The Infernal Tides

Skyard has a thought that changes him as a whole

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

The Infernal Tides

Postby Skyard Underwood on December 27th, 2015, 8:32 am

Date to be added..

The night was young, and the almost silent winds whispered through the open window which gave Skyard sight of the majestic ocean. Waves crashed upon the shores and water swirled about in wild and unpredictable patterns as Skyards breaths grew silent and cold. The winter was rather harsh this season with snowfall that descended from the heavens above. Skyard wanted to hold someone, and he longed to be at the side of his lover, Ayatah; however today he wasn’t with her. He missed her already, and hated the fact that he did; anyone he’d ever grown close to disappeared into thin air. He feared that the very same outcome would occur with her, and yet he wished to pull the thoughts from his mind immediately. Despite the fact that Skyard fought the negativity it continued to come back, and hammered away at his consciousness. He knew that he didn’t want anyone he’d ever me to simply disappear, like his former “master”. Bonds were strong, and like tides they could just as swiftly drift apart or grow much closer with time. He had only been nine years old, and days passed like mere ticks to him; he felt as if he aged a century on a daily basis in his mind.

Skyards mental development was far from that of a typical Kelvic. Skyard knew that regardless of his race, his appearance or any physical oddities he possessed; in his mind he was free. Philosophical thoughts came to mind the moment he concluded his brief thought. Cold, deep breaths exited Skyards esophagus, and he simply stood clothed in no more than simple threads. He wished to know more about the world, and why it worked in the fashion that it did. The longer he gazed upon the Ocean; the more he wished to know about it. Skyard knew that the depths were likely a dangerous place; a world all of their own filled with mysterious creatures. He could only have imagined what was down there; darkness, light, another light emitting entity like Syna? Skyard had not a clue, but what he did have was an imagination. What he lacked in experience he could make up for, with his rather open mind and creative thought processes. He listened to the beautiful sound of everything around him; nature seemed to have quite a lot to offer. Nature could very easily take away everything, just as swiftly as it could be given; nature had to be incredibly powerful.

Thoughts crossed his mind further, and all that he wanted to do was gain knowledge. He wanted to understand everything, and he knew that if he could actually understand “Everything” he’d have advantages. However he knew that many years of study and dedication would be involved in the learning of “everything”. However the question was what is everything? Skyard thought to himself as he begun to talk aloud and voice his opinion of what everything is. Skyard spoke briefly “Everything is the concept of knowing what makes the world work. Everything is to know that you know nothing. However is it possible to know absolutely nothing? “Skyard questioned himself and oddly enough had an argument with himself. He simply wanted to play the roles of both the optimist and the pessimist all the same. His jaw clenched multiple times, and his hands trembled at the thought that he was no more than a simple Kelvic. How would it ever be possible to learn everything and if he were to seek out knowledge of the entire world; how far would he have to travel? Questions flooded his mind as he attempted to solve rather or not his goal would be realistic.

Skyard quickly came to the conclusion that his thoughts were incredibly unrealistic. The first reason was that he lacked the funds to simply up and travel. The second reason he gave himself was that he didn’t know anything about the world other than where he currently resided. Skyard knew what he wanted to know, and what would be required to learn what he wanted to know. Time, effort, and funds would be needed however in order to obtain a large amount of funds business would be the only route. Could he open his own business in the future in order to gain funds to travel? If he’d done so would it be successful and prosperous or would it simply fail as a whole and cause him to lose money rather than to gain any in the long run? Skyard knew that for now he lacked the proper skill to open his own business, but in the future if he were to advance himself in leatherworking; he could be given a loan. “Consideration, Consideration, Consideration.” Skyard spoke to himself as he contemplated rather or not he could truly do anything at all. Eureka, the thought came to his mind, and he immediately knew that he would simply have to pursue his dreams.

For several bells, Skyard paced the living area of his “home”, and thought about what could be done in order to solve his issues. He spoke again “I must simply change the way that I think, and perhaps if I changed the way I think I can change my life. If I were to do something extraordinary, something amazing I could very well be successful. I will pursue my dream and I will become a scholar. Violence is not the key to success here, but it is simply the usage of the mind. “Skyard came to the conclusion rather swiftly as he continued to eye the Ocean. “Neither the depths, of the Ocean nor the flame of a blazing fire shall stop me from pursuing my dreams. Wysar, if you are listening to me my lord; then I want to make a vow. I shall learn as much as possible whilst I am here in Riverfall, and I will become a business owner. Regardless of how long it takes I refuse to fail! My lord guide me and help me on my way to success.”

Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Words: 205954
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2015, 5:20 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

The Infernal Tides

Postby Skyard Underwood on December 27th, 2015, 6:16 pm

Text

Skyard needed a plan, and now he had to simply think of one and stick with it. However to stick to a plan for a rather long period of time would most definitely be a task. A task that Skyard knew would be incredibly difficult to stick with, however he knew that nothing good comes easily. The plan had to be incredibly elaborate, and very good in order to work; first he had to figure out how he would gain a name. Skyard needed a reputation to come from his line of work; leatherworking. In order to that he would need to service multitudes of customers and leave the person satisfied nearly each and every single time. He didn’t need to have a single bad review under his belt, and he thought of the possibility that he could become the talk of the town if he does it right. However, if he were to have done it wrong then he would fail. Skyard knew very well how much of a risk he would take by doing this and he had no problem with it. Life wasn’t worth living if he never took a single risk; because without taking risks once can never expect to see rewarding results.

These tides, the magnificent tides that he watched for several moments now inspired him to do so much. He simply couldn’t stop his obsessive observation. He began to notice patterns, and with each impact of the shore came a brief “Pull”. The water receded almost immediately after it crashed into the shore almost as if the amount of force it struck with caused it to recoil. Skyard knew nothing about physics, but most certainly this was an observable characteristic. If he wanted knowledge of everything; this was the place to start and it was a place that might’ve been overlooked. He wanted to start with Nature, and learning precisely how it worked however there was almost no way to achieve such a feat that didn’t mean he wouldn’t try.

Determination guided him in each and every one of his decisions; although they were flawed and imperfect he had to continue to make them. Skyard dreamed to open a business; to build a reputation all of his own, and to work hard. Skyard thought about the next major decision he would have to make. He would likely have to sacrifice quite a large chunk of time in order to devote himself to the mastery of Leatherworking. However he knew that it most certainly would pay off in the end due to the amount of income he would generate.

In order to become a master of business one must first learn how to manage people. However Skyard wasn’t the most social of creatures, and didn’t think about the fact that people were a key to business. Social interactions and speaking properly with people, being polite and having manners were all important. In order to develop a friendly reputation, and a good one; the social requirement had to be met. First and foremost he needed to learn to interact with people in better ways; rather than to display an incredibly cold personality. He needed to meet people, and gain friends in order to help him promote himself. Skyard stepped back from the opened window which he used to observe the ocean and give him inspiration. He paced the room, and looked toward the ceiling of his home; in order to think further into the future. How would he go and promote his business? Who would help him with creation of it, the name and everything else in between? He would need to create criteria in order to hire people with and learn how to properly manage his miza. Skyard knew that these were only the small steps in the process of creation, but they were important. He decided to take a seat for a moment and attempt to roughly write out a plan for the future rather than to think about it. Skyard wasn’t good at writing, and had actually almost never done so at all. He picked up a small quill with a vial of ink and very haphazardly.

His unsteady hands trembled, and shook violently as he slowly wrote letters upon the paper. He could hardly decipher his own message with the way that it was written. He’d never done it before, and decided that he would teach himself how to do so as of today. If a business owner didn’t have the mental capacity to write he wouldn’t be able to keep track of anything else in the near future. The process would be a long one, and would consume quite a bit of time as he spent several ticks writing simple sentences. He knew nothing about how to compose a proper sentence, and hardly even knew how to spell the words he wrote across the paper. Skyard was a fast learner, who was off to a slow start in his life. He wanted to have financial stability in the near future, and required every skill in the book as far as he was concerned. He needed it all and had a rather short amount of time to learn all of what he needed. He didn’t want to open a business unsuccessfully and decided that he would have to come up with a time-limit for himself. He needed approximately four seasons in order to make himself a master at leatherworking.

Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

The Infernal Tides

Postby Skyard Underwood on December 27th, 2015, 7:30 pm

However he didn’t just want to limit himself to becoming a master at leatherworking. He wanted to master all of the trades possible; so that he could later on come to outcompete all of his opposition. Business was about competition and being better than those around your business in order to succeed. A business required customers, and without them no income would be generated. However if he were to become better than some of the other competitors they would lose customers whereas he would gain them. The plot was good; although it was rather devious he knew that he had to do everything in his power to succeed. Even if that meant to out-compete other businesses and expand his own he had to do it. Regardless of rather or not he knew that doing such a thing was wrong, he thought about the other trades that could be done. He knew he most certainly wouldn’t want to become a blacksmith along with a leatherworker; why not become good with crafting armor from leather? Perhaps that would be a great addition to his current profession. It’d help him with a multitude of things because he would generate higher revenue whilst causing a loss of income for the others.

“Think, Think, Think, Skyard what is the best plan of action for now? “ He asked himself as he continued to work out multiple solutions to the problem. He turned the paper over, and begun to scribble almost indecipherable words upon the paper once again. He had to put his thoughts on paper, and memorize them swiftly; not to mention he had to keep track of the paper. His hands continued to shake, and he noticed that for a brief moment if he relaxed the muscles in his hands that his hands stopped trembling. Perhaps when writing relaxation was key to success, and he hadn’t known that until he observed it after a while. He relaxed and noticed how much more easily the writing came to him, and although he still didn’t know much about sentence composure he tried desperately to do it properly. The writing was clustered, and he wrote out yet another list, but this time the list had been filled with goals rather than plans. Skyard was much more interested in benefitting himself rather than others; although he knew that he had to make friends swiftly. Skyard saw people as much more of a liability than as friends due to his past experiences with people and had a hard time socializing with them. If he were to learn how people work, to learn their psychology and the way that they think; then he could make changes for the better.

Now he knew precisely what his goals were in the future, and with that he simply stood up and lay upon the floor. He outstretched his legs and arms briefly and splayed his entire form across the floor, he wanted to get comfortable. However he knew that he may as well sleep here with a smile upon his face because he’d been rather proud of how much thought processing he completed. Skyards goals, aspirations and dreams all felt as if they were within reach and could be achieved. The night faded away slowly, as his eyes shut tight and the winds that once whispered in his ears died out. The ocean disappeared from his sight as he left the window open for the cool breeze of air to invade his home whilst he rested for the remainder of the night.
Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

The Infernal Tides

Postby Konrad Venger on April 27th, 2016, 6:43 pm

Nice job! Your work has pleased The Sloth!

Skyard

XP:
Observation - 1
Philosophy - 2
Meditation - 1
Planning - 2

Lore:
Philosophy: Everything and Nothing (Opposites or the Same?)
A Vow to Wysar: To Seek, To Strive, and not To Fail
Not Just having a Plan, but seeing its Possible Complications
Planning: Best Written Down

Click Me! :
Wow, a lot to take in, but you handled it quite well, I think. I liked how Skyard was seeing a lot of his potential problems before he got there, and had them all written down to help him think. It also struck me as sort of immature, though, the simplistic way he wrote things down... which ALSO fits his Kelvic personality perfectly!

So, overall, good job. ;-)

Oh, and please make sure you go back and edit your post in the Request Thread to reflect the fact this one is now done and dusted. PM me with any questions and later 'tater!

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard

Words: 1060755
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4