Closed Date Night [Duron]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Date Night [Duron]

Postby Ayatah on August 13th, 2015, 9:04 am

13th Summer, 515AV. Eighth Bell

"Oh, Skurak!" The Myrian curse word slipped out of Ayatah's mouth before she could stop it. Instinctively, she clapped a hand to her mouth tightly, glancing around her to see if Kuame had heard. Even though he couldn't speak Myrian, she did not want the boy to hear the furious sound of the swear.

A relieved smile escaped Aya's lips as she slowly remembered that her son was staying at a friend's house for the night. Silently, she thanked the Gods yet again for Jerome's mother, Hannah Sequil. The other woman had understood and accepted Ayatah's frantic requests whilst they waited outside their sons' school to collect them:

"Hannah-please-can-Kuame-stay-at-yours-tonight-I have-a--" The only time Aya had breathed before finishing her request was when she had struggled how to define tonight's meeting.

The awkward pause was enough for Hannah to fully understand what Ayatah's plans involved. Elbowing the Myrian and wearing a grin, she had winked before saying, "oh, I see. Of course he can! We don't want the young lad seeing anything unsuitable for now, do we?" Ayatah had been mortified at the other mother's crude suggestion. But her stunned facial expression and blushing cheeks only bought about more jokes and teases from Hannah.

Kuame's absence for that evening had initially been a Godsend for Aya, though now she missed his sweet presence. He would have been a welcome distraction. She was unbelievably nervous, but also incredibly excited. Her stomach was in knots; her heart was in her throat. Her fingers tumbled clumsily with her hair as she tried to knot it into a loose plait. It did not go well. So she tried again, looping one handful of hair over another, crossing a third under and repeating the movement. In the end, and in a fit of frustration and rage, Ayatah swore loudly again and gave up. Loose hair would have to do, and it cascaded down the Myrian's back in a fan of raven locks.

For a final time, Ayatah checked her appearance. She wore the only none-Myrian styled garment she owned: a violet dress that was made with a delicate chiffon material and fell to her knees at the front and flowed down to her ankles at the back. Maybe she was over dressed, or not dressed enough. What if he didn't even bother arriving? What if Ayatah fell over or spilt wine down her front whilst they were out?

The Myrian growled lowly as she paced back and forth. She had faced Dhani, Yukmen, Myrian tigers, jungle hounds. And yet an evening out with an Akalak suddenly felt like the greatest challenge she had ever faced.

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Words: 667148
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 11:30 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Date Night [Duron]

Postby Duron on August 16th, 2015, 6:49 pm

Opening the door to his room in the Takula Outpost, Duron went to his closet and took out his dark blue linen pants and his dark blue linen shirt. They were the nicest garments the akalak owned, so he hoped Ayatah didn't mind being seen with a commoner. Unlike the rest of the “normal” akalak who normally would dress in fancier clothing to impress a potential female. The Cerulean wasn't the greatest hunter in Riverfall, so he had limited funds to buy personal goods or services. Also being a part of the cult doesn't allow him the luxury of mingling with the citizens of the city especially with a female. He figured that they would get stares from the locals; however, they might just assume Ayatah was a nakivak. He just hoped nobody brought that subject up while he was on a date with her because he didn't want to explain what a nakivak was to a proud myrian woman. Walking over to wash basin, the akalak poured some water into it from a pitcher, grabbed a clean rag, started to bath himself. The cerulean smiled to himself as he daydreamed about his first date ever.

When Duron was finished getting dressed, the akalak strapped his lakan to his belt. Walking down stares into the common room, the akalak noticed five of his brothers sitting around the table. One of them looked up and waved him over to his table. Sighing to himself, he walked over to their table and noticed they were playing dice. The one who waved him over looked up up and down and asked in tukant with a nod, “Are you on a night patrol? I suggest you bring your spear since I doubt you could defeat anyone with your lakan...”

Duron lean on the edge of the table, shook his head, responded with smirk, “You are one to talk, Dervis. I do recall last week. You had to go to the in Gilia Medical Center because you cut your hand during drills...”

Dervis stood up, pushed him gently with one hand, and said with a laugh, “You weren't supposed to tell anyone, so are you on patrol? Need help?”

Ignoring his question, Duron pushed him back and said with a chuckle, “It not like I am telling anyone important anyways!”

Laughter erupted around the table of akalak and Duron started to relax. However, when Dervis asked about his plans for the night. The akalak's heart started to pound with anxiety, so he decided to let the secret out of the bag, “No....ummm I going a date. She was the one who asked me, so it would be rude to say no...” Silence spread like a plague around the table. The Cerulean cult members just looked at him stunned. Dervis shook his head and said simply, “Duron, you know you shouldn't have accepted. I understand if she was a Nakivak, but a unbounded female, Duron...Is she a foriegner?”

Duron was about to defend his decision; however, another one of his brothers cut in swiftly, “If you are going through with it, let Aferan do the talking. He is the lady's man. You are kind of awkward around woman.”

Duron immediately frowned at the suggestion of letting Aferan go on the date instead of himself. Yes Aferan had experience with women during his years before joining the cult. Aferan was the one who suggested that he talk to Ayatah. Feeling the anger start to grown in him, Duron did his best to control it as he was interrogated by his brothers. He was about to open his mouth, but another one of his worried brothers said with a paranoid tone in his voice, “Duron....you should just stay away from woman. They they have a way of messing with a man's heart and head that make us not us. You won't be able to think straight and before you know it....” The purple man paused for ten ticks and said in a whisper, “You will be eaten by a zith. I seen it happen before! Just wait! She will turn you stupid...” Clenching his jaw, Duron closed his eyes, clenched his fists, and thought to himself, We are just going out for drinks! You petching idiots!

Suddenly, Dervis looked at him and said softly, “She is a foreigner. Isn't she Duron? I suggest you go out for drinks than end it there. You don't need the unnecessary trouble or heartache...” Duron shot a glare at Dervis and thought to himself, Was he my father? I am the master of my own destiny not you! Suddenly, Duron grabbed the edge of the round table, lifted it up and upturned it on the paranoid akalak. The rest of the cerulean brothers got to their feet and glared at Duron, but they said nothing as he stormed out of the compound and muttering to himself, “How dare you idiots tell me how to live my life!”

Walking down the street of Riverfall, Duron wanted to take her to the White Crane. It was across the city from her condos, but it was a nice night to walk through the city. As Duron approached her condos, he wondered if he should have bought her someone as a gift. He wasn't quite sure what myrian women considered a good gift to give on a first date. He didn't know much about the Myrian culture other than hearsay about them being cannibals. For all he knows, the rumors could be all false. Duron figured that he would find out eventually, but he was more concerned about getting her flowers. Since it was getting late, their was no street vendors selling flowers, so the akalak surrendered the idea and continued down to the Wind Swept Condos. When he got to the condos, he was amazed at how close Ayatah lived to the Kendoka Sasaran. She must visit Kendoka frequently. The evening walk through the Wind Swept Condos were peaceful as he made his way to her apartment. The gardens gave the apartments a natural look to them, so he noticed the condo grounds were buzzing with bees, grasshoppers, and butterflies. She definitely had a nicer home than the Takula Outpost. When he got to the door with the address, the tattooed man could feel his chest start to pound as he knocked gently on the door.
Last edited by Duron on September 25th, 2015, 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Active Threads: 4/6
Duron
Player

Words: 80620
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2015, 5:54 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Date Night [Duron]

Postby Ayatah on August 16th, 2015, 8:44 pm

Remember, when he knocks on the door, don't answer it immediately. You don't want to seem desperate

Hannah's advice hung over Ayatah like a bad dream. She continued to pace up and down her home, hands fidgeting about herself before finally landing on the hilt of her dagger. Should she take it with her? It was hardly a romantic or feminine gesture, but then again, she had met Duron at the Kandoka Sesaran, and he knew she was a warrior. He would probably expect her to come armed -- but what if he interpreted the presence of her dagger as a sign that she didn't trust him?

She let out another frustrated growl. In Taloba, a man and woman simply met, fought together, and usually tumbled into bed together that very same day. It didn't always conclude in romance, but there were none of these ridiculous rules and expectations. Finally, Ayatah grabbed her dagger, attaching it to a thigh sheath, which she in turn wrapped around her left leg. Whilst not exactly comfortable, knowing she now carried the dagger bought about a sense of security for Aya.

He should bring something. Flowers, probably, or something sweet like chocolates or something.

Aya had subsequently asked Hannah why she should expect a man to bring her things -- especially flowers, which she did not hugely appreciate anyway. If a Myrian male brought a Myrian female flowers as a gift, he would instantly become a laughing stock throughout all of Taloba. A good weapon, a dead animal, or the head of Dhani were all far more respectable and appreciated things to bring.

She paused briefly in front of the mirror yet again, inspecting her appearance with nervous obsession. In reality, she had made very little effort: no make-up, no style to her hair. She wondered if Duron had been told to expect certain things from her, as she had from him. Would the Akalak presume she would make a great effort with her appearance? Did he expect their evening to end in an intimate way? If so -- to what extent?

Well, I wouldn't say no--

Her thoughts were cut short by a knocking from her door. Ayatah stopped, frozen, staring at the door as if it were a foreign object. Before he could knock again - and against Hannah's helpful advice - the Myrian marched over and opened the door.

An easy smile came to her lips immediately when saw the blue male on the other side. He was dressed in dark blue, which suited his skin complexion well, and he had scrubbed up impressively well. "Hello Duron." She said, leaning against the door before stepping around it. Her movements were smooth, despite the nerves that bubbled in her gut, and after Aya had locked up her home securely, she turned back to the Akalak and joined him on the pavement, "So, have you recovered from our earlier spar? You certainly clean up well."

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Date Night [Duron]

Postby Duron on August 18th, 2015, 4:36 am

Running a hand through his black hair, Duron waited patiently for Ayatah to answer the door. The akalak started to run scenarios through his head on how he should greet her when she answers the door, but they all seemed like something out a of romance story. The akalak didn't want Ayatah to think Duron was fake like Aferan when he talks to women. He wanted Ayatah to know the good and the bad sides of him even if they were ugly. When Ayatah opened the door, the akalak was about to say something, but he couldn't find the words because he couldn't believe this woman would put so much time and effort into making herself look amazing for him. The myrian woman was wearing a long intricate violet dress that left nothing to the imagination as it clung to her athletic body. The akalak did his best not to stare, but he might have stared in silence for a tick or two to longer for comfort. Slightly embarrassed, he nervous ran a hand through his hair again and said with warm smile, “Hello to you too, Ayatah.” Groaning at his awkwardness, the akalak could have been smoother, but all he could do was just stand their like a idiot.

When Ayatah got to the pavement, Duron wasn't quite what she meant by cleaning up well, so he said with a awkward chuckle, “I learned at a early age that soap is a useful thing regardless of my childhood disdain of it. However, tonight I didn't quite trust myself with a razor because my hand was shaking so much with anticipation for tonight.” Duron heard Aferan groan in the back of his head as he kept rambling on and on about his personal hygiene. Being his first date, he hadn't had the experience of his dark brother with women, so he wasn't quite sure what was acceptable conversation for a date. The akalak said with a nod, “Anyways, I will have a few tender places for days, but I will survive.” Looking at Ayatah, the Cerulean said with a smile, “...You truly look amazing, Ayatah. I am really happy that I lost to you...”

Realizing the fact that he was staring at her again. Duron felt all his blood go to his cheeks, and he nervously rubbed the back of his head and said with a smile, “Anyways, I got reservations at a tavern on the other side of the city called the White Crane, so we have quite a walk. At least, we will have a pretty walk there.” The akalak wasn't sure if the myrian woman cared out the aesthetic appeal of the scenery of the coastal city, but he figured that it will give them a chance to get to know each other before they arrive at the restaurant. He knew small talk was pointless, but it was a way to avoid the awkward silence. Duron hoped the myrian woman was as nervous as him, so she might be forgiving if he made mistakes around her. Giving her another smile, Duron asked with a warm smile, “Shall we go?”
Last edited by Duron on August 22nd, 2015, 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duron
Player

Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Date Night [Duron]

Postby Ayatah on August 18th, 2015, 7:56 pm

He's nervous as well.

The tiny voice in Aya's mind that informed her of her date's nerves came as a real relief to the Myrian. She had expected Duron to be confident, to take the lead and show her what dating outside the jungle was like. But his admission of nerves proved her assumption wrong. Ayatah smiled, thankful that she was not the only nervous wreck in their duo. "Don't worry about it. I almost tore my hair out trying to style it like the women do in Riverfall. It... didn't quite work out." She finished sheepishly, tugging lightly on her loose and very un-styled hair.

She had not expected him to compliment her, so when Duron did, Aya gushed, blushed, and stumbled over her next words. "I- no. I mean- thank you, Duron. You look very handsome, too." She grinned, unable to stop herself regardless of how gormless she might look.

"Yes, let's go." The nervous twitches in Aya's gut had changed into excited little butterflies. There was something about the Akalak male that brightened her mood and made Ayatah want to learn more about him. As the two began to walk in the direction of the tavern, she stole glances of her companion every so often, as if familiarizing herself with his appearance. She was certainly attracted to him - that much was obvious from her desire to kiss and be close to him. Did he feel the same way? Aya considered that the Akalak might not be interested in her in the same physical, intimate way. There was only one way to figure that out -- but that could wait for later tonight.

"So, I've been wondering..." she began, twirling a strand of raven black hair that hung at the side of her face, "is there a meaning behind the tattoos on your face?" After a brief pause, the Myrian winced and added quickly, "not that I'm complaining! I have several tattoos of my own." Her hands gestured briefly to several parts of her body, desperately trying to display one of her tattoos, but most were concealed by her dress. Eventually, she tugged down the neckline of her dress, revealing a narrow collarbone and the tattoo engraved into her skin. It was of a bone, and looked uncannily as if Ayatah's skin and flesh had been peeled away to reveal the clean bone underneath. "This is just one," she explained hurriedly, subsequently holding out her left hand to show Duron a matching style tattoo on the lower part of her thumb. "I have more which I'll show you later."

It took Aya approximately two ticks to realize the weightiness of her final statement. Desperately, she began to apologize in her mother tongue. "Skurak, I didn't mean--" she paused, sighed, and tried again in Common, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to assume anything of tonight. Not that I don't want--."

Finally, Ayatah stopped talking and mentally kicked herself.

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Date Night [Duron]

Postby Duron on August 19th, 2015, 3:03 am

As the pair walked down the street, Duron noticed Syna was starting to get lower in the sky, and he was pretty sure that they would make it to the restaurant before Syna dips below the horizon. The akalak was surprised how out of sorts Ayatah seemed to be around him. The confident woman seemed unsure of herself around him. When she made the joke about her almost pulling her out when she failed at styling her hair. The akalak smiled at her and said nothing. The woman had beautiful hair, and she didn't need to style it for him. Besides, he enjoyed the fact that she left it down because it made her unique unlike some women in Riverfall. This unique exotic beauty of a myrian peaked his interest more than even the pale beauty of konti maidens that most akalak prefer to mate with. As he looked at Ayatah, Duron started to wonder if he shared his father's attraction to more exotic women like the Vantha or Myrian.

As they turned on to the street leading to the bridge to the waterfall, suddenly Duron was blindsided by a question that he was trying to avoid. It was a simple question about the meaning of his facial tattoos, but the answer most likely put a damper on the pretty good start to the night. The akalak stopped and slowly turned his head to Ayatah. He sat there dumbfounded as he tried to think of best way to break the true meaning of his tattoos. Duron knew from her question that she must have recently arrived in the city if she hadn't learned about the meaning for his facial tattoos. Suddenly, Ayatah started to nervously tell him about her own tattoos, and she reached up to the neckline of her dress and pulled it down to her collarbone. The cerulean was amazed at the detail in the tattoo of a exposed bone in her body. It almost felt like he could reach out and yank it out her shoulder. She admitted that she wanted to show him more of her tattoos tonight. Trying to hold back a grin, Duron started wonder about all places on her body that could be hiding a tattoo; however, Ayatah started to speak harshly in her myrian tongue and quickly apologize for her directness. It was now obvious that she was attracted to him physically, and he was wondering if it was the reason for her anxiety this evening.

Reaching out with his left hand, Duron took her hand and placed his right hand gently over her hand that she held out for him and said in common with warm smile, “Ayatah, I would love to see your tattoos because I am sure they are quite artistically appealing and meaningful in your life, but only when you are comfortable in showing me...” Feeling the anxiety start to grow, Duron wondered if he should lie about the meaning of his facial tattoos, but he knew eventually Ayatah would find out about the meaning and resent him for lying to her. The akalak knew that he needed to be honest with her, so she could decide if she wanted to continue the date. It would be disappointed if she left and went home, but he would understand too. Still cradling her hand in between both of his hands, Duron took a deep breath and answered her original question about his facial tattoos, “The meaning of my tattoos are a warning in akalak society that I am...” Feeling his mouth start to get dry, Duron swallowed and said softly, “...dangerous.”
Duron
Player

Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Date Night [Duron]

Postby Ayatah on August 20th, 2015, 9:06 am

Dangerous

The word swirled around Ayatah's head as soon as it left Duron's lips. She had suspected him to be somehow different to the rest of his society, but Aya had not expected him to be labelled as dangerous. Duron seemed no different to his brethren; he was polite, kind, little shy and awkward around her, but she was as well tonight. The last word Ayatah would use to describe him would have been dangerous.

Still, it was a weighted word. In a society made of warriors such as the Myrian people or the Akalak men, dangerous had the potential to mean a great deal of threat. A dangerous mouse was still a mouse after all, and no particular concern. But a tiger labelled as particularlydangerous was something to be avoided at all cost. If Duron had been labelled as such by a society of Akalak men, it certainly related to the latter rather than the former.

But the way he was cradling her hand now was so not dangerous that Aya struggled to imagine the reason why he had been labelled as such. Perhaps he killed a fellow Akalak warrior in the past? She had no real idea what warranted the label of dangerous in in Akalak society, and Aya felt that to question her companion further would spoil their evening and the chances of their relationship maturing to something.... more.

So I still want to explore that with him, she considered silently, her dark eyes focusing on the way her hand was nestled between his. She wanted his hands to touch her elsewhere, on her waist and back and neck -- all the intimate places where only one's lover would touch. Was it a wise decision? If he was dangerous, could she ever introduce Duron to Kuame? What if he tried to hurt the boy -- or worse?

If that happened, she would defend her child to the best of her ability, of course. She was still a Myrian-trained warrior, a seasoned battle fighter who had killed Dhani and Yukmen and all sorts of other jungle nasties. He might be dangerous, but she was as well. Was that not why many of the other parents at Kuame's school kept well away from her?

Eventually, Ayatah stepped towards Duron, bringing up her right hand and pulling his left hand down and around her waist before doing the same with his other arm. It was a bold move, but the Myrian had got the feeling that such boldness was necessary for her to fully reassure the male. Once she found herself suitably positioned, close to him and with a single hand on the front of his shirt, she said, "I'm dangerous, too." She allowed the flickering of a smile to play on her lips before further explaining: "the last man in my life used to remove the scalps of his victims and make a cloak out of them. It was pretty hideous, but also oddly impressive. I'm used to dangerous men, Duron. I can deal with them."

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Date Night [Duron]

Postby Duron on August 22nd, 2015, 4:39 am

Interesting...

Duron ignored the comment left by Aferan because he expected Ayatah to pull away from him, call off the date, and head home, but she did the opposite and pulled him closer to her. As she put his left hand around his waist, she reached over and pulled his other arm around her waist. To the inexperienced akalak, the whole scene seemed to play out in slow motion as he came to the realization that his one of his daydreams were starting to come true. For some odd reason, Ayatah of the Shattered Bones cared little about the tattoos on his face. She only wanted him. Feeling his heart start to pound with excitement and little bit of fear, Duron hands trembled slightly as he held her waist, but he didn't let go or wanted too. Ayatah tried to relate to him that she was dangerous too, and she her last lover worn people scalps in a cloak. It was a kind thing to say in a horrifying way, but he started to relax as he held her close in his arms.

Duron wasn't sure if it was the way Syna was making her skin sparkle or the sweet scent of her long brown hair, but he wanted her closer to him. Pulling his right hand from her waist, he reached up, brushed her brown hair from her face, leaned forward, and kissed her softy on the lips. The akalak wasn't sure if she wanted the kiss, but he felt it was the only way that he was able to express the whirlwind of emotion circling in his head at the moment. Tomorrow, he might have to take a few days to gain control over his storm of emotions and come to grip with reality that his small world of just himself and his crazy brother could be a bit larger in the future. However, as he pulled away from Ayatah's lips, he knew she would be worth trouble in the end. Resting his hand back on her waist, Duron said with a smile, “You might be the first normal person in Riverfall who sees the man behind the tattoos and not judge the man by the meaning of the tattoos. Thank you, Ayatah....” Suddenly the playful smile appeared on his face, and he said with a chuckle, “I doubt you will have to worry about me because you already proven today that you can beat me up. If you look closely, you might see the bruises starting to form on my arms...”

As Duron pulled away from Ayatah, the akalak took one of her hands in his right cyan hand. Regardless of the people walking by and staring at the pair. The Cerulean saw nobody accept for the myrian woman. Looking up at the location of Syna in the sky, they might have a bell and half light left before Syna-set. Leth would be dominate in the sky during dinner, but the akalak wanted to get to the White Crane before Syna-set with the spattering of few clouds in the sky. It would be breathtaking sight to behold if they got there in time. Still holding her hand, the akalak said with a smile, “I would have gotten you flowers, but by the time that I reserved a table at the White Crane, got cleaned up, and ready to go. The stores were closed, but I think...you will enjoy the restaurant...”
Duron
Player

Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Date Night [Duron]

Postby Ayatah on August 22nd, 2015, 8:21 pm

The Myrian did not realise that Duron intended to kiss her until his lips were placed on hers, warm and light. Her response came naturally: Aya lent into his kiss, pressing against his mouth and holding her body close to his for the briefest, most intimate moment yet. She liked the taste of his lips, the feel of his chest under her fingertips. When he pulled away, she did too, though the smile on her lips was impossible to conceal. "Be careful with using the word 'normal' so loosely," she replied, a devilish smile playing on her lips, "but the man behind the tattoos is certainly someone I want to meet."

They continued walking, but Duron carried Ayatah's hand in his; this minor action filled her with an excited buzz. She was elated, practically walking on air as they strolled through Riverfall. At his admission about not bringing her flowers, Aya chuckled, "don't worry about it, Duron. Flowers make me sneeze and are... not a usual gift shared in my culture." With her free hand, she touched the crook of his arm gently, "but I'm sure the restaurant will be wonderful."

The rest of their brief journey was completed in relative silence. Aya, at least, wanted to keep the rest of their conversation saved for the restaurant. Though she was desperate to learn more about her date, there was something rewarding about waiting -- a sort of delayed gratification. Despite the smile that was permanently slapped on the Myrian's lips, a concern weighed her down. Duron had shared his secret, but Ayatah still carried hers: Kuame. She prayed to Myri, and the other deities just for luck, that the Akalak would accept her son, or at least the idea of him. Otherwise, it would devastate her.

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Date Night [Duron]

Postby Duron on August 24th, 2015, 2:53 am

For some odd reason, the Cerulean held his head high as he walked down the streets of Riverfall. The akalak was walking hand in hand with a remarkably intriguing woman. Who seemed to be enjoying his company as much as he enjoyed her company. The memory of his first kiss lingered in his mind, and he still did his best to recall the feeling of it as they crossed the bridge over the waterfall. The sound of the falls were deafening, but the view was spectacular as Syna was starting to fall below the horizon line. The evening sky was painted with a combination of oranges, reds, and yellow colors as the goddess slowly went to sleep. When they crossed the bridge, Duron led her down the street past the labor aid office and eventually the street turned towards the ocean at the School of Earth and Life Science. At this point the goddess was just enough below the horizon for people to start lighting the lamps. Eventually, the akalak could hear the faint sounds of musicians warming up as they got to the entrance of the White Crane.

When they entered the lobby, the akalak already hear the once faint sound of warm up were now very loud inside the building. Duron figured it would sound more like music when they started to preform, but at the moment, it sort of just sound like music to him. Turning to Ayatah, Duron said with a nod, “I wasn't expecting this many people here today. Luckily I reserved a table. I will be right back.” Letting go of Ayatah hand, he noticed a couple of akalak men staring at him and Ayatah as they entered the restaurant. He figured that they were silently questioning a Cerulean Cult member's reason for escorting a female to bar, but for all they knew. She could be a Nakivak. Duron shot one of them a glare as he walked by and the purple man narrowed his eyes at him, but he said nothing. Walking up to the host, Duron said in common, “I have a reservation for Duron and guest in a balcony table...”

The man never raised his head from his book to look at him, so he said with a nod, “It is fifteen gold mizas for a balcony se..at....” The human looked up and his blue eyes immediately focused on the tattoos on his face, and he said careful words, “So...are you paying for the reservation right now or would you want to pay when you leave?'

Duron took out his coin purse, took out fifteen gold mizas, and set them on the counter. The human behind the counter counted the money quickly and said with a nod, “I... will have a server bring... you to your table...sir.” The Cerulean nodded, walked back to Ayatah, and said with a smile, “A server will seat us soon...” The akalak wasn't used to this many people, so he nervously kept his face to the floor and rubbed his hand with his other hand. Normally, crowds wouldn't bother him when he was on a job, but he was out for pleasure, so he wasn't quite sure what to do. The longer that he waited the fidgeting got worse.

ledger15gm for balcony table reservations
Duron
Player

Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Next