Solo [Sanea Labyrinth] The Badlands

Evil in the Labyrinth

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

[Sanea Labyrinth] The Badlands

Postby Sevris on October 3rd, 2015, 11:15 pm

15th Day of Fall 515 A.V

There was an exception to the weather today. It wasn't exactly cold but within his armor Sevris felt just right. The Golden Paladin sat atop of his horse, as usual clad in his golden armor and his gold double-bladed sword on his back. A not to special warhorse but Sevris was still learning the ropes of riding. They had begun to walking into the Sanea Labyrinth on the hopes of finding untold treasure. This time they had an advantage in finding whatever lays there. The Marshall Ty Guss who was placed to aid the young Lazarin believed so. Sevris had two unqiue items, his helmet allowed him to see uses of Magic in almost every form except Projection.

This would be invaluable in finding something out of the ordinary in the Sanea Labyrinth. His second item was shrouded in more mystery. A large red book that glowed and radiated with power. Sevris was sure it was made by a powerful Magecrafter. Looking at through his helmet it was alive and had intelligence but did communicate directly to Sevris through any language that he was familair with, the Ancient Tongue.

It was jumbled words and random words that flew by the pages too quick for him to piece together. But it did give directions such as his time to when he first found it. However one day when he was studying it the words Sanea Labyrinth crossed by. It was a while before the name popped again and then no more. But this book was to powerful to ignore such a message.

Convicing his Master and Ty Guss to go on a journey they were hoping this would lead them to a fragment or something of noteworth. Sevris had a secret agenda himself. He was sure Ty Guss and the Master were apart of the secret alliance with Gru'Tral who had fled the city. They wanted to kill him.

No perfect place than the Labyrinth to off him. No other reason why the Master would let Ty Guss tag along. The Paladin had been keeping an extra eye on him just in case.

"So now what Sevris," one of his Commanders asked him also on top of his horse.

"Now with this many forces we can tackle any monsters we encounter and also be able to track our steps through the Labyrinth. This book will lead us. I will stay ahead and warn of any magical traps. So now, you follow me."

Sevris pulled on the reigns and continued along the beaten path with his company of 10 Ebonstryfe members and a few Apprentices behind him.
Last edited by Sevris on June 23rd, 2016, 2:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Words: 187865
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2012, 5:26 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sevris on October 6th, 2015, 11:33 pm

The book was finally giving them directions after a chime of walking. The troops were getting impatient with the walking without direction. A red arrow told him to go left and right and a few confusing steps as it did when it lead him to Rhysol. Whatever they were searching for was deep within the Labyrinth. As they progressed deeper Sevris no longer needed his helmet to know that there was heavy magic within this place. Someone really wanted to keep this place a secret and for it to remain a secret.

However it seemed more odd than anything that they were not encountering monsters as the legends have spoke of. This place was infamous for people trying to forcefully pry secrets away from only to do die trying. Sevris had a far more deeper suspicion of something much bigger playing out.

Rhysol is with us Sevris thought. If we encounter anything above our pay grade, I'm sure the God of Evil will rescue us. This mission is for him anyways. And for myself.

But what a sight the Sanea Labyrinth was. It looked dangerously beautiful. Even someone as corrupt as Sevris could still tell beauty. But after a few more chimes of walking and groaning from soldiers they came upon a giant cave opening. Sevris looked at the book and a giant red arrow glowed pointing towards it.

"Alright guys. It looks like we found what we were looking for."

"I'm more surprised than anything that we haven't ran into anything yet," Marshall Ty Guss said pulling his Bloodbane up next Sevris. "This makes me very suspicious."

"As am I Sir Guss. But this book has never led me astray-" Sevris stopped when words instead flew across the pages instead of the large red arrow. In red writing it said...Grave danger awaits. Only the strong shall survive.

"Um...I think we are expecting something. Something big," Sevris chimed in looking around. There was a slight thumping. No not slight, like many feet. Sevris only now noticed it because his own troops had stopped. "What in blazes is that sound?"

No sooner had the words left his mouth that slew of shadows started coming from another opening on the other side of the cave. Sevris and everyone's spread in shock and fear. From the other side they could see a company of Sylirian Knights. Some on horseback and others on foot but they seemed to be about 5 Knights and three Squires in all.

Sevris's golden blade was whipped out in quick fashion, his soldiers followed suit. The Knights stopped chattering and laughing when they noticed that the Ebonstryfe was on the opposite side. "Its the Styfe!" One of them yelled and they all drew there weapons.

There would be war if Sevris didn't do something quickly. Sworn enemies, this time was however not the right time to break into battle. Thats if they could avoid it. Sevris looked at Ty Guss and he nodded and they rode their horses closer to the opening of the cave.

As battle begin the captains and commanders come forth. Two Knights broke formation and rode out to meet them. They stopped when they were about 10 yards from one another. "I am Ser Sevris, Lazarin Paladin of the Ebonstryfe army. Why are Syliran Knights impeding on this territory and our mission."

A big burly Knight in grand silver armor spoke first, "I am Canon Grims, Stewart Knight of the Syliran Army. We are here because the Windoak spoke to us, and we are here on its behalf. Now I can see why. Evil is here for a reason, and it sent us to destroy you."

"Don't push your luck Knight. We are not to be trifled with. We have no business with Syliran dogs but you if you impede us we will annihilate you."

"Tough words from such a scrawny man!"

"This blade will show you scrawny Knight!" Sevris yelled back beside himself.

There was no way Syliran Knights would let them go without a fight. Time to destroy every single last one of them. As soon as Sevris was about to call to attack. He heard a roar so fierce and so deep that it struck something in him he hadn't felt in a long time. Fear.

It was maddening and incredible at the same time. It came from the cave. Both the Stewart Knight and the Paladin looked at the cave as did everyone in the opening. Then they felt ground shudder as something stepped towards them.
Last edited by Sevris on June 23rd, 2016, 2:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sevris on October 7th, 2015, 11:32 pm

Sevris eyed the opening of the cave forgetting the Syliran Knights for the moment. Whatever that was it demanded their immediate attention. A few more steps could be heard as the creature walked towards them. The sun was able to breach a little into the darkness and they were able to see what was the big commotion about. Out of the cave they could see the head.

It was a giant glassbeak. But not like any glassbeak they had ever seen before. It was even more grotesque than anything. It looked like it had been experimented on more times than anything. Usually the largest birds would be about 9 feet tall. This one was 15 feet tall and easily 800 something pounds. It didn't make sense.

To their knowledge Glassbeaks weren't Dire but this one certainly was. It had grey and white hair all over letting them companies know that it was an ancient Glassbeak. But it was also armored with scales making it even more dangerous. How did a Glassbeak get all the way out here? Sevris found himself cursing in his thoughts.

It was a minute or two before its giant eyes looked at the Ebonstryfe and Syliran Knight Commanders before it let out another roar that startled them. It started charging at the Knights first and they retaliated with feared arms. Sevris and Ty Guss turned their horses and ran back to their troops who were flabbergasted.

"What should we do?" One of the Commanders ran up to them and yelled.

"We have to stop that thing. We may have to aid the Knights with this one because none of us will be able to stop that. But we will only help them keep it busy. I and Mantira and Ty Guss will go into the cave to retrieve whatever is in there. Then we leave them to die. We aren't fully prepared to take a beast like that on and I am not trying to get us killed." Sevris answered. "Got it."

"Wise council Sir Sevris. Lets move." Marshall Ty said eager to move along.

Mantira was a Commander who was skilled in Magics. He would was one of Gru'Tral Leeching wizards before he turned the coup. Dressed in all black Stryfe armor he trotted him up with his horse. "Alright lets go. Sanguine your in charge till we get back. Keep our boys alive and we'll finish this mission and leave."

They nodded. And they then charged towards the Dire Glassbeak who was tearing into the Syliran Knights. Killing them by the dozen. The three leaders turned their horses and started galloping into the exit. There was barely any light within the cave but they wanted to get out of the peripherals of the Glassbeak before it noticed them.

They were well into the cave when something rejected them and they were thrown from their horses and sent reeling backwards. "What in the name of Rhysol was that!" Mantira.

"I don't-" Sevris started to say but he focused his vision a little and his helmet started to reveal to him. A deep purple wall was layered and he barely missed it. But this wall was invisible, thats because it was a Shielding wall. "Strike a torch."

Ty Guss had a torch on him and set it aflame. The Paladin could see it a little better. "What do you see Lazarin?"

"Its a Shielded wall. Its been put up to block our process. But this wall is ancient and its being held up by even more ancient glyphs. Mantira its show time. We need you to leech that wall down. It shouldn't be that strong anymore and I'm sure your strong enough. Show us why you made it on Gru'Trals personal squad."

Mantira nodded and started chanting. Beginning to syphon the strength from the large Shield.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sevris on October 8th, 2015, 11:33 pm

Sevris saw a red type of funnel come from Mantira's hands. It started to pull the deep purple's essence of the Shield into it. It was quite fascinating, Sevris was sure he was one of the few to actually see such Magic interacting with one another in their form. As the wall was weakening. He could see Ty Guss was fidgeting and pacing back and forward. Their horses were on the other side of the wall, apparently it didn't keep out fauna's.

But there was a sudden change in movement that was eyebrow raising. But Sevris moved the thought from his mind. They had much more pressing matters to attend to. Mantira looked like he was getting an influx of powerful magic, really gangly looking in the first place, he could tell he was an expert with leeching. His body could barely fill up his armor but he was good at what he did.

After a few minutes the Paladin could see an opening in the purple wall where Mantira was siphoning Djed from. It began to tear and there was an opening big enough for them to enter. Sevris took the torch and from Ty Gyuss and lead the pack past it. As soon as Mantira stepped through the wall formed again. Something was keeping it active.

"We'll have to break through again the wall closed. Lets leave the horses here I'd rather not be thrown off our horses again. And we'll need a quick getaway."

Ty Guss still strangely quiet said nothing but nodded his head and let Sevris lead the way. "Mantira watch the horses we'll be back we need to be quick."

Mantira was to sickly to keep up with them in that armor. The Lazarin and Ty jogged through the cave which seemed to be straightforward except for a turn that took them deeper into the cave. After they took a turn into the cave they could still hear screaming and fighting going on from the outside which revitalized Sevris to hurry. His people were dying out there. They had to hurry.

As they made another turn in the distance they could see a light. Which was strange within itself. They neared closer and they could see an object blazoned with embezzling light. It was beautiful and terrifying at the same time. It gave off its on light as it sparkled with power.

The Paladin could see it with his own eyes the Djed emitting from it. It was a small chest no bigger than both his hands, but the designs were familiar. Ty Guss beside him finally broke character and was amazed.

"What is it?"

"I have no idea, but we will find out."

"Well now I claim this in the name of Rhysol."

Sevris stepped forward and grabbed the chest. It radiated with a power definitely. However he heard something unsheathe its weapon behind him. The Lazarin held his breath. He knew this was coming but not how and now.

"Did they send you to kill me Ty Guss?"

"You were dead when you killed Ansel. It was only a matter of time of when," Ty Guss said with his Longsword pointed towards Sevris's back.

"This is treason!" Sevris said turning around to his Marshal who had Commanded him even when he started out as an Apprentice. "After all we've been through you would turn your blade on a Lazarin? What a fine time you've picked to murder me."

"Gru'Tral has promised my life and a healthy spot as a Master if I got rid of you. You who joined sides with Lazerin and killed his most prized Mage Hunter. He is very displeased with you. We cannot afford for you to have the Powercube and for Lazerin to have more power over Ravok. I am sorry but you must be dealt with."

"So be it. I shall kill you and become Marshall of this army. A true hero to Ravok!"

"After this you will be scorned a traitor and skinned alive."

"Never!" Sevris whipped his blade upwards and knocked Ty's sword out of his face and rolled backwards and set the chest back down where he found it. "Be prepared to face my wrath Ty Guss."

"Prepare to die Lazarin!"

They both dove forward and locked blades as the fallen torch gave light to a dangerous fight.
Last edited by Sevris on October 28th, 2015, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sevris on October 9th, 2015, 6:50 pm

Their blades were barely seen but they were apt fighters and needed little light to do away with their foes. However it was still extremely hard to meet Ty's custom Longsword wherever he weaved his blade at. He swung low and Sevris's golden Double-Bladed sword met it as well. Ty Guss still had a lot more experience than he but they were neck and neck in fighting to kill the other.

Ty Guss parried an attack from the Paladin which feigned an opening for the him. He stabbed forward aiming for his stomach. Sevris barely could see the attack and rolled away just in time as the Longsword cut through his armor. He backed away to gain some ground but the only light they had was from the chest and the torch fighting to stay alive itself.

He was losing balance in the uneven cave. But the Marshall was relentless and pressed the attack even without the need for light. Only trusting his instincts. Then I will have to trust mine as well.

Ty brought blade high down low and Sevris threw his guard up instantly and locked blades. He used the time send a side kick to the armored abdomen. Although it wouldn't necessarily hurt the Marshall it winded him slightly and he stumbled backwards with a venomous look on his face. They exchanged fierce blows with one another each attempting disarm and kill the other.
Last edited by Sevris on October 28th, 2015, 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sevris on October 12th, 2015, 11:29 pm

This was a test of vigilance. Ty Guss was every bit of a match as Ansel was. However Sevris did not have the helping hands of Miriam and Darrel at his disposal. He would have to match wit with skill if he wanted to survive this ordeal. He panted as he matched his golden blade with Ty Guss. His Longsword seemed like a Magecrafted item under the view of Sevris's helmet. Also every time he parried or blocked a blow from him there was a definite chink it was taking out of Sevris's golden blade. Next time I shouldn't fashion my weapon out of gold.

But it was to late. He had to defeat Ty Guss before he completely dismantled him. The Lazarin cleared his mind and focused solely on killing the Marshall. He saw him like any other enemy, like the Syliran Knights outside fighting. It was time for him to show Ty Guss why he was called the Shade on the battlefield.

Sevris jumped back as Ty swung his blade and it skimmed against his chest armor. "Is that the best you can do!" Sevris yelled hoping to get the attention of Mantira.

"I'm just getting started Paladin," Ty replied with the Chaon playing blissfully from his lips. "I can see your fears. You like Lazerin fear failure and death to the Almighty Rhysol. That's why you think won't fail now. But you will fail. No one will remember the name Lazarin once we are done with the lot of you."

"You have to kill me first."

"My pleasure!" The Marshall darted forward and covered the distance quickly between him and the Paladin.

Sevris already prepared twirled his blade in front of him to create some distance, halting the Marshall in his place. He continued and begun his complex attack against him and they met blades again.

Sevris assumed the Marshall was the better fighter but through their exchanges it seemed Sevris was slightly in control of this fight. The Paladin swung low, the Marshall deflected, but when he swung high he was slower to meet him. A weakness.

However Marshall with his white eye could see right through Sevris. His biggest fear was not being able to fight for Rhysol and to be deemed worthless. The battlefield was all he knew and his family was all he had. Ravok was his home and he would seek to return to it, but not in a coffin. Mind games.
Last edited by Sevris on November 5th, 2015, 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sevris on October 21st, 2015, 11:26 pm

There was still little to no light and Sevris was beginning to tire. He had never really fought an opponent for this long with such fierceness. He could here gasps from Marshall as well. He too was wearing out from these exchanges. But things would take a turn for the worse for both.

Ty Guss brought his blade up and put his whole body into this attack. The blade struck down which Sevris was able to anticipate and block. However the Longsword was indeed Magrecrafted as the blade finally broke Sevris's golden blade.

It cut through straight into Sevris's right shoulder but didn't have enough strength to seperate his arm from his shoulder with his armor blocking it. But Ty Guss still drew blood. The Paladin cried out in pain as the pain seared through him. He immediately retaliated by stabbing the other end of the blade towards the Marshalls stomach. He barely dodged it but Sevris was able to rip into the side of his armor. The serrated blade cut through through his ribcage and he to let out a fierce cry.

He stumbled backwards clutching his wound and fell backwards. Sevris fell to one knee breathing heavily. Both attacks seemed to exhaust them, and for a few seconds they looked at each other with hate steadily building between them. "Not as easy as you thought killing me! A Lazarin! We are feared throughout Ravok and the Syliras region. Killing you will only make me more fearsome. The Golden Shade takes another fools life." Sevris said through clenched teeth.

"You really think so much of yourself and your family. That's always annoyed me about you Lazarins. Deadly but so far up your own ass you could live there." Ty Guss spat back with blood dripping from his mouth.

"Your betrayal knows no bound. I will bathe in your blood for it. I would never betray my kingdom like the lot of you have. We need a Purge. I will lead it."

"You won't live to do so boy!"

Ty Guss got back up and charged forward just as Sevris got back on his feet and flashed his good blade upwards. Ty Guss parried the blade away and struck his gauntlet fist into Sevris's face. Though a helmet on it still was enough force to crush his face and blood began to pour from his mouth and nose. But there was no time tend to it.

The Marshall never stopped the barrage, another punch, another punch. A kick to the stomach. He pulled his Longsword back and drove through the already injured shoulder, this time completely through. "Not talking so much now are you. I will enjoy this." He finished by kicking Sevris so hard in the face he left his feet and fell backwards hard on the ground.

Dazed and wrecked with pain. Sevris had to get it together or he would surely die. But he was losing blood. His vision already bad was failing him. He had to try to finish this. Or die.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sevris on November 9th, 2015, 5:47 pm

Ty Guss circled his prey by pacing back and forth. The Paladin lay on his back almost beaten. The golden armor felt heavier now that his strength was beginning to leave him. He had a few minutes of a good fight left in him before he succumbed to his wounds and the Longsword of the Marshall. Ty waited for him to get back up so he could strike the final blow. Sevris felt his whole body being wrecked and he was tired and pained, but he still manage to stick his blade in the ground and use it to push himself back on his feet.

Ty Guss took a stance with his blade held high. "Ready to die Lazarin?"

"That's the difference between me and you Ty. I'm always willing to die."

With that the two ignoring their wounds pounding against them, dashed forward at one another. The Marshalls intent was to swing and mighty blow downwards on Sevris, even if he blocked it, it would still have a pretty good chance of breaking his other half of his blade.

Instead took a dive and rolled past whizzing blade, and sliced his blade past the Marshalls knee as he stopped the roll. Ty Guss cried out and fell to one knee. Sevris stood up with bloodlust in his eyes and continued on ready to deal him a fatal blow.

At that moment Mantira came running by finally to see what all the commotion was about. "Ser Sevris!" After seeing the scene before him it looked grim.

"Marshall Ty challenged me to a duel. He lost. Isn't that right Ty Guss." Sevris said tapping his blade on Ty's neck. "Drop the sword."

"Mantira bring him out to the men." Sevris ordered walking away. He needed medical attention fast

-------------

They made it out of the cave with the help of Mantira guiding Ty Guss who could barely make it. The shielded wall expired after they passed it with their prize. It was only meant to protect and now that the item is gone its power is lost. The trio was met with the brunt of their forces still alive. Shaken but alive. After taking his armor off and getting his wounds treated he demanded a report.

"What happen?" Sevris asked Sanguine.

"The large Glassbeak chased the Knights back where they came from, so we pulled back and waited for you. But they should have killed it by now and most likely will be heading back here," Commander Sanguine answered.

"Good we should leave. It be bode ill for us to dance with the Knights. No telling if they are apart of a higher force. But one last thing before we go." He pointed to the arrested Marshall Ty.

"Marshall Ty Guss tried to kill me in the caves, this I accept is a duel. After failing we will follow proper tradition. I, Sevris Lazarin, challenge Ty Guss to a duel for Marshall. You are unfit to wear the title."

There was a resounding amount of torture awaiting Ty Guss if he just accepted defeat and was arrested and taken back to Ravok. Failure isn't an option. Especially a covert one such as this, the rest of the group didn't know why Ty tried to kill Sevris. Ty would be better off accepting death.

"I accept." He was not given treatment for his wounds on Sevris's orders. Sevris wanted to be fair but he remembered getting a sword pulled on him with his back turned. He held grudges.

"Give him his weapon back." A soldier tossed his weapon back to the Marshall while Sanguine and Mantira pleaded with the Paladin.

"Now is not the time for this Ser. We have to leave." Mantira pleaded.

"Is there no other way?" Sanguine asked.

"No. There is no other way. Everyone make room."

Even with the impending Syliran Knights not far from them. He had to deal with Ty once and for all. He would not give him another chance to kill him when he came so close to. Though his wounds treated he was still in a great deal of pain. However he at least had his energy back. Enough to finish this.

A circled formed around the combatants. Each already knew how this would play out but it was theatrics with Sevris. He had to make a point. "Let us begin." Sevris had no armored chest plate on, he only had his officer uniform on. It wouldn't matter for Ty.

On his bad leg Ty still tried to get in stance to prepare. But Sevris waited no more and slithered forward swung his blade once, Ty blocked it but the Paladin followed with a more sever back swing that the Marshall tried to block but it was to strong of a hit and he knocked the blade aside.

Ty Guss seemed to expect this to happen as he closed his eyes in failure. Sevris took no time and slashed his blade next at the mans neck. The head hit the ground first before the body did as Sevris killed the Marshall who had tried to kill him.

"I am your Marshall now!" Sevris roared and his men saluted. "Now back to Ravok."

The men nodded, but his Commanders were nervous. "I don't think this will go by well. His superiors won't accept you as Marshall." Sanguine said to Sevris.

"Rather they let me attain the position or not is not to much of a problem. I just need the main person to know I will not be trifled with. Its all about the message." Sevris replied getting back on his Bloodbane.

The set a path back too the entrance of the Sanea Labyrinth. Sevris to take the red book out but as he did he almost forgot about the small box. Though small it did have power to it which could be seen from his helmet. What was it?

Then he opened it....

THE END
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Gossamer on July 27th, 2016, 3:33 am

Moderator Intervention

The Issue(s): This thread said the word POWER a shitton of times. Then I find out you are utilizing high powered NPCs and a book that seems to sprarkle with power made by of course a powerful magecrafter. Then you seem to imply you have acquired the POWERCUBE which is in the hands of a PC who will NEVER LET YOU HAVE IT. You have had no IC knoweldge of this Powercube nor could you have acquired lores of it. This is power gaming to the ultimate level.

I've also seen you call yourself a GOLDEN PALADIN in another thread. Any Ebonstryfe member would know better. Paladins are hugely powerful high ranking Ebonstryfe that earn their spots through advance crucible threads that are ALWAYS moderated.

You have no right to this title. It's highly offensive to the players that have earned it. I'm nulling this thread and leaving this here.

I'm also noting your SS thread about your METAGAMING tendencies with examples so that we can be sure you are carefully moderated in the future and that your other threads can be checked to make sure you dont' have items that don't belong to you acquired through bullshit solos like this one.

PM me when you have the above issues corrected and this intervention will be removed.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)