All Too Familiar

Gybe meets up with a mysterious woman.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

All Too Familiar

Postby Gybe on January 7th, 2016, 5:40 pm

Timestamp 16th day of Winter, 515AV

If ever there was a diligent man, it was Gybe. Many monks spent years learning discipline, but only in a few short years, Gybe had mastered it. Every morning he rose before the sun, put on the same pants, grabbed the same net, went the same pathway to the docks, meeting the same monks along the way, got in the same boat, and fished until he came to deposit them with the monks. What was left of his quota was taken to the Herring Square for distribution for those who desired to enjoy the festivities. There he would talk to various people, smoke his cigarettes, and then go home and change into some cleaner, less fishy clothing. Then it was in his best interest to gather some information from his various contacts, be they just normal people he knew who paid attention to things, or some of the various less noticed criminal elements in the city.

He went through the same motions as normal, having heard plenty rumors recently. Some of the rumors were of various happenings that occurred through the night that people experienced, some were of various monster attacks, and some were even tales of certain duels that had happened. Today one such story begged further investigation as it had struck him as odd. A woman, dark-haired with tattered old clothing and a stupefied expression was seen wandering the streets in the northern celestial square. At first it wouldn't have meant anything to him, but there was one detail that struck him as odd. People around the woman noticed that she wasn't there one moment, and then like in a bolt of lightning, there she was, standing there near mindlessly. Evidently she began wandering away. He wasn't sure how accurate that info was, so it was time to check it out.

It wasn't easy sometimes following up on a lead, especially one as vague as this was. However he didn't think it would be too hard finding someone who had seen a woman in torn crappy clothing wandering about all crazy. People were superstitious enough as it was. Sliding from the table he had sat at, he gave a pat to the backs of some of the monks and people who he frequently spent time chatting with as he headed out. "See you fellows later. I'll be back in the evening."

He slipped off and without another word and began moving through the crowds of people to get to the celestial district. Once he got to the northern section of the Celestial Square, he began to see some slightly familiar faces. He spent most of his time in the eastern part of the city, since he lived so close to the docks, but he always made sure to pay respects to each of the Alvina. It was a good source to build rapport with the people of each district. There he saw a number of monks of the Sharp Blade chatting with each other. He nodded to a man among them by the name of Enphis.

"Enphis. Long time." He greeted him with a handshake. The monk, used to strength contests, squeezed a bit harder than Gybe would have liked, but Gybe was a passive guy, somewhat like the rough sailor who couldn't fight worth a darn. Really he was sort of picked on in a way by the monks who knew him, treating him like he was some sort of kid brother to them of a sort, as if to communicate that they could beat the hell out of him at anytime. It was true, they could, and though it was demeaning, but he put up with it.

"So I heard something crazy happened up in these parts earlier with some woman. I was just curious. Did you fellows hear anything about her?"

Other's Words -- My Words -- My Thoughts
Gybe
Player

Words: 60786
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2015, 8:31 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

All Too Familiar

Postby Gybe on January 7th, 2016, 6:10 pm

A hearty laugh came from Enphis as he pointed to one of the other monks. "Yeah, Rem plowed her so loud that the whole block heard." Some of the other monks laughed and Rem sent a playful kick to Enphis's side; a kick that probably would have knocked Gybe over, but hardly phased Enphis. Gybe laughed as well, knowing sarcasm when he heard it.

As if nothing had happened, he slid into re-asking for the information he wanted from them. "I think I could hear that all the way from the east side." The monks laughed a bit less and one of them looked to Gybe.

"Why do you live on in that shykehole of a district? You should move up here to the north."

"Pshh...build a dock where I can strap my boat here in the north and I'll move. Being a fisherman means I kind of have to live near the fish you know?" he said with a slight chuckle. "So, this lady just appeared out of nowhere? Something about her being all weird?"

Enphis nodded to Gybe, finally relenting the information to him. It wasn't so important to him to keep, so he said, "Yeah...she was worse for wear so we have her in the infirmary here. Last I knew she was out of it. Haven't seen her since they brought her there though for some treatment and questioning."

"Thanks Enphis." He let them get back to it and said, "I heard of some Tempered Anvil potentially coming through your district tonight. Not sure what they are up to...but thought you and some of your friends might want to have some fun with them." He chuckled a bit and they thanked him for that little tidbit of information. He actually gathered it the previous day, but there was no need to disclose information before the time you needed to.

Driving his hands into his pockets, Gybe headed to the infirmary, curious as to just what sort of a person was in there. Would he be able to see her? Would he be able to figure out who she was? He didn't really have any contacts in the infirmary, but he figured it wouldn't hurt to develop some.

As he stepped into the old looking building, the smells and sounds that hit him were overwhelming. Why did Nykans have to live so frivolously. He was svefra, but dang, slow down people. At least he looked like a Nykan, having that going for him. People lined the room, awaiting a room for their various injuries. It was here he could possibly follow up on fights and going ons in the city, but at the moment he just wanted to figure out what mysterious events brought this woman here, and who she was.

Other's Words -- My Words -- My Thoughts
Gybe
Player

Words: 60786
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2015, 8:31 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets