Closed Welcome, Vantha!

[Rakoshnor Skyglow] comes to Miz, Welcomed by Shadyn

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Welcome, Vantha!

Postby Shadyn on November 23rd, 2015, 3:24 am

2nd of Fall, 515 AV

Shadyn was returning from a relatively routing flight for the day when he noticed some movement along the trail leading up to Wind Reach. While many Dek and some of the other castes made regular trips down to Thunder Bay…this was not any Inarta. It was clearly a long distance traveler.

“Xarrt, can you tell me who or what that is down there moving up the trail? The unusual looking one…”

Xarrt studied this for a moment, then replied, It appears to be a young Vantha man…judging from the supplies he is toting, he appears to be moving here, at least for a time…not trading.

“Ooooo…a new arrival! That’s not a common occurrence…Xarrt, take me down the usual way. I want to welcome him to Wind Reach. Might provide a bit of interest to an otherwise ordinary day.”

The “usual way” consisted of performing a vertical dive much like a hunting or war maneuver, then breaking at the last minute to land firmly but gently. Shadyn had used it many a time on unwary hunters on the Peninsula, and with universally pleasing results. This was executed just the same as always, landing him with a slight thud directly in front of the Vantha. Shadyn vaulted over Xarrt’s shoulder. Vantha were not usually warlike…but such an astounding arrival would more than subdue most people, and if not he had his tomahawk at the ready. He decided to address the man in Common…some Vantha had learned Nari due to trade relations, but not many.

“Greetings, traveler, and welcome to Wind Reach! Forgive my startling approach…it is a habit of mine. My name is Shadyn (Xarrt)…I am an Endal here. So…planning on moving here, mister Vantha? It is a wonderful place with that…especially if you choose to make the acquaintance of such a person as myself.”

He smiled broadly, then awaited the man’s response.

Narration and Shadyn (normal text) -- Lanira (bold text) -- Thoughts and Xarrt's telepathic speech (italics)

NOTE: No matter what the language of conversation, Shadyn will almost always speak to Lanira in Nari, and she will use Nari with him, unless otherwise stated.
Shadyn
Master of Dictomancy

Words: 124526
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2015, 8:34 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Welcome, Vantha!

Postby Rakoshnor Skyglow on November 23rd, 2015, 5:49 am

2nd of Fall, 515 AV

Rakoshnor had gotten off the ship almost as quickly as he could once it had docked in the bay. He was more than happy to have his legs back on solid ground his hair moving lightly in the breeze as he looked up into the sky taking a deep breath closing his eyes as he did.

"Now the question is what will I do upon getting into the city? I know no one and have idea who to speak to of learning more crafts..."

He had kept walking along the trail keeping towards the city he had longed to see. His only thoughts towards learning the fabled glass working that he had seen bits of and heard plenty of during his time working with his family. As he reopened his eyes still looking skyward he became curious watching a bird in the air above him. As he continued watching his curiosity became more concern as he realized there was someone upon its back. His eyes alight watching the aerial acrobatics as it came closer his desire to watch and understand the rider and how the bird moved with him overpowering his need to run. Upon hearing the Man speak common he moved his jaw a bit and licked his lips as if switching to common was difficult and then he smiled as he looked the man over his right eye proudly showing the mark given to him by Morwen.

"Well met Shadyn the pleasure of being here is mine of course. Your approach while startling at first was actually very curious to me as it is my first time seeing anything of the sort. I did plan on seeking work and education on the fine work your people do with the Glass that we get from your craftsmen. I would have to agree that meeting someone of your acquaintance is a bit of a gift from the Gods themselves and I do hope that I can call you friend if I am lucky."

He kept his smile his eyes a mix of orange and white with his head cocked to the side slightly while looking at the man.

"As it is also my turn to introduce myself I am Rakoshnor Skyglow."
Rakoshnor Skyglow
Player

Words: 3081
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2015, 8:47 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Welcome, Vantha!

Postby Shadyn on November 24th, 2015, 9:26 pm

Shadyn listened, nodded, then smiled again. "Well, Rako -- I hope you don't mind me abbreviating you name...we Inarta have short names ourselves and tend to shorten those of others when they arrive -- I would be more than happy to help you get settled in here, find employment with one of our glassblowers, and generally learn how Wind Reach works. Since I am the first to meet you, I insist that you stay with me."

He glanced at the man's backpack, and then at the long trek up the slope of Mt. Skyinarta. "You'll ride with me too. If you think watching me is interesting...riding with me will be a thrill!"

That said, he stepped forward and took it upon himself to removed Rakoshnor's backpack from him and strap it onto the base of Xarrt's saddle. Ordering Xarrt to turn around so that the Vantha could mount, Shadyn hopped up nimbly onto the saddle's front portion, then turned and extended a hand to the man so that he could climb up behind him.

"Just put your feet in the loops at the base of the saddle, and hold onto the handles on either side of my waist."

Narration and Shadyn (normal text) -- Lanira (bold text) -- Thoughts and Xarrt's telepathic speech (italics)

NOTE: No matter what the language of conversation, Shadyn will almost always speak to Lanira in Nari, and she will use Nari with him, unless otherwise stated.
Shadyn
Master of Dictomancy

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Welcome, Vantha!

Postby Rakoshnor Skyglow on November 24th, 2015, 10:22 pm

He smiled as he listened to the new friend he had made so quickly. As Shadyn spoke Rakos face changed slightly his eyes vaulting through colors as his thoughts changed first with the shortening of his name, then hearing the ability to find work with someone so quickly who made glass works, as well as having a place to stay, with the finisher being his getting to fly.

As his bag was taken from him his face showed the concern his eyes were having trouble with showing through their interest. "I will admit that flying is probably not on my list of things I am truly interested in.... being that high.... it is terrifying to imagine after having been restricted to the ground for so long."

He stood there with his hands held behind his back as he looked at the outstretched hand his mind at war with itself as he considered the choice of getting on the back of the giant bird or considering traveling to the city that much faster. As he came to realize the simplicity of getting to the city by air he decided it wasn't worth the complaints and smiled as he took Shadyn's hand in his and pulled himself onto Xarrt and started looking for the loops mentioned to him before making sure he was secured in his spot his eyes a bold yellow with the concern now showing clearly.
Rakoshnor Skyglow
Player

Character sheet

Welcome, Vantha!

Postby Shadyn on November 24th, 2015, 10:36 pm

Once he made sure that Rako was settled into his position, he hollered back to him. "Hold on tight!"

In the next moment, with a couple of flaps from Xarrt's massive wings, they were aloft. Spreading his wings and finding a rising thermal current, Xarrt began slowly circling, bringing them higher and higher. Soon, they were above the peak of Mt. Skyinarta...thousands of feet up in the air. Breaking out of the thermal, they glided down slowly over the edge of the crater, then canting slowly to the side as Xarrt descending rapidly at an angle towards the inner landing-courtyard of Shadyn's penthouse in the Aeries. On the way down, much of Wind Reach's upper and inner portions were clearly visible. They approached rapidly, Xarrt shifting his weight backwards as he tilted his wings vertical to act as air breaks, landing them gentle in the middle of the polished granite courtyard. Shadyn lept off, snatched Rako's backpack off of the saddle, then extended a hand to help him off.

"How was that for your first air trip? I kept it nice and easy for you, this being your first time and all. Oh, and welcome to my home!"

At the sight of them, one of Shadyn's Deks -- a teenage woman -- hurried out to collect their gear, while another one -- a middle-aged man -- began to free Xarrt from his saddle.

Shadyn
Master of Dictomancy

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Welcome, Vantha!

Postby Rakoshnor Skyglow on November 24th, 2015, 11:10 pm

Hearing him yell the words hold tight as he was just getting used to the idea of being on Xarrt he held for dear life praying to Morwen for his safety and survival as well as any other Gods or Goddesses that might be listening. As they took off he had his eyes glued shut from fear at the idea of even seeing what it looked like to shoot into the air. As they leveled out higher up in the air his breath hard to keep at the altitude change he reopened his eyes and looked at everything his eyes shifting to a red and white as he felt the joy of being so high up and his mind set to work on different ideas that he could consider for the area to add to the already present beauty of the land and city. As their descent quickened he started to slowly readjust his breathing even if it was only slightly different still being as high as they were. His eyes took in everything of their surroundings from the people coming up to help them to the rough hewn stone made perfect for living in by those who had come before. He took Shadyn's hand and slowly slid down off of Xarrt and shook his head as he took a deep long breath before speaking.

"Truth be told it was horrifying at first but after we got up in the air and I could see the world below me and marvel at the beauty and allowance for addition in ways never before seen in even my minds eye I loved it."

His words spilled out as his thoughts ran away with him his eyes taking on a very bright white compared to the rest of his eye. His snowflake pupil adding to the striking difference of the color spread throughout. He smiled big as he looked first at Shadyn then at Xarrt and shook his head again.

"it is something I might enjoy doing again at another point in the future though not to soon."
Rakoshnor Skyglow
Player

Character sheet

Welcome, Vantha!

Postby Shadyn on December 3rd, 2015, 4:00 am

As he went towards the main house, he beckoned the Rako to follow him. He chuckled lightly to himself at the formality of the man. He threw open the wooden doors, spilling light across his main living area – a relatively circular shape with a sunken section in the middle. Across the room at an angle stood a wall of seamless glass doors looking out over an expansive veranda and then out into the sky. Nearly all of the surfaces were polished marble, and many of them had been inlaid with intricate patterns, or adorned with beautiful glassworks of all sorts. Shadyn certainly enjoyed the place…after all, he had been able to move right in without providing a single piece of furniture or décor. Several more Deks were cleaning the place, and looked up startled, unused to seeing Shadyn at his house during the daytime.

“Rako, the first thing you must learn about Inarta is that we are incredible personal. Someone you have never met before is treated like a close friend, and someone you have known for only a few hours is treated as if you have possessed a deep emotional bond with them for years. At the same time, are personalities are quite complex, so despite such ‘heart-on-our-sleeve’ behavior it is quite rare to actually KNOW someone here. But, rule of thumb, if you want to fit in with an Inarta, toss personal boundaries and reservations out the window, and you’ll be made to feel right at home. Like I am welcoming you into mine.”

Shadyn
Master of Dictomancy

Character sheet
Plotnotes