[Revali's Scraps] Tea Time

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Revali on September 7th, 2015, 3:33 am

Yes, hello. Come on in. Have a seat. So glad you could make it!

I'm Tia, and this is my scrapbook. I welcome any and all conversation, be it writing related, personal stories, or otherwise. Feel free to share pictures, songs, poems, or any other creative inspiration you may find. I'm open to pretty much anything, so long as you don't disturb the relative peace.

You may see me post as Revali, Cosimia, or Minnim, as these are my PC's.

Now, was that one sugar, or two?
Last edited by Revali on September 24th, 2015, 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
6/8 Active Threads
Have some time? Come leave a peer review
Revali
'Fraidy 'Kat

Words: 45187
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2015, 3:34 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Revali on September 12th, 2015, 10:55 pm

Perseverance
WarningThis does include a brief description of some medical work done on my feet, so if that kind of things makes you squeamish, I suggest you skip this scrap.

As I was laying in bed today- in pain, exhausted, and trying to come up with the inspiration to write- a question crossed my mind about perseverance. So, instead of replying to my thread partners, I decided to muse here. (Sorry guys.)

For almost a year now, I have had extremely painful plantar's warts on the bottom of my left foot. But, being such a stubborn creature, I refused to do anything about them. I simply decided I would persevere. After all, I told myself, I could still walk. It would probably go away on its own.

This past week (with no small amount of poking and prodding from my parents), I gave in and went to the podiatrist for the first time. They took one look at my feet and told me I would need strong treatment to get rid of them. Worse, if I didn't treat them immediately, they would likely spread.

Perfect.

The fastest and most efficient treatment would be painful, they warned me, but I wanted to get it over with. I let them inject a fluid into the bottom of my feet via a stunningly long needle. The pink fluid went under the top layer of skin but not yet into the bloodstream, so that it would target the virus causing the warts and kill it.

They told me it would hurt, not only to inject, but I would likely be unable to walk for a week or so. I nodded and agreed, but that night, I was marching in the marching band, just like I always do. It hurt, but I ignored it, because I knew that the entire band needed to be together for the march to be the easiest and best. Again, I convinced myself that I just needed to persevere.

This morning, I woke up, and the pain was worse than ever. Even though I knew I needed to mow the lawn, walk the dog, run to the store, I could barely get my shoes on. After talking to the doctor again, I've learned that I most likely irritated the sensitive spots by ignoring the pain.

And thus, my question is, when does perseverance become stupidity? Where is the line drawn? Although I know that I cannot coddle and baby myself every time I'm hurt, it is clear that I also cannot push too hard. How do I find that balance?

Maybe it's something I'll learn with time. Or maybe I'll always push things farther than they need to go. My father does it, so I guess I'll blame him for the bad habit. Having a scapegoat does make most things better.
6/8 Active Threads
Revali
'Fraidy 'Kat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Tarot

Postby Revali on September 13th, 2015, 6:05 pm

Tarot Reading
I've always been a fan of tarot cards. I've been using the same base deck for awhile, but I wanted to try out a new one, and see if I could apply the same skills in a less familiar area. So, I purchased a new Hobbit themed tarot deck, and thought I would post the reading here for you guys to read and enjoy. I'm using a three-card reading, which means that the leftmost card represents the past, the center card is the present, and the right card is for the future. Here's what it looked like overall.

Past :
Eight of Swords: Most of the time, you can tell the meaning of the card by looking at it. The Eight of Swords is definitely one of those cards. It represents a force, either physical or mental, holding you back from accomplishing what you need to do. However, the Eight of Swords also serves as a reminder that we cannot simply let something hold us back- we must put up a fight. Only by acting can we wriggle free of our binds.

Present :
King of Wands: Both visually and spiritually, the King of Wands is one of my favorite cards. With the giant eagle spreading its wings wide, we easily understand its message. We must have confidence in ourselves if we are to achieve anything. We must believe that we have the power to fly, and then we will.

Future :
Six of Wands: The Six of Wands is a promising card for the future. In the simplest of definitions, the Six of Wands is victory. It promises that, should you work for it, you will find what you set out to get.

Overall, this is a very positive reading. It says that, even though there may be things holding us back, we need only have the confidence to break free. These cards promise good things to come, should we only strive for them. And, really, what more could we ask?
6/8 Active Threads
Revali
'Fraidy 'Kat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Sayings

Postby Revali on September 16th, 2015, 2:14 am

Quotes and Sayings
I wanted to document all the quotes and sayings I've collected for Revali somewhere, so I decided I'd dump them here. I might need these for boxcodes, signatures, that little tag-line under my name, whatever. This will be updated as I come up with more.

'Fraidy 'Kat
No Road Map to Happiness
Hakuna Matata
Opening Doors
'X' Marks the Spot
6/8 Active Threads
Revali
'Fraidy 'Kat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Vblog

Postby Revali on September 22nd, 2015, 12:20 am

To be totally honest, I'll probably do it anyway, but I figured it would be polite to gauge interest first.

Would you guys like to see me talk in a vblog? What would you like me to talk about? I would take questions, obviously, but broad topics (such as Religion or Magic or whatever) would work too. I'm open to whatever you can throw at me.

You can leave questions here if you have them, or you can throw them at me once I get a vblog thread up and running. Whatever you wish.
Revali
'Fraidy 'Kat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Revali on October 3rd, 2015, 9:31 pm

Hey all!
You may or may not have noticed that my replies have been slow/nonexistent for a little bit. Sadly, this will continue until Monday or Tuesday-ish.

I've had some issues IRL that landed me in the hospital, and I'm not allowed to have electronics there. This means I have been able to write out my replies (in crayon :disgust:), but not post them. I was only able to leave the hospital for an hour today, which is how I was able to get you this. I promise I will tackle all my overdue threads as soon as I can manage.

Thanks for your patience.
6/8 Active Threads
Revali
'Fraidy 'Kat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nivel on October 5th, 2015, 8:19 pm

I'm sorry to hear that your in the hospital :( I wish you a speedy recovery.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)