Starting gnosis & negative marks

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Micah Frostfawn on October 27th, 2015, 9:04 am

Hello Mizahar.

I was hoping someone would be able to answer the below questions:

1) Firstly, is it possible for a PC to have a negatively marked starting gnosis?

2) If so, would acquiring said negative mark simply require the opposite of pleasing the God/ess in question? So Ewyaat, for example, might negatively mark someone if they go around throwing sticks at birds and making fun of their feathers?

3) Again, if so, is it unlikely that a God might negatively mark a PC if they are a child, or adolescent? It seems a little mean even by holy standards if they do (though I doubt Gods such as Rhysol would even care).

Thank you! :)
Micah Frostfawn
Player

Words: 28529
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2015, 6:16 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tribal on October 27th, 2015, 9:18 am

1, yes you can. 2, I believe so. 3, I doubt they would negatively mark a child but then, perhaps you can come up with something very creative that might lead a god to do so? In which case, could be fun and something different for a change :)

Good luck.
Tribal
Lost in the Tall Grass

Words: 242363
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2015, 11:43 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes