Questions about Nuit

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Questions about Nuit

Postby Anthere on October 27th, 2015, 10:02 pm

1) The lore page stated that Nuit tend to lack athletic skills. Is there any way to prevent this? I understand some sort of diet would be out of the question, but would working out, or making some effort to develop muscle, work? I realize it wouldn't stop the Nuit from losing muscle altogether, but could it possibly slow it down?

2) if a Nuit were to adopt the body of a Kelvic, for example, would it be able to shift from human to animal? Basically, would it retain the capabilities the previous inhabitant had, in life?
Anthere
Player

Words: 22788
Joined roleplay: October 18th, 2015, 11:57 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Questions about Nuit

Postby Rayage on October 27th, 2015, 10:50 pm

Hey there,

Welcome to Miahar. Ill try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge.

1) No. Nuit cannot develop muscles, there is no way around this. Nuit are inhabiting dead corpses, and they rot and are dead and therefor cannot grow. Your best bet to be 'athletic' would to be very picky about the bodies you inhabit and choosing a person with an athletic lifestyle (which means >.> prolly going to have to hunt for yourself xD because those people dont typically drop dead). Nuit are always decaying. Always. That is why they have to switch bodies in the first place.

There are ways to slow down the rate of decay, such as actually practicing embalming and getting the skill up, daily baths, you might even be able to make/find a magical item to help with that (take some RP time), but it would be very hard to stop completely since it is a natural process.

To help with the 'sluggishness' or slight delay in the nuits action-movement you could look into Flux.

2) I would say no to this, but I am not 100% sure. Nuit are able to take extra senses of the body they possess, and since a kelvics transformation is more magic based and not directly, like, tied into the body like an extra sense is (such as the Chaktawe) I dont think it would work. I could be wrong on this though, but my gut is saying 'no.'

Hope this helps!
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Questions about Nuit

Postby Anthere on October 28th, 2015, 3:33 am

I had assumed both of these, but wanted to confirm it. Thank you.
Anthere
Player

Words: 22788
Joined roleplay: October 18th, 2015, 11:57 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes