Wings in the Dark (Zith Pride!)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is dedicated to housing a thread for each race wherein each race gets to keep in touch with each other, check-in, chit-chat, plot the further advancement of their race, tell jokes, post pictures, keep in contact, etc. Look for your race's thread and feel free to join in the discussion - whatever that may be on any given day!

Postby Lotwrenc on November 22nd, 2013, 2:42 am

someone PM me so we can do some evil stuff, very cunning zith here quick to a witty retort.
Lotwrenc
Player

Words: 4961
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2012, 4:53 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet

Postby Rend on February 24th, 2014, 2:12 am

Hiya,

I'm a new Zith in Sunberth.
Don't suppose there is a key admin to the whole Zith thang? just want to know if there is someone specific to whom I should submit plots or questions to.
Memories in 0040FF
Thoughts in 8000BF
Speech in FF0040
Rend
Player

Words: 17420
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2014, 7:51 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Zuriel on February 27th, 2014, 9:20 am

Heya Rend, the zith were created by Founder Gillar in a fit of genius. So any difficult questions of zith nature should probably be pointed at him. But here is a good place to start asking questions, and a place where us zith can enjoy discussing them :)
- Z
"Common Speech"
"Zith Speech"
"Thoughts"
Zuriel
Player

Words: 31566
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2013, 2:35 pm
Character sheet

Postby Rend on March 6th, 2014, 1:23 am

So I've a bit of a question, Carrying capacity? How much can the average Zith carry while flying?

I'm guessing it'd be a percentage of your weight (assuming the Zith in question is in decent shape). I mean it'd have to be a decent amount as they're hunters who'd need to bring there kill back as they couldn't eat it all on site as well as bringing back enough for there masses of young who are too small to hunt for themselves while probably being reluctant to haul it on foot (being airborne predators and commonly living in places that are hard to reach)
Memories in 0040FF
Thoughts in 8000BF
Speech in FF0040
Rend
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Zuriel on March 6th, 2014, 6:03 am

Heya Rend, this is something that troubled me when I began playing. Although it's not solidly stated somewhere, the zith lore does contain sections that suggest zith swooping in and carrying off entire live humans.

The only thing that really bothered me about it was that it mentions this as part of a group attack so its kinda vague as to whether "one" zith achieved this, or if it was a group effort. So I decided to draw a comparison with bats (we have bat-type wing structure so I figure the average carrying capacity of a bat would shed some light) and a short bit of research shows that bats can happily carry more than their own entire bodyweight(!) extra cargo while in flight. So I figured it made sense, yes we can fly off with prospective slaves and large prey and we don't even have to struggle 'till their well over our own weight.

Hope this helps ^_^
- Z
"Common Speech"
"Zith Speech"
"Thoughts"
Zuriel
Player

Words: 31566
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2013, 2:35 pm
Character sheet

Postby Rend on March 6th, 2014, 11:21 am

ok, thank you very much for the swift response, good to know I can disappear into the night with whole humans :P
Memories in 0040FF
Thoughts in 8000BF
Speech in FF0040
Rend
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Threnody on November 19th, 2015, 6:38 am

Hello fellow Zithinese speakers :D
So we can carry off entire humans? That's pretty cool. Not to mention our eyes are totally the best, and we have soft silky fur to rival a kitten kelvic!
Anywho, if any of you are ever in Kalinor the Opsum House is built just for Zith :P

See you around I hope.
Threnody
Player

Words: 9843
Joined roleplay: November 9th, 2015, 7:09 pm
Character sheet

Previous