over . . . there in terms of his words, his Res would surface, and his attempt to hypnotize Ameer would begin. Even so, Caesarion sat passively, not saying anything or taking action.

In somewhat sudden notice, Caesarion witnessed Ameer's eyes go from somewhat cautious to being instantly more trusting. It wasn't the suggestion though. He figured it had to be emotional response. Then, he seemed in quick succession to rise to joy even quicker. As if he had a feeling followed by a deep and joyful thought. Something Caesarion had seen in victims of his own hypnotism, and even Ameer. Depending on Ameer's next words, that thought might be proved. "I know, Emarus," he said. "I think, indeed, you have always been gracious for a master." The young man seemed jovial. Emarus's face rose, suspecting that his hypnotism was working and yielding results. It must have been sudden thought. Stage three already - he was not doubting the potential of his master. Of course, this was where things would intensify dramatically. This was where his plan boiled down, to see if he could mentally manipulate Telemaran to organize his own destruction.

He leaned over to his master's ear and whispered, "Ameer doesn't trust you. He is wary of hypnosis. One thing about mastering this magic is learning to manipulate even those who know of it. You must put on more pressure." He pulled away, with Ameer simply raising an eyebrow, and Emarus's expression dimming. "Ameer, I have tried very hard to be good to you. I sincerely hope you believe me when I say this." He seemed almost sullen. Suggestion, again, considering the similarity of the words. Followed by an emotional response, Ameer swelling up like before to the same rise of emotions - he seemed inflamed in thought. But, this time, it wasn't simple agreement. "Master, I don't imagine you to care." His expression dropped. Emarus seemed infuriated, silently. Caesarion saw this, and immediately triggered an emotional response against Emarus: more enragement. He leaned in yet again to whisper, "You need more pressure. Try emotional surge." He knew that Telemaran wasn't skilled enough to do emotional surge. His trying and wasting copious amounts of Djed was indeed the intention - and its results would see life.
Caesarion

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Never Kneel

Postby Caesarion on July 8th, 2015, 11:35 pm

He would release the Djed. Large amounts of it, trying to rile up Ameer to belief. He wanted him to feel that trust that he tried to portray, silently conditioning him to hopefully sway the soul. At this point, Caesarion used emotional surge on Ameer to make him feel relaxation and peace. It was enough to sway the existing emotions a little more, and the man leaned back and put on a smile. "It's not working," Caesarion whispered, followed by, "Try again." Suggestion. Over and over, telling Telemaran he failed and that he needed to do more. Swelling the enragement with emotional surge. The Nuit would seem to grow tired after a while of attempts, with Ameer at this point realizing that he was being hypnotized - because Caesarion had done it to him before, and told him that he was doing it. He noticed the sudden emotions, and he started to fake being nudged on after some time. He began to realize what Caesarion was doing. He began to realize that this was it, the game of life and death, with the slaves to overthrow their master.

Finally, Ameer spoke. "I've been pondering, master," he said, dramatically enough to make one think that he'd been swelling with emotion. "What did you bring me here for?" He asked. The man felt confusion. He didn't know what to say. He admitted to Caesarion before that he didn't know. He spoke the words to Ameer, "To keep me company," he said. It was a suggestion. But not enough, as Caesarion would say. "Check his aura with auristics, master. It will tell you the truth of how he feels." And so there he did - he activated it, channeling the energy. Ameer seemed . . . almost adrift. Angry, but not angry; it was as if confusion and fear both, but boiled together to a dangerous fusion. Telemaran then looked to Caesarion's aura, to see if he lied . . . but it was a complete calm. The young man attempted meditation in the moment, and calm and balanced breathing like he'd learned from all that bodybuilding . . . and not only that, but the strongest and most infinite desire to conceal the truth. He didn't feel anything right now, because he didn't need to. The conflict of his emotions was enough to allow him a balanced medium. He would let his heart pretend he was a teacher. He would let his body pretend he was shackled and enslaved, when Caesarion had already been reborn.

"He feels scared," Telemaran whispered to him. "And I feel tired." He didn't know of it yet, maybe, but he was already going to overgive. How much was he going to overgive? That was not for his diluted mind to know - but Caesarion's mind to tip the thought of. "Master, you must try for more," he encouraged. "You're tired because you feel defeated. Rise to the occasion." The suggestions were many, the feelings compelled. He did believe that he needed to do . . . more, that he needed to draw the intended reaction from Ameer.

So he tried again - emotional surge, emotional whatever, even hallucination like he'd remembered. He looked at Ameer's aura again, and it changed slightly. A good response. He continued. Caesarion triggered the thought in his mind, "I must finish this task, and then I will be well." It was a thought that he hinged on already, and so he felt comfortable with the belief. He put more Djed into this - more, more, more.

Within a few minutes, Telemaran was on the ground with ichor flowing from his eyes and his mouth. And that wasn't nearly the end of it. Caesarion knew the final stage of overgiving that came with hypnotism - believing your own manipulations, falling prey to your own conditioning. And so he said it - truthfully, though driven by what seemed insanity. "I am a kind master, Ameer, Vox. I have wanted your company so that I might make you happy." He smiled, and in a bizarre and wretched sort of way, from his bleeding mouth it seemed so real. "I try deeply to be kind." He repeated. Caesarion asked, then, "Kind enough to see us unshackled?" He asked inquisitively, not with outright motive present. But the man was too diluted to care. "I would see the both of you . . . set free." The insanity was deep in his mind. He had spent so much Djed that he lost his ability to see through his own illusions, the energy of his hypnosis breaking into his mind and infecting it. He was naive to his own words, and so they were made honest: that he would be kind, that he would set Caesarion and Ameer free.

"Hand me your writs of ownership, in my library. I will see you unchained."

And so - that was the outcome. Freedom at last, without bloodshed from his own hand. It was absolute liberation, and entirely by his own merit. Everything he'd done had paid off.

Vox was no more. It was just Caesarion now, and forever, owned by only him - a vision of light and hope. Priskil be praised.
Caesarion

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Never Kneel

Postby Keene Ward on August 16th, 2015, 10:26 pm

Please check your inbox.
Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Words: 1279864
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2014, 2:16 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2014 Top NaNo Word Count (1)