Some Interesting People (Chyla, Sitkanis)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Sitkanis on October 1st, 2010, 2:02 am

Conversations with people were so tedious at times. It was impossible to carry on discussions with people when in truth a stranger would know more about him than he did himself. "I am not from here. I'm from…" How could he say where he was from if he didn't even know. He wanted to believe it was the land of horses and grass in his dreams. He did not know it's name though. "I'm from some where else. I'm not Denvali" It was far too cold for Sitkanis in Denval at times. Also, he did not look like anyone around. He was tanned and strong. Scarred and worn. He surely was not from Kalea. He assumed he was from somewhere southern but that was of course just a guess. Everything was just a guess these days.

According to Sitkanis' blonde companions the two similar looking girls were in fact not related. They could have fooled him though. The girl who later introduced herself as Chyla answered a question that Sitkanis had not heard. Adalia had been speaking in a foreign tounge which Sitkanis could not understand. It was a little calming to hear one of the girls speaking common tongue. Although all of them could speak Common Sitkanis' voice held an Endrykas accent. He knew he spoke differently but he just did not know why. His deep brown eyes turned to Chyla. "I'm…Sitkanis." He was still not used to calling himself by that name. Although, what could he call himself if he did not know his real name? Sitkanis loathed his curiosity of the large Ivaski. Now he was stuck talking to these two similar looking girls.It was not that he disliked the girls, he just did not like talking to people. "Mura? What is that like?" He felt stupid asking so many questions. He was just very lost. He wondered if the girls knew of the land of grass and horses. He was not sure how to ask but he needed to know. He pined for the name of the land teasing him in his memories and haunting his dreams. The land where Nekara ran and he was there with her. His beloved dog who he felt like he needed to see but could barely remember.
We'll dance in the moonlight
We'll rock till dawn
And if you can't dig it baby
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Words: 136709
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2010, 4:54 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Adalia on October 2nd, 2010, 2:09 am

"Mura is a city on an island, far West of here. It is where our people were born, and live to this day. It's buildings are colored like ivory, and half of the city is underwater, whilst the other half is above ground. It has beaches of white sand... she is beautiful. Nothing can compare. If only you could see her in her entirety," Adalia spoke softly, making long pauses between her sentences like she noramlly did. It was a strange mannerism. What would take a normal person onyl a short few moments to take, she drew out, taking almost a minute-- if not more-- to say it. She was an odd one like that.

As she spoke of the city she had spent thirty years of her life upon, fonds memories rushed back into her head. She had enjoyed every second she had spent on the island... with her sisters and her mother. She missed the three of them dearly. If only she could bring them with her on her travels... Perhaps, then the profession she now possessed would be perfect. Idly, she settled down on a small rock, folding her right leg over her left. Finally, she spoke to Chyla. "You as well. It is good to see another one of us so far from home," she commented, a frighteningly rare frown decorating her face.
Last edited by Adalia on October 2nd, 2010, 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adalia
The Traveling Doctor

Words: 34545
Joined roleplay: September 11th, 2010, 10:13 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Chyla on October 2nd, 2010, 2:35 am

Chyla listened to them closely, catching the distance in the man's features as if he was deep in thought. Though she figured he wasn't due to his recent replies. His familiar eyes were beautful but the memory slipped from her mind as she looked to the woman. Her description of Mura reminded Chyla of the adventures she had had there. They were short but earned her many friends and many new strings of knowledge.

Chyla's mood started to go from blank to somber. She had little memories of Mura and her friends. Her very few friends. She had never been able to make friends so easily in a place like Mura. Chyla was so quiet always. Not many other Konti spoke to her when she sat alone.

Making friends to Chyla was rare but exciting. Someone to share secrets with that had many thoughts the same as her's.

Suddenly, Chyla's attention turned to the woman. She seemed sweet, maybe quiet as well. Talking to her wasn't as hard as some of the people she saw around Denval. She and Sitkanis seemed friendly. Chyla only hoped that her thoughts were right.
Chyla
Player

Words: 2434
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2010, 5:57 pm

Postby Sitkanis on October 2nd, 2010, 6:58 pm

The convorsation was proving to be a great sorce of information for Sitkanis. The girls did not seem to know of the Land of Horses and Grass but they spoke of another place, Mura. It sounded beautiful although a little bit scary due to the fact that he could not swim. This fact was really starting to hinder him. He began to wonder about what Mura looked like. A city that was partially under water sounded quite interesting. He had been content in Denval since his fall but he often wondered what the rest of Mizahar looked like. He had no memories of the world past Denval's borders nor the people who lived in it. Since his fall he had learned about the existance of Humans, Konti, Vantha, and his kind the Ethaefal. None of them looked like his day time form though. None of them shared his tanned skin, deep brown eyes, or tall height. He knew he was an Ethaefal at night but during the day he was at a loss. Who was this tan skinned man? He knew it was who he truely was but he did not know what race that was supposed to be. He felt alone in this city and he wanted to know where there were people like him. They existed past Denval's borders, he just did not know where.

Although Sitkanis was a quiet man he found it odd that the two girls with him were so quiet. He was not used to providing so much to convorsations with others. Chyla, the seemingly younger of the two was much quieter than Adalia. She seemed to look at him like she knew him though. This confused him greatly. There should not have been anyone who knew him especially someone as young as her. "Chyla, what is so interesting? You keep looking at me like you want to say something but you do not talk." He wondered why she looked at him like she did. It almost seemd like a look of recognision but he did not know the girl. Adalia on the other hand seemed much more removed and thoughtful. Although that could have been because she was so quiet. It was a meeting of the silent and someone had to speak up. It pained him that the person who would have to speak up would most likely be him.
We'll dance in the moonlight
We'll rock till dawn
And if you can't dig it baby
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Words: 136709
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2010, 4:54 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Adalia on October 12th, 2010, 11:29 pm

Secret :
I'm sorry this took so long and is so short. I could come up with nothing. Here's my best effort, so we can *at least* keep this moving.

Sitkanis had called the quiet Konti girl out. Silently, Adalia's blue eyes danced over to Chyla, noticing that she was indeed looking like Sitkanis had described. That question, locked within. What could the Konti be thinking about? If only she could read minds. That would be a useful power... A hand drifted to Adalia's face, scratching just beneath the scales that ran across her cheekbones before she tucked hair behind her ear. Riveting conversation, she thought. "May we walk and talk? My legs are getting stiff," Adalia finally piped in, shifting uneasily in her stance, as if trying to stave off the mentioned stiffness. Despite these physical movements, her mood and her emotions remained entirely the same, the ever-present light smile on her face.
Adalia
The Traveling Doctor

Words: 34545
Joined roleplay: September 11th, 2010, 10:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tabarnac on November 21st, 2010, 7:50 pm

XP Award!

Adalia
XP Award: Meditation +1; Animal Husbandry +1

Sitkanis
XP Award: Auristics +1; Seduction +1
Lore: Konti Auras (basic); Mura (basic)

Additional Notes:
I hate it when threads get dropped! More XP next time, and if Chyla returns, you may pick up the thread and earn more XP on it.

Sitkanis, another possible memory tickle might be connecting the Opal Order of Mura with the Opal Clan of the Drykas, who are some of the best healers in Cyphrus. Just a thought!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Keep writing!
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous