Closed Fishing for Friendship

Lilun // Alea goes fishing...and catches a friend! :D

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Fishing for Friendship

Postby Alea Davenport on September 20th, 2015, 5:06 pm

Fall 28, 515

Quiet. That was what Alea needed. Some peace and quiet, a place away from all the noise and confusion of the past few days. And when she shoved everything she didn't want to think about down into the depths of her mind, the obvious solution floated to the surface. What did she always do when she wanted to get away?

And so, she snuck away from the more populated areas and picked her way along the rocky shores of the Sea, just as she had done in her childhood, countless times. She had been exploring for maybe a bell before she found a place that looked okay. It was a tiny inlet, where the wild ocean water flowed a bit more calmly, and the tide left behind little pools full of life. It was not the sort of place that would become Alea's favorite hideaway, but she knew it would take longer than a day to find such a place. This would do for now.

She became stuck for a moment, since she did not have fishing tackle with her, and she was not terribly used to catching fish without it. However, with the low tide, the fish were trapped in their little pools, and while it might not be a true fisherperson's challenge to capture them, it might still prove relaxing to play here for a while.

And so, she waded gently into one of the pools, bending at the waist and holding her cupped hands in a trap that just waited for an unsuspecting fish to swim through.
Last edited by Alea Davenport on September 21st, 2015, 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Fishing for Friendship

Postby Lilun on September 21st, 2015, 2:58 am

Lilun was relaxed and happy, the weather warm and the wind and air shoving its fingers through her fur was gentle. She was unworried about what she would do as her wings took her further and further throughout her new home. Everyone seemed just as happy as her as they went about their day, now and then one of their eyes would look up to see her and she even got a smile from what she thought might be a child but it was so hard to tell. Then as she kept going the crowds died away and the quiet stole the day away.

She had the mind to turn back; the quiet and lack of people to watch was boring, then Lilun saw a woman wadding into shallow waters. Flicking her tail she spun in the air and delighted in the fact the world spun upside down and it seemed to her the woman walked upside down in the sky as it reflected in the pool of water. Lilun purred in delight, wobbly as she was she flew upside down; never had she thought she could do this. Still her eyes were for the woman until she caught more movement and watched in delight as fish darted here and there.

Fishing, was the woman fishing? She was bent down and Lilun was forced to flip once more so the world turned and she could properly see everything right-side up once more. Keeping still her wings beating slowly and lazily as the warm wind did a good job of keeping her in the air safely, but staying in one place would never be Liluns best flying and nor was it fun. She kept seeing the fish, their bright silver bodies flicking and shining in the sun. She wasn’t sure what the woman would be doing since she had no fishing rod, maybe claws?

Curiosity killed the cat but Lilun was a Yowling and anyway what did she care for the cat? Tucking her wings she dived, the wind whipped past her ears and around her like dull claws wishing to grab into skin; but Lilun wanted nothing to do with it and her will was stronger thus she fell. She was aiming for one of the pools beside the woman not wishing to scare her fish away but wishing to frighten her just a tiny bit by a sudden swooping thing. Lilun dropped like an arrow and as she neared the water opened her wings; paws moving into the pool and with some shock she did manage to grab a fish! By no means was it really big but all the same it thrashed in her claws as she rose into the air smug and pleased.

She did not move far but landed, her tail held high like a white flag. The small silver fish thrashed vainly and looking down on it Lilun did the only decent thing, she bit the creature and pulled; after that it didn’t move any longer and she was treated to food. Realizing she was hungry came as a surprise and all too soon the fish was gone little bones and all. The whole time she had watched the woman wondering again why she caught fish as she did with no rod or net; even looking at her Lilun did not think she had the claws to catch them either. That still left the question, what then was she doing to try? Lilun wasn’t very far from her, simply a few paces; just enough she thought, to show she wasn’t worried about the woman but could easily fly and move away.
I will be but a small part in my Bonded's life; but they will be my world.
Lilun
Player

Words: 46432
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2015, 2:51 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Fishing for Friendship

Postby Alea Davenport on September 24th, 2015, 1:15 am

Alea jumped when something flew over her head, and strangled "meep" that wanted to be a shriek when it grew up escaping from her throat. She brought her fists up with a splash, ready to fend off whatever adversary threatened. Her heart hammered in her throat by the time she found her "attacker", a weird-looking winged-rodent thing...

Not for the first time, Alea wondered if she was dreaming. This was the sort of creature she would expect to encounter in a dream. But she'd been trying to use that excuse a lot lately, and she was starting to doubt it. She remembered how she felt when she first left home, all the things she'd seen that she had never imagined were real. She'd been terrified the first time she'd met a Kelvic! Alea supposed she shouldn't be surprised that there were more new things in other parts of the world than Taldera could have shown her.

She calmed down as she realized the flying menace--a cat?--showed no interest in eating Alea's face and was instead eating the face of a fish it had caught. "Showoff," Alea grumbled in its direction. Still, the cat was kind of cute...even if it was a freak with wings...and she couldn't help smiling a little.

Alea settled back into her crouch, with her hands cupped in the water. It would take some time for the fish to get used to her presence again with all that splashing, and in the meantime, her legs felt the strain. A creeping soreness made its way into her muscles, along with cold. There was a slight breeze coming off the sea, and this little cove wasn't blocked by the cliffs very well. Alea willed herself not to shiver and disturb the fish, so instead her skin just seized up.

She wasn't sure how long it took. She kept her eyes on the fish, occasionally flicking them up toward the flying cat thing. Finally, the fish returned and began swimming and darting around her legs and hands. She saw one poking its nose at the cavern formed by her hands. Come on, come on, she thought urgently. She couldn't stand here much longer. She really hadn't thought this through, and if this didn't work soon, she was going to give up and go home feeling depressed. She held her breath while the fish made up its mind, not blinking as she waited.

Finally, it darted! In one motion, she clamped her hands together flung them into the air. She had only caught the tails fish, and the slippery scales easily slipped out of her grasp, but by then the momentum carried it past the edge of the pool, and it landed on the rocks. Alea wasted no time in getting out of the water. The shivering set in immediately and violently, now that she was no longer trying to control it. She started bouncing around, trying to get the blood flowing back through her body.

After a chime, her shivering was no longer threatening to knock her over, though it hadn't really abated. She noticed the cat hadn't fled at the sight of her antics, so she picked up the fish, which had just about stopped flopping, and tossed it under-hand over to the cat-bird. "Here, you c-can have it," she said, through chattering teeth. She wished she weren't at the bottom of a cliff. Some sunshine would have been just the thing right about now. "I d-don't sup-p-pose you know where the h-hot springs are, huh k-kitty?"
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Fishing for Friendship

Postby Lilun on September 24th, 2015, 6:52 am

She was, somewhat concerned when the woman seemed to nearly keel over at the sight of her. Looking over herself she saw something small white and fluffy. Was that actually scary, had she missed that bit of human reasoning? If she had known the other female was thinking her as a rodent, Lilun would have been hard pressed not to tear into her little or not. Instead she knew nothing so only stared as she finished off her fish. Her ears swiveled forward as the woman seemed to gather herself up and uttered showoff. Sticking up her nose she licked her paw unconcerned.

‘It’s hardly showing off when one has skills lady,’ but of course the woman would only have heard a twittering like chatter. The woman returned to the water and Lilun settled herself to watching, and was feeling a mix of things as she watched the poor human struggling with the cold. Herself, it was fine. Oils in her fur kept the water out and made her fur keep better warmth. The poor human had no such thing and Lilun sat watching her only to be surprised when she actually did catch a fish! No claw nets or hooks; her hands of all things!

The fish flew up and to the rocks but the woman was now shivering, and Lilun felt bad. Perhaps she should have just caught the fish but given it to her. Unaware of why the other was jumping around, she flexed her wings only to jump as suddenly the fish was tossed her way. Eyeing the dead animal, she looked back to the woman feeling even worse. Yet why had she gone fishing in such a way to begin with? At the question her eyes went from the fish back to the woman and she had to think, what the heck was a hot spring? Hot meant warm but spring was when she was born, could the woman control the seasons? Staring at her Lilun decided she couldn’t and must have meant something else.

She had to think long and hard but she just couldn’t think for that long and in the end she decided the woman was cold and warm things were needed. The only place she had flow over that had signs of warm was a building that was surprisingly big. Eyeing the woman Lilun decided she was doubtful to follow a Yowlwing unless Lilun actually spoke to her. So waving her tail she changed and then stood as human fish in hand. “I don’t know what the hot Spring is, I hope you don’t make it a habit to ask random animals directions though.” She smiled up at the woman and held the fish back up. “Thanks, but time to get out of the cold yes?” She made to grab at her sleeve and tug wanting her to move. “I know warm places, have to get my bag. People don’t like skin.” She frowned unhappily, every word spoke in soft common.

“Come on then silly human let’s go!” She had actually wanted to go in the building but was fearful of interacting too much with people. So far she had been lucky and none seemed to mind her being Kelvic, but she wasn’t sure how long that was going to last. The place she had flown over was the bathhouse, both private and public it was a cheap and quick place to warm up as Lilun knew from flying over; steam very regularly came from the building in the early and colder mornings. It was also a building that simply seemed to be a giant shiny thing.
Lilun
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Fishing for Friendship

Postby Alea Davenport on September 28th, 2015, 12:00 am

Alea's eyes widened in surprise at the kelvic's shift, but only for a moment. With a grin and a shake of her head, she said, "Well, you never know when a clever animal will turn out to be a kelvic." She almost averted her eyes at the kelvic girl's nakedness, but right then, she decided, she was done being embarrassed by kelvic bodies. Kelvics did not do the clothing thing. That was just a fact of life. And Alea was too cold, and had seen it too many times, to be really concerned about it anymore.

She willingly let the girl pull her along. Despite the cold, she was still in a good mood from her success at fishing, and kelvics were the only people she truly felt safe around. She followed the kelvic girl away from the cove and down the beach. They went into the sunlight, and Alea felt a little better. The sun warmed her skin, and set to work drying off her clothes. She still shivered a little, but not constantly. Of course, she wasn't exactly cozy, and was still curious about the warm place that...what's-her-name had suggested.

"By the way, what's y-your name," Alea asked, with barely a shudder in her voice. Belately, she realized that maybe it was rude to ask someone's name without offering her own first, so she added, "I'm Alea."
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Fishing for Friendship

Postby Lilun on September 28th, 2015, 6:44 pm

ooc :
Sorry this took me so long! Mondays I swim for six hours in the morning and after I am dead to the world!

Lilun gave a slow nod but still her gaze remained skeptical. “I guess, but you also never know when one might just be an animal. Then you’re crazy for talking!” She kept walking in a lazy jog as each step was small and carefully placed. She soon found her skin chilled and was nearly ready to growl until suddenly the other woman asked after her name. “Lilun, I think people say it’s nice to meet you after?” She kept her pace unbothered by things underfoot until she tugged Alea toward town and as they reached the first larger cluster of buildings without running into people; she let go of Alea’s sleeve.

“Bag is up, have to get it.” She didn’t want to shift and looked toward one of the trees carefully grown besides the building. They were pretty and right now just what she needed. Moving to the base she jumped and started climbing. It went well for a little bit until her back feet lost her grip and she slipped down an inch or two but soon was climbing up again. It was luck of the draw she supposed, that even as human the nails of her hands and feet were strong and sharp; they dug into bark and wood just as easy as her other form save that unlike her other form; she weighed a lot more; yet she hadn’t broken them yet.

Scrambling up Lilun found her pack as she left it and simply pulled on her shirt. It was long going close to her knees but putting no underclothes or her skirt she just jumped back down. Smiling she held her bag out like a prize. “Got the bag, time to find the warm place yes!” Pleased as could be she made to grab Alea’s sleeve and start dragging her again. “We can find it and get really nice and warm. I have never been in but the roof is always really warm. I sleep there a lot with other Yolwing.” She was frowning softly. “Why did you fish like that, you are human and have no claws. It is cold now, being in water without fur, this is stupid.” She looked at Alea from the corner of her eyes.

Slowly they started entering populated areas. Lilun knew where they were and they would be at her steam place in no time.
Lilun
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Fishing for Friendship

Postby Alea Davenport on October 1st, 2015, 1:31 am

OOCDon't worry about it. Waiting a week is nothing on mizahar, much less a whole day ^^;

Alea couldn't help but smile at Lilun's introduction. "It's nice to meet you, Lilun," she said dutifully. Normally, Alea wasn't one for formality, but the kelvic was just so darn cute! She was a little unnecessarily worried when the girl decided to climb the tree, and Alea unconsciously moved underneath, prepared to catch her if she fell, even though Alea herself would have been furiously annoyed if anyone had doubted her own abilities so obviously. Confused by her own thoughts, she tried to look nonchalant, like she was just standing under the tree because she felt like it, and not because of Lilun.

Lilun's enthusiasm for the "warm place" was contagious, and Alea's curiosity began to build for exactly what sort of place it was. It sounded like Lilun didn't know either. Then Lilun asked about her fishing methods and Alea burst out laughing.

"That is not the first time I've been accused of being stupid," she said with a wry gleam in her eyes. "Maybe I didn't exactly think it all the way through," she grumbled, "but it didn't seem that cold at first, and I don't have a fishing rod right now, so I had to use my hands. I've done it before a couple times." She shrugged like it was no big deal, but she secretly felt extremely proud of herself. Fish were exceptionally wily, as she well knew, and being able to catch one with her bare hands required even more patience than fishing normally did. Not that she'd want to do it that way all the time. The sad fact was, fishing with her hands took a lot more concentration than she liked to spend while she was trying to relax.

Walking had warmed Alea up to the point where she wasn't shivering any more, but the breeze was still uncomfortable. She was looking forward to whatever Lilun had to show her. Suddenly, she saw a building with steam gently wafting out the windows, and on the roof, several swooping creatures that looked like cats with wings--or like Lilun's kelvic form--were flitting around the roof. Perhaps there were more just lazying about sunning themselves, but Alea couldn't see them from this angle. Oh, so that's a yowlwing, she observed, before moving toward the entrance with her new friend.
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Fishing for Friendship

Postby Lilun on October 2nd, 2015, 4:09 pm

OOC :
Moonstone Bath I dunno if you knew the location. I figured they could take a public bath, Lilun can of course pay for Alea to if you like. XD She really wants the water. For the waiting, I really try not to let people wait. They tookt he time to write to me!

Lilun had flashed her a bright toothy smile, and indeed she hardly noticed the stress she put on Alea and had she; well who knows because she didn’t and one should never think of what if’s or they would die long before they did anything! How boring. So when the human female was in a good mood even as they walked again, Lilun smiled happy to hear Aleas laugh even if she wasn’t sure what her question about fishing caused such a reaction. Maybe the human was mad, that would be interesting. Of course the calm explanation had Lilun somewhat sulking for not having a new mad friend.

“Stupid isn’t mad though, it would be better for you to mad. I don’t think you would have fun being boxed on the head and a book shoved at you.” Stupid was cured by books, least it’s what she gathered from being called it so often. “That’s okay; if we all thought of everything we did I think some people wouldn’t breathe.” She blinked and calmly rubbed her nose. “Maybe that wouldn’t be so bad. Some people are mean.” Still the young Kelvic was surprised, who would have thought a human thinking or not; could catch a fish without anything to do it with! Hands were useful only because of the thumb, but to catch fish?

Lilun looked at an older man who was smiling at her and flashed him her teeth happily. If you smiled people were happy, even if showing teeth was odd. Finally as she had gone quiet cold without her fur, they reached the shiny building. The Yowling above chattered on and Lilun gave them a quick wave. “See, the steam place; it’s pretty right?” She had no idea the white gleaming building was made of moonstone, it was shiny and that was all that mattered. Stepping inside Lilun was greeted by warmth; and a very friendly sign that said ‘Moonstone Bath & Massage Center’.

“Oh, water!” Clapping excitedly Lilun looked around inside the building that was meant to be relaxing. Lilun only saw fun and smelled water. Not knowing what to do in such a place she turned to Alea giving her big puppy eyes. “I want water, nice warm water.” She fairly vibrated with the need. It was cold now and while she could swim it was nothing like the warm heat of the swamp; kept that way by natural gases and the like.
Lilun
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Fishing for Friendship

Postby Alea Davenport on October 11th, 2015, 12:28 am

"I do hate having books shoved at me! How did you know?" Alea replied, surprised that someone else understood her suffering. But then they arrived at the sparkling building and the steam coming out of it pushed all more distant thoughts from her mind. As she and Lilun entered, a wave of warm air engulfed Alea like a blanket, and she finally stopped shivering.

A passing attendant overheard Lilun's demand and offered to show the girls to the public bath. "Come on!" Alea said, grabbing Lilin's hand and following the attendant. When the reached the public bath, the attendant showed them a place to set their clothes and belongings while they were in the bath. Alea, having newly decided not to be shy of nakedness, quickly stripped down before scooting on over to the edge of the steaming pool.

She dipped a toe into the water, and found it to be almost scalding in comparison to her sea-chilled flesh, but not uncomfortably so. She slid the rest of herself in after it and was soon nearly submerged it the cozy water. She dipped her head under for a tick, and soon the muscles in her poor wind-blown face relaxed and she could feel her nose again. She kept her head just on the surface, so that her tangled hair floated out behind her. She breathed the steam off the surface of the water and exhaled in contentment.
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Fishing for Friendship

Postby Lilun on October 11th, 2015, 9:18 pm

Lilun smiled up at her. “I think everyone secretly hates that, even if they say they like books.” No one wanted something forced on them, even if the person doing the forcing thought it was for their own good. Seeing her new human friend finally stop shivering as they entered Lilun hummed softly not saying anything. Alea must know by herself how silly it was to be wet outside when it was cold so didn’t need her saying anything of the sort. Lilun decided she was just happy the human was now warming up. Suddenly seeing a new person Liluns eyes snapped to them with a quick little flick her attention was back to Alea.

“Warm water,” she cheered as she accepted the hand and hurried after, listening as the other woman told them what to do. Digging into her bag Lilun fetched one of the gold coins and quickly handed it to the woman. “That okay?” She looked to the coin then flashed them smiles before excusing herself. So, it was okay? With a shrug she shoved her bag into the little shelf and before long she was yanking free of her shirt and doing the same with it. Alea seemed much faster at this then her, the shirt tangling around her arms before she gave a vicious shake to loosen it and only then managed to pull herself free.

“Is the water nice,” she called looking over her shoulder so see Alea sunk down. Finally finished Lilun padded to the edge of the water before she hopped in laughing as hot water poured around her. She adored water and this was the first time she realized warm was a whole lot better. With one lingering shiver she sighed and relaxed, arms going over the edge so she could rest her head and not worry about sinking should she simply fall asleep. For a small while she was quiet happy to just stay still, but then she wondered what a great feeling it would be to have the water on her wings.

Looking around she didn’t see anyone yet in the baths, perhaps the time. “Do you think anyone would be upset if I change?” She looked at Alea, amused to see human skin flushing pink from the warmth even as her own did the same. Looking down her pale skin was doing a passing job at becoming red. With a poke Lilun realized it actually sort of hurt in a few places but that was mostly her toes and fingers. Had she been so cold, she wondered? “I wouldn’t do anything, just I keep hearing a lot about Kelvic here.” Alea might know actually. “Is it true I’m a pet?” She looked toward the dark haired woman and waited.

Purchase Cost Total
Public bath for 2 -1 GM 599 GM
Lilun
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes