PM to join [Sundial Circle]To Sense Strange Things, or to See?[Levi]

Tails is out walking throughout the Trail of the Sundial Circle. Encounters some strange phenomenon and Levi comes in to investigate.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

[Sundial Circle]To Sense Strange Things, or to See?[Levi]

Postby Tail on January 16th, 2016, 5:40 pm

Winter515AV 35 of 92

Stone bricks lined the pathway of the known Sundial Circle. Crisp cool winds filled the air light snow blanketed the gardens. Hiding all of the shrubberies and bushes as well as flowers that would perhaps grow. The small Pycon walked throughout the pathway and take one little step at a time with his small clay like feet. Tails was starting to grow eager of the walk. Since he is roughly three inches. His little clay feet crunched against the snowy white field of snow. Leaving a trail of small feet behind him. The day was meant to be worshiped as he was one of the religious beings who believed in religion as well as Gods and Goddesses. Today, he meant to praise to Harameus.

But, things change. And he wanted to thank Syna even though the Sundial Circle might not be the best place to praise her. But, Tails felt like he could be alone here within the Gardens of the Sundial Circle. The snow hadn't bothered the young Tails, but the crunching underneath his feet had bothered him like a kid asking multiple questions over and over. Or, someone staring at him because of his physical features. Just because he was made out of clay doesn't mean he could be interrogated by the people of Lhavit. He wasn't the only Pycon though. In fact, his parents were Pycons as well, so they also get the same amount of treatment. Synas light shone brightly as it reflected off of the snow.

Tails looked ahead of him with his little clay head, his fox like ears perked up as he thought he had heard something. Was it just his imagination? Or did it actually happen? The small aura reflected Tails eyes as it floated throughout the Gardens. Shifting and brushing against the dead bushes and snow. And left no noticeable footprints. The aura sensed was one of strangeness. It reminded Tails of the scent of blood. In a way, was it truly a ghost's aura? Tails rubbed his eyes as he didn't want to focus on the aura, but the temptation to understand what it was, was killing him. Not literally though. He attempted to avoid the temptation to begin the process of things to say to Syna. Even though, Syna wasn't Tails official deity. Without light though, Darkness would roam throughout Mizahar. Possibly terrorize the Good and enslave most of them. So as long as there is light, the shadows would be hidden behind.

A bend Tails had took, and he could now see the Circle. It was truly impressive. Well in Tails eyes, something small, but held a lot of importance. If only he was tall enough to see the Sundial Circle. He knew enough about at least. It was Synas Dial that could tell time by shadows that would be cast upon it. The weather grew cold, but did not bother Tails as much as it might when a normal being was exposed. He smiled as he neared the Sundial. A true accomplishment achieved as he had reached the sacred zone.

"Ah, finally. I can rest now."Tails said to himself. He figured that Syna would appreciate him walking all this way and allow him to rest for a few chimes. His little feet managed to walk the long pathway, but it seemed like ages to get here. He took extra effort to sit up on one of the benches he sighed heavily. Staring at the Sundial. He noticed the aura of the historical object. He could sense the history of the object. If only he would touch it, but no, Tails is not that dumb to fall for Overgiving. A consequence for using too much magic. It could end up killing you, and that was what his teacher had been teaching him. To try and control it.

Off a few yards into one of the patches where flowerbeds would might grow more shuffling and rustling was heard about. Tail's fox like ears perked up again, and he had sighed heavily as he turned to look. Nothing, he had spotted nothing out of the ordinary. It was strange though, was it really his imagination? Or... Tail pushed the thought aside. As it didn't bother him much. Perhaps it was just a squirrel or maybe a rabbit? But, the rustling had happened again, and Tails had thought he had heard crunching. But the crunching was coming from the pathway and not the flowerbeds. Tails spoke up concerned "Hello? Who' is there?"

"It's not where the journey takes you. It's where you take the journey."

Secret :
Credits to Avatar go to Nivel.
Tail
Player

Words: 81228
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 12:49 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Levi Remilian on January 17th, 2016, 3:42 am

35th of Winter, 515 AV

Today was to Levi's mind a tolerable day. About as tolerable a winter day could possibly be for the spiritist with a great dislike of the season Morwen reigned over. Snow crunched beneath Levi's boots as he walked through the Surya Plaza with his sister, the ghost floating close behind him. Today was to be yet another day to continue his self appointed task of searching Lhavit for spirits. There was the matter of the ghost rumoured to be haunting the library; for a moment Levi wondered why he did not investigate the library further.

The pair were moving along a path that cut through the plaza, in a way that lead to a central location. Levi highly doubted there would be a ghost here, but perhaps this would be a good time to see yet another landmark in Lhavit and-

Levi stopped walking and froze, a sensation of unnatural cold lancing into his mind's attention. The spiritist would not go so far as to call it a sixth sense, but it was a sense honed by his training in spiritism. He stared intently at the direction of the source which seemed to be moving down the path. There was a ghost nearby, a different ghost from Naya. Said little ghost stopped too, looking up at Levi with translucent green eyes and asked, "You sense another ghost nearby right? I can feel their soulmist too."

Levi nodded and replied, "Correct, there is a spirit somewhere further down this path. Let's go." The spiritist and ghost continued down the path with a faster pace. Levi began to jog while Naya glided and blinked to keep up. The ghost's soulmist presence was getting closer and closer, he could feel it. But why would there be a ghost near the Sundial Circle? Thinking about it he had never seen the place for himself, only heard of it when asking about important Lhavitan landmarks. It appears that he will have a chance to see it for himself now.

Levi continued running and with one last turn he could now see the Sundial Circle. Much like the rest of Lhavit it was constructed of the same impressive skyglass, though blanketed in snow now in this season. There were several benches around it, all empty from his vantage. He slowed his pace down to a quick walk and strode toward the Sundial. That's when he heard a voice call out nearby, a deep voice. He stopped just before entering the ring of benches, slowly walked forward and turned to look at where the voice came from.

Levi looked at the bench to his right and on that bench sat what appeared to be a clay statue in the shape of a fox with human feet. Except the statue was moving and looking at him. The man blinked and stared at the creature for a moment, thoughts of tracking down the ghost forgotten for now. Memories of the giant stone face that served as Alvadas' gate returned to his mind. Were there such illusions here too? Unlikely. This must be something different.

After a couple ticks Levi realised he had been staring silently at the clay creature and quickly cleared his throat. "My apologies for startling you, you must be as surprised as I am." Naya blinked up and suddenly appeared in front of the Pycon, looking at him with wonder, "Whoa... you're a clay creature! Like living clay! What are you and what's your name?"

"Naya, please give them some distance for a little." Levi gently reminded her and the ghost nodded, floating away from the Pycon to Levi's side. The spiritist glanced about, looking around the snow-covered garden. He could feel the ghost was nearby; they were not revealing themselves but it was certain that the spirit was watching. Levi set his gaze on the clay creature again and asked, "Excuse me, but did you notice anything happen here? For instance... a ghost?"
ImageImageImage
Levi Remilian
Spiritist of Dira

Words: 154985
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2013, 12:23 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tail on January 18th, 2016, 5:19 pm

The Auristic glanced back at that same path where he had once looked after he had seen an aura, which floated past the gardens to the right of the Sundial. Well, to the right of Tail's perspective. It just... Floated across the Sundial like it wasn't even there. "Was that a ghost?" Tails had thought. But, its just as weird as seeing a figure made out of clay and being alive. The sound of crunched snow grew louder as a character seeming to be human came closer towards the Sundial. A man, of some sort. Human perhaps. His aura seemed warm. Like the sun. Kind, generous. Helpful. Willing to investigate whatever phenomenons occur.

Tails grown dizzy for a split tick. He blinked as the man looked around to spot him. Of course he was small, the smaller the better. Well, in Tail's perspective. If he was big and in combat he would be exposed to more hits and slashes then he would be small. The creation of the clay people seemed intentional, to make them small. Tails did not mind one bit. Though, the man wasn't alone when he looked about. Their, was also a ghostly figure striding aside him. A woman? She was just as eager to find out as much information as the man who wanted to find out any strange mishaps.

"Oh, my name... Its alright sir. I get that a lot. But, I'm not to big on crowds..."Tails took a sharp breath and continued as he paced about on the bench that he had once sat upon. "My name is Tails. You could possibly assume so by the physiques of my design... I'm an Auristic. Well learning to become one. And you, sir and ma'm whats your name? You two seem like a friendly lot."Tails said politely. He wanted to take a closer look at the Sundial Circle, but he didn't want to bother the man who stood behind it.

"Oh, strange things? Like floating ghosts. Like your friend there? Perhaps. There was one with a dark aura by the bushes in the gardens. It's definitely not friendly I tell you that."Tails had said. Well, that was what he had read from the aura. But, was it friendly? Or was it not?

The wind blew, and a few bits and pieces of snow were picked up by the light gusts of wind. The cool air felt good, and Tails was surprised to have met someone up at these parts of Lhavit. Be it, a spiritist. Tails was uncertain though whether or not if he could trust these two people."Being a ghost, you must get some awkward glances as well. I know that feeling, but we Pycons are just as interesting. So how'd you two come about, here at the Sundial Circle, not much people tend to visit this place. Possibly only to discover what the time could be. Or perhaps find a connection to Syna or just perhaps be alone?" Tails smiled. He stopped pacing across the bench and stood on one of the arms of the carefully built structure.

He stood on the bench's arm for one reason, so that the two characters can manage to see him over the Sundial Circle. The sight of the Sundial was truly a work of art. A few minor touches here and there. The Lhavitans work of art truly inspired Tails. Which was a thought to why would the young clay like figure would not want to leave this... Mystical place. And plus, where else would he go?

Secret :
Tail
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Levi Remilian on January 19th, 2016, 6:33 am

This creature, who had introduced themselves as Tails, was a peculiar being. Tails was a person too, they must be. A living being with a soul, just like himself. There was no reason for Levi to discriminate, none at all. The mention of it being an Auristic caught Levi's attention. Auristic? It was a word that Levi had not heard before. It was possible that this was another discipline of magic. If so this was a chance to learn and find out.

Levi introduced himself, "My name is Levi Remilian, and since you have told me your discipline I feel obligated to tell you mine. I am a Spiritist." The ghost next to him materialized, now more substantial than the shadowy form it was prior. "And I'm Naya! We're siblings and travellers!" The ghost spoke with a smile.

The Pycon's answer to Levi's question was interesting to the Spiritist to say the least. The mention of a 'dark aura' made the man tilt his head slightly. "A dark aura, so you can see these auras with your magic? What exactly is an aura though?" Levi inquired, curiosity creeping into his voice. Despite being a Spiritist, Levi knew little of the theoretical knowledge pertaining to magic and the soul. He was the kind to prefer application of what he learned. He admitted it was a problem, a problem he aimed to fix as soon as possible.

The ghost girl replied to Tails with a cheery and echoing voice, "I think you're way more interesting than I am. I mean, I was human not a cool clay Pycon like you! Does that mean there is more people like you? I want to meet more of them." The ghost flashed a ghostly smile at Tails, clearly eager to find out more about him. Levi chuckled softly and patted the ghost's head, only able to do since she had materialized.

"Maybe later Naya, right now we have work to do," Levi spoke calmly, surveying the area until his gaze rested on the Sundial. "We'll be frank. We came for none of those reasons unfortunately, though I have to say it is an impressive sight. I would love to see this place when the spring comes." The topic drifted away for a moment before Levi stopped himself. The spiritist further explained, " I had sensed a ghost in this area and followed after it. That must be the dark aura you noticed. I can feel it is here with us right now." As he spoke Levi continued looking at the Sundial because, though Tails may not be able to see it without using Auristics, the Spiritist could sense the ethereal presence floating there. Silent and unseen. Watching.

For now the spirit was quiet, content with only watching it seemed. It was only a matter of time before something happened. Levi began a mental inventory of what equipment he had on him that day. Ghostbeads, two jars of soon-to-be soulmist, two throwing daggers, and his longsword. The normal attire and setup. Add to that Naya and a Pycon with the ability to read auras. With luck this could be resolved peacefully. However, the experience he had with Djas and the ghost Veila still lingered in his mind. A re-enactment of that day would be unpleasant.

"Tails, if you do not mind, can you look at the aura again? They are near the Sundial." Levi politely requested to the Pycon. Naya floated beside him, looking at the same spot Levi was. Being a ghost she too could sense the presence of other ghosts. Levi noticed that there was something the garden plants to rustle again. Soulmist manipulation? Possibly.

"I know you're there, whoever you are. It is alright, you can reveal yourself. We mean no harm." Even as Levi said this, the painful memory of the last time he said these exact words ringed painfully in his mind. What happened next was Djas and himself getting strangled by a dangerous spirit. Hopefully this time would play out differently.

Credit goes to the fantastic Firenze
Last edited by Levi Remilian on January 21st, 2016, 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Levi Remilian
Spiritist of Dira

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tail on January 19th, 2016, 5:36 pm

The small clay figure stood with his shoulders broad. He waited for the two to finish their chatter as he would like to reply. The human male, Levi Remilian explained how he had come about this place, with a fairly short brevity of the concept. The wind brushed against the clay figure as he recontinued to pace about the bench that he had stood on for a few chimes now. He was afraid that if he had jumped off, Levi wouldn't see him, but he could always speak up, obviously.

Discipline? Not so much of what he does. Tail's would prefer the Autistics, as a hobby persay. He was right about the assumption of Levi being a spiritist. The ghostly figure floated as she explained her side of the story. Naya. Was her name. It was a friendly one, but also the name seemed strange to him. Almost as strange as Tails. But, referring to the human culture, it was more likely to have your own named picked at birth, by your parents if the offspring had parents to dwell with.

The ghost named Nayay, explained more thoroughly that she was a sibling to Levi. What happened to Nayay, if she were dead? And why would she be gliding along Levi like a magnet, but isn't attached. It didn't quite make sense to Tails. But, it was just as weird as seeing a small clay person right? Naay, on the other hand had probably gotten a lot of awkward looks at her. Especially if she was seen floating near Levi.

Tail's didn't mind. In fact, he was probably as strange as a Ghost. Since he was a living clay form. He was made with a soul, a purpose. The God Harameus probably felt that it was necessary to create a being like Tails. Even though, historical records state that Rupert Pycon had created the race of the clay people. Tail's didn't see it that way, if he saw it that way. It felt to him, that the creation was just a mistake and Rupert Pycon suffered the consequence of creating the little clay people by using his own alchemy and magic.

The human man who had his name entitled to Levi, tilted his head just slightly. After Tails claimed that he had sensed a dark aura. The bench felt cold, at the mentioning of this "dark spirit." He did see early, to his right side there, was a garden patch that was once covered by sniw as it was recently shaken by the dark spirit that lurked about the Sundial Circle. Tail's was unsure to what the ghost was doing. How would the occupation of a spiritist work, exactly? We're they able to sense things other than the spirit, or just the presence of the spirit and noting else?

It's different with Autistics. Once you've sensed the aura of a person or an object. You can identify a lot of other things about them. Once you have had discovered the actual characteristics of the object or the person."Well, to answer your question Levi. You can't entirely see the aura. It's more of a sixth sense. You can feel it, but not physically see it. The magic is a bit hard to explain, but easy to use once your used to it. With the ability to feel and or possibly see the aura, you can determine a lot of possibilities of any if not all of the information from a certain object or a particular person. There are however, limitations to it as you can't excessively use the power."

The clay like figure stood still on the wooden bench, as he had reached the other side of the arm. How many steps had he had taken so far? A lot it seems. "An aura is a certain... Energy or something of the similar sort. It is based off of all the characteristics of the person object or thing that it surrounds upon. For example, your history will possibly determine your aura. From what you have been through. It would either be something simple, like dark for either tough times that one had been through. Or warm like a generous person's might be. It all depends though from what you have had been through. The experience. I'm not particularly a master in this but, I'm striving to be one of the best known aurists here in Mizahar."

He eyed Naya, and Levi as they listened to him speak. The clay figure was glad that he could manage some conversation. Naya went on, speaking bombastically as she did so. She expressed her aweness with pure joy and excitement. She wanted to know more of the Pycon race? Well that would be a long long lecture. "Well, Naya I think all of us have something interesting within themselves."Tails spoke with heart as he meant what he said. And he said what he meant.

Yes, the Sundial Circle was a sight of impressiveness. And the thought of praising Syna had now vanished. "Yes, I heard this was something to see as well. This very sight might bring a thought of consternation to onself. It truly is a piece of work. "Tail's said with awe.

Then the same sensation of cold hit him. But, it wasn't the cold weather. It was something else. Something dark, and gloomy. Damp in a way. It's here.Tails thought as Levi spoke of the spirit.The bushes rustled underneath the snow. And snow shook violently and Tails almost jumped off of the bench. " Well, I believe he is here. Do you mind if I tag along. And help look? I would love to hear more of your, discipline. If that's what you call it. Or would you prefer occupation?"Tails announced. His clay face formed into a smile. And waited for an answer.

The bushes shook once again and snow was flung towards the Sundial. As if someone wanted to ward away Syna with snow that's not very effective? Tail's stumbled on the bench. As he was flabbergasted by the surprise of the snow."Well, something tells me he doesn't want to talk..."Tails spoke with a smirk like smile.
Credits go to Graham Whipmane

Secret :
Tail
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Levi Remilian on January 21st, 2016, 4:03 am

Levi listened to Tails' explanation about Auristics and what an aura is with keen interest, nodding occasionally. It was a little vague and difficult, but he understood the basic concept of the discipline. From what Tails was telling him, Auristics was a magic that collected information by reading someone or something's aura. For magic it certainly was not visually flashy much like his own Spiritism but the application of the information it could glean would be highly useful in any situation. The possibilities of what one could do with it, they would be able to read off the emotional and physical state of anyone or anything they encountered; it could be a powerful ability if used well.

"An emanation of the soul, that is aura." Levi quietly spoke, half to himself and half to Tails, "That is considering if even inanimate objects had souls, so is it another property?" Again he asked but instead he shook his head, "Apologies, I am getting too lost in thought about this. Not to mention I do not know much of the theoretical aspects of magic." Naya on the other hand had listened raptly to the Pycon's description and exclaimed, "That is really neat! Hey why don't you read our aura thingies afterwards? Would you do that please?"

"Don't push him, he does have limits regarding how much he can use that magic." Levi warned Naya and looked at Tails, crossing his arms. "Though I must ask, what is it that limits you? Does reading an aura use up your stamina?" Despite being a Spiritist, Levi had never learned the basic theory of djed nor was he aware of the exact details pertaining to the personal magics. His mother who taught him was a purist in that regard who was focused only on using the arcane art to aid ghosts. Thus it was difficult to call Levi a 'mage' in the traditional sense.

The ever present sensation of cold on his mind kept Levi's mind alert. This continued silence from the ghost's end was only making the Spiritist increase his caution regarding the situation. His gaze fell right on a spot near a few snow-covered bushes, fixed on the unseen entity. The rustling bushes hardly surprised him; it was normal behaviour for a ghost to try and spook people with a few minor manipulations of the environment. It definitely seemed to have worked on Tails though.

Hearing Tails' request to help, Levi turned towards the Pycon and nodded, "I do not mind at all. Your ability can be very useful I think." He turned around to face where he could sense the ghost was, speaking with brevity,"To me it is both a discipline and an occupation. I can tell you about Spiritism indeed, and return you can tell me more about Auristics. A sharing of knowledge between two magic users."

Once more the ghost began to manipulate snow again instead of replying to Levi. Was the spirit stubborn? Shy? Angry? Now Levi could see why Auristics could be very useful for a man in such an occupation like himself. Was there a way he could learn the magic? The utility of it sounded very good and it did not seem very dangerous unlike the stories he had heard of mad power hungry mages. And yet... despite all that he could not get rid of the feeling there was still a risk to it. There had to be an equivalent price to pay; it was the same in Spiritism where he had to use his blood to create soulmist. Was the possible consequence worth gaining the ability to discern unseen truth?

Now was not the time for Levi to think about that however; he had a ghost to help right now. The Spiritist frowned slightly unlike Tails' smirk at the situation. He stared right at the unseen spirit and spoke again. "Again, we are here to help you. How can we help you?"

Silence rang through the air for several moments before a wispy voice echoed in reply, strangely deep for its softness, "Find it... where is it... I... lost it...I must find... My.... my..." The voice once again went silent, leaving Levi to think. It was possible the spirit was too weak to physically manifest, but they still had the power to manipulate the snow so that could not be the case. With Tails' description of the ghost's aura as 'dark', the Spiritist could not completely let his guard down around this particular ghost.

After a few ticks Levi replied to the invisible ghost, "Find it? What have you lost? We can help you." Naya also spoke up, floating closer to the spot the unseen spirit was occupying, "Yeah! Big brother and Tails are good guys, you can trust them!"

Once more it was silent, almost as if the spirit was pondering the words, deciding whether or not to believe them. All Levi and Naya could do now was wait for the ghost's answer.

ImageImageImage
Levi Remilian
Spiritist of Dira

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tail on January 22nd, 2016, 2:34 pm

The human male, with the discipline of a Spiritist. Conversed with Tail and asked such questions that referred to Auristics. The magic wasn't completely complicating to explain. Although, there are topics within the subject that might proove a level of difficulty. Tail had never thought that he'll be explaining this magic to anyone. The clay figure was surprised to have even met someone who was as curious as this spiritist fellow. The man who called himself Levi seemed intent and determined in a way to know a lot about what Auristics was.

With that Tail hadn't mind one bit to answer all of the inquiries. The thought of praising Syna was lunged in the deep part of his cranium. To praise Syna was long forgotten as he wanted to make anything that the Pycon answered count. He pondered as the questions came in waves."Yes, yes. Whatever history you or the inanimate object or objects have been through your aura grows and reflects off of what had either happend to you or another person. It's different with the inanimate objects though. You can tell a lot from a book or a sword. You could figure out how much the object had been through."

Tail sighed as he took a little breath. The cool wind felt good against his body. The Pycon smiled as Levi the Spiritist asked of another question. Of inanimate objects had souls?"Oh. No, no, no, sorry. The inanimate objects don't particularly have there own soul. An aura isn't described as a soul silly. It is like an orb sort of, and it circles around it's the person or object. Example, people who are learning the magic of Auristics they would be able to see the aura. But, people who don't have the magic can't tell the difference. With an aura you can find out how gregarious one might be. Or how dangerous a person can be. With an inanimate object you are able to find out what characteristics, that it held from other beings that had had that oject."

The Pycon smiled as he thought for another answer."Eh, or something of the sort. I hope it's understandable. If not, I can try to explain it more thoroughly, but I would rather not."He smiled another big smile. Or at least it seemed to be that way. The man apologized for his questions? What kind of person would... Ah, it probably won't matter "Oh. No, no, no. The questions are quite fine my friend. I don't mind them at all. Besides the ones that I can't come up with an answer for."

It was quiet for a few ticks before the ghostly figure, Naya had spoken up. Read their auras. Even though Tail could have had already read the auras if the two. Probably not enough to figure out about who or how they are. But, he can figure out the how they act and such just by simple observational methods. And Tail would possibly soon be able to decipher the characteristics that these two, Levi and Naya hold. Why has these two beings gave a sprouting interest towards Tail. What kind of things shows Tail, that he could possibly get along with these two.

"Perhaps later, my friend Naya. We must find that other ghost that lurked around. Oh and the limits. Yes, there are such things as limits when it comes to a point where you use to much magic. The term by definition, Overgiving. It happens when you give in to the temptation of wanting to use magic. If you use to much of it, the magic will overwhelm you and you would possibly die, if you can get into a calmed state. Overgiving is kind of like a, schizophrenia type of thing. If we put it that way."

The Spiritist turned out to face the gardens and scanned the bushes. A few bits of rustling and brushingbsounds came forth within the gardens. The Spiritist turned and accepted the help quite cordially. And Tail was happy to oblige with the assistance. It was the least we can do. And so far, the spirit that Levi was trying to look for, hadn't come close enough for Tail to read more of the aura.

The man named Levi, spoke with such calmness. And it was intended for the spirit. The spirit that Tail had read. It was dark, probably not as dark as a murderous aura. Perhaps it grew mad as it had anlife? And that was what made the spirit become vicious and aggressive through its afterlife. But, then the Spiritist, Levi. Seemed to have strike a conversation with the spirit.

It spoke and it was looking for something. What would it be. What was it that it was looking for? How would it have had lost something? Especially if it was in the Sundial Circle Gardens. What would have had been so important that the soul of the spirit chose to stay behind? How could something hold such value to another person?

"If you tell us, what it is we can help you. Please my friend. No need to be aggressive. I can tell from your aura that you aren't that bad of a person." The spirit felt taunted and had thrown another piece of snow. And just missed the bench that Tails had been standing on."You, Auristics. I don't like kind like you... You are fakes... Phooneys.... Don't play those tricks on me... Where... Where... Mine..."The spirit mumbled and Tail would be caught dumbfounded by the spirit."Well, I've tried. Your turn."Tails said slowly. He wanted to help this spirit, but he can't do it without using his Auristics. And he had a slight fear of getting bear the ghost.

It was strange to think of it like this, but can Levi possibly do anything to help the spirit?

Secret :
Tail
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Levi Remilian on February 6th, 2016, 8:59 pm

OOCSorry for the long wait ^^;

"Overgiving... I see.."
Levi spoke softly to himself and pondered his thoughts in silence, arms crossed. Logically there is a limit to everything, magic included, and there are always consequences for going over those limits. Overgiving... it was a new term to Levi but from what Tails told him about it he understood the basics of it well enough. It sounded horrible, but the spiritist expected such. It was strange to him that even though he practiced a form of magic he never learned about this. Overgiving must be the result of using certain kinds of magic, magic that drew its power from the very soul of the mage. Auristics must be one of these. Spiritism on the other hand relied on unspoken magical rules and principles, rules that Levi may never discover the source of, but principles of this world that aid him regardless.

Even as the focus of the situation turned to conversation with the unseen ghost, Levi's thoughts still lingered on the past subject of magic and its cost. While Tails tried to persuade the ghost and was rebuffed, Levi watched on quietly, his attention split between the ghost before him and the questions in his mind. Should he learn another magic discipline? Would the benefit outweigh the cost?

Naya noticed Levi's silence even in the midst of dealing with the ghost and floated up to him, poking him on the cheek, "Brother... you need to focus!" Startled out of his thoughts, Levi blinked at his sister, glancing down at the Pycon and back at the ghost. Nodding, he shook off the distracting thoughts of magic and turned his gaze toward the still invisible spirit. "Alright, I will take care of this Tails, do not worry."

The ghost's dislike of aurists was plain to see, Levi only hoped that same dislike did not extend to spiritists as well. He had to ascertain the reason for this soul remaining, at the very least it was something that the ghost had lost... but what could it be? They had to find out. Levi stepped forward and closer to the spirit, Naya right by his side. He spoke gently, as disarmingly as possible, "If you are looking for something we can help you. Could you tell us what exactly you are looking for?"

Snow was tossed about angrily, clearing up more of the snow covered garden. An angry voice echoed, "Why should I tell you? You... you just want to take it... don't you?! Like the thief that stole it from me... you will steal it again... I... and only I... will find it... you won't have it... never... never... never!"

Levi sighed, crossing his arms. Naya also copied him in action as both seemed slightly exasperated by the ghost's stubbornness. "Obsession..." The spiritist quietly mused to himself, "You want to find this thing so much... do you sir? We have no interest in what you want to find. Please believe us when we say we only want to help you."

"Please mister? You can trust my brother... he really does only want to help ghosts like us." Naya spoke up, trying to help her brother persuade the ghost. Silence was the spirit's reply, no longer was snow being angrily tossed about. There was only an eerie silence left.

After a few ticks the silence finally broke with the spirit's answer, "I still don't trust you... especially that little fox there... but you... boy... I sense soulmist on you... a spiritist... oh yes... but the helpful kind..." The last words seemed to be spat out with some bite, but not a great amount. "You... can make soulmist for me... then maybe... maybe I'll let you young ones help... even that aurist there..." This time there was a profound disdain in the word 'aurist'. Levi nodded, though he frowned at this dislike of Tails. "Very well."

Levi opened his belt pouch and took out a small glass jar, inside it was a clump of dough that he had made earlier that day. He talked to Tails, "This is the key to spiritism, the creation of soulmist. I am sure you would be interested to see this." Opening the jar, he took out the dough and put it in his mouth. He unsheathed his dagger and after making a small cut on his thumb he lifted his hand to his mouth, letting the crimson droplets fall into his mouth. He squeezed his thumb to get more blood out and after a few ticks he took out a strip of fabric from his pouch and bound up his thumb, all the while chewing on the mix in his mouth.

It was a methodical and mundane process to him, hardly unsettling as it was in the early days. Still standing, he swallowed the dough and closed his eyes, picturing the ethereal image of a ghost and the mist that swirled around the apparition, breathing slowly and carefully. Emulation of the ghost's essence, that is what he was after. He slowly opened his eyes and sighed. Out of his mouth began spilling out a glowing and off-white misty substance, soulmist. He collected the soulmist into his jar and placed it on the ground. He looked up at where he knew the ghost was and nodded, "You may take it... now can you tell us about what you seek?"

ImageImageImage
Levi Remilian
Spiritist of Dira

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tail on February 10th, 2016, 3:55 am

After the attempt of conversing with the lost spirit. Tail, had redirected his abstratical thoughts through a different process. And thinking of ways to interpret what was going on and who was involved. Who. Was the easy part of the equation. Levi, Naya, Tail (obviously himself), and the lone spirit. Whom, seemed angry at the Autistics. Why, was he angry? What did the spirit lose before he died as a mortal? What held such value that this lone spirit had decided to stay in the world of Mizahar, just to keep it safe? What?

Questions pondered relentlessly throughout the pycons nexus. And he had had no clue of how to interpret the abstratical thoughts that differentiated throughout his little nexus. Though, he knew of a lot of information. But, not enough about spirits and spiritists. But, perhaps there would be a book or two based upon spirits and other mystical creatures that are just as mysterious as a lone aged spirit. Who had gone mad throughout his afterlife while searching for a lost value.

And it goes back to the item. What was it. How can Tails help? What can he contribute to. He hadn't felt drained yet, his auristics can be somewhat of use, but how would the Pycon muster the ability to use it and not anger the spirit? What if he angered the spirit with such madness, that the spirit had no use for the three other beings and decide to exclude itself out of this encounter? What then? How would Levi feel? Would he consider himself as such a failure as a famous runner who had been rewarded the position of last place and decided to run no more?

But, Tail saw more. He saw confidence from Levi. The man's aura was one of uniqueness that Tails had seen. Bright. Warm. Cordial. Anything that could describe Levi as a positive being. Mostly, he held a lot of courage. And still, he could live a long eternal life. If he follows the right decisions. To much. To much, has been exploited. To much thoughts that could drain Tail and his energy. Flick, he would know what to do, but his apartment is technically across Lhavit.

"Yes, Overgiving can be... Quite dangerous. That's why we magic users have to wield the magic with care. Er like, your holding a toddler, and you don't want to drop it. The thing that you don't want to drop with magic, would be the energy you have. Since magic can only generate from your level of energy. One would need to be careful with their amount of energy. And hope for the best, that it wouldn't take to much in one go..." His words were lost in thought as he just realized how using to much magic can be baleful. Even auristics, the ability to read auras and history has a consequence. Does everything have a consequence? Why? Why would everything have a particular consequence?

What is the outcome of everything that would be used in a more excessive way. Okay, when one would run and or jog. Those people would get tired, and can possibly run themselves into fatigue if they choose to do so. But, the outcome of running would be that the ones who would be running would gain possible leg muscles and have a better lasting energy for running. If one would decide to run every day. Swordplay. If you practice to much, and end up going fatigue in that way. Then, when one would actually interact with a swordplay duel to the death, would that person feel energetic enough to execute all of his proper strikes thoroughly?

That would be just two things of ordinary that hold a consequence and or outcome of the event. Running. Swordplay. Both which rely on muscle and energy to continue with throughout days on end. Practice. Practice, is the key to survival and being resourceful. Being good at something, is better than being bad at everything. That's how Tail had always seen it. Not only did living throughout the wild lands of Mizahar taught him points and tips in survival, but his parents as well.

Survival is an essential need to live and prosper. To have prosperity would meen to establish a goal of sentiment and modesty. To thrive, dwell on this and each and or every experience that one would encounter. Tail, knew what he was going to go through in order to become a fully trained aurist. He read through the job application list, that when one is an aurist, they'll have enough poverty to live for a few seasons without a mix of despair. Though, the Pycon doesn't have a need for money per say, but he does need a job, and can't live off of 100 kina for a few seasons.

The Pycon would have to have a decent amount of knowledge and capability before he can go set forth on his career if being an aurist. Though, he claimed earlier that it was a partial hobby. But, it was half of a little white lie, per say. And Tail would be intrigued enough to have the opportunity to earn a profit by being a mage. And reading others auras. There's possibly plenty of other Auristics out there throughout Mizahar. And some possibly with a more higher of a skill level then Tail.

It seemed that Levi had agreed to a somewhat "simple" barter. Soulmist. What kind of element would be of creation with such name of soulmist. Would Levi have the ability to create such an element? Levi took out a jar of some sort, and it carried a soft chewy material. Dough perhaps. Or something of the like. The man chewed it with careful ease as he looked merely tensed with displeasure. The man then unsheathed his dagger, sliced a small centimeter or two long cut and relinquished crimson colored droplets from his thumb and dropped a few drops into his mouth as he opened.

Levi, seemed to have had swallowed the dough after he had attended to his hand with a piece of fabric and wrapped up the thumb. The spirit was calming himself down as it seemed to have been watching the man from afar. Tail stood aghast as he watched the process take place. Bewildered merely. And intent with curiosity. Levi sheathed his dagger and released an essence of a white substance that poured back into the jar.

Levi held out the jar and spoke with an unsatisfied tone.[color=#004000]"You may take it... now can you tell us about what you seek?"
Tails stood in silence as he waited for a response to come abrupt. For a split ticks there was, until the spirit coaxed into conversing with the three."Fine, Fine fine. Now gimme that soulmist of yours boy. I'm here now. You can see me."The spirit spoke with annoyance as he looked at Tail with an eye perched, and gave a disgusted countenance.

The spirit floated. And appeared to be a somewhat appearance of an old man. His legs fromed into a floating tail. Old facial expressions. Thin. "The names Caronis Verola. I'm a jewler. Or was so it seems. Bah, I could beat anybody with my skills. Anyone. Though, I became ignorant in my days, and before I passed I had lost something quite... Special of mine you see."The spirit mainly actioned his words towards Levi, and kept his awareness of Tail, but had no interest of conversing with the somewhat abnormal being. Though, it wasn't hard to strike conversation with the Pycon, but the man figured he could trust Levi more so than an Aurist."So boy, would you give it ere' or will you just hold it. You know I could have some use with that soulmist of yours boy."The man stated with greedy like hands as he waved them about in Levis and Nayas face. Waiting for their attention to transition to the fact of his appearance.

OOCSorry for the wait. Hope it's good. :)

[/color]

Secret :
Tail
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Levi Remilian on February 11th, 2016, 4:52 am

The Pycon further expounded on the nature of overgiving, despite the fact that Levi had not asked for further explanation. Not that Levi minded Tail continuing on with his explanation, it was very important information for Levi to know. He nodded a few times while listening to show that he was paying attention and understood what was being said. Spiritism did not draw from the personal energy of the soul as auristics did, but it was wise for Levi to know if he ever did dare to learn another kind of magic.

Surely there must be differences in the amount of energy that different disciplines of magic consumed. Auristics was possibly much lower in strain in comparison to whatever kind of magic is used to conjure and control the elements like in the old stories. If so, it would be much safer for Levi to learn about the less straining varieties of magic. For some reason, Levi had a feeling that there was more to the consequences of overgiving than Tail mentioned that could be dependent on the magic, consequences that could be much worse than this schizophrenia, whatever that was.

It was time to move the thoughts of his mind away from pondering magic. Levi watched the ghost materialize and take the form of an old man, with the looks of a sharp and hawkish individual. It puzzled Levi why the man's legs appeared to wisp together into a wispy point. Simply by looking at the ghost's materialized form the spiritist could tell that in terms of materialization this particular spirit was more skilled than Naya. There was a lack of flickering or hazy edges and his voice no longer echoed like that of his sister's. Still like an old painting in style, but more realistic and lifelike. Possibly personal preference, or a even deeper meaning.

The spirit's overall demeanour of annoyance and disgust was not missed by Levi, but having put on his own professional demeanour of calm tolerance, the young man hardly minded the ghost's sour attitude for now. After listening to the ghost introduce himself and boasted of his skill as a jeweller, Levi nodded and handed the jar of soulmist to Caronis. "I do know, with me here you can do a few more things actually." Ignoring the spiritist's comment, the ghost's ethereal hands reached out greedily for the jar and snatched it out of Levi's hand. The ghost appeared to tip the jar over and absorbed the substance into himself. Soon Caronis seemed to appear all the more stable and exuded a somewhat increased stability.

"Ah... now that was nice soulmist you made there boy. If you can make good stuff like that, I guess I can let you help me... although I still don't trust that clay aurist there. Nasty sort of people those mages are, it's like they can read your damn mind!" Caronis glared with clear dislike at Tail. Levi frowned slightly at this display. "Mr. Verola, he is here to help you too." The spiritist spoke, evenly and diplomatically, " If it will put you at ease I can ask him to not read your aura." Saying this, he glanced back at Tail, waiting for a response. Somewhere in the back of his mind, the colder and more calculating side of Levi hoped that the Pycon had already read Caronis' aura so that they still had that information before Tails had to stop using auristics.

"So what are you looking for Mr. Caronis? Is it a special jewel that you crafted?" At this point Naya joined in, curious green eyes looking up at the older ghost. The question that Levi was going to ask next was taken right out of his mouth by the ghost girl, aiding in proceeding the conversation along.

"Well of course! It was the best piece of work I had ever crafted see, an exquisitely faceted kainyte gem of deep indigo with streaks of a sky blue weaving through it in such beauty! No other jeweller could have made that jewel shine like I did!" Caronis boasted loudly, to which Levi simply tilted his head and nodded. So he was the prideful sort of craftsmen, this could quickly turning irritating.

"How did you lose it then?" Levi said, a hint of curiosity in his voice. The ghost's boastful attitude seemed to almost drop like a stone flung into deep waters. Caronis' face shifted into frustration, his mouth jerking in a snarl.

"Someone stole it from me," The words were spat out with a bitter resent, "But before that they killed me! Right around on the very day I had finished. How dare that petching murderer and thief do that to me! I will find my gem, I will!" The acerbic words changed to an outright angry cry of outrage from the ghost, but Levi hardly flinched at all.

The spiritist continued his questions calmly, "Can you tell me more about what happened that day? If the memories are hazy, which they can be, you can possess me and I can view the memories of that day, if you allow me of course. The soulmist I gave you should help you take hold easier."

OOCNot to worry, I left you hanging for much longer than that ^^;

ImageImageImage
Levi Remilian
Spiritist of Dira

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes