Solo Healing Agony.

[Summer 515 job thread]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Taloba, home to the Myrians, is the thriving core of Falyndar. Inhabited by a fierce and savage tribe where blood sacrifices are normal and a way of life, they are untamed and proud of it. Warlike, and with their numbers growing, the Myrians are set on reclaiming what is rightfully theirs. [Lore]

Healing Agony.

Postby Quzon on August 27th, 2015, 5:35 am

5th Day of Summer, 515 AV.
Bell

A booming trumpet pierced the sound of softly falling rain. It was a horrendous thundering noise that wailed like some true horror through the training yard, and echoed through the hard wood and fitted stone of the caretakers hut that surrounded Quzon until the very air within vibrated shrilly. Quzon set a basket that was filled with dried reeds and exited the hut to run towards the source of the sound. He rushed past one of the fellow keepers of the Tskanna; a tattooed woman called Asai of the Broken Spear, on his way towards a stable. He know her in passing around the training yard, but hardly ever spoke to her. He slowed his pace when he passed her. "What was that?"

"I've no idea, so let hurry." She urged him forward, and he went. Running by her side, down the training yard to a stall that had gathered a collective of people in front of it. He shuffled past several Laborers to find a Tskanna bull thrashing around. That sound came from Zuxqi? He was fine bells ago? He thought to himself as he shoved passed more Laborers. "What did you do?" Quzon's words were shot like like arrows through the dark, swift and subtle yet with no true target. He did not want to raise his voice in front of the already aggressive Bull. And likewise, he did not wish to implicate anyone without cause.

He and Asai, approached the Tskanna with their hands up to wave the beast down. "Whao... Hey. Zuxqi, everything is alright. What is wrong my friend? let us help." Quzon kept his voice at a constant calming volume as he moved with cautious pace, step by step, closer until he was able to run his hand down the length of Zuxqi's trunk. The large beast flapped its ears and pressed its trunk against his hand. Clearly something was aggravating it into becoming hostile.

A male laborer spoke up once they had managed to calm the Tskanna down. "I don't know what happened. At one moment I was shoveling and then the next, well I barely managed to avoid being gored by a tusk."

Quzon kept massaging a hand down the beasts trunk as he listened to the laborers story. "We'll handle it from here. If you are not a caretaker, then leave. I do not want him to be startled again." He never once looked at the laborer or the crowed, he only focused on keeping the bull calm. Once all of the spectators were gone, he turned to Asai. "Woman, keep him calm for me. I need to find the source of his pain."

She traded places with Quzon, running her hand down the creatures trunk as he circled around the Tskanna with focused attention. It was a slow process as he ran his palm along the Bulls thick but moist skin. Trying to spot any irregularities. When he began to examine Zuxqi's hind left leg, the massive beast responded by taking a step to its side and shouting off a agonizing bellow from its trunk. Each time he tried to touch its leg, it continued to hobble away from his touch.

"I know, pain is difficult to bare. But you must relax. We are trying to help you." He stopped trying to look at the bulls leg for a moment, and simply ran his hand along its body. Petting at its belly until the bull had become comfortable with his touch. It took a few chimes, but he managed to gain its confidence then squatted slightly to glance at its inner thigh. Strangely enough, after all that trouble, there was nothing there?

That realization made threw him for a loop. "Wait, what?" Did he miss something? "Easy, Zuxqi. I know this will hurt." He ran hand along the beasts thigh, feeling around for anything unnatural. "Come on. What is wro..?"

He answered his own question when he ran his hand up its leg, behind the knee. Even though he could not see it, he could feel the problem. The tskanna were hardy creatures with tough skin, but they were always moist or covered in some amount of mud. Not unlike elephants. But what Quzon felt was a hard dry patch of heated skin with a lemon sized ball of swelling beneath the surface. "Asai, come here and feel this. There is something hidden under his skin."

The female caretaker sighed a responds with a knowingly troubled look. "He has an abscess. It will need to be cut opened and cleaned before it gets worse. I'll go get herbs and tools you will need to..."

"Me?" He responded with some amount of trepidation. Quzon did not mind preforming the task, he just felt that his skills were below an average level when it came to cutting into the tskanna to heal it.

"Yes. You found it, so you will be the one to help cure Zuxqi of his pain. Lay him down while I retrieve the tools you will need." The Female then turned to walk off towards the storage huts.

Quzon
Victory & Power

Words: 271667
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 11:30 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)